"Cariope is haff ass!"Oozora Subaru
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Lumi: We have a bunch of bans on our candies and stuff [in America]. Because they have, like, different food dyes and that kind of thing. I feel like we're weirdly limited on candy. We're not allowed to have good shit.
Jelly: Then why are you guys all still so fat?

Faceless Waifu

Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

VSoyBoy

Lumi: We have a bunch of bans on our candies and stuff [in America]. Because they have, like, different food dyes and that kind of thing. I feel like we're weirdly limited on candy. We're not allowed to have good shit.
Doesn't she have it completely the wrong way around? The only thing I know of that's banned in the US but allowed in the EU is the original Kinder Surprise, and that's only because Americans are retarded.

Actually the first Article I found on the matter:
Many Americans might be surprised to discover that there’s a long list of foods banned in Europe. This is because the US has more lenient food ingredient regulations, potentially exposing consumers to carcinogens and harmful chemicals.

I actually tried finding some articles to the contrary but google just spat out ones for stuff allowed in the US but banned elsewhere again. Then I tried asking ChatGPT and even it got confused and started giving examples of stuff not banned in the US.
Several food additives are banned in the United States but permitted in other countries. Here are some notable examples:

1. Potassium Bromate:
    • Use: A dough conditioner used in bread and baked goods.
    • Banned in the US: Yes, due to concerns it may be a carcinogen.
    • Allowed in: Japan, Canada, and several other countries, though some have restrictions on its use.
  2. BVO (Brominated Vegetable Oil):
    • Use: An emulsifier in citrus-flavored soft drinks.
    • Banned in the US: Yes, because it can build up in fatty tissues and has been linked to neurological issues.
    • Allowed in: Japan and Canada, though some countries have strict limits on its use.
  3. Ractopamine:
    • Use: A feed additive used to promote leanness in pigs, cattle, and turkeys.
    • Banned in the US: No, but it is controversial.
    • Allowed in: The US and several other countries, but banned in the European Union, China, and Russia.
  4. Azodicarbonamide:
    • Use: A flour-bleaching agent and dough conditioner.
    • Banned in the US: Yes, due to links to respiratory issues and carcinogenic potential.
    • Allowed in: Canada, Brazil, and other countries under certain conditions.
  5. Chlorine-washed Chicken:
    • Use: Chlorine solutions used to disinfect chicken carcasses.
    • Banned in the US: No, it's commonly used.
    • Allowed in: The US, but banned in the European Union due to concerns over its impact on food safety and public health.
  6. Colors like E110 (Sunset Yellow), E104 (Quinoline Yellow), and E129 (Allura Red):
    • Use: Synthetic dyes used to color foods and beverages.
    • Banned in the US: No, but some are restricted.
    • Allowed in: European countries with some warnings or restrictions. The EU requires warning labels on foods containing these dyes.
The regulatory approach to food additives varies significantly from country to country, with some additives being deemed safe in one place and not in another.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Never heard of her, but apparently this vtuber has a huge brain tumor.

Make sure to wish her luck. Today's (Thursday) the day that she goes in for surgery.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Some music search tells me didn't get posted
Chloe and Kanata covered Rabbit Hole

And Watame's new original

Choco cover

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Number 5 will shock you
Decided to look into number five.

Why is it used in the US?

To help manage pathogens like salmonella and campylobacter and protect consumers from infections.

According to a report from the Adam Smith Institute (which argues in favour of allowing PRTs), “immersing poultry meat in chlorine dioxide solution of the strength used in the United States reduces prevalence of salmonella from 14% in controls to 2%. EU chicken samples typically have 15-20% salmonella.”

So is it safe?

US regulators are unequivocal: yes, it’s safe. The USDA has approved several antimicrobial rinses for use in poultry processing, including chlorine dioxide, acidified sodium chlorite, trisodium phosphate and peroxyacids, and meat treated with such rinses is considered safe for consumers to eat.

And, in fact, their EU colleagues agree. The European food safety regulator EFSA looked at the issue of chlorine treatment and found “chemical substances in poultry are unlikely to pose an immediate or acute health risk for consumers.”

What’s more, the US National Chicken Council estimates that only 10% of the processing plants in the US actually use chlorine washes.

Postal rrat

chinshilla

Salado

Bronze

Ah yes, my favorite CGDCT topic: Convolutional Neural Networks

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
SorAZ cover song premiere at 7PM JST.

Lain Paterson back to Blue Archive at 5PM JST.

Last time she did the Vol F marathon and cried a lot. Now it's Volume 4 Part 2 so it's more lighthearted.
She sneezed shortly after ranting at Kaya's coup attempt.

Shioriha Ruri reading the room at 7PM JST.

Ririka's HoloIndie thumbnail is interesting.

I have been watching too much JP stuff so I also read from top right bottom right and saw that ERO.

The two VSpo newbies collabing on Valorant.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Not sure if I can trust IRyS with a gun :BijouBijou:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter

UberSoldat

Nako with some Skyrim

Jorunna with some .hack//Mutation

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
New twitter art thing is taking off

I'm ashamed to admit this one made me laugh

Anyways, here's fishman making fun of Filian

Biggest takeaway is that Filian is planning to stream on ChinkTube and Sakana tells her she shouldn't because she'll get v& by the CCP in an instant
1718273761621.png

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Pioneer

Top Bottom