"Aaaahh, fuuuuck... the pain of being European"Takanashi Kiara

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Well actually, vtubing was created by New Line Cinema when Smeagol appeared in The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Smeagol's roommate was Andy Serkis, and he debuted in December, 2001, and graduated in December, 2003 in a global graduation stream release called The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Smeagol reincarnated shortly under new management in 2012 in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, but ended up on indefinite hiatus as his company released new gens in 2013 and 2014. This proves that big corpo from Hollywood created vtubing, a uniquely American phenomenon for ten full years until Ami Yamato.

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Indie internal pngtuber expresses opinion after admitting not having much knowledge: assorted VTA members seethe.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Anyway, what I came to the end of this god forsaken wasteland of a thread to post was this:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
TBH when it comes to Hololive they choose the best or most promising in the industry so none of them really can be D/F tier, at worst they are average or middle of the road to me. From the little I know my least favorite is most likely Matsuri but even there I don't feel she's ever done anything to warrant D/F tier.
Kaela is pretty F-
*Nenelove had his brains turned to mush by a hammer*

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Indie internal pngtuber expresses opinion after admitting not having much knowledge: assorted VTA members seethe.
Yea, he must die and his soil must get salted after slighting Botan. Unironically.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I fucking hate the fact that Holo EN talents mostly stream so late these days

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I fucking hate the fact that Holo EN talents mostly stream so late these days

Kiara and Bae are my only hope in the sea of PST streams. Fucking IRyS pushed her fucking streams BACK an hour when daylight savings ended.

But hey, at least they are streaming.

Edit: it is refreshing to watch Ame in this MSI sponsorship as she at least mostly knows what the fuck she is talking about with computer tech.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Stories of various Hololive/Stars member struggling to make ends meet and doing stuff like living off beansprouts makes me think that whatever stipend or salary Cover pays was not enough to live off of. Indies judging corpo vtubers by their success now and dismissing them for having the audacity to be sad when their job is not going well because "2 views have it worse" is a dumb take. That's like telling people to stop complaining about food because there are kids starving in Africa.

As an indie, there is only small circle of people that might judge you for your numbers. As a corpo, you potentially have the entire viewer base of other talents and staff judging your numbers. So yes, corpo vtubers need to pay close attention to numbers because ultimately they are competing amongst their peers for things like project funding and studio rental etc, not Jane Vtuber who has been at 20 ccv for 3 years.
The way Holostars was introduced back then gets them the most flack because the majority of hololive fanbases were pissy-ass unicorns, that and how the marketing team for them back then was just non-existent
There's a reason why many fans recommend this clip to anyone who wants to know more about the stars, yes their condition used to be that bad and it took them years to get the recognition like nowadays. It's a prime example that corpo branding won't always guarantee success if the corpo itself doesn't give you enough attention, ultimately I think a combination of good promotion and fun/unique personality is what saved them in the end (and hopefully for a long time to come)

Oga doesn't count, he is a Fruitbat Factory dev and does it as a side thing basically (and to groom holos into voice-acting for Orange Juice).
Correction for this: He co-owned the circle orangejuice (as main illustrator) who made several games that fruitbat localize, not that he's working under fruitbat

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Incase there wasn't enough BPD and ecstasy in this sphere

Edit:

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
$170?

I'm saving up for the Watame concert tickets but wow this going to be brutal on my wallet

Can't wait to see Kaela. Also can't wait to see talents like Suisei, Aki, Moona, and Risu blow it away again. Especially excited for Lui to probably do Fools Fools
I was going to watch the Watame one and possibly stream it on Kirsche's Discord like I did with the EN Concert. $170 is a pretty fucking hefty price. I might just do the main stage for the 2 days.

Notes from Lia's 100k celebration stream:
  • After she comes back from Japan there's going to be another project she's really excited about but can't tell us about yet
  • At one point her stream was suddenly interrupted for a few minutes because she had to take care of something but she wouldn't tell us what yet. She went right back to continuing what she was talking about so I don't think it was a management bonk. (Wild rrat: Her baby started crying so she had to give her a bottle and rock her back to sleep)
A bit about the "secret project" I asked in chat if it was an offcollab and she said it was. She also mentioned that it is something that she has wanted to do since she first became a Vtuber. I guess it might be related to a collab with members from one of the big 2 corpos or possibly a full Phase Connect off-collab (possibly just meeting Gen 1). From what I remember Nasa, Michiru, Tenma, and Pippa have not met up with the other girls.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

RiverBear

Kaela is pretty F-
*Nenelove had his brains turned to mush by a hammer*
All of HoloIDs are F tier

Except Anya's tits.
They get an A from me

The Peanut Gallery