"What the hell is a 'power bottom'?"Chisaka Airi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
NeneTowa releasing a cover of ANIMA at 7PM JST.

VSpo's Yakumo Beni a bit late on the trending song.

View attachment 62729
Got a game over from failing the opera scene 4 times because she never read the script. Fucking zoomers. Ended the stream.
Nah, she already cleared that part the previous hour, even reread the script to be sure. This one she wonders what happens if she deliberately fails and also trying to listen to the original soundtrack. Also according to the doxsites she was born in 1982.
I'm now tempted by Patra to actually get the pixel remaster series now that it's discounted. Wonder if it's worth it though, never finished any of them due to circumstances.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Twitter cancel campaigns seem to try to pile on every single accusation and wrongdoing possible when they get going. Being laser focused on the biggest issue would probably make them more successful, but they just have to add the flimsy bullshit to milk it more.
It's because they're co-ordinated by clout-chasing parasites who are desperate to be involved in the story, especially if they have a grudge against the target or have some kind of personal agenda, so they have to throw their petty little complaint on the pile to get some attention too. Eventually someone's gonna find some old tweet of him saying a gamer word and that'll overshadow the commission scamming. It's tiring.

From personal experience, the amount of poor work ethic (especially regarding commissions) a lot of artists online exhibit is unprecedented. This goes for some of the top-shelf creators as well. There are only a handful of artists out there I would be confident in commissioning and know they would deliver on time and with the desired quality.

Actual health emergencies aside, the excuses are par for the course for a lot of them. I don't think a month goes by without some VTuber-related artist being the subject of a call-out post for similar issues to this one.
The root of the problem is that a lot of these people are random hobbyists who fall into drawing as a one-man self-employed business, despite not being equipped with any of the other skills required to manage such an operation. There's also a lot of them who never grow out of their hobbyist mindset where they were drawing strictly for the fun of drawing.

I enjoy a lot of things about my livelihood and I consider myself fortunate for that, but when you're in that position you need to accept a caveat: by making your hobby your job, you're sacrificing part of your hobby. There are ways to manage this that you learn over time, but for artists, as an example, you'll need to accept that not every commission will inspire you in the same way drawing your favourite anime characters will, and there will be times where your hobby is now a chore and you need to fall back on traditional self-discipline techniques rather than hoping a random spark of motivation will come along in a week or twelve's time. Some people genuinely aren't cut out for that, and would be happier and healthier keeping a regular job separate from their hobbyist work.

I'd be much more forgiving of artist holdups if they made better communication efforts. Schedule slips happen and it is easy to accidentally take on more work than you can manage, but reaching out to the client to keep them in the loop and offering a refund if the new timeframe doesn't work for them makes a world of difference.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
The root of the problem is that a lot of these people are random hobbyists who fall into drawing as a one-man self-employed business, despite not being equipped with any of the other skills required to manage such an operation. There's also a lot of them who never grow out of their hobbyist mindset where they were drawing strictly for the fun of drawing.
For most of these fledgling artists who take commissions, this is usually their first job ever. They're young, never experienced any element of the workforce, and more often than not, they do not have the people skills to communicate properly. Not really making excuses for them; those are just facts of the matter. Sometimes their maturity/competence levels do not match their artistic skills.

Oftentimes, a lot of these people are gravely mentally ill and that's no joke. That comes with its own set of problems.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Kannagi Tenri's birthday 3D live happening right now.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
Neonbeat also did Lumi's redesign. It'll be interesting to see where this goes since there's (allegedly) a lot of money involved. Sounds like the guy's taken too many commissions and is in over his head, but the lack of communication is damning.
Sadly, this is far from the only case of "big dick artist everyone wants to commission, with questionable odds of ever making your shit." Usually, they can just keep doing it as long as they want.

Twitter cancel campaigns seem to try to pile on every single accusation and wrongdoing possible when they get going. Being laser focused on the biggest issue would probably make them more successful, but they just have to add the flimsy bullshit to milk it more.
My understanding of most cancellation campaigns is that they're not meant to drive any single point home or prove anything. Instead, you throw everything you have to create enough surrounding controversy to make life hard for the target, and make others need to distance themselves. Someone called it "making smoke" and it's really the most fitting metaphor.

Last edited:

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Forgot to post, Pico started 20 minutes ago with an Earth science zatsu!

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
@braindoko I wrote up a summary of the Owozu stuff for my news show on Monday. Since you're going to basically be my only source on this, would you mind giving it a look-over and letting me know if I got anything wrong or missed something important? If anyone else here knows about this case please feel free to chime in as well.

¿Donde estan los talentos? Owozu, an agency which seems to have been the most prominent in the ES space since Wactor’s decline, underwent a rapid collapse last week. The agency launched in August 2021 and appears to have had ten talents pre-collapse if their web site was up to date. The agency was founded by three people, one who was a man who went by the handle Drakeout. Drakeout has been accused of, among other things, operating a “blacklist” of other vtubers who the talents in his agency were forbidden from having any contact with and even contacting the management of other agencies to get talents on the blacklist fired, playing his own talents off of each other in terms of goading them to get higher view counts than each other, and maintaining a friendship with and defending a man who goes by Riglock who seems to have been grooming at least two vtubers while they were as young as fifteen years old.

At some point he left Owozu management, but on January 28, he re-joined Owozu as talent named Zero. In response, every other talent for the company to quit by the next day. Owozu would tweet announcements about the departure of two of the talents, plus Zero himself, but it’s my understanding that the reality of the situation is that all of them have departed. Owozu had ownership over the identities of all talents, so they will all have to return to previous identities or rebrand.

Owozu’s Twitter account has not posted anything regarding the disillusion of the company, but then again, neither has AkioAIR’s, and I unilaterally declare that any agency which doesn’t have any talents left and doesn’t seem to be in a good place to bring on more talents to be dead. So congratulations to Owozu for holding the ignoble record for the world’s fastest collapse of a pos-launch agency. That I’m aware of, at least.

Special thanks to Brain Doko at The Virtual Asylum for helping to translate details of this story to English, as my single semester of high school Spanish was not up to the task.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Botan is having a small announcement stream:

Long story short she will be touring Japan to have Ramen in every prefecture and make videos of them. She showed off the first episode, set in Tokyo obviously and Yokohama, featuring Ramen shops that were recommended to her by Yagoo. There might be stickers at the places she goes to if you visit them shortly after her videos get posted.

And there's also some merch available:

【告知あり!】美味しいラーメンをたくさん食べたいなぁ…そうだ!思いついたぞ!の企画【獅白ぼたん_ホロライブ】 30-34 screenshot.jpg【告知あり!】美味しいラーメンをたくさん食べたいなぁ…そうだ!思いついたぞ!の企画【獅白ぼたん_ホロライブ】 32-52 screenshot.jpg【告知あり!】美味しいラーメンをたくさん食べたいなぁ…そうだ!思いついたぞ!の企画【獅白ぼたん_ホロライブ】 33-4 screenshot.jpg

frz

- Gura learnt from her past mistake, if you don't even log into the hololive server then there's 0 chance of running into bijou.
- There's also now a document tilted Poopydoodooboy logged forever in Hololive's office.

Ina assaulted by a hag and a zoomer
She also revealed her trip to JP this time is NOT for holofes. Hmmh how cocky are hololive to not even started filming

Nodoka-oniichan almost successfully gained 2 imoutou

In niji news I wonder how long till they grinded out the graduation content, it's a bold and interesting strategy, but so far it does pay off in good content
BY spacing the graduation out you can make sure the content be running all the time.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Botan is having a small announcement stream:

Long story short she will be touring Japan to have Ramen in every prefecture and make videos of them. She showed off the first episode, set in Tokyo obviously and Yokohama, featuring Ramen shops that were recommended to her by Yagoo. There might be stickers at the places she goes to if you visit them shortly after her videos get posted.

And there's also some merch available:

View attachment 62732View attachment 62730View attachment 62731

oh thats so cool
will she be naming the specific shops she went to?
If so, I will note them down in my To-Do travel list when I am in japan (someday hopefully)

Also, Haachama is currently cooking her very first Valentines Chocolates, assisted by two Hags
She made chocolate Tarantulas from what I can tell
Even the power of 2 hags can't fix Haachama

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Sadly, this is far from the only case of "big dick artist everyone wants to commission, with questionable odds of ever making your shit." Usually, they can just keep doing it as long as they want.

My understanding of most cancellation campaigns is that they're not meant to drive any single point home or prove anything. Instead, you throw everything you have to create enough surrounding controversy to make life hard for the target, and make others need to distance themselves. Someone called it "making smoke" and it's really the most fitting metaphor.
That's done also to make it more difficult to quickly refute the arguments. If you have a cancellation campaign based on 2-3 points, those points may not land or even resonate with the populace and even if they do, the victim can make a single post to refute the argument. So doing the shotgun approach of adding a dozen arguments, you're more likely to land a hit and you're more likely to get more people to side with you. Additionally if you have a mob spreading like a dozen different rumors about the victim, it's harder for the victim to have their counterargument reach as many people because they have to refute so much bullshit. It doesn't help that a lot of people don't bother doing their due diligence, Reddit is super notorious about this. They often post article headlines as the thread titles and you'd quickly discover no one in the 30k comment thread read the actual article because if they did, they'd realize the article is an opinion piece with zero fucking sources or facts to back up the assertion made in the article's title.

The "Palworld copied Pokemon designs" argument was done in this exact way for both the reasons I listed and as you mentioned. One of the biggest shitheads made a twitter thread of like 100+ pals and each had an associated pokemon next to it that they claimed Palworld stole the design from. There was at most 2-4 that you could potentially make an argument for but an overwhelming majority of them were absolutely ridiculous accusations. When some random person sees "here's 100+ pals that were stolen straight from Pokemon", they hear that number and think "wow, Nintendo should sue them!". If the OP only posted the 2-4 pals that they could potentially make an argument for, people are more likely to look at those 2-4 posts and decide whether it's bullshit or not on their own. However when people hear 100+, they're not going to crawl through that long as fuck thread and see that the OP is a seething Nintendrone that should drink bleach.

Koronesuki

X-Potato

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Maybe the reason he left Holostars is he wanted to be in Hololive instead

He is the only one that i dont miss from Holostar, Vesper was a great tragedy but his content remain mostly the same as Randon and thats why i keep following him but Lando is just doing coomer shit and simping for Genshin, a shame because it you remove the coomer stuff he actually gets creative

Last edited:

Bronze

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

chihirogumi

Aoi Sakura is making her debut seven hours from now. This is Chihiro Yuuki's reincarnation. If you were interested in checking her out, now is your chance to start fresh.

Her debut was bigger than I thought. She peaked at about 60k live viewers!
She's already releasing merch and has a fanbox.
I'm guessing she got tired of the 2% merch cut and wanted a much larger share. I'll be subbing asap. Here's her new design.
aoisakura.png
She also released a cover of Fansa

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
My impression is that the Genshin, kpop and Niji communities must have a ton of overlap; more progressive white/asian female-heavy audience simping over their husbandos with tons of internal drama and lots of bitching about the lack of darker-skinned characters in the game.
There's not a ton of overlap. Just the lux boys had the chinese fujos which by extension reached a lot further. None of the girls had issues while playing Genshin except for when Finana made it her personality.
Isn't Ina one of the most private person in EN? Did she ever confirm she is in Canada? Even Ame and Gura stopped giving a fuck and constantly bring up US in their streams.

Edit: To be honest I'm not sure why all the HoloENs who are living in NA coincidentally want to hide their countries, while those living in other countries give no fuck.
To be fair, the EN community is becoming more dogshit than the SEA community and started to normalize doxxing and open PL posting/spreading, so it's not a mystery why they try to retain some sense of opsec. No one cares where an ID or JP girl lives cuz it's obvious, and while they may have retarded schizos, chances are a lot of EN viewers are actually in the same areas they are especially if they're canadian, since you can literally only be in one of 2 places more often than not.
I'm guessing she got tired of the 2% merch cut and wanted a much larger share. I'll be subbing asap. Here's her new design.
View attachment 62733

Not surprised, she was always seen as one of "stars" of the vtubing community, not one of the horsemen, but damn well close.

frz

View attachment 62733

Not surprised, she was always seen as one of "stars" of the vtubing community, not one of the horsemen, but damn well close.

image.png

Two of her genmates, Suzuya Aki & Moira retweeted her debut stream on their nijisanji twitter account, which likely funneled viewers into her stream
If you don't see them streaming for the next 2 weeks, they might got selen-ed
Also not a great sign, they might already be on the way out. Maybe there's a queue even in NijiJP.
Archive

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Your honour the evidence is overwhelming and i blame Fishman for letting it happen so he can have free talents in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom