"The bed is for sleeping... and possibly other things"Fujikura Uruka

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Kalion

:)

Eira will be gooning on that new indie vtuber GTA RP server.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

I have made a comment with full timestamps for last week's Proctor stream if any of you want to check out topics without having to wade through the ranting.

Hi, @The Proctor ! Arizonian gun nerd here!

Yeah, ammo naming conventions make no sense. I was thinking "if you're doing metric, you say the individual numbers; if you're doing caliber, you say the whole thing," but that's actually still (partially) wrong. Maybe general rule?

So, for example, when we talk about the .22 Long Rifle cartridge, people will just say "Twenty-Two." .45 ACP is "Forty-Five." .38 Special is "Thirty-Eight Special." This applies to also things like .32 ACP and .25 ACP. However, when talking about .357 Magnum, we'll say "Three Fifty-Seven Magnum" and not "Three Hundred and Fifty Seven Magnum." With .300 Blackout we'll say "Three Hundred Blackout." With a .410 we'll say "Four-Ten." With a .380 ACP we'll say "Three Eighty."

So you may be thinking: okay, if there are two digits, we say it normally; if there are three digits, we single out the first digit and say the rest normally, unless they're all zeros, right? Well, we then have the case of the non-military version of the 5.56 NATO cartridge, which is the .223, which we say "Two Two Three." You also have the case of the non-military version of the 7.62 NATO cartridge, the .308, which we say "Three Oh Eight." Then you also have the case of the .30-06 cartridge, which we say "Thirty Aught Six."

So all the calibers seem to have a general rule with some exceptions. What about metric?

There, it seems a lot more standardized, but certain naming conventions are applied depending on bullet diameter or case length.

So for the 5.56 NATO, we'll say "Five Five Six." However, the 5.56 NATO's full name is the 5.56x45mm NATO. Here, we say "Five Five Six By Forty-Five." With the standard AK round, which is 7.62x39, we say "Seven Six Two By Thirty-Nine." This would be another way to separate it from the 7.62 NATO round, which, we could say "Seven Six Two NEIGH-TOE," or we could say "Seven Six Two By Fifty-One," as the case length is 51mm. The common 9mm Parabellum round is usually just called a "Nine" or a "Nine Millimeter," however its full designation is 9x19mm Parabellum, which you would say as "Nine By Nineteen Parabellum," or simply just "Nine By Nineteen."

There are some other cases, like the Russian 7.62x54mmR round, which is an old full-powered, rimmed (that's what the R is for) cartridge (rimmed but not rimmed fired, a notable difference) still in use today. People will simply call it the "Fifty-Four Rimmed."

There are quite possibly other exceptions, but there's a whole lot of cartridges out there. A general rule is if the round is described in metric, you'll likely say each number of the bullet diameter individually, until you get to the teens that are not in the decimal places, then you'll say "Ten Millimeter" or "Eleven Millimeter" or "Twenty Millimeter". If it's in caliber, you'll likely say it as a whole if it's two digits. If it's three digits, you'll likely say the first digit individually, with the next two together, unless there's a zero after the first digit - and if it's just two zeros, you'll say it from the hundreds place altogether. Something like the .223 ("Two Two Three") is an oddity.

Hope this helps further break your mind!

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
At this point, I think the only way for a culture to maintain itself is to take on an Anal Cunt-like philosophy of being as offensive as possible.

Hard to get normie and corporate attention when you're radioactive.
The TVA Band presents "Simps of the Hate" featuring certified hood classics like:
  • "Proctor is Gay"
  • "Liking Vtubers is Gay"
  • "Your Oshi is a Whore"
  • "You Joined an Offkai Orgy so a Man Would Touch Your Dick"
  • "Even Though Your Company Abuses Women, You Still Suck Riku Takeshi"
  • "I Sent Concentration Camp Footage to Idol's Funniest Clips Contest"
  • "I Beat up Wactor's CEO for Cocaine Money"
  • "Sakana is Fat and Gay"
  • "You Look like a SEAMonkey"
  • "Mozumi Pichi is Stinky"

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Spider lady will be playing, and winning, Elden Ring (1995) once again. This time she'll win for real, honest!

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Eureka

CCHIKO_ Is live playing Resident Evil right now.

Why must I fall asleep right before stream...

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Yuno playing Shin Megami Tensei

Twitch

Lollime playing Dishonored

Fatum Ruptor playing VA-11 Hall-A

Clip tax (don't forget to read the description)

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
He's kind of an asshole. -Mint talking about Sakana.
Somebody clipped it, lol:

NotTheo also clipped Tenma's happy woman tears from the beginning of her stream yesterday directly after the concert:

She did amazing, by the way. They all did.

In my opinion, the show was great. Everyone did amazing, and I was actually surprised how good their 3D models were. They weren't perfect, but there was definitely some good work put into them. And even though Mint didn't have a similar 3D, you could tell she was putting her best into her performance with her chibi. She sounded amazing. Glad she was invited to this.

Along with Mint appearing as a guest, another thing advertised with this was that it was Lia's first performance like this. During the show, Pippa, Tenma, and Uruka had stage-time together, but no Lia. Lia eventually showed up on her own, I assume as a first-reveal for her model, and it was pretty hype to see. Her model looks great, and her performance was amazing. Many people say she was the highlight of the show, and I agree. She mentioned a bit back that she's been putting in a lot of work, and that it's been exhausting, but watching her, you can tell it all paid off.

The rest of the three did amazing too. Considering Tenma is the reason I'm a Phase fan and being one of my favorites, it was a lot of fun watching her. Even though in the clip above, she claims she's not a singer, dancer, or idol, she's really selling herself short because her performance was great. Pippa and Uruka did amazing as well, and Pippa even snuck in a little shit-talking to New York in the middle of a song.
:smugpipi:

My criticisms are pretty much the same as others'. It was pretty short, though I'm not sure how much control Phase had over that. I wish there was more bantering with each other in-between songs/sets. I wish there was an actual group song rather than some of them being background dancers for an individual's song. And my main disappointment is probably that, given the opportunity, I was really hoping for a Lia + Mint duet or something. These two have been friends for a while now, and they work so well together in their collab streams, I was hoping for it, but we didn't get that. A shame.

All that said, I enjoyed it. It may have been a bit pricey for something I could have eventually watched for free, but I don't regret paying the money. As corny as it sounds, we got to watch some great people make their dreams into a reality with this, and I think it was worth supporting them. Happy for these five. Hope we'll get to see more of Phase on stage on the future, and that it won't be the last time seeing these five either.

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

freecompress-827.jpg

I've been playing this for almost a week and finally met Pekora:pekonod::pekonod:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
You niggas weren't kidding. Lia has sick moves and it's hilarious how hard she mogged the others if you compare their performances :Vesper-UNHINGED: Their 3d models are pretty good, they look like their 2d models and don't seem to have weird proportions like some holos do, looking at you marine. They do need a choreographer if they intend to do more of these. Not really bad for a first but they need to stack better singers for the next one.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter

Lottie's fans made another VN for her second birthday. She's playing it and going over other fan content today including her iceberg video.

She also got a cameo from Monster Island Buddies on her birthday stream which was pretty cool.

I've been watching a bit of Lillian, the dragon girl who gained some viewers for her "don't wash your chicken" tweet, lately. I've been liking her so far, her model is top notch and her mannerisms remind me a little bit of Dizzy. Also she is a shortstack dragon maid and the only English speaking member of a small Asian corpo... that seems oddly familiar....
Beryl_LeRou_Portrait.jpg

Apparently all of the art I wanted to post is too big for the website and the links don't work either so have an important message from Gaochan

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Talking about EvilToaster and the dumb thots who enabled him in roughly five minutes.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
in unrelated Hag Supremacy news, Team Cherry could do the funniest thing tomorrow:

Archive (to keep her to her word)

(they won't, but imagine the hag suffering - now THAT'S content)

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
You niggas weren't kidding. Lia has sick moves and it's hilarious how hard she mogged the others if you compare their performances :Vesper-UNHINGED: Their 3d models are pretty good, they look like their 2d models and don't seem to have weird proportions like some holos do, looking at you marine. They do need a choreographer if they intend to do more of these. Not really bad for a first but they need to stack better singers for the next one.
For Pippa's first ever concert, seeing her act like a bit of spaz (affectionate) was fine. I need time to adjust to the idea of Pippa actually performing a proper idol routine. Right now, it just doesn't compute.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
New Sajam Slam announced and Vivi is in. Very surprising since Doki was invited too.

closedblas

VSPO EN's Remia, IdolES's Taiga, globie's Miel, and EIEN's Blaise do a collab

Brave EIEN acquisition confirmed?

Purrson

VSoyBoy

New Sajam Slam announced and Vivi is in. Very surprising since Doki was invited too.

Don't wanna jinx it fellas, but....

This is it, unity is coming! 🌈🌈🌈🌈
If this goes ahead it means someone at Niji has said yes to this or at least didn't care enough to say no, big implications for NijiEN in my eyes.

Migos go at the bottom.

Top Bottom