"My ass got tighter!"Hana Macchia

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Can anyone here lend credence to this rrat? Is the curl of the apostrophe really consistent when typed by the Japanese?

Archive

Edit: I have been informed that it is just a software think, not particularly a Japanese thing. It's just a schizo rrat after all. Who would have guessed.

Last edited:

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Honestly I find these games at least more fun to watch than Outlast, Amnesia, etc.

I have never understood what people enjoy about the Amensia games, but I enjoy watching Outlast 1 + Whistleblower (Outlast 2 isn't nearly as good), however Poppy's Playtime is much more entertaining than Outlast.

I think because in Outlast the only mechanic is run and hide from the variants, after a while gamer brain takes over and you no longer see them as something to be scared of, you see them as a obstacle to beat and you're far enough in the game that you have been beating them for a while, so you don't panic when you see them, the game only really gets scary again when the Walrider shows up. In PP though the puzzles are the thing to beat and you only "fight" the toys once, also each monster is new both visually and in what they do, so even several hours in the new toys are a different challenge then the last. Also there is something more unsettling about a toy factory painted with bright colors and filled with cute toys being overrun with horrors then an asylum.

Last edited:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Can anyone here lend credence to this rrat? Is the curl of the apostrophe really consistent when typed by the Japanese?

Archive

Apparently that type of apostrophe only shows up on Japanese keyboards, so people with Western keyboards wouldn't even be able to type it.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer

Archive

For what it's worth, there were at least a few completely innocuous seeming tweets with apostrophes. Of course, they're no longer accessible, but you can find people discussing examples.
normal-apostrophe.png

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
For what it's worth, there were at least a few completely innocuous seeming tweets with apostrophes. Of course, they're no longer accessible, but you can find people discussing examples.
normal-apostrophe.png
It's not about the apostrophes. It's about the shape of the apostrophes. Straight apostrophes are written by someone typing with an English keyboard while curly apostrophes are written by a Japanese keyboard. In your example, the first tweet was likely typed by Selen, while the second was was likely typed by a manager. At least that's was the tweet I posted was claiming.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Apparently that type of apostrophe only shows up on Japanese keyboards, so people with Western keyboards wouldn't even be able to type it.
It's not about the apostrophes. It's about the shape of the apostrophes. Straight apostrophes are written by someone typing with an English keyboard while curly apostrophes are written by a Japanese keyboard. In your example, the first tweet was likely typed by Selen, while the second was was likely typed by a manager. At least that's was the tweet I posted was claiming.
You can get it on a qwerty keyboard but you have to alt 0146. normal ' vs alt ’

also font type can make the difference more extreme.

Bug Eater

iPhones also use the curly single/double quotes by default unless you change it in the keyboard options.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Some EU keyboards have ´ as a key by default, which is pretty close, but not the same.
I would chuck up the apostrophe as a lunacy rrat, but after what surfaced with Selen's messages I don't even know anymore.
BTW and Alt 0156 gives œ, if you ever want to imitate Mococo.

Short

God Damn the Sun

God's Strongest Dragoon

Archive

Older Enna post with vertical apostrophe
Older Enna post with curled apostrophe

Note that the embedded twitter post shows the "curled apostrophe" as a tilted apostrophe but if you go to the actual tweet itself, it's curled. So either she has a second device that uses the curled apostrophe in its keyboard or management actually pops in and posts shit for her sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like the iphone being weird and using the curled apostrophe.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I have never understood what people enjoy about the Amensia games, but I enjoy watching Outlast 1 + Whistleblower (Outlast 2 isn't nearly as good), however Poppy's Playtime is much more entertaining than Outlast.

I think because in Outlast the only mechanic is run and hide from the variants, after a while gamer brain takes over and you no longer see them as something to be scared of, you see them as a obstacle to beat and you're far enough in the game that you have been beating them for a while, so you aren't scared of them, the game only really gets scary again when the Walrider shows up. In PP though the puzzles are the thing to beat and you only "fight" the toys once, also each monster is new both visually and in what they do, so even several hours in a the new toys are a different challenge then the last.

A lot of horror games are pretty miss for me because I don't often get scared by games, especially when their only means of dealing with the 'horror' is to run away, and the tension of being chased wears off after about a minute. It takes some pretty good work at setting the pacing or atmosphere to start creeping under my skin without involving my actual phobia and not many games manage that because of just how video games as a medium are, it can really hinder methods of setting tension. A lot of horror games seem like they're directed off of concepts of horror for film, or they overdo it on attempting to set the scene and end up giving too much away with creepy music, shock stings, obvious design elements, etc, and that doesn't really deliver too well when you're overly familiar with the methods.

The ducts part of Poppy Playtime is one of the few times in a horror game where I've actually felt that kind of "Oh fuck oh fuck OH FUCK" feeling, and I feel like it's a combination of how it's set up to give you several opportunities to see that big fucker without having to stop to turn around and the fucked up way it moves through the ducts after you with how big it is when you do see it. Gives me big vibes of the "Tall Man" scene from It Follows but extended into a chase scene that even after seeing it a couple dozen times it still gives me feelings of freezing hands squeezing my spine.

I should probably see about chapters 2 and 3, but, uh... boy would you look at that convenient excuse to not...

frz

image.png

Two of her genmates, Suzuya Aki & Moira retweeted her debut stream on their nijisanji twitter account, which likely funneled viewers into her stream
If you don't see them streaming for the next 2 weeks, they might got selen-ed
Also not a great sign, they might already be on the way out. Maybe there's a queue even in NijiJP.
Archive

After foolish followed Sakura Aoi and reposting her debut, all follows of the moiramoira account has been purged. Interestingly the repost stayed up. The account had 22k following before the purge. It's now at absolute 0
Suzuya Aki has not been hit with the following purge. But she never followed Sakura Aoi on twitter in the first place.
moira-purge.png

Found a new recruitment page for anycolor EN project manager position with some interesting description
- Experience: 3 years or more of work experience in content-related work (games, animation, media mix projects, etc.) at the IP holder's company - 2 years or
more of team management or project manager experience - Project Or business budget management experience
- Doesn't look like the head position, just department staff.
- Overtime work: Yes
- 3.6 million - 5 million Yen annual income, requires English speaking skills. For context the average PM job salary in Japan without the english skill requirement is 10 million yen annually.
+ Monthly salary break down: 234,147 Yen fixed + 65,853 (45 hours overwork/month) = 300,000 yen a month (including allowance)
So they add 45 hours overwork/month as default salary. And if you work overtime without going home you can earn up to 5 million yen/year!!!
Any japanese here can tell me if this is a reasonable salary/working condition for a PM job requiring bilingual skills? When I google JP's average project manager income it's 3 times that (10 million yen) and where I got this from people were saying it's a fucking joke of a salary when you look at the requirement and how much money they are making

People who Nijisanji are pinching money from: employee, talents, artists. Maybe even Harry is not paid well because part-time job.

1707231197752.png

Also saw this interesting pic because the usual ones doesn't include virtuareal but mainly VTA to pad the numbers. I know virtuareal is purely China, but it's still fun to see.

Last edited:

Bronze

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
She'll sing

The audio is so scuffed I love it, it's nice to hear her voice again :pomuLove:

edit: was gonna sleep soon but fuck it, I gotta stay up for this

Last edited:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu singing at 7PM JST.

Her usual Wednesday singing timeslot. I guess her weekends will be full of Persona 3.

AZKi playing another yandere RPGMaker game at 10PM JST.

She's probably hinting of something as we approach Valentine.

Subaru to play Street Fighter 6 with Botan's teammate and uber fujo Naraka at 8PM JST.

Edit: Subaru's stream mixes well with Naraka's laugh.

774inc's Shisui Kiki continuing to teach in Trinity at 10PM JST.

Last edited:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Btw let it be known Sena made and rigged Bagstards bara boomer model. Fat fox can stop feeling weird watching him.

I am late but i dont give a shit

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
GFtWQoNbQAAKk7Q
GFtWS1PbQAAOtX2

GFtboAcaoAAwtSB

Twitter (Poppy's Playtime reference)
Edit: Another one of these shorts:

And a timestamp to IRyS's thoughts about this series of shorts:

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
If you ever wanted to see a food cam set-up from the third person.

Plus, I forgot how cute this women is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom