"You're too weak to survive. You are too fragile of a human being to even be worth the oxygen you consume, you little bitch."Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
You don't have to be married to passionately press your lips against another, your throbbing heartbeat overpowering every other stimulus as the nerves in your lips send chemo electrical impulses straight to your brain to release a cocktail of hormones that all but screams at you to tear the clothes off yourself and your partner for a night spent in blissful ecstasy.

go to church, brother

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
You don't have to be married to passionately press your lips against another, your throbbing heartbeat overpowering every other stimulus as the nerves in your lips send chemo electrical impulses straight to your brain to release a cocktail of hormones that all but screams at you to tear the clothes off yourself and your partner for a night spent in blissful ecstasy.
Brother, save that for the DMs

Also, Riki Poppet from the new Idol gen is literally just a female Bettel and it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize it

Hell, she even likes the same kind of music

Faceless Waifu

prompt: sister cleaire, event horizon, no eyes
Early Adopter
there are no standards for VA anymore holy shit
If there's any consolation, she only voiced a part of a character that already have a voice actress that isn't "I got picked for funsies", and even then it isn't saying much.

Context: Ironmouse voiced Dormouse, which is a talking rat trap weapon/summon thing that was used by the human rat ear character Vikala. Vikala is voiced by voice actress Hayden Daviau who already have some decent list of casting (recent one being the protagonist of that Vtuber Legend anime's dub).

I was going to comment about it was probably a small issue, but then I realized that:
- Said VA for Vikala is also doing vtuber as side-gig (Sylla Aria)
- She also married to one Alejandro Saab, aka vtuber Cy Yu

.... Suddenly them hiring Ironmouse kinda make sense... ish. Still though, it shouldn't be an issue since Ironmouse's role as the VA of that character's weapon is quite small compared to the other VA voicing the character itself.

honestly still wondering what ever happened to their original group. But I'm not going to fault the company for going all in on the Indonesian market since it seems like it was how they got big in the first place.
The original kinda got sidetracked due to them adoption of ID talents pretty much overwhelming the original ones. And even as lucrative the Indonesian market were, they really only get tractions when they start working with ID's idol group AKB48 to assist said group's own vtubers and that they managed to get ID indies that already have decent enough followers before they went into AKA.

Not only that, pretty sure most of them went MIA or something, so it's hard to tell whether they still doing things or not. The focus on the ID ones didn't really help either.
Has there ever been standards in EN voice acting? It's pretty much always came down to star power and whoever else was willing to do the job, if someone bothered to put in a good performance you were lucky. If anything it used to be worse.
Most of them iirc ended up having the same, similar standards of "hire the ones we know and don't change things around", making it sound same-y without any sort of changes. Of course there are good ones in the recent years (Dungeon Meshi's dub is fine imo and EN dub of Alya from Alya tsun-speak-commie anime is pretty neat because the VA is also fluent in russia), but most of them time it just felt... same and probably relies on notable VA or even popular voices to get some sort of interest (like say, hiring Gianni Matragianno because he make meme videos or obligatory 'hire a vtuber' thingie that was discussed above)

Probably the best one that I can imagine to have the best standards would be the dubbing in some gacha games like say, Arknights or Reverse:1999, since those two games at the very least tried to emphasis less on 'recognizable voices' and more on 'getting it to sound right''.

In Arknights case, while their earliest attempt was mostly making them sounded british (to the point of it becoming a meme), recent dubs has them hiring VAs that didn't come from NA/Canada in order to get the accents while still having the fluency of english speakers while also making the usage of 'gratituous foreign language' trope works since, well, the VA are fluent in said foreign language as well. Same thing pretty much also done on Reverse1999 as well, but not to the same extent as Arknights.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'd say the access to collabs are the biggest bonus from joining Niji EN, even after the company nuked itself the livers don't have any trouble getting collabs.

Twisty seems to do multiple collabs every single week with basically anyone she can find. Same for Ryoma, who has been playing VSPO girls recently and even played a couple of games on stream with Doki. :dokiSmugNew:

Both of them seem to have been complete nobodies in their PL and I doubt they would have gotten into a better corpo or any of those collabs otherwise.
Here's what I think is happening here:
  1. Talent signs up to work in the Nijisanji salt mines for the two-year contract,
  2. While at Niji, work as hard as they can, and make as many connections and gain as much viewers as they can while they're there
  3. They graduate after the contract is over, and take whatever they can back with them to their past life to try and make an independent career work.
Some vtubers have used their careers in major corpos to gain varying levels of success after leaving those corpos, and the same goes for content creators in other online media companies outside of vtubing. I don't think it's the worst plan ever, especially if their careers weren't going anywhere before joining Nijisanji.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Clara will soon live to regret her words and deeds, please look forward to it:

thirteenorphans

Truly a fellow Novelite

Bronze

Muyu's going to chill in Minecraft in 5 min

Ember's unpacking, same time

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Salado

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Ensok

Early Adopter
I'm glad to be the yuri rep this fprum needs
I'm a big yuri fan too, just generally don't talk about it. I ship some of the "characters" but it's a little more awkward when it's real life people behind them. Of course they all know what they're doing, they know it's good for business. And that Phase Connect offkai collab stream was the gayest fucking thing I've watched vtuber related.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Thoughts or opinions on Hakos Baelz of hololive English -Promise-?

1729625039817.png
1729625008172.png

This is literally entrapment.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

💛 🩷 Time

Compilation of Clara defining various Zoomer Slang in the Gospel by Gen Z

httn

Panko of color
With Kawaii's death old wounds start healing.

Archive holy shit why is the queue over 4000

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
oksy buttercuckies why is shiina doing a gay bee larp?

frz

NieR Automata is a blessing onto ratkind and has given us great moments:

And
View attachment 81220
:MozumiPichi:

I actually watched the full stream it was fun
It reminded me how much I fucking love this game. Jesus christ the music.
She already got seduced by Pascal/Aoi Yuuki. Can't wait til she gets to *the part*. She'd probs gonna love the godzilla fight too.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
oh the square enix stream muted shiina the whole time

Bronze

bothyourhouses

So... maybe she gonna identify scant few people there, how does it help stop hate? Vast majority is unreachable. if anything, other people will increase hate comments output. It's all so futile. Something something fighting windmills.
No you don't get it, if she just sues a few more trolls then all the hate against her will stop.

Top Bottom