"'Two hours no progress?' Ha. Ha. Ha. How long have you been on this earth? How many years? I see no progress from you, either"Hakos Baelz

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunned But Dumb

New Years letter from Enna.

Clip tax. Enjoy the roast.

I remember thinking it was funny that she's better at staying on flow than Kyo is

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I'd argue this was one of my dumber posts... I do feel kinda bad that I slack on shilling my oshi like everyone else does, but I am admittedly too lazy to constantly share stuff which isn't relevant to people who aren't already fans of hers.
Dont worry sharing Riku memes its funny anyways

Not-Username

Those madlads apparently 3d scanned mios karaage

braindoko

Chocolate brat new years zatsu

She’s grateful to have survived “the great graduation wave of 2023”

@The Proctor stop blue balling your viewers :annoyedpippa:

Last edited:

Panopticon

Resident Lovebug
2024 will be a good year if the PonWolf can finally do this. I think a lot of people would celebrate this day.

Even though it's still hours away for me, Happy New Year all. Been a wild year with many highs and lows. Was feeling cringe and lame, so I wrote down some reflections regarding vtubing and this forum regarding 2023. I don't recommend reading because it's gay as hell, but here it is anyway:

I lurked without an account on these forums for months before registering. I think I started lurking here around October or November timeframe of 2022. Funny enough, even though I had also been an unregistered lurker of the Farms for years by that point, I didn't know this place was an offshoot of it initially. I actually found this website because of the description of a Pippa archive stream upload that said it was uploaded originally by Godzilla here, and I was curious what The Virtual Asylum was. I later found out about its origins and relation to the Farms. I decided to finally register on April 1st. Looking at my email, I registered at like 1am or something like that. Initially, I was planning on lurking for longer before starting to post. However, something happened later that day that got me to start posting here earlier than I was expecting.

I'm sure many remember that on April 1st, Lumi played a prank by skinwalking in the models of some of her former Cyberlive co-workers. This caused some of these members (Hylo, Yomi, and Emma) to publicly complain to Phase on Twitter about this while Lumi was still streaming because, as Hylo stated, Lumi and them are not on good terms. If I remember correctly, Lumi also used Menace's model, but Menace didn't get involved in the drama despite reportedly hating Lumi even more than many of the others in the past, possibly because she was signed on with Idol by that point and didn't want to start shit. Anyway, it got resolved eventually, but the event was so ridiculous and drama filled that I had to join in the discussion for this. So, I was a registered lurker here for maybe 12 hours.

In my time here, I've been introduced to many new vtubers by you all and had many fun discussions with you all without the feeling of having to walk on eggshells and curb my language/sense of humor. I grew up browsing and posting on various different web forums, and I've always enjoyed them. It's sadly a dying medium being replaced with the likes of Reddit, Discord, etc, so it's nice to have a forum dedicated to something worth discussing without the shit regulations and cultures that places like Reddit and Discord spawn.

The forums have gone through some interesting times, but it's still definitely the best place to discuss vtubers and really most other things that get brought up here. Without it, I wouldn't be talking about vtubers with anyone because I'm not a Nolan tier autist looking for different communities to join to sperg about them. I look forward to spending 2024 doing much of the same with you lads and "ladies".
:kaelaapprob:

This year, I've become fans of many, many vtubers both newer and older I had never watched before, in big part due to these forums. Thanks to recommendations here, I've become a fan of vtubers like Patra, Miran, Ruki, Biboo, and others. I've also become a fan of many due to raids from other vtubers, like Miia, Leaflit, Peo, Clio, Marimari, Grimmi, etc.

Biboo became the first HoloEN member I started watching, and she's too great. I never watched HoloEN because when I first started watching vtubers, it was just clips of HoloJP. Back then, I never even watched livestreams because I hated scheduling my time around watching something. Tenma was actually the one that got me into watching EN vtubers (a bit ironic given when I started watching her, I know) and watching livestreams in general. So, I gravitated more toward her and Phase for EN vtubing. I have absolutely nothing against HoloEN. I just don't have the time to keep up with so many vtubers. I don't get to watch many that I already like. But that damn Biboo smile was just too great to ignore. Now I find myself haunted by her laugh and phrases like "Dang it!" or her "Deez nuts" jokes. She's just great.
:BijouBijou:

Another interesting things from this year is that I've become a much bigger fan of Flare. I had enjoyed her clips before, but this year I became a big fan of her. She's become one of my favorite Holomems. While Botan's laugh is still my favorite, I love Flare's laugh, and it never fails to make me laugh. I love a good laugh, and Flare's won me over. She's also very funny and her dynamic with her chat is very fun. I was incredibly happy seeing her finally hit 1mil.

As a Phasefag, it's been great seeing them have such a good year. Some of the members have had some ups and downs throughout the year, but aside for one termination that was handled relatively well, Phase had a great year, and the talents seem to be doing well. There were definitely some downers and concerning moments for some of them, like with Pippa, Lia, Airi, Uruka, and others, but things seem to be going well for most of them now. I haven't been actively watching Pippa for a bit, but she seems to be doing well, and she seemed really happy and upbeat in her recent off collab with Hina. Lia claims to be doing better, and she definitely sounds like it. Airi is still Airi, doing her best to deal with her real life stresses. And Uruka is getting better regarding her voice/throat issues from earlier this year. While there are definitely some downer moments with them and the others, everyone seems to be doing well and are happy with Phase. Phase has done a lot this year and has worked hard to prove that they are a serious company with a lot to offer. I look forward to seeing them reach new heights in 2024.

A bit cringe, but was interesting reflecting on this year regarding vtubing and these forums. Plus, it's a new year going forward, so I figure it's okay to be a bit cringe at the end.

Anyway, some less longwinded reflection: I'm sure I could post tons of clips and moments that I enjoyed over the year, but these two moments are probably my favorite of the year:

Tenma is a comedic genius and probably the funniest vtuber ever. She's so great. If it wasn't for Lumi existing, she would probably be my oshi.
:whatastory:

Tenma is the best Gremlin in the business, Bar none. Everyone else is just fighting for second place.

Negzana

Apparently Watame said Kaela is precious and wants to protect her. IDK when she said it in her NY stream, but best sheep first oshi love!

I wonder if anyone else here has their kamioshi's Kamioshi be an oshi for them too

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
Those madlads apparently 3d scanned mios karaage

Forget the hoshimatic project, this is the single best use of the multi million dollar studio by far.

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer

UberSoldat

IIRC he has shown interest in doing facecam streams as Kuro, I don't think he cares about vtubing as much anymore. Still a complete dumbass move on his part.

First Onolumi stream of the year

Last edited:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Why is Fubuki retweeting Kim Jong Un playing with legos?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
IIRC he has shown interest in doing facecam streams as Kuro, I don't think he cares about vtubing as much anymore. Still a complete dumbass move on his part.
damn bro starting his Nyanners arc before even leaving VSJ, he is getting that head start

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I'd argue this was one of my dumber posts... I do feel kinda bad that I slack on shilling my oshi like everyone else does, but I am admittedly too lazy to constantly share stuff which isn't relevant to people who aren't already fans of hers.
I feel like sharing that stuff is what turns it relevant. I think a decent amount of us like Nene but don't actively keep up with her. If you want to drop some info on what she's doing every now and then, that'd be neat. Like everything that goes in here, the people that don't care will skip past it and the people that are interested will appreciate it. It certainly doesn't have to be constant either, just whenever you feel like.

But I'm a fag that clearly likes to share what his oshis are up to so :botanshrug: Doesn't matter either way.

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
Guys Guys!!!!!
Subaru in the Sweater
GCgOxZEaoAAj-xN

Source

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Not going to lie, I fell for it:

Archive

Archive

Reminder that Miia is actually a really good artist:

Archive

Speaking of:

GCf1a-Yab-MAAm93k.jpg

GCf1a-Xlb-AAA6-Bj-W.jpg
Archive
:whatastory:

EDIT: Also, I forgot this:

That British dog, Lord Maulington, released his Lia video. An hour and fifteen minutes. Should be an interesting one:

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Wasn't this being discussed just a few days ago?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Seems to be LewdFauna aka Riifu aka DudeThatsLewd's agency yes,

Heres the full staff listing

And here is their roadmap and main site image

TL;DR

- Announcement today
- March 2024 Auditions open from the 1st to the 31st
- April Debut prep starts
- May they start looking for vtubers to sponsor watchalongs of debuts
- June their talents debut

More info

- Female only
- Previous experience in content creation
- Previous experience with whore content

Sign on/debut bonuses

- Production of Cover song on debut
- Purchause of equipment if needed on sign in
- Opportunity for a role in an NSFW game as VA
- Managers and behind the scenes editors

It also appears that their main form of distributing R18 content will be patreon since YT would be obviously verbotten for that content

Last edited:

Negzana

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

Runie monetization and new year's drinking game starting now.
This girl can't control her blab when sober.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Jacky_the_Frost asks a very pertinent question:
1231-225547.png

Now, will DTL cower before western morality? :smugselen:

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom