"Everyone is my diaper now!"Shisui Michiru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
This is a good system imo, talent gets to waste all the money they want on MV's while having the company cushion the impact a little.
Some people will probably scoff and go "THEY SHOULD PAY FOR IT!!!!" but you must remember that the company DOES pay for projects, to a certain extent... if you want to essentially burn a zillion yen on a music video (which will not return that money btw) then you can pay for it yourself.

Meh, I feel like the industry is slowly fragmenting into the mostly indie, western, regular streamer, twitch-loving side and the japanese, corpo, idol/kayfabe, youtube-loving side. We can probably just cling onto japanese corporate autism and let the westoid normies destroy themselves. There is one walled garden that will last longer than all others and as long as that is a thing then I can just ignore whatever horrid shit and pozzing the rest of the industry is going through.
I think Niji's approach is the best: Let the talent shoulder all the expenses while you get 50% of their hard earned money then giving them 2% of the merch sales. Then you gaslight them into thinking this is the industry standard and have the low waged managers fuck around the talents so they would lose more motivation while you sit inside your yacht masturbating to that glorious, glorious room full of silver playbuttons.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
During her 10k celebration stream, S.S. Isa privated one of her shorts with 550k+ views because she "doesn't want to be the piss vtuber" and declared it to be lost media. To be honest it probably should have stayed lost.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
This is a good system imo, talent gets to waste all the money they want on MV's while having the company cushion the impact a little.
Some people will probably scoff and go "THEY SHOULD PAY FOR IT!!!!" but you must remember that the company DOES pay for projects, to a certain extent... if you want to essentially burn a zillion yen on a music video (which will not return that money btw) then you can pay for it yourself.
I know of this company which uses this superbly clever lottery system for handing out new models, here's how it w...

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
During her 10k celebration stream, S.S. Isa privated her one of her shorts with 550k+ views because she "doesn't want to be the piss vtuber" and declared it to be lost media. To be honest it probably should have stayed lost.

She'd be one of like 50 pisstubers at this point

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Hexa is doing something for April fools. I'm not really sure what though. Maybe a model swap?

thorazine

Not quite Summer. Minecraft 1.0 was released in November.
There's also classic and beta Minecraft. That was my first exposure to Minecraft, seeing some kid in the library playing it in their browser. Probably around 2010. Good times...

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Busy night tonight. Reminder that it's Victim-of-Asian-Parenting Bear's birthday.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Hexa is doing something for April fools. I'm not really sure what though. Maybe a model swap?

The only way to make the stupid bitch stream consistently.

Bloom got married and will bond with his stepson with some Doom

Takako is doing a genderbend stream as well, but she's a super otaku with a heavy taste for the "tsundere getting owned" archetype, it will probably be interesting to see her fighting to not break character

Horo7618

No one in particular
Doki's new into uses some suspiciously familiar music.....
Screenshot-2024-04-01-at-8-04-35-PM.png

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter

nice little clip about JP mems gladly spending money for projects

And then there is Calli who does both: Universal music sets a budget that gets spend on MVs and music production were Calli would like to focus on one or 2 MVs so they can be good, and not make 6 that are rather shit.

But she also recently talked about a project that is by far the most expensive thing any holomem has ever done and we will understand why when it comes out.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Doki's intro is back boys! We're eating good again!!!

God's Strongest Dragoon

But she also recently talked about a project that is by far the most expensive thing any holomem has ever done and we will understand why when it comes out.
The only thing I can think of is like an anime episode or something.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I guess the podcast isn't what they are talking about

Yeah, Mika.

So, listening to the MinTara Patreon podcast,
it seems like it had been in the works since maybe mid-to-late January or early February. She mentioned having to take days off streaming to work on it. Found these possible related tweets:

I am thinking it started more around the last tweet's date. Pomu hadn't graduated before the first one and the second was pretty close to after.

Pomu also stayed at Giri's place while in Japan. The episode itself was recorded sometime after Matara got food poisoning, but before Mint left Japan and got sick from Keeki, as she said she was still in Japan and obviously was not yet sick.

They also lamented that they didn't call the podcast the "Hagcast".
:hololove:

Matara also asked her chat at somepoint before she pitched the idea to Mint of a limited time podcast, so if anyone regularly watches her and it was after that, we would have a better idea of the timeline.

kanpainiggi

Chloe picked up the phone and it wasn't the based department
:yagoocry:

Salado

Limkin

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

braindoko

A quick recap of today's prank streams
Giita (/vt/ musician, maker of bangers like Tazumi-san) debuts as Giita-chan

Monoh (Unity game dev) spent some time as a flan

Skye became a blob for karaoke

Meica05 got rid of the Meica part and is just 05 now

Eureka was just default L2D cat but she kept the character up for the whole stream

Eri did something I don't think any Vtuber has ever done

just saw this, that's ballsy. For those who missed it that monkey was her previous persona with a company that went into NFT shit, she collabed with Pippa and she made jokes about that.
Woman can sing but she debuted as Eri, dropped 1 (one) good cover then went back to being a vtweeter for months leaving bad takes on every single vtuber drama. Unsubbed and won't be looking back

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Top Bottom