"Because I told them I also accidentally made, uh, two gases of chemical warfare by accident. By complete accident! I was just trying to clean up blood, guys!"Shiori Novella

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
This isn't the attitude of someone that wants to groom a tangent fox can have and be successful at their goal.

I'm sure we have multiple talented and not at all schizophrenic individuals that could assist in running a vtuber recovery clinic. We're an asylum, how hard can it be to find staff? :smugpipi:
I feel like this is my calling, I keep getting told I have a face for radio! :subaruclapping:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Not that you're wrong but Islam venerates an incestuous rapist so I don't know if Sharia will work
I meant sharia as in the amount of abuse and rape they would experience would make them drop this romantic idea of such fetishes. European women are gonna straighten up real fast once they eventually get sharia law :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Ember has a collab with Airi, Panko, Tenma, Lumi and Shiina in six hours. Any collab with six PC girls involved sounds like a great time to me.

what a fucking lineup too bad they decided to add 2 deadweights:ironmousekek:

God's Strongest Dragoon

NobodyImportant

Seems Kiara got one guy'd about something. I mean I get it, but this is literally how the cosplay world works.

Seems like it's one parasocial guy'd. Anyone have an idea of who she would be referring to?

Lurker McSpic

Okay, I think you're wrong and I don't see two deadweights, but I'll bite. Ember, Airi, Panko, Tenma, Lumi and Shiina - which two would you drop from the collab?
Come on I've been posting regularly and you don't know who should be dropped? :botanheadshake: Dizzy and shiina. I don't know where did you get lumi but I find hilarious that you didn't mention dizzy and she's in the thumbnail :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
@Todd's Mistake training the new talents so they don't disappoint him playing Hitman

Sitting in call, live backseating their choices until they break and become professionals. The day they pass is the day I fall dead from poisoned coffee, without ever being suspicious, and that's how I know I've done well.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
774inc's Touri Sei got to 22222 subs so she's streaming to Nya 22222 times.

AZKi joining Flare, Polka, and Fubuki playing the game of life.

Ruri-nee is suspected of being a taimanin.

And Kaga Sumire's reverse totsu section with Inui Toko.

Furen will go menhera if she listens to the conversation.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
This woman is on more copium than I ever thought it was possible for a single person to be imbibing in one go.

I'm curious though; is there an inciting incident or well-established, reasonably verifiable/plausible explanation for why ID is collapsing the way it is? I've never watched any of them aside from some Mika clips, so I'm not exactly informed.
It's been an ongoing process and the timing is almost 100% related simply to the timing of their contracts running out, not anything actually happening
TL;DR - right as the ID branch started to get momentum in Indonesia, participating in events, getting merch, establishing connections, Nijisanji decided they are not making enough and not quick enough money, canned the whole thing, merged them into JP branch, leaving them with nothing but a skeleton crew in terms of support and deploying the classic JP tactic "we will not fire you, but we will make your life miserable so you leave on your own"

Also ID really liked their management (as absurd as it sounds) and thought they were putting 200% into making sure it's a success, despite Hana's best efforts. They had nothing but good things to say about them and losing all of this support in exchange for nothing but a spit in the face must've been a horrible experience.
Nah it wasn't absurd at all, because here's the thing, there was 2 parts of management running NijiID, 1st are the local staffs which back then were envied in wider ID vtubing community because they were the ones who carried NijiID by holding events and sealing those deals you've mentioned, so no wonder livers and even fans loved them, and the Tokyo-based ones which to my knowledge aren't as good as local ones yet were more trusted by anycolor to oversees them following the merge somehow
What Limkin and Azimov said is pretty much correct. Both the talents and the ID fans really like the local/Indonesian staff and managements because local people knows the local stuff better than the aloof and far-away overseas management. With the staff keeping constant communications within social media (example: they knew well that most Indo people prefers Facebook more than Twitter, so they are more active there), it creates a more close-knit like relationship of sort between Niji ID, its management and the fans.

