"I like trans people"Merryweather

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Can't archive ATM

Grimmi got into Niji and is now having second thoughts?

wait, yeah, that might explain her notice of indefinite hiatus after getting a new job on the same day as Selen's termination

my advice to her on the matter is, or anyone else thinking of accepting the Nijisanji job opportunity: the best time to get into Nijisanji was 2-3 years ago, and joining the company during this big of a controversy may have more negative outcomes than positive. consider, if they were willing to do all of this to one of their bigger talents, that they could possibly do it to you in turn. the immediate positive I can think of would be using Nijisanji tenure as a springboard to bigger things later down the line, but that could also no longer be applicable since companies such as Hyte are cutting ties with Nijisanji.

tl;dr: don't do it, unless doing it while under this controversy is guaranteed to put you in a better place than you were previously (I.E. literal 0-view, which Grimmi wasn't)

Gibara Fan

Babutaro(Gibara) Love

Can't archive ATM

Grimmi got into Niji and is now having second thoughts?

Edit::cursedbae:

I can believe it

archive
If even a fraction of the things that have come out are true, Grimmi would be a prime target for some bad people in that corpo.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 193557.png
I don't think she is in Kurosanji and it might be some other thing.
Edit 1: I archive the post above:
Screenshot 2024-02-08 194039.png
Edit 2: Proper Archives:
Archive 1
Archive 2

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Someone finally made a clickbait video if anyone wants to see the ridiculous physics on roach-hag
Its funny that she got the anime mom death flag braid though, fits her

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Hololive but having second thoughts about joining a JP corpo? Or any corpo

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Someone finally made a clickbait video if anyone wants to see the ridiculous physics on roach-hag

roach milk.jpg

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Anime Fan

Runie's playing Stanley Parable.

Airi in 15 minutes with more Half-Life.

e: Airi's Thursday curse is finally broken!

archive

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
So, I had this article open for a while now in my tabs, but the past few weeks have been kinda crazy but now, lets get into it, because I read it and I thought there are a few interesting parts in it
Small context: Cover held a "Study Session on the VTuber Market" for the press, and this event was presented by Yagoo.
the popularity of overseas anime has been rising. "The soil is in place to make it easier for VTubers with anime-looking avatars to be accepted," he said, adding that the acquisition of overseas users has had an impact on the further expansion of the market.

In addition to Cover himself developing VTubers active in English-speaking countries, the VTuber market is expanding worldwide as "new content from Japan", with companies starting VTuber businesses in North America.
Good to see that the man is aware of the competition, not only domestic, but also internationally.
Looking at the domestic market, according to a survey by the Yano Research Institute, the VTuber market size was 14 billion yen (94 million USD) in FY2020, but it is expected to be about 80 billion yen (530 Million USD) in FY2023.
This concerns the estimated value of the entire domestic Vtuber business. It's quite a dramatic growth in just 3 years, and it is expected to grow even bigger in the future when you factor in the global market:
Looking globally, according to Global Information's analysis of the VTuber world market, the forecast for the VTuber world market size in 2021 was about 242.1 billion yen (1.6 Billion! USD). This is expected to expand to approximately 2.57 trillion yen by 2028, more than tenfold increase. Capturing this 2.5 trillion yen (16.7 Billion USD) global market becomes the goal for leading VTuber business companies like Cover.
It also has an interesting note about the market values of both Cover and Anycolor:
The market capitalization of the cover is 163.6 billion yen (as of December 18, 2023). Sales have grown 14 times in four years, from 1.4 billion yen in the fiscal year ended March 2020 to approximately 20.45 billion yen in the fiscal year ending March 2023.

ANYCOLOR has a market capitalization of 192.2 billion yen (as of December 18, 2023), sales for the fiscal year ending April 2023 are expected to be 25.3 billion yen, and sales for the fiscal year ending April 2024 are expected to be 33 billion yen, including estimates based on public information.
One can see that the Market cap of Cover and Anykara is quite close, but also that Anycolor has very significantly more sales than Cover. Not the biggest shocker, but still the only 2 who could rival sales numbers of the top Holo Talents are Kuzuha and Kanae.
This thriving market, popular among young people in Japan and abroad, particularly Gen Z, has expanded its appeal to various age groups, including those in their 10s, 20s, 30s, and 40s. With a multi-generational fan base, collaborations and tie-ups with companies are also increasing. The virtual nature of VTubers makes them flexible for companies in terms of costumes and staging.
The fanbase is getting more diverse and has a bigger age-range, which opens up new opportunities for collabs with brands that don't just target tweens.
of the approximately 5.7 billion yen in sales in the fiscal year ended March 2021, 46% were revenues from distribution/content, 14.2% from live/events, 32.3% from merchandising.
As of the second quarter of the fiscal year ending March 2024, merchandising and licensing/tie-ups will account for 58.4%, or about 15.5 billion yen, of the approximately 26.7 billion yen in the sales forecast. Distribution/content has dropped significantly to 28.1%, and it is no longer the main revenue of the VTuber business.
As expected, merch and Sponsorships are now the main drivers of Vtuber revenue. I am actually kinda surprised that in 2021 donations and Stream-earnings were still the biggest money-maker.
Mr. Tanigo suggests that the earnings structure of VTubers is evolving towards that of an IP company, akin to Sanrio. VTubers are increasingly viewed as character IPs. or example, he said that he expects the release of games featuring hololive characters (they have already appeared in fanfic games that meet the guidelines).
More game collabs incoming I guess. I like that the article uses the example of Sanrio, since Yagoo used to work there for a bunch of years. He's basically a pro at this IP licensing business.
VTuber production ventures can be approached in several ways, and the contrast between the publicly listed Cover Corp and ANYCOLOR is a prime example. Cover's approach can be summarized as "elite-focused." They select their talent candidates through rigorous auditions and spend a relatively long period on education and training before debut.

By ensuring high quality in their talents, they can achieve a higher number of subscribers per channel, attract a large fan base, and increase annual revenue per person.
I like the slight shade here, Nijitalents are just what sticks to the wall, but Holo Talents are all Elite
:mikothumbsl::mikothumbsl::mikothumbsl:
It also touches on the expansion of UGC (User Generated Content). A typical example is a "clipped video" in which the highlight is cut out of the live streaming video and edited such as subtitles, and there are also support ads for fans to advertise, posts of videos of dancing and singing, and derivative works including self-made games.

Spontaneous clipping videos by fans have already become large-scale, and there are 121 channels dedicated to clipping videos targeting hololive. The channel has a total of 10.3 million subscribers and 6.86 billion views.
A whole section of the article is how important Fan-made content like clips or similar are to the brand. They seem to realize that its basically free advertising, and use Marines songs going viral on Tiktok as a good thing as it spreads the name of Hololive and its talent around, even if they don't directly earn money from it.
I do wonder how they got the number of clippers though, because there are more than just 121 different clippers out there.
facing intense competition in the global market, according to Mr. Tanigou. The market is already expanding, especially in North America and Southeast Asia, and there is room for further expansion in Europe, where time differences make it difficult to watch live streams.
If you had more than just 1 (UNO) streamer in the EU timezone, maybe, juuuust maybe, yall would have a better market share there too bozos.
While anyone can start as a VTuber, achieving high quality requires technological investment, which serves as a significant barrier to entry, giving Cover a competitive edge.

Cover has already attracted a large number of overseas users with talents who operate in Japanese, and has also developed groups like "Hololive EN" that target overseas audiences. Thus, connections with the international market are already established, and efforts are underway to expand.
Not a surprise, but probably more EN gens to come
During the Q&A session, a question about the widely accepted definition of a VTuber was raised. Mr. Tanigou gently refuted the premise of needing a broadly accepted definition, stating, "Is it necessary to have a definition that is widely accepted?" He highlighted the debut of a talent with deep artistic and sculptural skills, Raden (Juu Karasutei Raden), who was unlike any before. This success in integrating new communities and gaining new popularity was attributed to meeting previously unmet demands, emphasizing the importance of individuality over a one-size-fits-all approach.
Yagoo is proud of Raden and rejects the notion that all vtubers are cute and idol-like, more important than that are unique personalities and interests that tap into new markets
In response to the question of whether they would end the activities of VTubers who do not become popular, the answer was, "I think of us as a company that does not discontinue services." "We are not a high-output, high-failure model. Debuting many at once would reduce the opportunities for promotion. We plan to space out debuts to address each one individually."
Yagoo confirming that they will not kill anyone just because of poor numbers and that they space out debuts to provide better support.
Regarding the possibility of AI-generated VTubers in the future, Mr. Tanigou, firmly stated there is no possibility for it. He explained that the VTuber business thrives on the structure of fans supporting the talents' goals, something an AI-generated character cannot fulfill. "The real need is for a real person to spread their wings, and I thought that being seen as a real person was required."
There will be no AI vtubers in Hololive. They are convinced that the fans need a real person with real dreams to support, something an AI just cannot provide.

Just expanding on the above, using the following article that covers the same event
Mr. Tanigou shared his personal opinion, noting that the VTuber market is a rare instance of a phenomenon originating from Japan, similar to how Airbnb and Uber started in the United States and then expanded to Japan and beyond.
Comparing the Vtuber industry growing internationally with how Airbnb and Uber also became international, interesting angle there yagoo
What I mean to say is, there are regions where VTubers have penetrated and others where they haven't yet. For example, in the United States, they are becoming quite popular, and fans of anime and games are well aware of them. However, in the EU, including France, which is known for its large fanbase of anime and manga, VTubers haven't quite taken off yet.

I think a big part of this is the issue of time zones. Content that is broadcast in American time zones isn't as enjoyable in real-time for those in the EU. Since this content is about fans interacting and communicating with each other while watching the same stream, not being able to enjoy that becomes a problem.

In that sense, there's still room for VTubers to grow in each country. VTubers aren't just anime-look characters; for example, the Korean PLAVE I mentioned earlier is a webtoon VTuber, which meets the local needs right there. I think VTubers that cater to each country's specific needs will start to emerge.
Just expanding a bit more on the point above about going into international markets. They are also aware of local demands and the need to adapt, no 1-fits all approach when expanding into new regions.
Even though we talk about licensing out, for now, it's limited to short-term collaborations with convenience stores, for example. But if it expands to games that exclusively feature these IPs or to animation content, I think it could broaden further.For instance, there are certainly people who watch anime but don't watch VTuber streams. If anime can take on a role in acquiring a broader fanbase and increasing brand value, and if monetization through games can be pursued more than before, I believe there's a possibility for that (tenfold market growth in seven years) to happen

More about maybe going harder into the game collabs, maybe even not just collabs but games and anime featuring only Hololive?
I guess the HoloX manga that is currently running (and maybe the Shiraken manga, not sure if that wasn't just a one shot) are first steps in that direction to see if the character IP and lore is good enough to catch non-vtuber otakus.

Since I am already in the mood, lets numberfag just for a tiny bit

(also what is the brown part, if anyone can read that)
Looking at the full article, we get some more fun graphs

amujT2DO_o.png

Niji and Holo very much still dominate the market, but Brave group is already at a solid 3rd place.
Can anyore identify who the pink corpo here is?
Also, note the +2243% increase in viewership compared to 2022 for Phase. They doing good down there.
In 2023, hololive productions increased by +13.7% year-on-year, and Nijisanji projects also saw a slight increase of +1.9%.
Vspo! Brave Group saw the highest year-on-year growth of +32.4% among major companies.
On the other hand, Nanashinku has decreased significantly by -29.9% year-on-year, and Nori Pro has decreased by -48% year-on-year. In both cases, members graduated or retired one after another.

Since the beginning of 2022, NIJISANJI EN has increased its market share significantly, and hololive (hololive EN, hololive Indonesia, and holostars EN) has been gradually losing share, but with the debut of hololive English -Advent- in July 2023, the market share has changed completely, and from August onward, hololive has a 50% market share. It has exceeded the trend.
On the other hand, Nijisanji has been greatly affected by the graduation of NIJISANJI EN's Mista Rias, and it can be said that it has clearly lost market share since September.
In addition, overseas companies other than Holo Niji (Phase-Connect, Idol, etc.) are increasing their market share, and it will be interesting to see whether a third pole will be formed.

GrYhHqrh_o.png

The share of the different Hololive branches:
Hololive (JP) is of course at the center of hololive productions, and that trend hasn't changed, but hololive English has significantly increased viewing time since Q3 2023 with the debut of Advent.
On the other hand, the male brand HOLOSTARS (JP・EN) has not yet made its presence felt, and it will be necessary to grow in the future.

yBGIszOi_o.png

The share break-up of the Nijisanji branches (to note that ID and KR now just count as part of the main branch, so their tiny fraction won't show up on top and look minuscule like HoloStars does for Hololive)

The Nijisanji Project has a total of 24 students, 18 JPs and 6 ENs, making their debuts at the same pace as 24 in 2022 (8 JPs and 16 ENs) and 20 in 2021 (5 JPs and 15 ENs), but 17 people graduated or suspended from the program, up from 12 in 2022. In 2024, it has already been revealed that six students will graduate and end their activities.
While total broadcast time is +13% year-over-year, the average viewership has decreased by about 10%, which can also be said to be dispersed due to the increase in Vtubers.

As you can see by comparing it to hololive's graph, Nijisanji's total viewing time stands out in Q3. This is largely due to the impact of Nijisanji Koshien, but considering Q3, it can be said that Nijisanji is doing well.
However, NIJISANJI EN has continued to decline since peaking in Q2~Q3 2022, and this trend is expected to continue due to the continued graduation from NIJISANJI EN.

there is a much more detailed version of that article, that goes more in-depth about the differences between the branches and month-to-month analysis to buy for 900 Yen, so if anyone feels extra numberfaggy, there is probably some interesting stuff there as well.

Art tax:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I am ready for either fuwawa or mococo to :jellySlurs: out of pure rage.

Bronze

Can anyore identify who the pink corpo here is?
It is NoriPro

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

braindoko

Abi Kadabura the other day: I'm so happy V4Mirai managers support my ideas and projects
Abi today: I pitched a V4M goon cave to my manager

I confess, I'm a bunch of tiny latinos in a trenchcoat

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Isn't Noripro essentially defunct after loosing most of their talent? I don't think Norio is gonna stay in the market much longer.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

:randonFap:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I am ready for either fuwawa or mococo to :jellySlurs: out of pure rage.

Good luck with that. Fuwawa once felt she needed to apologize to the Ruffians after calling a video game character "Dude" because, in her words, "It's very rude."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom