"Our CEO is god!"Utatane Nasa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
Castella is live

And koragi, a dog vtuber, plays some Animal Crossing

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
With pokemon fans you just know
Screenshot_20231123_205129_X.jpg

soap suds

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

soap suds

Holy fucking shit a love live karaoke
Yep. She’s really happy she can do one. Maria is also doing one, but it’s later on.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Yep. She’s really happy she can do one. Maria is also doing one, but it’s later on.

You love to see it when your school idol brain gets into vtubers even for just a little bit

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Holy shit she's trying to do it at double speed to cut down the length and doing fairly decent
Eimi the Hamster phase girl is in chat spamming fire emojis

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

"PSP and other recent"

:holohag::hololove:

I would be mighty thankful if the fuckers responsible for her being away from her family today are having a really shitty Thanksgiving day. Fuck them.

Bug Eater

The 4 heavenly kings era was heavily dominated by utaite/shorts/skits/asmr/zatsu. What really marked the new era was the transition into a game streaming culture (and also why the 4 heavenly kings got left behind).
To beat a dead horse into the ground, I think that the 4 heavenly kings era also denotes a time before corpos really took hold of the market - while they each may have belonged to a company in some sense, I don't think you could attribute that to their success in the same way that you could with the current big names like Pekora, Kuzuha, etc. With the way things are now I feel like you're looking at Holo, Niji, Brave Group, Nanashiinku, VShojo (maybe...) ahead of any individual vtuber.

A kino Rosmei karaoke is happening soon.

She's so bad at singing bros, it's perfect.

Maybe this is another reason why these early corpos are all but fucking irrelevant nowadays, without any brand loyalty people just abandoned them when they stopped caring about that specific oshi, a casual Holo fan is much more likely to stick around and switch to watching other talents in Holo because of the insane amount of cross-promotion and brand loyalty.
Yeah I agree, I didn't get into vtubers until Holo Gen 4 but it's hard to imagine people talking about Kizuna and Kaguya Luna (for example) in the same way that people talk about Holosexuals and Niji African Americans now.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
To beat a dead horse into the ground, I think that the 4 heavenly kings era also denotes a time before corpos really took hold of the market - while they each may have belonged to a company in some sense, I don't think you could attribute that to their success in the same way that you could with the current big names like Pekora, Kuzuha, etc. With the way things are now I feel like you're looking at Holo, Niji, Brave Group, Nanashiinku, VShojo (maybe...) ahead of any individual vtuber.
The kings were much more alike indies than corpo chuubas, there was little sense of a brand identity in that era and the corpos that owned them didn't release huge waves of talents all at once or organize events and concerts with their logo plastered all over it. Kizuna was always just Kizuna, while most Holos and Nijis are inseparable from the company they belong to. Maybe this is another reason why these early corpos are all but fucking irrelevant nowadays, without any brand loyalty people just abandoned them when they stopped caring about that specific oshi, a casual Holo fan is much more likely to stick around and switch to watching other talents in Holo because of the insane amount of cross-promotion and brand loyalty.

In a broader sense this also signifies changes in the broader community, I'd like to believe that back then everyone was a "Vtuber fan", now people are "Hololive fans" or "Nijisanji fans" or "Vshojo fans", the industry has grown into serious fragmentation and a general sense of dislike between different groups. Indies vs Corpos, Nips vs Overseas, Idoru vs Freedom, Small corps vs Big corps. I think kirsche said it pretty well when she was talking to that logcast moron, there is no real "Vtuber Community" even if I myself like to throw that term around, there is a faint sense of unity in certain things but it's undeniable that this hobby is not some big happy family.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Vivi doing the 100 jumps challenge on Super Mario RPG.

vivimario.jpeg

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
View attachment 57224

Is hilarious how she has a streaming overlay specifically for playing Megaman
And yet she still uses the in-game smoothing filter...

Anyway, IRyS will be playing Armored Core 6 (please God let this be the last one):

And Mumei will do an unarchived karaoke sometime tonight (will be delayed, she's doing superchat reading right now and needs to eat and warmup before the karaoke):

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Okay for context, this is all I know about Rei coming into today. This extremely unhinged tweet from the summer that made rounds.
View attachment 57096
While watching a bunch of other vtuber clips, this popped in my recommended:

There's degeneracy...then there's this demonic rambling that gets progressively more cursed. Jesus christ.

She's such an honest to goodness entertainer in a cesspool of unfunny pretenders who jump on trends. Not many streamers will put such genuine passion into what they are doing like she does!
Rie shares with us the trials of many a man

Why are women like this? Just pick a piece of clothing and get on with your life!

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom