"Not only do I enjoy armpits, but belly buttons as well!"Tsunomaki Watame

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

🐺 Time

Airi breaks the laws of helium as far as I'm concerned

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I've always thought Matara had one of the coolest character designs in VTubing at the moment so adding some drip to that is nothing but a win.

But good lord does she need to turn down the jiggle physics. There reaches a point where they don't move like breasts anymore...

SomeRando

I can't get over the roach theme... :depressedtako:

What's wrong with being the Turkish Ambassador to Canada :smugpipi:

Her model kind of makes me think of the new one that Onigiri has been using for a bit, I'm guessing they have the same artist, or they have a similar style.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I think we might have been long overdue for a Cyberlive and Tsunderia summation. I can only speak with confidence about Tsunderia, and if i get anything wrong i welcome any-one to correct my writing, this is a overview/history of the company and what IMO led to it's collapse, i will not cover any interpersonal drama between talents. So without further ado i give you:

TSUNDERIA : THE CURSE OF THE CROWN

Our story starts in the worst place possible; Early 2020 Los Angeles California in the rented mansion of a Yu-Gi-Oh addicted Asian-American man going by the pseudonym of "PPP". In a flash of inspiration and with a small loan of 100k eddies (from his parents of course) PPP contacts his friend, future talent and manager Hoshino Charlotte and tells her "would you like to be paid to be a anime girl for a couple hours a week?"

Char agrees and together they form a Vtuber company, one of, if not the first US Vtuber company; Tsunderia. At first everything goes smoothly, a first gen consisting of Char, and two former Indies: Inukai Purin & Kamiko Kana. As Kana debuts in April 2020, she introduces her gen-mates and they soon follow up with their own debuts. Kana especially was quite popular and give that the EN boom with Holo Myths debut was still months away at this point thing were going well, even better than expected. Following the Myth debuts and the EN boom in September a new generation of Tsunderia Vtubers is launched in late November, consisting of four members; Nini Yuuna (who was an Indie for a whole two months before being scouted lol) Yazaki Kallin now Ember Aname Kirihime Ria (no link, accounts are scrubbed) & Matsuro Meru. So good so far right? first gen doing fine, and a new gen riding the tailwinds of HoloMyth. this gen was Gen 1 also called TsunQuest.

The first graduations

Something was rotten in the state of Tsunderia, and it wasn't just Kana's smell, and speaking of Kana she would graduate and return to Independent status the 4th of February 2021. Followed closely by the complete graduation of Kirihime Ria on the 4th of April. Now, Ria graduated to enter another bigger company who was just starting to seriously launch their EN branch, and she would come out of this smelling like Roses, but in the aftermath of Tsunderia we have learnt that she was encouraged to graduate for greener (though recent events paints it black) pastures by non other than a manager, and not just any manager a certain Umiushi Urara better known by fans as "Slugma". Slugma had just debuted as a Manager/Vtuber on the 14th of February, the timing possibly to distract from Kana leaving. We will see more from Slugma later in our story...

Moving on to Kana's graduation it had many reasons, discontent with PPP's "hands-off" running of the company (TN: hands-off mean doing fuck-all) rumours at the time implied Kana was being bullied by other talents, (this rrat lived on until Tsunderias dissolution) Kana generally being lazy with streaming, boyfriend yab, openly (in her discord) talking about milking her pay-pigs and of course fucking her dog. It would later turn out that the primary reason was indeed bullying, but not from other talents, but a manager/ the CCO, a certain "S-Train" PPP's friend and just generally a slimy groomer. S-Trains bullying would take the form of never responding to any request Kana had, or outright denying said requests. Neglecting to inform her of events, and misinforming other talents about Kana. Being PPP's friend made S-train
untouchable. And all this supposedly stemmed from S-train trying to get into Kana's pants, failing and this being his very pathetic revenge. He was fired after this came to light. Or was he?

So the cracks are beginning to show, two graduations, Kana being the biggest talent of the company, the CCO being involved in the worst kind of drama, a manager levied to fill the gaps in the ranks as a ersatz Vtuber. To fill the empty spot in TsunQuest the former MyHoloTV talent, then indie Miori Celesta got recruited, continuing the Tsunderia tradition of recruiting Indies into the company. Things started to stabilize again, Miori, despite any faults in her personality is a very talented singer and music producer, check the credits of Vtuber covers or orisongs, good chance you'll find Miori there, as an example;

Check the description for "Vocal arrangement"

The Cursed Founding

Gen 2 or TsunVerse went wrong from the start. the exact circumstances are somewhat shrouded in mystery but seemingly this gen would follow the same pattern as previous generation, some new talents and some Indies. But something happened to make the recruited indies drop out. The rumour is that TsunVerse was supposed to be "Tsunderia Noir" and the Indies were to be given new models but keep their old identities (sounds familiar...) We don't exactly know who would be on the roster but often cited candidates were Shimada Tiger & Seiryu Komatsu who both were seemingly preparing for re-debuts at the time then suddenly changed, Shimadas contacts with other former Tsunderia members are also taken as sign of this being true, as well as the face that Hoshino char would come to join Duskward together with Shimada and Komatsu. Whatever the truth may be, the fact is that something went terribly wrong and gen 2 was left with one, yes one talent; Amemachi Hanabi. And so as to not debut a one woman gen Orla Gan Ceann joined up as the second member, reportedly she did not want to be a talent, but agreed due to how sad it would be to let Hanabi debut all on her lonesome.

The Last Attempts At Relevance

Uncharacteristic for PPP and likely driven by the efforts of an increasingly desperate Slugma, 2021-2022 would see real signs of life and attempts to grow by Tsunderia. most notably closer cooperation with other second-tier EN vtuber companies, PRISM & Phase being the most notable. Among us SUS, some might remember this as the era of "small corpo unity", what with the joint Minecraft server and the combined Tsunderia/Phase booth at offkai in 2022.

But before offkai and the MC server, we had the last real generation of Tsunderia; Gen 3 or TsunDream. As PPP slipped further into torpor Slugam got more and more control over Tsunderia, and gen 3 was scouted by her, (and possibly Kallin/Ember) Slugma would commit one big mistake with TsunDream; i was a mixed gen of Men; Uzuki Tomoya & Tetsuya Kazune women; Chikafuji Lisa & Amiya Aranha & of course Tsurugi Nen who is very special and I'm not sure what she wants to be called at this point I'm too old for this queer shit.

Regardless of whether you're a Unicorn or Sister, a fag-basher or a homo-beggar i think we can all agree that the last thing you wanna do as a failing Vtuber company with many of your talents not regularly breaking 100 CCV is launch a gen that will filter people from the very beginning. Also noteable is that Hoshino Char had also taken on a semi-official manager role at this point, and she and Slugma pushed the boys in TsunDream to do BFE. this is something that Tomo has talked about afterwards how he wanted to be a D&D fighter (TsunDream had quite a bit of input in their models) but got overruled by Slugma and ended up a Bunny-Boy, lol, lmao, even.

Though being crippled from the start TsunDream launched to some fanfare, with an original song; (Hazy Hours -TsunDream) written,produced & performed by the TsunDream members, TsunDream being notable for all it's members being quite talented singers and musicians. And in November 2021 Tsunderia would open it's merch store. What's that? You're confused? you thought they had a merch store all along? Nope. not until well over a year from it's launch, and after three generations of Vtubers did Tsunderia get merch. Yes, this is exactly as dumb as it sounds. And speaking of merch here's one of the more well known scandals, being the spoilt princeling he is PPP would not deign to package the merch himself. This then fell upon the managers and talent living nearby, the talent living nearby being Chiiiiiiiiikafuji Lisa, so she got to serve as PPP warehouse worker while at the same time being enrolled in university and streaming regularly, very cool and fair PPP, very good business practise.

Most here know the previously mentioned MC server, where Lisa would befriend the toothless trailer park queen of Phase Connect, and well known proponent of "good paedophilia", our beloved Pipkin Pippa. And later at the Offkai expo Slugma in the flesh would be at the Tsun/Phase booth (having graduated the 8th of April), and several Tsun talents would have panels there; Mixing covers with Miori and Tomo And Amiya did Livelooping of music (no VOD for that one that i know). The offkai appearance would be marred by the fact that on the 8th of April Slugma graduated Tsunderia losing the one staff keeping things togheter and then... on the 15th of April founding member and part time manager Hoshino Char would graduate, and to make things worse, just days before offkai started the whole remaining line-up of gen 1 and Orla from gen 2 announced that they would be graduating immediately. This left Tsunderia with 7 members, the two outside of TsunDream being the only ones in their respective gens. Now rudderless and decimated Tsunderia was left in a state so pathetic i would not even call it death-throes, more like the spasms a corpse gets when you throw salt at exposed muscle.

It's Already Come And Tumbled Down, No Need To Even Play The Song

Hobbling along Tsunderia would spend the rest of 2022 doing a lot of nothing. gen 4 auditions were announced, Three new managers were hired, the only one of the mdoing anything of note was "Rei Daimonji" who seemingly had good report with Lisa in particular, and appeared one one of her streams; (LINK HERE) It was not until late in the year something started to seem off, talent had meetings they came back from saddened, and some of the discord mods left. now normally the sort of sub-human slime that would become a moderator leaving to die gracelessly in a ditch would be celebrated but just this once a disgruntled former mod took his frustrations to 4chan, after one of the then common discussion loops about secret inner circle discords came around, and this one mod wanted to disprove this; (his first post) (second post) (third and most important post containing proof of modship) In that third post is a list of bans;
while the funniest one is someone getting banned for talking about "coochie" in general chat, the important one is the one with the mod note mentioning "Bob" there was a "Manager-B" with an suspicious amount of power, being able to overrule decisions by all other managers. This is likely to be S-train under a new name, yes the same S-train that got Kana to quit. Now this seems real rratty i get it, but you might have seen the video of Ember playing FTL and venting about her exit from Tsunderia,
in it she confirms S-Train was still around after being fired;

If the piece of shit multi gazillion Eurodollar website known as YouTube gives you the wrong timestamp its' 2:11:00 - 2:12:00

Very good and cool yet again. so as January 2023 begins all is up in the air, and then first on January 20th, the remaining managers leave;

Just three days later, Purin graduates on January 23d;

And then...

It's over, not even with a whimper.
Exactly why It all shut down from this is a little unclear, probably PPP running out of steam (and possibly money) Running out of managers and Vtubers on the roster probably didn't help...

Gen Fourn't

Apparently Gen 4 was somewhat far along with a fitting four members; Juri Shima, Haewon The Heartstring, Yomi Cham & Maria Paradisia. Juri Being the only one to be new, and was given her model post-collapse. The exact circumstances of gen 4 are very strange, both Maria and Haewon implied being under NDA still, (i can prove nothing, any Haewon or Maria experts chime in if you know what is up.

And so ends our tale. And Tsunderia enters the annals of history in disgrace.

THE END

for legal reasons this is all fiction i invite you to do your own research and to add or correct as you see fit also this will take like a whole page for itself lol

This shit makes me think we need some kind of deep lore/book of knowledge type thread. Lemme think on how best to approach it. Or put suggestions in the Wtf is going on thread quoting this.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
This shit makes me think we need some kind of deep lore/book of knowledge type thread. Lemme think on how best to approach it. Or put suggestions in the Wtf is going on thread quoting this.
Having a locked and pinned corpo graveyard megathread like the schizo one with summary posts that link to unlocked threads for each individual corpo is probably the best way.

We could also use one for some of the more menhera/lolcow vtubers like Rushia or that Marina dude.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Wactor def needs a thread, with updated info on current happenings. The Blackest of black companies, where all sorts of fuckery can be attributed to pure malice

Koronesuki

X-Potato

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Wactor def needs a thread, with updated info on current happenings. The Blackest of black companies, where all sorts of fuckery can be attributed to pure malice
GFmVXzMXAAAD4zj.jpeg
:kurosanji::gurawho:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Thanks for the information, honestly I'm still not sure what the relation is between tsunderia and cyberlive where they both small indie companies that collapsed around the same time? or why are they used so related? Sucks to hear about Lumi but I'm glad she achieved succes and is now living her best life, also that some of the girls talked and apologised to her. I don't have a horse in the race as I know almost nothing about them but I'm happy to hear they are in good relations.
I think people just mostly use them as examples of small corpos that had some potential, but were so mismanaged that they ended up failing. Could also be because people sometimes joke that the two most prominent Western smaller corpos right now, Phase and Idol, have taken in many former talents as refugees, with Phase bringing in four former Tsunderia members and Idol bringing in two former Cyberlive members. Although, Phase also brought in two former Cyberlive members themselves. I don't think there's really any significant direct relation between Tsunderia and Cyberlive.

As for Lumi, I don't know if she really has a good relation with any of them rather than just most of them having a live-and-let-live attitude. Most of them are more busy doing their own thing these days to bother with keeping the past drama alive. A few of the former Cyberlive members tried kicking up some shit within the last year, Hylo, Yoki, and Emma, but one would hope they have learned by now that nothing positive comes from them starting more shit and should move on. Granted, you could argue that Lumi started it by skinwalking in their old models as a prank, but I think the way they handled that particular incident was poor on their end. However, I also clearly have a bias.

The only one Lumi has talked positive about in recent times that I know of is Chapipi before she debuted as Roca, but there is rumor that Chapipi also didn't like Lumi, but stayed out of all the drama bull shit that happened back in Cyberlive. And as for apologies, I think someone asked about this a while back, and I don't think anyone came up with evidence of anyone apologizing about the past drama. The only one I imagine that may have done so is Yuri when they became friendly with each other. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of anyone else doing so.

Anyone please feel free to correct me on any of this because I believe all of this to be as true as can be based on what I know, but some proper info could have slipped through the cracks for me.

This would be great. On top of his Tsunderia write-up, I know I've felt other well-written and informed posts in the past deserved something like this too, but are now unfortunately buried in this thread and the previous thread. Would be nice to preserve some of these.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
This would be great. On top of his Tsunderia write-up, I know I've felt other well-written and informed posts in the past deserved something like this too, but are now unfortunately buried in this thread and the previous thread. Would be nice to preserve some of these.
Chances are those effortposts were caught in Recaps, like this

post | inf | Effort post about death of a hidden company Unicreate and about their talent (mostly Mochizuki Himari)

post | Update on Wactor, they got a new 910inc office, Hizuki Miu is back from hiatus, is now under 910inc. Seems like CEO is the same old Oishi, as per PRTimes

But just searching "effortpost" doesn't bring many examples in the previous Recap. Things like
post | The story of VTA graduate Kaburaki Roco told by Scuttle (recapped by nooternun) for example. Might need time to find more of these

EDIT: I'm a dumbass, we have the | ⓘ INF | tag for the reason!

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
can i interest you with a blue woman in these trying times

Bronze

Granted, you could argue that Lumi started it by skinwalking in their old models as a prank, but I think the way they handled that particular incident was poor on their end. However, I also clearly have a bias.
I'm also pretty biased in this case, but bringing the issue to public through twitter when they could have tried DM's and emails first, and one of them appearing in her chat with relatively positive comment ending it with ": )" ,iirc, before joining the public call out was definitely stupid.

Shiina's stream got bonked so she's gonna be live on Twitch shortly

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Re: Tsunderia it came out later that Slugma invested the money she earned from streaming into company projects. Slugma was somewhat known for donation begging, so to find out that she did that not for herself but to put that towards things for the talents was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.

I also remember her doing work streams where she was chatting while working on the company monthly payroll. Never really explained what that meant but my guess is looking at various accounts and figuring out cuts and so on. Of course, it's normal in a small company to have one person wear multiple hats, but I remember thinking it was a bit much at the time.

Cover just dropped their financial report for FY2024/3 Q3 .. interesting timing lol

I'm going to bed, I await the real financial people to analyze but I'm seeing all +, no red - numbers so I'll assume Cover did ok to great. +104.9% Net profit sounds pretty good I think.

View attachment 63223
They set a goal to diversify their incomes a year or two ago, back when it was like 50% streaming (eg. superchats and memberships)

With the massive increase in event income this year I think they've pulled it off. The fact that they can now do four big paid live events a year, plus several individual paid lives, seems probably about what the fanbase can support. The relative increase in licensing/sponsorships is also promising, as both of these previously weak segments are growing faster than the rest of the revenue.

My one personal concern is that performer remuneration is flat even though revenue is growing.

Vih

Doog
For those of you who may have missed it a couple months ago, Watame released a song and music video that oozes production value, it's something special when a talent can combine singing, writing and production value to their songs. There's even a few lyrical jokes in English and Japanese so turn on the subtitles(even the SUBTITLES have great production quality)! :watamelon:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I was gonna say "there's already a vtuber wiki with a short recount of events" but then I realized that because of the nature of the wiki, most of the media that was in that post (for example, clips of the talent's reincarnations sharing details of past events) wouldn't be allowed.
--
Let's see how long it takes for one of the known grifters to publish a video essay about tsunderia on their yt channel.
We could definitely make the site into a pseudo-wiki if we wanted to and had more people making good writeups, I'd help since I do like writing but my forte is not in sourced articles like what's needed here, looking for all of the links from all of the factoids I have in my head seems like an absolute nightmare.

Stunned But Dumb

We could definitely make the site into a pseudo-wiki if we wanted to and had more people making good writeups, I'd help since I do like writing but my forte is not in sourced articles like what's needed here, looking for all of the links from all of the factoids I have in my head seems like an absolute nightmare.
In those cases a collaborative effort could work out

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Can't archive ATM

Grimmi got into Niji and is now having second thoughts?

Edit::cursedbae:

Top Bottom