"I also said 'I like nuts!' out loud while I'm walking around crowded places"Ayunda Risu

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Are you for real?
She has to take sponsors like "Faaast Penguin", a shitty free to play game that can barely hold 400 players, just to keep the lights on.

Expansion costs money. You can't expand to make money short term. If she can't make the business work at this scale, "expansion" is not going to fix it.

Where the fuck does the money come from though? Chicken and egg, she needs to invest to make a return but she doesn't have any money to invest.

on top of all this is the rumor shes still in debt from Yamanbasanji.
I've been away two and a half days, what did I miss?
nothing read the post two above yours :smugpipi:
Now she just needs a laser disc player to hook up to it.
For a minute i had gaslit myself into thinking this was another Amipost the hell is Sayu doing with a CRT?
@The Proctor I want to echo this as earnest feedback since it's become a small but noticeable concern I've had recently. Vagueposting is how rrats take off, because when people are given an incomplete story it is human nature to fill in the blanks ourselves, with varying levels of accuracy. This happens on /vt/ when people wink-and-nudge about certain events since laying out the full story would require posting roommate information and earn them a ban, and I could see it happening here when you allude to major events happening but don't show your working.

I obviously don't expect you to start Hexa-ing about things you've been told in confidence, but with every situation there's a call to be made about whether to share everything that's in the public interest in a way that reasonably satiates people's curiosity, or share nothing if it would either compromise your source's privacy or if it's not in the public interest in the first place. Trying to meet in the middle by alluding to privileged information most people don't have ends up causing problems for everyone involved.
We should probably also stop poking him for being slightly retarded. Godspeed Bossman I swear were grateful.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Hff201

Early Adopter
1727669853013.png
Anyone know what Miori's having a melty over this time?

I thought unfucking her back had magically fixed her menhera?
Nothing can unfix this menhera. Nothing.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Himemiya rie has a new outfit????
GYsk2zPXwAAbwb3.jpeg
GYshvyPWAAAkAc-.jpeg
GYsdCWFXsAActjt.jpeg
looks... great

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
View attachment 79519
Pretty sure it's related to her 4.0, the usual nitpicking and stressing over it. I think she felt she could have done better since she overlapped with the unscheduled AmeSame collab.
Does she have a lot of overlap with chumcons and Holofans in general? If not then why the fuck does she care.
Menhera doesn't need a reason lmao. Plus still depression looping with her dead friend and all. The trigger is that I think her 4.0 didn't do as well as her 3.0, despite the 4.0 being better than her 3.0 (my opinion, having watched both).

FWIW, I think she peaked at around 1500 CCV, which is genuinely good, considering that fucking Gura and Ame were on their last one-on-one collab together at the same time. Only another Holo could have done better (or the bigger Twitch indies, I suppose).

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Pretty sure it's related to her 4.0, the usual nitpicking and stressing over it. I think she felt she could have done better since she overlapped with the unscheduled AmeSame collab.
Does she have a lot of overlap with chumcons and Holofans in general? If not then why the fuck does she care.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Its fine if her parents install a net.

Please if its really Part 2 let it have Lap,Bae or Bancho 🙏

Really impressed with Bancho from their live. Possibly the highlight in all of that.

Oh, we're just rratting, rather than discussing this seriously.

Most microcorpos aren't serious, just like most micro businesses in the entertainment. They're made by people that want to groom egirls or someone who's lucked into some money that thought that managing a vtuber company would be a lark. Most microcorpos don't have a business plan, the CEO doesn't understand the vtubing market, and doesn't have any of the necessary skills to run a business, let alone one with as many pitfalls as vtubing does.
Most micro corpos are a wet dream some retard with a ton of money has.

You could have made this post without vagueposting. It would have been better if you made this post without vagueposting.
Is it really vagueposting? Everyone knows he is talking about VReverie.

I thought Fishman's original investment was $50k. Not saying he didn't make further infusions, but that was also a six-member gen across multiple markets. That's a lot different from "hundreds of thousands to millions," and PC is more-or-less the only example of a small corpo* moving up to the majors, even if there's still a vast gulf between them and the big two.

*not counting Sony founding/acquisitions
And honestly this is why Phase struggled a bit early on. They basically just had models and some art. In a way that is a good thing because the Fish did not needlessly waste money on the corpo.

Something I always found curious about corpo VTubing is the topic of Birthdays. I get that not having them on the exact same day that the roommate has theirs makes sense for a couple of reasons. The Roommate doesn't have to split their time between VTuber and IRL festivities, you can space them out a lot better so there are fewer overlaps, sometimes a specific date fits for lore reasons etc.
But for that reason I always thought the Company basically just picks one for you and you don't really have much say in it, for most Corpo VTubers the dates between their real Birthdays and VTuber birthdays are pretty far apart.

But today the Twitter algorithm decided to present me with Ruze's PL celebrating his birthday live on stream including a facecam. (Also, Jesus Christ, this motherfucker has got to be one of the prettiest male VTubers around)

That stream was yesterday. And today, not even two days later, he's celebrating his birthday as Ruze.

Do you think this is purely coincidence or do the talents get a say on when their birthday is supposed to be. Do you know any other corpo VTubers who's birthdays are this close together? I randomly searched a couple and all of them were at least a month apart.

All of Myth has lore-related birthdays for their characters. Some JP members also have lore-related bdays. From what I remember staff basically lets them choose. I am pretty sure some people are just lazy and just pick a bday close to their real bday because they dont want to fuck up by having another date to remember.

Millions is ridiculous, but if you wanted to seriously break into the vtuber market in 2024, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to spend over six figures to debut a five-talent lineup. You've got talent models (Sakana put that at around 10 to 15K per talent, if I recall correctly). You're going to want associated art like intros, outros and BGMs. You'd want to spend well on an advertising campaign. Also, you're going to want wages, at a minimum, for yourself and a talent manager, and you're going to want that for at least from when you onboard a talent and a couple of months after while the talents are still growing their audience. You're probably going to want some songs to go with the debuts too. Yeah, a six figure sum could go pretty easily.
I think Stronny mentioned how much she spent on VAllure. Pretty sure it was around $100,000 in all. That said Stronny did go all out, pretty sure you can cheapen out a bit on some models and art.

Do you think Doki is a millionaire?
Yes but she is also bad with money so she spends it all on her Vtuber projects.

"Breaking into the market" is such a nebulous thing that you can't put a price tag on it, you could spend 50k and slowly build your way up by reinvesting everything into the company and having A tier practices and strategy, but you could also spend a million on shit and never get off the ground as the money gets squandered. You have titans like sony who have burned tons of money to try to force their way into the market and gotten nothing but also indies who spent less than 5k who just have a great streamer career and get into Holo territory by themselves. The real currency of this industry is luck, not money. And the real spending is in effort and dedication, not throwing cash into a hole to try to brute force fame.
I find that the biggest issue many corpos run into is a lack of support after debut. Hell even Niji does this. Very little promotion, very little advertising.

@The Proctor I want to echo this as earnest feedback since it's become a small but noticeable concern I've had recently. Vagueposting is how rrats take off, because when people are given an incomplete story it is human nature to fill in the blanks ourselves, with varying levels of accuracy. This happens on /vt/ when people wink-and-nudge about certain events since laying out the full story would require posting roommate information and earn them a ban, and I could see it happening here when you allude to major events happening but don't show your working.

There is no way you'd get a new corpo off the ground nowadays on $50k. The industry's much bigger now and if you want to stand out, you're gonna have to do something special to make an impression.

In all honesty I can't see new vtuber corpos taking off in the current year, unless they're already somewhat established outside of vtubing beforehand like Mythic. A few years ago during the era of Tsunderia/Prism/Phase etc.'s "small corpo unity" there was at least a somewhat central community that gave the talents in each the opportunity to network and have their fanbases crosspollinate with each other; now that new small corpos are popping up every day and mostly getting stuck in a 2view purgatory the audiences are much more scattershot, meaning that's not much of an option.
Hard disagree with you on this. Hell look at a poorfag like Nousagi and him basically creating a new Vtuber out of thin air. Pretty sure this can be replicated on a bigger scale if you are competent enough.

View attachment 79519
Miori is retarded. It is expected for her to just have random meltdowns for no fucking reason.

Caved in and decided to member to Amelia for her karaoke stream (first and only Hololive member I have joined memberships). Man. I hate this.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Do you know any other corpo VTubers who's birthdays are this close together? I randomly searched a couple and all of them were at least a month apart.
Subaru's IRL birthday and vtuber birthday are both on July 2nd. Going to assume it was her choice because it'd be hilarious if it wasn't.

niggaphil

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Hard disagree with you on this. Hell look at a poorfag like Nousagi and him basically creating a new Vtuber out of thin air. Pretty sure this can be replicated on a bigger scale if you are competent enough.
Nousagi is a dramafag who's been around for years, not the same as starting from nothing with no recognition.
thank god she released her new outfit. If not my youtube ad bombarded with her outfit reveal ad.

Fuck you @superduper , how much money did you pay to the jewtube??
Same here, I was getting annoyed at her retarded ad.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Make that pushed back by an hour. Another 30 minutes!
Okay, let's do this one more time (hopefully). Ame's last member's karaoke (unless she un-graduates in a few years) is in 22 minutes.

Hff201

Early Adopter
She takes GFE shit seriously and just the idea that her fans might be watching other girls instead of her special event's probably enough to have convinced her she's being cheated on or some shit.

Nousagi already had a channel and was able to use that to push a gimmick, it's a much different beast to launching a new company from nothing, and maintaining it long-term after the initial novelty's worn off.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
dunno, she had a meltdown a day or two ago over her redebut or whatever because she felt like she didnt improve a bit. Guess the brainworms didnt die down yet.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Okay, let's do this one more time (hopefully). Ame's last member's karaoke (unless she un-graduates in a few years) is in 22 minutes.

LIVE NOW
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xOkCJj_j7E

Top Bottom