"Go to the church and ask God to forgive you!"Abigail

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Anyone could've looked at Not-Pippa's Twitter back before she was hired and barely have to scroll to see the debates she'd start with her outspoken personality. It was a lot of fun back then to see people come at her for her takes and how well she'd handle it. But, if Fish didn't want chaos, no one must've looked at her Twitter
You're giving fish and phase too much credit, back then phase was a no name corpo just starting because some chink threw a bunch of money at his own personal Holo, none of this success was planned, it was luck and then talent and good management before it imploded like so many other small corpos.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

I just saw this and thinking about it could you imagine a mod looking at....a certain someone's chat history? I would actually feel sorry for the mod. Might also cause more chat bans to happen.

Im dumb, this is limited to channel only... Right?

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer

I just saw this and thinking about it could you imagine a mod looking at....a certain someone's chat history? I would actually feel sorry for the mod. Might also cause more chat bans to happen.

Well imagine my shock, YouTube finally trying to catch up with some of Twitch's moderation facilities instead of being so limited.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
A
I used to be a huge Phase fan ( still am, but I mean moreso in regards to wanting to go corporate ) and it was my dream corpo because it felt so cool to see a company who let western talents join and be themselves. Once I started gaming with Fishman and learning from the mods n' stuff in the early PC day voice calls, it became clear that Fish never wanted that kinda culture. He's been trying to wrangle everyone, but he should just fucking chill out and see he has something that works and be grateful for it. Not to mention when I was in the final selection for gen 2 the shit they told me.
Yeah, it's well-known that the reason the company didn't collapse in year 1 was because he stepped back and hired someone else to deal with it. like it or not, it is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best business decision he ever made.

Smegmar

Sarcastic Asshole
Good thing Megumi is launching a "corpo" larp in February then.
Its just been a little worrisome because the person I was planning it with dropped so I'm kinda scrambling right now and feeling the pressure. We will see what the future holds.

Smegmar

Sarcastic Asshole
ALSO SORRY FOR TALKING HERE SO MUCH TODAY I've been bed ridden for almost a week now so I'm just trying to pass the time :beatanicrying:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Because he never wanted Phase to be known for the "sad girls", he just wanted a cookie cutter idol company but ended up with the opposite.

Yet it's what sticks to them. Even if he bans edgy stuff like the CWC reactions, fans are not interested in another Hololive or Nijisanji clone.
I'm not sure Fishman can afford to try and switch tracks, the formula he's stumbled into produces CCVs that border on Niji levels and CCV/member CCV/sub ratios that are a lot stronger than industry norms. The Yabbit is the main tentpole of the circus, and trying to replace her would be incredibly risky.

frz

Because he never wanted Phase to be known for the "sad girls", he just wanted a cookie cutter idol company but ended up with the opposite.

Yet it's what sticks to them. Even if he bans edgy stuff like the CWC reactions, fans are not interested in another Hololive or Nijisanji clone. You can easily see why he won't push it - worried about losing sponsors or collab opportunities because of stuff that certain talent have said in the past. If they wanted people like Kirsche or Megumi or whatever (even Nyaru since she's an indie now), they'd have been hired by now, invaders or fresh faces.

Wonder who he will hire next time for Invaders when the time comes, more Tsunderia dropouts or perhaps something else?

Fishman talked about auditions on the previous Q&A stream that phase will specifically looks for whom they need rather than who's the best interviewer on gen 2 and gen 3. Gen 1 happened because he didnt know what he was doing.
So for new talents, dont expect another Lia/Pippa but look at what they lack. I dont actually watch them to know if they have a powerhouse singer or a dedicated loli yet. If they havent then those would be good potential to rrat on.
Also doesnt all tsunderia dropouts find a new home already.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Fuck sake I want to see my chat history. I can't remember half the shit I say I need to know just in case someone tries to kill me one of these days

Fishman talked about auditions on the previous Q&A stream that phase will specifically looks for whom they need rather than who's the best interviewer on gen 2 and gen 3. Gen 1 happened because he didnt know what he was doing.
So for new talents, dont expect another Lia/Pippa but look at what they lack. I dont actually watch them to know if they have a powerhouse singer or a dedicated loli yet.

Rule 1

Be Asian

(have they hired a non Asian since Lumi lol)

Don't apologize for actively contributing. Just be careful this place is full of weirdos and you're a confirmed biological woman.

smartestkidontheshortbus

ALSO SORRY FOR TALKING HERE SO MUCH TODAY I've been bed ridden for almost a week now so I'm just trying to pass the time :beatanicrying:
Don't apologize for actively contributing. Just be careful this place is full of weirdos and you're a confirmed biological woman.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Today Is totally no Ollie's birthday
https://m.twitch.tv/depravedsuu
20231221_225035.jpg

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
We don't mind you talking, just try not to post twice in a row (doubleposting) you can edit your posts.

Bronze

So for new talents, dont expect another Lia/Pippa but look at what they lack. I dont actually watch them to know if they have a powerhouse singer or a dedicated loli yet.

They might have gotten a powerhouse singer just now. Gen 3 seems to be picked with phase music in mind, at least to me. At the very least they sure can sing.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I dont actually watch them to know if they have a powerhouse singer or a dedicated loli yet.
im pretty sure Muyu and Eimi fill the loli and singer slots respectively so you're on the money on them hiring what they still lack

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Its just been a little worrisome because the person I was planning it with dropped so I'm kinda scrambling right now and feeling the pressure. We will see what the future holds.
Well if it doesn't work at least it removes the barrier of you applying to a corpo again. Good luck in your ambitions.
One of them (Hanabi) plus another who was going to be in Gen 4 (Maria) were going to end up in AkioAIR before it imploded. There are still plenty of Tsunderia girls ready to be poached, if they want it that is, some prefer being indie, others would happily jump on the opportunity if asked.

Anime Fan

Uruka streaming before going on break for Christmas.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
This is tangentially related tl what nenelove posted above, so I won't quote or tag them.

I've been on the Phase train since they were first shilled in the homeland, and I've felt that feeling of "I wish they'd stop growing" twice, once with pippa and once more with another talent.
The VTA ads +Euphoria debuts might be the catalyst for another spurt of growth. And Im honestly kinda torn about it.

I've rewritten this paragraph 3 times. I know the girls also wanna chase that high of Idol-like success and big numbers (like fishman does). But, I know this is selfish from my part, I feel that kind of growth is overrated. Maybe I'm wrong, and they will get relegated to obscurity by new competitors if they don't pursue constant growth.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I'm like that one very pleasant guy in the office who always seems to have his stuff together, but you secretly wonder if he has a basement filled with women skin suits cause there has to be something wrong with him.

My friend, you are a married man with a child. Who spends time on the internet moderating a vtuber forum.

WE are what is wrong with you.

Top Bottom