"This is Phase Connect, we can always get worse"Lia Rinkou

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
In case anyone was wondering how Rooster Teeth's vtuber project was going...

Archive

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Archive

"I've personally never experienced romantic love."
>married for over ten years
>has two kids

If she's saying it in character, that's just really fucking weird. Anyways, eternally confused why she didn't just buy one of the Ruby 3D models made for VRchat back when RT still existed, they look way better than what she's using now.

Ballpark_Look

Archive

Isn't the whole RWBY vtuber project on ice cause of the Roosterteeth shutdown? Last I heard Viz Media acquired the RWBY IP *shudder*.

Stunned But Dumb

Isn't the whole RWBY vtuber project on ice cause of the Roosterteeth shutdown? Last I heard Viz Media acquired the RWBY IP *shudder*.
I remember it being said that Ruby could continue streaming regardless, but as soon as RT shutdown, she disappeared so I guess so. Also was I lied to, because I was told Ruby is canon ace in the show. I don't know, I didn't finish it.

I watched a few of Ruby streams, funny thing the Ace fact comes up a lot, not from the streamer but from chat asking her to reconfirm it. Often. It's like how english speakers will constantly try to get a JP streamer to speak english regardless of how proficient they are if that makes sense.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Here's an archive of Ame's karaoke.

Doki playing God of War

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

Flayon is playing DBFZ!? Wish I knew. His lobby is in chat, I would've hopped in and played if I saw earlier

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I remember it being said that Ruby could continue streaming regardless, but as soon as RT shutdown, she disappeared so I guess so. Also was I lied to, because I was told Ruby is canon ace in the show. I don't know, I didn't finish it.

I watched a few of Ruby streams, funny thing the Ace fact comes up a lot, not from the streamer but from chat asking her to reconfirm it. Often. It's like how english speakers will constantly try to get a JP streamer to speak english regardless of how proficient they are if that makes sense.
I thank the lord that RT died just as vtubing was getting its stride, if vtubers had become popular in 2012 who knows how fucking rotten the industry would be by now.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Miori playing West of Loathing

And her new cover will be released in 3 hours.

Sera Kesera playing Rain Code

God's Strongest Dragoon

I thank the lord that RT died just as vtubing was getting its stride, if vtubers had become popular in 2012 who knows how fucking rotten the industry would be by now.
I feel like a significant portion of vtubing's success (especially Hololive) is that it's an entertainment media that's an escape from all the bullshit drama, which people are eager for thanks to how annoying all that shit was in the early/mid 2010s

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Oni Lisa Eva is live with Peggle (and some singing):

The awawawatism is spreading:

Not gonna lie, the idea of Jelly/Lisa hybrid is very appealing (though Eva's not quite that).

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I feel like a significant portion of vtubing's success (especially Hololive) is that it's an entertainment media that's an escape from all the bullshit drama, which people are eager for thanks to how annoying all that shit was in the early/mid 2010s
VTubing becoming firmly established in Japan before the gaijins caught on is one of its saving graces, because no matter how many insufferable leeches try to Westernise it for Modern Audiences, there will always be Hololive, and there will always be others wanting to follow in the spirit of idol agencies in one way or another.

That doesn't make me detest the Western indie scene any less since it's poisoned with the same obnoxious clout-chasing callout post culture as the rest of the entertainment industry where everyone has to support the Current Thing and talk about trans rights/muh racisms etc., but it's genuinely reassuring that corpo vtubing (and to a lesser but still valid extent, corpo-ajacent vtubing) is there to provide an alternative where a streamer pressed on a controversial issue can simply say "I'm not supposed to talk about that" and get back to doing their thing.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Shiina's playing Fields of Mistria

Me: I wonder what's happening in Shiina's stream:
1723768597182.png

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Today I bring you a 2view I've been watching for a few weeks now.
AledaSama is an artist (hentai) whos really into Monster Hunter (Portable) and spilling alcohol on her keyboards (3 in the last 6 months)

She has a really nice voice and is a total dork.

You have a mysterious way to unearth such interesting dorks, for what I checked she's great and very stupid (affectionate), gonna see more.
Another thing, what the fuck is your pfp now? Didn't peg you for a kaiserboo.

Meredith is on with some clickolding (do not ask me)

Sleepy is playing Dungeon Stalkers tonight

Yumanea, now part of the Freyaguma group, is playing Bloodlines (she is struggling)

Bronze

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Keeki on Japanese TV. Not for being assulted, luckily. She actually got interviewed by the camera crew, but she said she flubbed her Japanese, so I guess she didn't make the cut for the news.

Nodoka + 3/5 Myth have a stream with an announcement on the main channel in three days.

frz

"I've personally never experienced romantic love."
>married for over ten years
>has two kids

If she's saying it in character, that's just really fucking weird. Anyways, eternally confused why she didn't just buy one of the Ruby 3D models made for VRchat back when RT still existed, they look way better than what she's using now.
What's wrong with... staying in character. Her channel name is ruby_yt not lindsay_johne_yt. You won't see Hololive Moona talking about her marriage and kids on stream either.
It would make her 10000 times more of a vtuber than most westoids if she can keep the kayfabe up.

Personally, I think she is just a tech illiterate who actually enjoyed larping as ruby so much she continued streaming after RT forced it onto her. Iirc her normal voice is different from her ruby voice.

If anything. A voice actor who was no longer getting jobs, got voice casted into acting as an anime girl online, using a tech she didnt understand and then made it her identity.... is literally the story of the first vtuber kizuna ai.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Guys I bring you.... torment in these times of pain

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Top Bottom