"Yuko, you are not losing our virginity to a slug!"Fuyo Cloverfield
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
With our demographics, I can't believe no one mentioned how Mumei referenced vore and inflation within 2 minutes of each other. (1:09:28 and 1:10:58)

Salado

PLEASE RISE FOR THE TVA NATIONAL ANTHEM
sung by famous lewdtuber and fucker of FIVE GUYS, Marimari UNDERSCORE EN (the underscore is silent)

Beautiful.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
PLEASE RISE FOR THE TVA NATIONAL ANTHEM
sung by famous lewdtuber and fucker of FIVE GUYS, Marimari UNDERSCORE EN (the underscore is silent)

Umm... are these the kinds of things YOU do while on the asylum? I have to question your methods but... carry on I guess.

Tubedude

Lol fagbit thinks that because vshojo poached a bunch of Nijis it's suddenly totally different... no? to me it has not changed at all since 2020, it's just a glorified clique that feeds on the popularity of its individual constituents to stay relevant. To me it's much closer to Mythic than HoloNiji and has always been (that's why I never liked the "big 3" nonsense).

Edit: Honestly thinking about it the pathetic part of this is that people don't like vshojo more because they suddenly became a better agency, they like it more because their favorite ex-Niji got revived there, he brings up 4 points but kinda glosses over 3 of them when explaining how the agency "redeemed themselves", I really don't think these things changed as much as people just learned to tolerate them or ignore them. The voices of dissent are also much weaker now because of the brownie points they got "Saving" the Nijis and because next to Niji everything looks good (this affected everyone in the industry including Holo, phase and idol), Vshojo didn't change, people's perception of them did.
I mean the big reason why people hated Vshojo was because of the talents in it, the company as an entity itself doesn't seem to have anything all that good or bad; really only the poaching and nepo-hiring were the company. Everything else negative was connected to talents. So when two talents carrying the lion's share of the negative baggage leave and multiple talents people actually like join, opinions would change.

For NijiEN, you could get rid of all the current talent and get complete fresh faces and still have people hate it because they hate the actions that have been attributed to the company.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Jelly is live, continuing Baba tonight :pomuLove:

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean the big reason why people hated Vshojo was because of the talents in it, the company as an entity itself doesn't seem to have anything all that good or bad; really only the poaching and nepo-hiring were the company. Everything else negative was connected to talents. So when two talents carrying the lion's share of the negative baggage leave and multiple talents people actually like join, opinions would change.

For NijiEN, you could get rid of all the current talent and get complete fresh faces and still have people hate it because they hate the actions that have been attributed to the company.
I have never particularly hated vshojo, before or after they shed the people everyone seems to dislike. I don't like it either don't get me wrong, it as a part of the industry is essentially the polar opposite to what I enjoy about vtubing, and it's influence on indies is less than ideal imo.

What I actually dislike is the people who hail them as some kind of god's gift to the industry because they have little to no management, are western or because they hired your oshi because she was already massively popular. Apart from that I really don't care? Their model isn't really competitive or replicable so they aren't worth paying much attention to either when talking about the industry. Adding or removing people isn't gonna change my opinion is all I'm saying, hating an entire group for 1 person is silly anyways.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
E: Is this woman wasting money?
240605-010643.png

Why is 2.0 another entire design. And better, her jaw isn't 21:9 and the eyesockets are well sized so it doesn't give the uncanny feeling.
2.0 is the same design by her dream artist. 1.5 artist didn't finish the job.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
E: Is this woman wasting money?
240605-010643.png
Why do women buy 300 pair of shoes?

What I actually dislike is the people who hail them as some kind of god's gift to the industry because they have little to no management, are western or because they hired your oshi because she was already massively popular. Apart from that I really don't care? Their model isn't really competitive or replicable so they aren't worth paying much attention to either when talking about the industry. Adding or removing people isn't gonna change my opinion is all I'm saying, hating an entire group for 1 person is silly anyways.
We know nothing of how Vshojo operates. Sure, back before Kson joined we got some hints but now we know nothing. The seem to be operating closer to a fucking corpo now than they were before so I assume there is actually a pay cut in the contract. Atleast for the newer members. People keep pushing the whole 100 - 0 and Talent Freedom meme but I have a feeling that things just dont operate like that anymore (which is my theory of why the other 3 girls left).

Edit: Forgot to post earlier today but self shill moment.

VSoyBoy

RiverBear

Bronze

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
She was Serafi from V&U, got screwed over by them at the New Year but was overshadowed by other things. I liked her a little, but she always seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder. She tried to be the type that bullies and is bullied by chat, but chat got to her a bit too easily sometimes, it made some streams awkward. Also apparently thought all math from algebra on was fake and stupid and wasn't needed, can't remember specifics but i remember her trying to say the negative numbers made no sense.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Also apparently thought all math from algebra on was fake and stupid and wasn't needed, can't remember specifics but i remember her trying to say the negative numbers made no sense.
Mental disabilities and learning difficulties are typical in vtubers, particularly females.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu singing in her usual Wednesday timeslot at 7PM JST.
Edit: Youtube issue, stream is privated and she is trying vertical to see whether it works or not.

She will also counting down to her fourth anniversary at 11.45PM JST and will have an announcement as well. She started as independent before joining Re:AcT.

She also stalks her fans. One of them posted on X about upgrading YT membership on her channel after getting a job offer and Suu congratulates the person about the job offer. The person was shocked to receive the reply since the initial post wasn't tagged at all.

For now, 774inc's Hebiyoi Tier with Shin Megami Tensei 3.

Miko gathering most of gen 0 as well as Fubuki and Subaru for a collab at 9PM JST.

After the collab with the staff member Nodoka, AZKi considers aiming higher.

Even the Japanese thinks Japanese is hard.

During Blue Archive streams some of them need to consult with chat on some kanji for example.

Last edited:

Limkin

Also apparently thought all math from algebra on was fake and stupid and wasn't needed, can't remember specifics but i remember her trying to say the negative numbers made no sense.
- You do know that you owe us money right? You have to pay company a cut
- No, I don't. Your negative numbers on my paycheck mean nothing to me, you are just making this shit up to take away my money!

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
"Inbreeding. It's really cool."

- Matara Kan, 2024

Matara is somewhat missrepresenting what actually happens in inbred populations, however. While genetic purging (Link) reduces the susceptibility of a given population to the negative effects of inbreeding, it strictly affects the population through natural selection (individuals with too many negative genetic traits don't reproduce). It does not, however, confer any kind of resistance to the negative effects of inbreeding to the individual. It's just dicerolls and statistics.
She is talking about about CK3.
Shush. It's funnier without context.

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

Matara is back in Japan

and she's taken Mint with her, who is already looking forward to being an idolfag for the next few weeks.

Meanwhile Kuro has a Birthday merch collection out. Acrylic diorama and eboy facemask, pretty normal stuff. But then he also has some jewellery that would fit a lot better with Mikeneko...

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Matara is back in Japan

and she's taken Mint with her, who is already looking forward to being an idolfag for the next few weeks.

You know what could be a great stream idea? A JP language lesson stream. But just the two of them would be kind of awkward, so maybe they should invite Doki too. Now, if only they knew another EN VTuber who speaks fluent Japanese. :dokiSmug:

That would be such a great collab, it would be a shame if someone had to eat their acrylic stands because of it.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
"Inbreeding. It's really cool."

- Matara Kan, 2024

Matara is somewhat missrepresenting what actually happens in inbred populations, however. While genetic purging (Link) reduces the susceptibility of a given population to the negative effects of inbreeding, it strictly affects the population through natural selection (individuals with too many negative genetic traits don't reproduce). It does not, however, confer any kind of resistance to the negative effects of inbreeding to the individual. It's just dicerolls and statistics.

She is talking about about CK3. Where if you inbreed there is a chance to get a trait called Pureblooded, if both parents have the pureblooded trait there is 0% chance for negative traits due to inbreeding in their kids. This allows you to marry brother to sister without consequence. Here is a longer clip.

Kinda waste of time though, in CK2 inbreeding was the fastest way to get high stats characters but in ck3 it just doesn't have the same pay off.

Top Bottom