"You want a decent following? Start creating stop tweeting"Mori Calliope

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
To add to this, it's well known that open relationships kill channel growth for more parasocial YouTubers, especially vtubers. For example, look at what happened to The Pink Cat. She's got a million followers and can barely get 2k ccv now and is regularly beaten by vtubers she shit on like Pippa when they're online. Hell, she is so irrelevant nowadays. She is barely brought up anymore and has kind of just been forgotten outside all of the fucked shit she's done in the past.
Screenshot-2023-12-28-225414.png

Bronze

Did Henya even get to collab with Nazuna by the way? My memory is garbage.
No they didn't. Henya showed interest but nothing came out of it.
Hexa is planning on changing her name starting next year.
Discord-Au-Uwivt-RXW.png
I was gonna joke about selling Hexa to Brave yesterday, but it seem she's one step ahead of me. :subaruclapping: Hope they treat you good

bothyourhouses

Do not be surprised when your answers to a questionnaire are reflected near perfectly in a new generation launched by some unknown start-up in 5 months time.
So this is my chance to have an agency create a tuber who panders to my exact desires? Brb making 50 sockpuppet accounts.

frz

I doubt vtubers being open about being in a relationship would stop those people. It might deter some of them, but there would still be a good amount hate watching. Their chats would just switch from "no men on stream please" to "You're too good for him" and things like that.
This happened to flesh streamers all the time btw. Disguisedtoast + xChocobars was an entire debacles featuring
- A stalking discord created by their own moderators/irl friends to detail whenver they go out and date (and this is the "supportive group")
- People writing multiple paragraphs every day on why xChocobars doesn't deserve Disguisedtoast in her DMs
(xChocobars is seen as a gold digger who keeps dating popular guy for clout)
They eventually broke up citing they should have never brought it online.

And not like vtubers didn't have shipping shit before, they all have to tone it down because fans gets too crazy. I think NijiJP leaned pretty heavy on it early on, I know there was KanaeBoshi, HenLisa, OreApo, don't know the ship name but Sara/ShibuyaHal was also popular and many more. They have an actual openly lesbian couple too called Crossick, but the fans scared them off from interacting online and most people thought the two broke up, until 3 months ago that they threw out some crumbs that they are still dating.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I used to not care about vtubers talking about significant others, but my stance has changed a bit. When a vtuber is "in character," then what sort of character are they? Turn on any anime series and see who the characters are. 98% of the time, whether male or female, they are young, attractive and single. Now it's not that nobody can ever try to work outside of those boundaries (I say as someone who has never pretended to not be a boomer), but that's what people expect from anime characters, and to a certain extent it's who your "competition," either vtubers or actual characters in anime, will be. So if you want to be a real anime character and not just a fleshtuber puppeting a model, you stick to the anime character norms and don't acknowledge you have a significant other.

All that being said, I hope that the performers of all vtubers, in real life, find long-lasting and fulfilling relationships with people who love them and treat them right and never acknowledge it on stream. So I don't think of myself as having a unicorn-ish take on this
See I don't really think it is necessary. Like for instance did having a boyfriend or husband matter to me personally in regard to like Fubuki, Mumei, Fauna etc no, absolutely not.

However we have seen people, men included, weaponize the idea of being single to use against their audience. Again not to go into another anti GFE rant. But say a Unicorn gets pissed at Kronii, Ame, Vesper and Magni over their collabs. They can go fuck themselves. However if a GFE streamer is outted as cucking everyone involved, that's on them. I'm not gonna gonna defend the Unicorns per say, but I'm not gonna condemn them as in that situation it's the streamer who dug their own grave.

Besides that shit is what those Onlyfans ho's are for. Like we don't need fake girlfriends, or fake therapists talking to a crowd of 100s.

Unicorns obviously will pop up everywhere but you should never pander or dare I say go out of your way to create them unless you are willing to deal with the consequences.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Re:AcT's Lisa Makoh is singing.

At 7PM JST, Usuwa Suu's last utawaku for the year.

Both will be performing tomorrow at Re:AcT's live event.

Rushia cut from Vhoshow.

to be fair that Voice Ore thing is doing things for her, so she might just be focusing on her VA work from now on
Interesting, yeah she's still part of Voice-Ore.

Sounds like Hibike Euphonium will have a new season so here's a clip from a Vtuber who was in an ensemble, Aizawa Ema the clarinet player.

This clipper also has clipped other wind instrument players, Asumi Sena (flute), and Shioriha Ruri (euphonium, also I am recommending her Blue Archive VOD from yesterday, her reaction to Amau Ako's momotalks was hilarious and she put the timestamp in the comments herself).

Neoporte's Itoi Toi and how "don't mind" becomes Japanese.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I used to not care about vtubers talking about significant others, but my stance has changed a bit. When a vtuber is "in character," then what sort of character are they? Turn on any anime series and see who the characters are. 98% of the time, whether male or female, they are young, attractive and single. Now it's not that nobody can ever try to work outside of those boundaries (I say as someone who has never pretended to not be a boomer), but that's what people expect from anime characters, and to a certain extent it's who your "competition," either vtubers or actual characters in anime, will be. So if you want to be a real anime character and not just a fleshtuber puppeting a model, you stick to the anime character norms and don't acknowledge you have a significant other.

All that being said, I hope that the performers of all vtubers, in real life, find long-lasting and fulfilling relationships with people who love them and treat them right and never acknowledge it on stream. So I don't think of myself as having a unicorn-ish take on this, though maybre you disagree.
This is pretty much what I was getting at, but worded much better. What I will stress is that it's much better to just be ambiguous about the relationship status by not addressing it at all rather than saying or implying they're single, because the shitshow when someone digs something up or you have a wontons moment is a hundred times worse if you've been lying to people.

The "I'm forever alone uwu" schtick is dumb in general, but it's especially retarded to play with fire like that when you actually have/have had a partner. I'm glad Shiina stopped doing that shit when she reincarnated.

Jealous

Lurker

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Topo Chico

Bronze

Purin's alt just posted something like "next chapter of life feels like a void of nothingness" then the account disappeared.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
To add to this, it's well known that open relationships kill channel growth for more parasocial YouTubers, especially vtubers. For example, look at what happened to The Pink Cat. She's got a million followers and can barely get 2k ccv now and is regularly beaten by vtubers she shit on like Pippa when they're online. Hell, she is so irrelevant nowadays. She is barely brought up anymore and has kind of just been forgotten outside all of the fucked shit she's done in the past.
Screenshot-2023-12-28-225414.png
Nyanners is interesting because she gets another massive dip in numbers as soon as she leaves Vshojo. She's streaming more often now than she was last year, but isn't even pulling half the average viewership she had. It's kind of crazy and goes to show the brand power being in a corp can give you that might be taken for granted, even if you're doing the same thing and operating in basically the same way outside it.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Purin's alt just posted something like "next chapter of life feels like a void of nothingness" then the account disappeared.

I just want her to be happy.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Tara talks about how the Honeys were harassed for being Nina Fans being a big factor in her leaving Niji

This is dumb. So fujos were hating on a cosplayer?

Who in their right fucking mind would ever make a genuine survey in a site dedicated to aloof and sarcastic shitposting? I hope this person is ready to get tons of joke answers. If they wanted data then they could've just taken john as a lab rat to experiment on, god knows none of us would miss his hexa ranting.

And look! He's already raring to go!
Honestly i would assume that this would be a good place to actually gather data, the only issue is the whole shitposting part. But where else would he go? Fucking /vt/?

Lap loves this purple creature because of his funny attacks: is this thing even strong?
Its kinda shit. Low mobility and relies too much on playing with angles to poke your oponent.

>Wing bored me

into the trash it goes
Wing is shit but the dude loves SD over it so either he was 5 years old when he watched this or he is brain dead.

Nyanners is interesting because she gets another massive dip in numbers as soon as she leaves Vshojo. She's streaming more often now than she was last year, but isn't even pulling half the average viewership she had. It's kind of crazy and goes to show the brand power being in a corp can give you that might be taken for granted, even if you're doing the same thing and operating in basically the same way outside it.
Doesnt help that she is also starting to do facecam streams more and more. I can assume that just like Kson, a strong core part of her audience dont care about 3D facecams.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
What about Silver and Veibae? How are their numbers impacted after leaving Vshojo?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Honestly i would assume that this would be a good place to actually gather data, the only issue is the whole shitposting part. But where else would he go? Fucking /vt/?
Reddit, there's a guy doing their pre-grad studies in there every couple months.

Speech To Text

I have to disagree with your points comparing them to popular anime characters. A lot of the big shows nowadays are romances where the characters are either already dating or in the process of getting together. It shouldn't be weird to think of an anime person with a significant other.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
>post shit
>people actually debate it

lmao

This is what happens when I say dumb shit. :SelenHAHAhere: I don't even actually believe it myself. Unicorns do need to BTFO, but I don't really care to hear about someone's relationships. The only ones I care about is my own, close friends and family. Unless it's funny. Otherwise, it's not my business. I just want anything that would make retards like that Babinski negroid to livestream their own hanging.

See I don't really think it is necessary. Like for instance did having a boyfriend or husband matter to me personally in regard to like Fubuki, Mumei, Fauna etc no, absolutely not.

Frankly I can't believe that a reasonably attractive 20-something year old woman has most likely had a sexual relationship before I could get the chance to convince her to become my one and only true love and give me her virginity. I will no longer pay her multiple times in $100 increments to notice my words on a screen, and she will know what it is she lost that day she betrayed my trust years before I ever knew who she was!

I've seen more clips of Aethel I find passably amusing where Nyan might as well not even exist. Why watch her be a nothing when you can clearly contribute to the channel of the one pulling the weight of, well, I would have said two people if Nyan were a whole person but she barely counts as half, which is truly sad when even your average @Short is worth 3/5.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I've never been more inclined to believe that publicly acknowledged romantic relationships among corporate vtubers should be normalized. The biggest roadblock to this being realized is the fact that most vtuber women are such social rejects, shut-ins, mentally ill (derogatory), mentally ill (affectionate), fat or otherwise undesirable. Picture a world without unicorns, where chat wasn't flooded with hundreds of touchless queer-adjacent incels rubbing their balls to the anime girl on the screen, thinking "When I send this $2 superchat with my super witty one liner she will ABSOLUTELY want to slob my knob!". Why I dare say that if all unicorns were to be instantly snapped into dust by some Russonian apocalyptic magic glove, you would find even Gura's chat would be comprised of 10 users.
Serious response now: if I was a streamer, I wouldn't want to publicize a relationship if I had one. Would you want hundreds or thousands of people giving every single interaction with your boyfriend the meanest and most uncharitable interpretation possible, constantly saying they're not good enough for you, creating reams of rrats about the status of your relationship with them or any other male you've interacted with even once on Twitter, or saying that you should be with someone else instead? Far better to just not bring up relationships and dodge all of that crap entirely.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
It depends. Silver is doing fine, but Vei also had a massive dip though is faring much better than Naynners at the moment. Then again, silver still has the gooners, so it's a given she's still doing alright, given what was brought up previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom