"I'm never gonna be white again am I?"IronMouse

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Happy new Year, and @Nenélove is a poser, Nenechi totally killed it in the SHUFFLE MEDLEY with her PolPol NENENENENENENENEN song, but 0 reaction from this fake husbando.
Should learn from @La+ de Central Norte who actually is happy about Lapchans great Do U performance!

Why is Kiara san drunk?:BijouBijou:

USS IOWA

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Simp

Why is Kiara san drunk?:BijouBijou:

I guess she blured the picture because it would show her location, she is at home with her friends celebrating new year. Not drunk on alcohol, maybe some energy drink.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
The only thing, the one thing I hold against Shiina is that she walked back on a promise. Doesn't matter what topic it is, or what it entails, you do not blueball your fans and supporters; you stick by your word and deliver, whatever hell may come.
I don't know how Shiina's donothon worked, but when Lia did hers, it was just listed as commissioning a NSFW skeb and then on a separate stream it was discussed what exactly it would entail. Did Shiina have the goal specifically listed as a mating press skeb?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Happy new Year, and @Nenélove is a poser, Nenechi totally killed it in the SHUFFLE MEDLEY with her PolPol NENENENENENENENEN song, but 0 reaction from this fake husbando.
Should learn from @La+ de Central Norte who actually is happy about Lapchans great Do U performance!
Sorry that I don't feel the need to shill and coom over my oshi like all of the other tardS here. Hey JOHN! Why dontcha' tell us how much you love Hexa again?! This lad here wants second helpings!

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

Someone said they wanted to see Ina's reaction to Marine in her outfit and I forget who and refuse to go back, but here's the clip from her karaoke stream.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
2024 will be a good year if the PonWolf can finally do this. I think a lot of people would celebrate this day.

Even though it's still hours away for me, Happy New Year all. Been a wild year with many highs and lows. Was feeling cringe and lame, so I wrote down some reflections regarding vtubing and this forum regarding 2023. I don't recommend reading because it's gay as hell, but here it is anyway:

I lurked without an account on these forums for months before registering. I think I started lurking here around October or November timeframe of 2022. Funny enough, even though I had also been an unregistered lurker of the Farms for years by that point, I didn't know this place was an offshoot of it initially. I actually found this website because of the description of a Pippa archive stream upload that said it was uploaded originally by Godzilla here, and I was curious what The Virtual Asylum was. I later found out about its origins and relation to the Farms. I decided to finally register on April 1st. Looking at my email, I registered at like 1am or something like that. Initially, I was planning on lurking for longer before starting to post. However, something happened later that day that got me to start posting here earlier than I was expecting.

I'm sure many remember that on April 1st, Lumi played a prank by skinwalking in the models of some of her former Cyberlive co-workers. This caused some of these members (Hylo, Yomi, and Emma) to publicly complain to Phase on Twitter about this while Lumi was still streaming because, as Hylo stated, Lumi and them are not on good terms. If I remember correctly, Lumi also used Menace's model, but Menace didn't get involved in the drama despite reportedly hating Lumi even more than many of the others in the past, possibly because she was signed on with Idol by that point and didn't want to start shit. Anyway, it got resolved eventually, but the event was so ridiculous and drama filled that I had to join in the discussion for this. So, I was a registered lurker here for maybe 12 hours.

In my time here, I've been introduced to many new vtubers by you all and had many fun discussions with you all without the feeling of having to walk on eggshells and curb my language/sense of humor. I grew up browsing and posting on various different web forums, and I've always enjoyed them. It's sadly a dying medium being replaced with the likes of Reddit, Discord, etc, so it's nice to have a forum dedicated to something worth discussing without the shit regulations and cultures that places like Reddit and Discord spawn.

The forums have gone through some interesting times, but it's still definitely the best place to discuss vtubers and really most other things that get brought up here. Without it, I wouldn't be talking about vtubers with anyone because I'm not a Nolan tier autist looking for different communities to join to sperg about them. I look forward to spending 2024 doing much of the same with you lads and "ladies".
:kaelaapprob:

This year, I've become fans of many, many vtubers both newer and older I had never watched before, in big part due to these forums. Thanks to recommendations here, I've become a fan of vtubers like Patra, Miran, Ruki, Biboo, and others. I've also become a fan of many due to raids from other vtubers, like Miia, Leaflit, Peo, Clio, Marimari, Grimmi, etc.

Biboo became the first HoloEN member I started watching, and she's too great. I never watched HoloEN because when I first started watching vtubers, it was just clips of HoloJP. Back then, I never even watched livestreams because I hated scheduling my time around watching something. Tenma was actually the one that got me into watching EN vtubers (a bit ironic given when I started watching her, I know) and watching livestreams in general. So, I gravitated more toward her and Phase for EN vtubing. I have absolutely nothing against HoloEN. I just don't have the time to keep up with so many vtubers. I don't get to watch many that I already like. But that damn Biboo smile was just too great to ignore. Now I find myself haunted by her laugh and phrases like "Dang it!" or her "Deez nuts" jokes. She's just great.
:BijouBijou:

Another interesting things from this year is that I've become a much bigger fan of Flare. I had enjoyed her clips before, but this year I became a big fan of her. She's become one of my favorite Holomems. While Botan's laugh is still my favorite, I love Flare's laugh, and it never fails to make me laugh. I love a good laugh, and Flare's won me over. She's also very funny and her dynamic with her chat is very fun. I was incredibly happy seeing her finally hit 1mil.

As a Phasefag, it's been great seeing them have such a good year. Some of the members have had some ups and downs throughout the year, but aside for one termination that was handled relatively well, Phase had a great year, and the talents seem to be doing well. There were definitely some downers and concerning moments for some of them, like with Pippa, Lia, Airi, Uruka, and others, but things seem to be going well for most of them now. I haven't been actively watching Pippa for a bit, but she seems to be doing well, and she seemed really happy and upbeat in her recent off collab with Hina. Lia claims to be doing better, and she definitely sounds like it. Airi is still Airi, doing her best to deal with her real life stresses. And Uruka is getting better regarding her voice/throat issues from earlier this year. While there are definitely some downer moments with them and the others, everyone seems to be doing well and are happy with Phase. Phase has done a lot this year and has worked hard to prove that they are a serious company with a lot to offer. I look forward to seeing them reach new heights in 2024.

A bit cringe, but was interesting reflecting on this year regarding vtubing and these forums. Plus, it's a new year going forward, so I figure it's okay to be a bit cringe at the end.

Anyway, some less longwinded reflection: I'm sure I could post tons of clips and moments that I enjoyed over the year, but these two moments are probably my favorite of the year:

Tenma is a comedic genius and probably the funniest vtuber ever. She's so great. If it wasn't for Lumi existing, she would probably be my oshi.
:whatastory:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Sorry that I don't feel the need to shill and coom over my oshi like all of the other tardS here. Hey JOHN! Why dontcha' tell us how much you love Hexa again?! This lad here wants second helpings!
I feel like I just read a reasonable, sensible well-thought answer. I think I have, but then I look at the poster name and my mind gets softlocked from the mismatch.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
The only thing, the one thing I hold against Shiina is that she walked back on a promise. Doesn't matter what topic it is, or what it entails, you do not blueball your fans and supporters; you stick by your word and deliver, whatever hell may come.
That's why a manager should have made it crystal clear it was a company choice to not release it and to not make another sexually explicit work. There's a lot of problems with the management side of the donothon rewards besides this too.
I don't know how Shiina's donothon worked, but when Lia did hers, it was just listed as commissioning a NSFW skeb and then on a separate stream it was discussed what exactly it would entail. Did Shiina have the goal specifically listed as a mating press skeb?
It was decided on stream shortly after the goal was met that it would be mating press, chat asked Shiina to pick IIRC. It was reiterated some time after when she discussed how embarrassing it was to write out the request and that management was with her (on discord?) when she wrote it, she showed the request. So, management was informed and okay with a mating press for a long time.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Didn't Shiina more or less release a mating press animation for members?

I dunno, my only issue with Shiina is that I can't "read" her. I like to try to figure out the person behind the avatar and with Shiina I feel like I am in the same spot I was in on minute 1 compared to hour 100

Koops

Someone said they wanted to see Ina's reaction to Marine in her outfit and I forget who and refuse to go back, but here's the clip from her karaoke stream.

Now we need a Spider-Bae edit.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Didn't Shiina more or less release a mating press animation for members?
It's not nude or showing pentation, but yeah it's like your POV is above her and it's implied.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I feel like I just read a reasonable, sensible well-thought answer. I think I have, but then I look at the poster name and my mind gets softlocked from the mismatch.
I'd argue this was one of my dumber posts... I do feel kinda bad that I slack on shilling my oshi like everyone else does, but I am admittedly too lazy to constantly share stuff which isn't relevant to people who aren't already fans of hers.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I'd argue this was one of my dumber posts... I do feel kinda bad that I slack on shilling my oshi like everyone else does, but I am admittedly too lazy to constantly share stuff which isn't relevant to people who aren't already fans of hers.

speak your truth, oomfie

Stunned But Dumb

It's not that big of a deal that you aren't always shilling one of the biggest members of one of the biggest corpos in the industry tbh. Especially as she is JP mostly and this is mostly an English(spanish) speaking space. I would go as far as to say just wearing your love for her on your sleeve as blatantly as you do (Your username and avatar) shows unique support. To anyone who interacts with you their first thought before getting to know you is "The Nene guy" even before reading your posts.

Just with you around I will sometimes remember to check on her channel when I wouldn't usually. I don't know, don't stress it is what I'm saying

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
New Years letter from Enna.

Clip tax. Enjoy the roast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom