"Being outside is like a debuff. You get the DOT ticks until you can get home"Ninomae Ina'nis
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Reporting from the Latino zone. Idol ES is going to change how their memberships work because of the constant use of VPNs to get into the highest tier using a more cheap currency (ARS because is always ARS). While this seems a very latino thing to do, I wonder: Has this happened in EN side? I can reckon it did. In fact, I'm seeing Coni memberships and I notice that it has two tiers, so it kind of surprised me to see the ES girl with more than two in their memberships.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I have seen this beyond just idol. I'm pretty sure something similar happened to Chompi and I reckon someone here commented that IRyS also has to deal with the ARS, so she treats red superchat ARS like sub-yellow
Superchats are easy enough to deal with, they show the currency and there is a Streamlabs or Streamelements thing to convert the value into the currency of your choice for anyone who uses alerts.

ARS gift memberships is a thing everywhere, as YouTube doesn't show the value of currency of gift memberships. The only way to tell how the person paid is if they also superchat, or just looking generally at the AdSense account after each month. Any account you see regularly gifting but never superchatting more often than not will be VPNed into some meme currency with preferential regional pricing.

I suppose it's more common with the ES audience, can't imagine why...

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Super Meche playing Panzer Bandit

Tomoe Carmine chatting

Gura doesn't like clothes

Argentinians deserve NOTHING

FUCK THEM
Hey-hey, except Nyaru and our local La+ enjoyer.

Well Nyaru is Peruvian, or are you making a "arr rook same" joke for the TacoX?
My bad.

Last edited:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Superchats are easy enough to deal with, they show the currency and there is a Streamlabs or Streamelements thing to convert the value into the currency of your choice for anyone who uses alerts.

ARS gift memberships is a thing everywhere, as YouTube doesn't show the value of currency of gift memberships. The only way to tell how the person paid is if they also superchat, or just looking generally at the AdSense account after each month. Any account you see regularly gifting but never superchatting more often than not will be VPNed into some meme currency with preferential regional pricing.

I suppose it's more common with the ES audience, can't imagine why...
Yeah but nobody has ever gone as far as changing how their memberships works because of it
Always its up to the vtubers :some straight up ignore it or read it like normal
But jews will be jews

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Hey-hey, except Nyaru and our local La+ enjoyer.
Well Nyaru is Peruvian, or are you making a "arr rook same" joke for the TacoX? I agree that the La+ussy dude is pretty dank

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Void Scribas

Yeah but nobody has ever gone as far as changing how their memberships works because of it
Always its up to the vtubers :some straight up ignore it or read it like normal
Really? I pretty sure this thing has happened before.

Having said that, the change here is that the two first tier of memberships (the more cheap ones) are the ones that will offer rewards and the expensive ones will not have exclusive rewards.

Basically, you will pay for that expensive tiers just because you love your oshi.

So that means they are lowering the prices of getting access to all membership rewards + incentivizing the use of StreamElements to make people donate without using VPN.

Considering what other options could have been taken, I expected sometime more drastic.

Edit: Clearly the main problem of LATAM will always be the money it can offer

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Having said that, the change here is that the two first tier of memberships (the more cheap ones) are the ones that will offer rewards and the expensive ones will not have exclusive rewards.

Basically, you will pay for that expensive tiers just because you love your oshi.

So that means they are lowering the prices of getting access to all membership rewards + incentivizing the use of StreamElements to make people donate without using VPN.

Considering what other options could have been taken, I expected sometime more drastic.

Nop Nobody has ever released an statement like that LOL
Each vtuber that i watch either does this (but without being mandated by their head jew)
Also i am surprised there are still Harcore fans of ES vtubing
@Takodachi was right

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!

Bold strategy, let's see what happens.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Is Dizzy the saddest vtuber out there? I think there's a strong case to be made.

DelusionTree

Lean on me
Early Adopter
Is Dizzy the saddest vtuber out there? I think there's a strong case to be made.

Dizzy and Ember regularly get bullied by Asian parents about not being married and more successful and have joked about just marrying each other if neither has a husband after some agreed upon date.
Might be a chance the marriage pact isn't a joke.

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!

:icanfixher:
And by that, I mean I want to make her worse (affectionate.)

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
You guys have any particular streams that you like enough to watch the vod all the way through multiple times?

I've got a few. The big one is Korone's Jedi Fallen Order marathon which I can enjoy because I know the game well enough to know what's going on even if I can't understand her, and her Star Wars fangirl enthusiasm transcends languages. Pikamee's Henry Stickmin playthrough is my favorite HS stream, her sense of humor meshes perfectly with the game. Then there's Ina's Hollow Knight playththrough for a very comfy time - she was a new player who fell in love with the aesthetics of the game. I've also watched some of Calli's Jump King vods multiple times - there's something hypnotic about them. Speaking of Jump King, Bae's first JK stream had such a hilarious descent to madness arc that I've always meant to watch it again though I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Salado

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

Salado

Void Scribas