"I'd rather cut my dick off and throw it into the tall grass!"Noir Vesper

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I never really watched them much before but now that their exposure has exploded thanks to Holo, jesus fuck that actual retard that shut them down. Imagine having them in your hands and you squander it. I hope he's disemboweling himself in shame seeing now what he's lost.
Heh, I'd pay to see what the whoreson nip suit(s) thinks of the pile of gold they just threw into the garbage for no reason and which wasn't costing them anything.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
I never really watched them much before but now that their exposure has exploded thanks to Holo, jesus fuck that actual retard that shut them down. Imagine having them in your hands and you squander it. I hope he's disemboweling himself in shame seeing now what he's lost.

And they were inclining before he pulled the project. Their graduation stream got $4000+ in superchats. Well, they're in a better place right now while earning more and having a chance to interact with their idols. It all worked out in the end.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

RiverBear

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
is this one of the biggest vtubing fumbles so far or what would be bigger, MyHolo with Bae, Upd8 (?) with Okayu/Korone?
Nijisanji with Luna is another to add. Given the growth rate of FuwaMoco, they will likely be the biggest in the end, going by sub numbers. Though, Mysta and Pikamee are up there, too.

That being said, I don't think MangaGamer has the reach to ever have grown them any more than they did.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Nijisanji with Luna is another to add. Given the growth rate of FuwaMoco, they will likely be the biggest in the end, going by sub numbers. Though, Mysta and Pikamee are up there, too.

That being said, I don't think MangaGamer has the reach to ever have grown them any more than they did.
Mysta and Pikamee were already massively popular, FuwaMoco was more like taking a lump of raw coal and compressing it into diamonds via sheer brand power.

Nigel Nigerman

is this one of the biggest vtubing fumbles so far or what would be bigger, MyHolo with Bae, Upd8 (?) with Okayu/Korone?

IMHO, GGN was sitting on a goldmine with the twins. If I recall correctly, they were getting into 3-view territory when the project got axed. Their manager were planning all sorts of stuffs to capitalize on their popularity but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

For the others, Bae was miscast on MyHolo (her voice was cringe and not natural compared to Council/Promise) same with Okayu and Korone where they just played with games all the time and their models was shit. Still, this was very early in their vtubing careers so ofcourse it isn't as comparable to now.

The biggest corpo fuckup for me is Polka when she was Nobuhime Oda. She was getting popular with her covers gaining a million views (though I don't know if this was before or after she went to Holo) and has an INFAMOUS mochi eating ASMR video. Not surprised she graduated because her previous corpo was Upd8, known for major fuckups and mismanagement.

Hey @The Proctor @Godzilla1984 and Murray, how about doing a corpo fuckup tierlist?

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I wouldn't be so vengeful, my understanding is that the guy's main focus is to sell and promote his visual novel games. The GGN twin vtubers were an advertising side project. He was never going to be able to give them mainstream exposure, concerts and big events. The gig was a stepping stone for them and did that very well, there is a reason why the GGN twins were everyone first guess when we saw the Advent promo vid and saw twin doggos. I saw them on the r/virturalyoutubers subreddit often , same as Randon. They were local heroes. The twins got their names out there in the community.

I'm just curious why Holo, Niji or the other small EN corpos didn't pick them up earlier, there are clips of them saying that they've applied multiple times to diff agencies both together and separately. They've obviously come in with a plan and some sorely-needed discipline and are fucking killing it. Their voices filter me hard so I can only watch them in collabs, but you have to give them props for their success. They've worked for it.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I'm just curious why Holo, Niji or the other small EN corpos didn't pick them up earlier, there are clips of them saying that they've applied multiple times to diff agencies both together and separately. They've obviously come in with a plan and some sorely-needed discipline.
I like to think talents say that so people don't complain their application got rejected because they chose to scout actually good people instead, like with vshitshow and their open auditions that are pretty much fake, they want people to think/know they have a chance based on their talents or resume and not just previous presence on the streaming/content creation side of things.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Damn I know she eats a lot but calling her a dog is a bit far

Wait
Don't bulli my sadgirl arquitecture thesis :pippasadl:
IMHO, GGN was sitting on a goldmine with the twins. If I recall correctly, they were getting into 3-view territory when the project got axed. Their manager were planning all sorts of stuffs to capitalize on their popularity but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

For the others, Bae was miscast on MyHolo (her voice was cringe and not natural compared to Council/Promise) same with Okayu and Korone where they just played with games all the time and their models was shit. Still, this was very early in their vtubing careers so ofcourse it isn't as comparable to now.

The biggest corpo fuckup for me is Polka when she was Nobuhime Oda. She was getting popular with her covers gaining a million views (though I don't know if this was before or after she went to Holo) and has an INFAMOUS mochi eating ASMR video. Not surprised she graduated because her previous corpo was Upd8, known for major fuckups and mismanagement.
Can I ask what happened in that Mochi ASMR? Did she like choke or something?

I'm not up to date on my Polka lore despite her being one of my JP faves.

Nigel Nigerman

I wouldn't be so vengeful, my understanding is that the guy's main focus is to sell and promote his visual novel games. The GGN twin vtubers were an advertising side project. He was never going to be able to give them big exposure, concerts and big events. The gig was a stepping stone and did that very well, there is a reason why the GGN twins were everyone first guess when we saw the Advent promo vid and saw twin doggos.

I'm just curious why Holo, Niji or the other small EN corpos didn't pick them up earlier, there are clips of them saying that they've applied multiple times to diff agencies both together and separately. They've obviously come in with a plan and some sorely-needed discipline.

AFAIK their first foray into vtubing was GGN. It was there where they worked on their streams and on-screen personas. If you watched their first GGN stream and compared it to their graduation one, they really changed their tone of voice which is much closer to the FuwaMoco one. They also got comfortable with streaming as time went on so it was an easy hire for Cover when they graduated from GGN. Them being twins was a huge bonus because of its novelty but their strength is their vtubing experience and idol autism.

Tangent: what do you call a company which has always gotten a homerun whem they acquire talents? I mean, from this point on it's not just luck because how can you be Goddamn lucky 20+ fucking times on getting great vtuber talents. With the JP powerhouse of Pekora, Suisei, Marine, Miko and Aqua; EN standouts Myth and ID's Kobo it seems Yagoo is using black magic when he sees talents. You can argue about Re/Gloss not hitting the same metrics as the previous gen (HoloX) but their target audience is much different. Same with Stars.

Type "Nobuhime dango" in YT. You'll find out why it's infamous.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Don't bulli my sadgirl arquitecture thesis :pippasadl:

Dunno about that, but it gives me an excuse to track down the dango clip

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Might be late but Sayu uploaded more of her subathon vods and apparently she played Plate-Up with Not-Altare

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Fox shall not be dismayed, her autism burns too brightly for that. Respect :shubaIapprob:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Fox shall not be dismayed, her autism burns too brightly for that. Respect :shubaIapprob:

Why exactly does she care so much about getting a collab with like the 3rd best mouse manufacturer?

USS IOWA

Dunno about that, but it gives me an excuse to track down the dango clip

Who is that cute girl and what is the number of her detective agency?

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

Just give her all those useless Gura subs that are sitting around now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom