"You guys called me a 'scaly' so I'm gonna make fun of you guys too; Because I said that I would smash the pokemon that we're riding on right now. I don't trust any man who likes Gardevoir, because I know they wanna smash Gardevoir... I know this, this is a fact... it's a MEME!"Amanogawa Shiina

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
How long was it last time from initial market penetration to chinkout? A bit over a year?
If Matsuri was supposed to be the first one, followed by Kobo, it's only logical to assume there will be someone from EN in the near future
I have an idea as to who'd be the logical pick...

@The Rrat, I suggest acquiring alcohol. Strong one.

niggaphil

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Hopefully she's fine, the China hate is big in Indonesia, there will be some flame from her market I'm guessing.
it's a bit of an exaggeration, to be honest. Yes the chinese hate is still there, but that's mostly the left-over from ID's "New Order" thing which ended with a pretty big chinese exodus in 1998 after some cops shot protesting students and caused everyone to go apeshit and targetting everyone they consider as government shill or chinese (who reap the riches from the rest, so they're to blame)

Nowadays though, the hate are generally subdued and and there's plenty of chinese brands or stuff going around here (Mixue ice cream is quite popular), and the remaining chinese in the area are those that already considered 'native' (Chinese-Indons). The hate are either those that know about the uighur camps, or in the case of vtuber-related stuff, the ones involved in the whole Coco graduating due to taiwan yab thing.
:monkeypaw:
It's a new corpo name but it's really Nijisanji ID. They hired her so they can fire her again!
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
Like hell they gonna waste any more money to revive something that's truly dead in the market.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
@The Rrat, I suggest acquiring alcohol. Strong one.
Trust me, I am bracing myself for more bullshit. I am very much not happy about this, considering my oshi is one of the more likely ones to show up on the chinksite.

frz

I wanted to be :optimistic: about this since it's been years since the Coco incident and they must've come up with a better strategy to protect their talent from a potential harassment campaign, and seeing how hopeful Kobo is about the whole deal.
Can't be too optimistic though, but all in all I can only pray we won't be seeing a 2nd chinkmageddon soon.
- to be :optimistic: youtube moderation tool is a lot better nowadays
- To be real though most nijisanji livers had to do member only stream after the black stream so and one of the reasons why Lap+ moved to twitch from youtube is the anti so you know Hololive moderation team isn't stellar.
- to be
:optimistic:
Vox and niji didn't have a yab in bilibili these last two years. People are less terminally online in China after covid. Don't remember any kaigai streamers really running into issues streaming in bilibili after holo left.
- To be real though Chinese government could pull a China and run a hate campaign against Indonesia. The chances are low however since they usually target Vietnam or Phillipines for maritime border disputes.
- to be
:optimistic:
waning notoriety will open more chances for sponsorship. China definitely have that bag with genshit and the likes, they also love using e-celeb for voice acting/collabs.
- To be real though there's the face doxxing shit with 500k+ sub channels. Don't know how they will navigate around that.

Edit: how bad is compression on bilibili. Honestly youtube compression is getting shittier and shittier. That HoloX performance on Lui's recent live was destroyed by youtube :PomuAngry:

Last edited:

Negzana

All pieces are moving towards the final yab

Limkin

- To be real though there's the doxxing shit with 500k+ sub channels. Don't know how they will navigate around that.
The same way everything is done in China, establish a fake company operating it with fake people employed, bribe an official to look the other way during audits, and rotate them accordingly when they will eventually be replaced due to taking too much bribes (the next one will usually take more than before). They will sink more money than they would possibly make into it

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I geniuenly cant see chinks being that much more vindictive than the current crop of antis that had been building up over the years, imo the chinks were notable because schizos were still in their infancy
All pieces are moving towards the final yab
>cyberlive drama resurfaces
>holo returns to china

Oh yeah
Its go time

RiverBear

Welp I guess it's time to jump ship and start watching 2 views again, I'm not going to wait and see my oshis getting harassed for years again and dealing with the bug men is fucking annoying.
Huh. So the Matsuri stream from earlier this year was supposed to be real too?

closedblas

- To be real though there's the face doxxing shit with 500k+ sub channels. Don't know how they will navigate around that.
It's a face cam id verification on the phone prior to starting stream.
And IIRC partnered streamers don't need to do it.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Just curious, outside of Nijisanji, do any other vtuber agencies stream in Bili?
Phase? Idol? Vshojo? Vspo? Neo-Porte? Kawaii?
Or even famous indies?

niggaphil

Just curious, outside of Nijisanji, do any other vtuber agencies stream in Bili?
Or even famous indies?
Pretty sure Phase connect do not stream in bili bili. I guess fishman knew the danger of dealing with chinks, so he never explore the chink market at all.

Bronze

Or even famous indies?
I can only confirm Phase and Idol don't. Vshojo and Kawaii is also unlikely. I don't think any EN based agency does tbh. But it seems Bao did once, so maybe some indies do?

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
To be real though Chinese government could pull a China and run a hate campaign against Indonesia
It wouldn't work, small chance as it is. Even now their relationship is more or less "friendly" enough and both has traded shit over the years. Running hate campaign over something silly as "This blue little shit is in bilibili!" is just absurd.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Well? Is it?

:shiinastare:

Maybe....
Cover is a public company now, investors were porbably shitting and crying begging the higher ups to return to the chinese cancer.
Not probably, there was a asshole asking them why they dont return to that market now that the ((((problematic)))) element was gone, they were also bitching because they wanted to reuse "discarded IPs" aka they wanted to weasel a way for someone else to pilot graduated talents models, yagoo shot down both of those

Still, why now? and Kobo of all people

niggaphil

I can only confirm Phase and Idol don't. Vshojo and Kawaii is also unlikely. I don't think any EN based agency does tbh. But it seems Bao did once, so maybe some indies do?
Last time Bao tried to whore herself to the Vietnamese community, but it backfires badly (she applied chick culture into vietnamese culture, which is a big fucking red flag). Most of the Vietnamese viewers are anti-Bao nowadays

RiverBear

Still, why now? and Kobo of all people
RRAT TIME
Kobo wants to graduate but doesn't want it to be amicable, so she's going out with the largest bang possible so she can blame it all on Cover and all her loyal supporters follow her to her real channel.

She's pushing hard on China and Bilibili hoping all shit breaks lose so she can cash in fast

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Kobo wants to graduate but doesn't want it to be amicable
Most subbed ID Vtuber that get the fat stacks and is on every SEA convention? lol no, they choose Kobo because she is popular and she is on a guinea pig branch, there is a reason they are called like that

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Wasnt Kobo already pretty liked by chinks?
Could be that they already saw the potential buzz of just using her as the hook and only precense in Bili while getting the current crop of chink fans to just to what they've been doing to watch talent

Or who knows, either way this will be interesting

RiverBear

Or who knows, either way this will be interesting
This is how I am looking at this too.

I love the Hologirls but if this backfires heavily on Cover, this is all their fault and I want no part in any defense brigade they put up after this.
I'm here to see shit go down even if my oshi is included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom