"Eating Mike Tyson's ass~ NOOOOOO!"Inugami Korone

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

niggaphil

One time Kiara got one guy'd by some random German commenter who thought she wasn't a native German speaker and told her that her accent sounded great but her "in German we say auf wiedersehen" was cringe.

Because she is an actual AUSTRALIAN, thats why she has funny accents :dokiSmug:

(I know, this is an old joke)

FL Cascadia

Bronze

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I'm still alive, just doing lots of overtime the past week or so, so touching lots of grass.
Reading the whole Nolan saga thread again for entertainment value.
Towa recently got to have a meal with Coco/Kson this week. As Towa was the person who cried the hardest at graduation, this was truly a heart-warming moment.

In memory of NC:
:crushracist::crushautistic::mikothumbsl::mikothumbsl::mikothumbsl:x30:irysthumbsupl:
Clip of that part:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Kinda taking this as a jumping off point. What do people think about ESL or Bi-Linugual VTubers using their mother tongue often?

I can see it being something that sets you apart in a crowded field, expanding on your possible audience and building a connection with your place of origin. But I myself kinda subscribe to the way people like Saruei and especially Shylily see it, essentially refusing to speak anything but English most of the time. I feel like you can very easily put yourself into a sort of "gimmick" or "catchphrase comedy" niche when you get known for being the streamer that speaks funny French or German. Then again it kinda works for Kiara.
I'd say it can work out but you really need to retrain the way you speak and interact with your stream to take advantage of the bilingual thing. I think Henya does a better job of it than Kson, for example, where she chatters non-stop in both languages repeating herself and explaining things for both audiences. Whereas doing one stream dedicated to one audience and the next the other splits your viewership too much and messes with discoverability.
Of course just picking one language (invariably English) is missing out even if it is less effort. People have talked about the mythical "European" audience but it doesn't really exist in the way most imagine it, it's more like the "English speaking" audience who'll show up for American timeslots no problem and a bunch of other language slots that just happen to be geographically nearby but aren't actually overlapping viewers. I'd be interested to see how streamers like Kiara or Shylily might perform if they really put effort into being bilingual the way Henya does.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I wonder if that guy with glasses and beard is Randon. Also why Axel looks like Japanese female without tits?

I don't really know what he looks like myself, but I saw someone else comment it was Bettel 2/Bettel's brother and that was kind of my presumption as well, since it doesn't match with my headcanon that Randon's also some degree of asian because the way he enunciates S sounds reminds me of every single vietnamese guy I knew growing up.

Axel is a pretty man, is why.

e:

1710207857858.png

The tea leaves are spicy tonight. I can't believe Scarle is going to suplex Vox off the turnbuckle into thumbtacks!

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I'd say it can work out but you really need to retrain the way you speak and interact with your stream to take advantage of the bilingual thing. I think Henya does a better job of it than Kson, for example, where she chatters non-stop in both languages repeating herself and explaining things for both audiences. Whereas doing one stream dedicated to one audience and the next the other splits your viewership too much and messes with discoverability.
Of course just picking one language (invariably English) is missing out even if it is less effort. People have talked about the mythical "European" audience but it doesn't really exist in the way most imagine it, it's more like the "English speaking" audience who'll show up for American timeslots no problem and a bunch of other language slots that just happen to be geographically nearby but aren't actually overlapping viewers. I'd be interested to see how streamers like Kiara or Shylily might perform if they really put effort into being bilingual the way Henya does.
This is why everyone is ESL. European audience is very real and use english, just like everyone else. It's american spanish/portuguse audience is mythical, as well as SEA. There's not enough money in the market to bother speaking these languages. Guess what all successful ID and flip vtubers do?

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Clip of that part:

This made my night. Towa was so nervous and excited about meeting Coco that she didn't know what to say and was an anxious mess at first. But she wanted to show Coco that she's gotten stronger over the 3 years since they last met and immediately hugged her. They also plan to stay in frequent contact with each other from now on.

Very fitting that the BGM for most of the clip was Special Thank You :pomuLove:

Botan causing some wholesome feels for a small VTuber

Kinda late but she commented on the clip and said thanks. Also she's currently at almost 12k subs. The Holo boost continues to be powerful.
23604.png

23605.png

23606.png

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Scarle should start her next stream with a star of David intro screen

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Saya put out her schedule earlier, she'll be back starting Wednesday. I'm glad she's feeling better now :pomuLove:
GIb-Lri7-Xw-AAWd7v.jpg

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Kinda taking this as a jumping off point. What do people think about ESL or Bi-Linugual VTubers using their mother tongue often?
I was watching Risu and Moona back before Hololive even had an English branch. I'm in favor of it.
I wonder if that guy with glasses and beard is Randon. Also why Axel looks like Japanese female without tits?
The guy with the glasses and beard is Bettel's brother, Bettel 2: Electric Boogaloo. Axel is a bishonen, a Japanese pretty boy. Don't hate him because he's beautiful.
I think Henya does a better job of it than Kson, for example, where she chatters non-stop in both languages repeating herself and explaining things for both audiences.
Speaking that way probably comes naturally to Henya. She's probably been doing it her whole life, since half of her family lives in America and the other half lives in Japan.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Randon is Asian, and he's not exactly a twink with all the hot steamy sexual action he has with his bike. :Vesper-UNHINGED:

VSoyBoy

Kuro tells a story that would have had him executed by irate Chinese women during his time in Niji. He's had a girlfriend before and made discoveries about female hygiene during some inopportune moments.

Another example of Kuro being able to talk about past relationships more openly than while under Niji:

When he talked about trying to give head on a dildo as Mysta, it's a random dildo that he seemingly just has available for no apparent reason.

When he tells the same story as Kuro, now it's a former girlfriends dildo he was guzzling down.

Now if Niji said not to mention relationships or if he censored himself because he knew his fanbase, who knows. Could also just be him preparing his audience for the inevitable Mika marriage announcement.

Speaking that way probably comes naturally to Henya. She's probably been doing it her whole life, since half of her family lives in America and the other half lives in Japan.
That's probably a difference when it comes to ESL vs true Bi-Lingual streamers. For ESL it would be a lot harder to integrate both languages into the stream simultaneously and naturally, while for people raised Bi-Lingually it's like speaking to family. That's essentially the whole of ID VTubing.

Last edited:

Anime Fan

Airi streaming Supermarket Simulator soon.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
That's probably a difference when it comes to ESL vs true Bi-Lingual streamers. For ESL it would be a lot harder to integrate both languages into the stream simultaneously and naturally, while for people raised Bi-Lingually it's like speaking to family. That's essentially the whole of ID VTubing.
Yeah, I've seen both Risu and Ollie do the thing that Henya does, but with three languages: Bahasa Indonesia, English, and Japanese. It's pretty amazing.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Then there's IRyS who is so bilingual that she manages to fuck up both languages equally.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Another example of Kuro being able to talk about past relationships more openly than while under Niji:

When he talked about trying to give head on a dildo as Mysta, it's a random dildo that he seemingly just has available for no apparent reason.

When he tells the same story as Kuro, now it's a former girlfriends dildo he was guzzling down.

Now if Niji said not to mention relationships or if he censored himself because he knew his fanbase, who knows. Could also just be him preparing his audience for the inevitable Mika marriage announcement.

You know, it says something about Kuro that he somehow was holding back under Niji, and now that he's in Vshojo he's free to unleash an even deeper level of curse upon the world. Somehow that is worse than him just possessing a random dildo, I don't even know how he does it.

As for the bi-lingual streamer stuff, I personally enjoy it via clips, but there are bi-lingual streamers who don't have dedicated clippers and that makes that content much harder to access. A good point of reference would be the Niji Goose Goose Duck collab where everyone was speaking different languages, that is ONLY watchable in clip format (surprise surprise, I don't speak 20 different languages). It also works without clipping for Henya and to a lesser extent Ririka (IMO) because they try to explain their thought process in both languages, and will repeat themselves often when attempting to work with both audiences.

EDIT: With that said, before I even managed to post this people had already brought up a few other multilingual Holos who are so good at English that I legitimately forgot they spoke other languages so maybe I'm just a retard carry on

Last edited:

RiverBear

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
So a Japanese female?

Come on now man we've seen more than enough evidence to suggest this requires a qualifier of "Typical" or "Average" for the subject of Japanese Female. I mean shit, even ex-Rushia is packing some decent equipment.

Top Bottom