"...She (The Queen of England) died from jumping in puddles"Hakos Baelz

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

RiverBear

Just remembered, have they fixed Ina's visa issues? Seems like it's been a week since

Salado

1729147056285373.jpg

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
So I guess with all the recent vutber posturing to move over to bluesky, do we know if bluesky blocks all other instances or can it viewed from another instance? I haven't looked at the fedi in awhile and it looks like baest and freespeechextremist is kill. I imagine poast is auto blocked?

frz

Wait so that's it?
All Bondlive in Youtube just gone?
Tbf they could choose to stay and stream in IRIAM instead of going indie and stream on an unknown, untested, newer platform like, say, twitch.
But I give human the benefit of the doubt that most people are too smart for doing something that dumb.

Trout is going to go ahead and close down memberships since I'm guessing the hiatus is going to be long. He only has one thing posted, it was a community post, so it's not like there's anything to see over there anyways.

Who? And why is he named after a fish?
Kinda funny X changing the tos and being open about using your data to train the A.I. was the push needed for them to start seriously migrating to the fediverse.
No not really, they will post it there about a month, see 0 interaction and then move back

Wellful of Wails

Toxic Benevolence Critic
mn9jgo.PNG

I've seen a lot of people pretending that bluesky has a chance of being a viable social media platform recently.
You won't be missed, you goofy tart. The only time anyone valued what you had to say is when they could pretend you had fat tits.

Nor will any of the rest of these "don't think about my art without my permission" types tehe pero~ing their screenshot of Bluesky/Misskey accounts instead of typing it out to game the algo on the site they keep threatening to leave. Do it; leave. Don't give us that "just in case~" nonsense and just go. In case what? Say the goofy fearmongering out loud. In case what?

You really scared how your art will be used now compared to before? Then you should leave. Close your account. Do the "right thing" and go to a social media that will respect you and your hard work. Otherwise you're a hypocrite who wants to play both sides because it's convenient to ignore your morality.

JMForte

Good thing nothing too terrible happened. Hopefully that's the end and Rie actually learns from it.
Don't know how accurate or true this is about it probably being a Russian, also apparently, she was talking about almost falling for a phishing scam, so I guess she actually DID click a fucking link.
View attachment 80818
View attachment 80817
This happens so soon after Pippa admitted to clicking some retarded link in the offkai discord when it got hacked, and that was one of the most obvious scam links I've seen in a while, she was lucky she was on her phone when she did it. Pippa probably also did something similar back when her discord got locked that one time. They need like a proper mandatory course, because obviously them repeatedly fucking up isn't teaching them.
This was what Pippa saw, and thought would be fine to click, I genuinely don't think they're ever going to learn, because that shit is WAY too obvious. Something I would expect an old lady to click, not knowing better. Not someone who lives on the internet.
FreeHololiveSoftware.png

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Kinda funny X changing the tos and being open about using your data to train the A.I. was the push needed for them to start seriously migrating to the fediverse.

Bluesky isn't Fediverse. It has its own protocol thing that doesn't interact with the Fediverse for some reason.

So I guess with all the recent vutber posturing to move over to bluesky, do we know if bluesky blocks all other instances or can it viewed from another instance? I haven't looked at the fedi in awhile and it looks like baest and freespeechextremist is kill. I imagine poast is auto blocked?

See above. For what it's worth the last time there was a Twitter exodus movement a lot of vtubers set up accounts on the Misskey.io Fediverse instance (I'm @murray@misskey.io but I haven't used it in a year). I just tried it and that server at least seems to not be federating with Poast.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Good thing nothing too terrible happened. Hopefully that's the end and Rie actually learns from it.

This was what Pippa saw, and thought would be fine to click, I genuinely don't think they're ever going to learn, because that shit is WAY too obvious. Something I would expect an old lady to click, not knowing better. Not someone who lives on the internet.
:vesperfacepalm::vesperfacepalm::vesperfacepalm::vesperfacepalm::vesperfacepalm::vesperfacepalm:

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Just remembered, have they fixed Ina's visa issues? Seems like it's been a week since
Depends on how bad that particular ball was dropped and how particular autistic the Japanese immigration office is. It could range from a simple issue of some Cover peon not following up on some required documents that can just be rectified by sending those additional docs in to the immigration office, to some possible worst case where the wrong visa type was issued and Cover would have to re-apply and start from scratch for the correct one but unfortunately that particular visa type has already reached the quota for the year. Kinda like the H1B visa for the US where the number issued per year is capped/limited. Either way, it can take months - even with just the simple case of missing required documents.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Bluesky isn't Fediverse. It has its own protocol thing that doesn't interact with the Fediverse for some reason.

See above. For what it's worth the last time there was a Twitter exodus movement a lot of vtubers set up accounts on the Misskey.io Fediverse instance (I'm @murray@misskey.io but I haven't used it in a year). I just tried it and that server at least seems to not be federating with Poast.
So it's more like Minds and Gab then? I see the bsky handles and my gut says fediverse.

Either way, I agree with frz that most will just slink back to X after not getting nearly as much engagement as they're accustomed to.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It does have a chance albeit slightly, the site basically imports a lot of the Good twitter/x features while getting rid of all the bad muskrat update.
If they could convince most of the corporate/Japanese accounts to move there it would be an even bigger reason for people to start joining there en masse
No corpo is gonna move to some random platform just because seething artists and twittards are going there for a week to protest before they begin craving the attention juice and move back. The truth of the matter is that 99% of Twitter users aren't moving and corpos only care about the majority.

Remember mastodon? Remember the beehive logo one I forgot the name of? Yeah people have been swearing they'll fuck off of Twitter for a few years now and it never happens, this is all lip service.
Even if they did they wouldn't tell us.

The fix could take weeks or months depending on what the issue actually was so dont get your hopes up.

the red road

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Guys, I think we all knew that she was retarded, but I don't think we realized HOW retarded.
Pippa said on the stream she did after she clicked that link (I forget whether it was the day of or day after) that she literally only clicked it because she saw;
>Offkai Official server announcement.
>"Hololive"
>URL immediately following it.

She had ignored nearly every vtuber related server posting an announcement that said "DON'T FUCKING CLICK SHIT IN THE OFFKAI SERVER, IT GOT COMPROMISED!" throughout the day too, apparently.
Literally peak retard moment. I think she acknowledged that it was rather retarded for her to have done that. At least it was only on her phone and compromised her company discord account for a brief period of time, right guys?
:depressedtako:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Well, I for one, am happy to feed Elon's AI baby.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
should we make an instructional pamphlet about "do not click on suspicious links from people/places you don't know"

God's Strongest Dragoon

The thing I'm seeing people complain about is that they made it so that if you make a public tweet, accounts that you block can see that tweet. Which is colossally fucking stupid to complain about because if someone was stalking you, they could figure out how to make an alt account with zero effort.

Top Bottom