"You ever just see a guy walking around town that looks like he loves communism?"Marimari

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Yeah it's called Ame's house. :gloomiLaugh:
wonder if it's a full on studio space so EN can record 3D, or if it's for shipping merch.
edit:
1710217208140.jpg
It's still not entirely clear how this will change things going forward, but if they staff it with native English speakers that should help minimise some of the Japanese corporate autism-related problems.

thank you mana-san for the update
:GuraYippieConfetti:

This promo video counts on her stream quota, better take another month off.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Important cover news:

archive

There's also a slightly more detailed Investor Relations release.

The relevant parts of the doc:

Doesn't say anything really about management or a studio or distribution, so I presume mostly to engage with American sponsors for now.

One caveat for me, if they do start managing talent out of a California office that opens them up to some of the bigger labor law issues that came up in the whole Niji contracts fiasco. I guess we'll see where things go.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Clara is, once more, being Clara in about 15 minutes from now, and everyone should be afraid of the prospect:

DanishCookies

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter

thank you mana-san for the update
:GuraYippieConfetti:

Gura: I love me a good beach
We know, we all watched the Marine MV. I can see how much you love certain 'beaches'
:gurabooba:
Important cover news:

archive

wonder if it's a full on studio space so EN can record 3D, or if it's for shipping merch.
edit:
1710217208140.jpg
God, it's retard again. I know we haven't talked in a while, but please, for all that is righteous in this world, let this be some sort of distribution center to lower the absolutely bonkers shipping prices of merch. I love my oshis but I'd like to not feel bad buying some of the other girls' stuff too.
:magnicope:

USS IOWA

Cover must have a lot of reserve cash to buy property on Los Angeles of all places.
Edit: Unreconcilable yab, They misprinted.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
When I saw she was eating Starbucks snackies I sighed because I knew people were going to be pills about it. How irritating.
Why is she bending the knee to mentally ill individuals though? Her apology sounded like she was done with everything. I wonder if it was management that made her do it.

Assuming the original link was about DN he went on a pimp-ish tangent and advising his viewers into not letting Pinoy girls guilt trip Westerners into giving them lots of money. Also bring your own condoms.

Previous stream he privated due to a brainfart moment where he talked about the mainland Chinese policy to have VTubers IRL identities be registered into the government database. Some publicly available RL images were shown on stream briefly and that was when he decided it was a bad idea.

I said this in the Liveposting thread and I’m gonna say it again:
I dont get it. Why would Youtube care about him saying that you could get a girl to suck your dick for $20? I would assume that maybe directly telling people what street and what place could get them to flag the content as adult but he didnt really go into much detail. Retard should stop kneecapping himself and deleting every single video because he thinks he says something "controversial".

I don't care enough to confirm, but supposedly Fulgur is sucking muslim cock too and privating vods where he played a tranny jew game:
Pathetic

Trailer drop

Hopefully not from a toilet this time.
Why the fuck are 6 or 7 different things happening on the same day as HOLOFES. Are these people dumb?

Scarle should start her next stream with a star of David intro screen
I say she does a McDonalds burger tasting stream

So a Japanese female?
Pretty sure the female-looking one is Altare.

Doesn't say anything really about management or a studio or distribution, so I presume mostly to engage with American sponsors for now.

One caveat for me, if they do start managing talent out of a California office that opens them up to some of the bigger labor law issues that came up in the whole Niji contracts fiasco. I guess we'll see where things go.
Im guessing this is why Suisei, Yagoo and A-chan had that one trip a few months ago to LA. Pretty sure they had mentioned it was a business trip. Why the fuck LA out of all places? Expecting the place to get raided and cleaned up by the hordes of homeless and melinated individuals that keep popping up on cellphone videos inyecting some of their diversity into the local chain stores.

Cover must have a lot of reserve cash to buy property on Los Angeles of all places.
Edit: Unreconcilable yab, They misprinted.

Time to shut Cover down. they fucked up. How will they ever bounce back from this one?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
When I saw she was eating Starbucks snackies I sighed because I knew people were going to be pills about it. How irritating.
You know it really sucks too. I think it's one thing for us to muse and meme about how shit a certain groups fanbase is. It's an entirely different thing though when during a time of controversy where their favored group has been coming under a massive amount of hate and scrutiny, to act like this and prove all of our rrating and meming correct. I feel bad for Scarle, but at the same time I can't help but feel this was exactly the kind of audience early NijiEN courted.
Important cover news:

archive

edit:
1710217208140.jpg
It is straight fucking COMICAL at this point to compare how Hololive and AnyColor have been doing the last 6 or so months. I know that 2022 was a reverse of what we have now, but I don't think the stakes were any near as bad then as they are now.
:sinktheyacht:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Important cover news:

archive

Without reading anything about this, I'm just going to assume it's so the girls can have an excuse to come over to America for our hamburgers whenever they feel like it.

:gurasemperfi:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Globoholo

give it a few years, and if COVER makes enough money to attract the DEI-minded, the resulting Globohomo vs Globoholo civil war could be an absolute shitshow (and at least half a year's worth of entertainment)

in other news, Lumi sleeps at a respectable time after being infected by the hags:

another win for HAG SUPREMACY

okmangeez

To those wondering about why California... I understand your sentiments, as I'm Californian myself.

But it just makes sense logistically and financially:

-California is home to Silicon Valley and Hollywood. Regarding tech and entertainment, there is no better place to go within the US. This will also let them hire from among the best of the best (staff), as Hololive is technically both an entertainment company and a tech company.
-California is home to the biggest shipping port in the US, LA. Logistically speaking, if they want to curtail shipping costs, it would make sense to set up shop in LA (presumably where they're establishing a base).
-Distance-wise, California is the closest state to Japan other than Alaska or Hawaii
-California is home to some of the largest metro areas/cities in the US (LA, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Fresno, etc.)
-California probably has the largest concentration of weebs/vtubers in the US
-It's not too far from British Colombia, which is where are lot of Canadian vtubers are located
-Most populous US state
-Close to Mexico if they ever attempt a Spanish branch (and California has plenty of Spanish speakers)

We can only hope they vet their staff properly, but I have faith in Hololive (due to its track record).

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Lae-dee covered and animated Airi's favorite song

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

This guy is a JP journalist who attended the media briefing. His thread about the Q&A is pretty informative.

I also came across this and put it through mtl:
new system.PNG

The unreadable line between Cover Co and Cover USA says "COVER USA is under the direct control of the Overseas Business Management Office for quick decision-making"

So basically they plan on running content activities from Japan while running events, merch, and local promotions (eg. sponsors I guess) from Cover USA. For now anyway. There's also a slide where it says starting in July 2024.

Militante

Far-off shot, and very unlikely, but it'd be hilarious if Sayu applies as Cover staff, and gets a position on overseas PR management. Strong doubt this would happen, but I think it'd be very funny.

Edit: Actually more doable than I thought; she lives in California, has a resume padded by experience at Apple and Google, and has firsthand experience with Japanese corpo autism. As a vtuber herself, she'd be equipped with industry knowledge and a general idea of what fans like. And she can speak both English and Japanese.

No signs of her moving on from being an indie, but she's got that option now.

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

Weird timing, I just had a shower thought about how to solve one of the EN talent's biggest issues being getting game perms. I doubt this is possible, but I was trying to think of ways to put HoloEN under some sort of US-based company or branch (that somehow still answered to the JP mothership) so they can be covered under American fair use/copyright/whatever so at least the EN talents can stream more freely linked the indies do (Helldivers 2 please?). This would go a long way to retaining talent imo; the $$ part seems fine as far as I know but "talent freedom" will always be an issue.

Again very unlikely since this seems to be advertising and merch logistics stuff, but back to this announcement was interesting.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Kalion

:)

Cute noises maker and slightly unhinged orange woman Mikan is getting a chibi 3D model.

ペンネーム

Coco fucking nailed this prediction. It's V

For VICTORY

Top Bottom