To reiterate what Limkin mentioned, around 2019 or so, NijiID was able to gain some momentum, yes. They debuted before Hololive even consider ID as potential branch and while ID vtuber markets at the time leans toward Hololive's JP stars, Niji ID's existence is able to showcase that 'yes, they can be in your local language and they can be like you', or something like that that endeared to the fledgling ID vtuber audience (To elaborate: I saw how they introduced the 2nd wave on a small convention with many people excited about it, especially since they did it as part of the main stage event as well alongside things like idol singing or cosplay competitons). This also means that with local staff/management help, they are able to reach and make connections to the local entertainment scene, in particular its weeb markets, allowing them to be at least a popular choice for say, weeb event guest stars or conventions guest stars. This allows them to get more rapport, more sponsorships (to the point that they have a Nijisanji ID sponsorship with a chinese/indo phone company at one point, with actual NijiID themed phone for sale), and more popularity with the local scene in general.

It also helps that the staff's local knowledge with ID culture and market means that they are able to try using other momentum to gain their audience. Like say, utilizing Islamic holy month to have special show before end of fasting, for example. It might not be much, but it does leave a nice impression toward local audience and loyal ID fans.

Honestly no one really knows what make them unable to seize the momentum to keep themselves afloat, but I guess that with the issue of COVID causing a bit of economical instability (ID not exactly first world country pls understand) and that the pandemic leads to loss of potential event appearances, big name events cancelled and other things in ID for like, two years or so (2020 to 2021/2022), might've lead to main Nijisanji to realize that it's a sinking ship and to just abandon it.

Them being folded to JP means that everything that the local management is either stalled or essentially fucked right there and then. Other than their plans for 7th wave, we might never know what exactly they planned, and the skeleton crew being left to handle it might not even have the capacity to do all those stuff they've done before, leading to stagnations.

And that's what's we have currently right now.

I've also heard that they were completely fine with the small numbers they were pulling. They enjoyed the the small but loyal fanbase they have cultivated. Obviously, the top Niji management wasn't fond of that.
The general feel that I can imagine is that they really just having fun with the gig without thinking of it as their primary work or something close to it. They also are former utaites or small scale content creator that doesn't really mind having small audience, so it really is non-issue for them.

Not to mention that, assuming the PL stuff is correct, some of them do have jobs and etcetra (Taka PL's a manager, Etna's PL is a idol in a local small idol group, Xia's PL a small time local musician, for example) so not having to worry about big numbers is fine and dandy. Heck, considering who close they are both during and after their time in Nijisanji ID, I say that they treated this more as workplace family and will continue to keep in contact for as long as they could.

But yes, in the eyes of main Nijisanji management, their laisz-faire attitude toward this might've been the reason as well. Especially if they've been keeping an eye out of Hololive ID and how they managed to gain so much big number over 2020-2021 with their 2nd wave debut, constant collab with their JP branch (Niji ID rarely have chance to collab with their JP senpais, though this is mostly due to language barrier), and that ID scene starts to like Hololive better than Nijisanji (at least imo). It might've been the final nail in the coffin for them to be like "welp, the money didn't roll in, y'all gonna get folded to JP now. It's only business."

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Seems like it's one parasocial guy'd. Anyone have an idea of who she would be referring to?

Continued

Screenshot_20231021_094632_X.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

Sitting in call, live backseating their choices until they break and become professionals. The day they pass is the day I fall dead from poisoned coffee, without ever being suspicious, and that's how I know I've done well.

Ah, the true Sith approach.

Tubedude

Oh boy. I wonder who the next EN will be. I wish she went to Vshojo but I have a feeling she will go back to being Indie. I feel like Vshojo won't fill up their roster too much especially now that they have replaced the 3 that left. Mika had less than 2k subs when she joined Niji which is pretty impressive. Glad of how far she got and I just hope she doesn't just disappear (doubt she will).
Mika explains her reasoning a bit here:

Basically would not be able to achieve her goals with how Niji Ex-ID was being run. Seeing as the reason for her leaving is unmet goals I could very easily see her trying to jump into Vshojo since there's precedence of Vtubers being able to finally achieve some goals they've had for a while a la Henya.

I'm like 90% sure Mori seeks out these collaboration opportunities herself or at least has the record label do it on her behalf; she's good with networking and seems more likely to put herself out there than someone like Gura who gives big shut-in energy.

I don't think we're gonna get an official answer for why Gura's not streaming, but at this point there are more pages dedicated to this timeloop than there are days off in her stream schedule. I don't doubt it's bothering people behind the scenes, but when literally all they need to do is plonk her in the odd concert here and there then collect the merch revenue I'd assume they're hesitant to risk rocking the boat by making a thing of it.
Gura's whole career on the internet has just been weeb woman made content at the right time and place, and stumbled into success. Further she's always been a bit of a ghost on socials.

Mori actively pursued her career and even moved to Japan from bumfuck wherever US to do so. Mori also actively uses social media.

Mori has all the reason and drive to keep doing shit since she worked for success and finally found it, Gura stumbled into it, and probably has more than she cares to have.

Western bitches need a couple decades of sharia law to cease this retarded love of actual harmful fetishes. The amount of bitches who are into rape and incest is way too high. And this comes from a degen but I at least keep it private.
I meant sharia as in the amount of abuse and rape they would experience would make them drop this romantic idea of such fetishes. European women are gonna straighten up real fast once they eventually get sharia law :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Was going to say that Sharia probably wouldn't help cure incest fetishes since a fair few Islamic countries have an inbreeding problem, but if that's the angle you're taking; Coin-flip of it straightening them out versus it just being fulfillment of what they want and emboldening it.

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Mike collating with Giri again? I guess they must of had a good time cooking together?

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

So here's Hololive ID's VIV:ID Cruise tour event that was mentioned a while back. Something of an concert/stage tour thingie that was first announced to be happening in Jakarta at 4-5 November during Indonesian's Comic Con convention event. The stream above explained in detail on what everyone will be expecting from it.

For one, aside of the appearances in Indonesian Comic Con (as I mentioned before), they also released this MV with I assume to be an original song.

And, it's not just Indonesian Comic Con that they will be visiting.
1697894250524.png

Yes, they will be appearing in America, land of the free, obesity and guns. Or well, they're gonna be in New York City for the Anime NYC event at 17-19 November. Aside of that, they will be appearing in Anime Festival Asia Singapore (AFASG) on 24-26 November and Comic Fiesta 2023 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 23-24 December, just one day away from Christmas.

1697894467457.png

Interesting stuff all around.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
1697894599543.png

1697894604589.png

This is the power of precision engineered, triple distilled 2009 fandom cringe. Although it does feel kinda shit that some of her best work so far is about to get zoomed past by a crusty shitpost.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Mike collating with Giri again? I guess they must of had a good time cooking together?

She has realised that her lack of cooking skills is what ultimately drove Mafumafu away.

Now she seeks to eliminate this weakness so the next man she sinks her claws into will stay.

I also favor summary executions for people who use "must of" in place of "must've".

USS IOWA

I know one guy, but I think she may refer to someone else. One of her mega simp Kakun but I highly doubt it.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Lurker McSpic

I know one guy, but I think she may refer to someone else. One of her mega simp Kakun but I highly doubt it.
you'd think a woman so loaded like her and with such a psycho problem would hire a bodyguard for these events, right? :NOWWELAUGH:

God's Strongest Dragoon

So here's Hololive ID's VIV:ID Cruise tour event that was mentioned a while back. Something of an concert/stage tour thingie that was first announced to be happening in Jakarta at 4-5 November during Indonesian's Comic Con convention event. The stream above explained in detail on what everyone will be expecting from it.

For one, aside of the appearances in Indonesian Comic Con (as I mentioned before), they also released this MV with I assume to be an original song.

And, it's not just Indonesian Comic Con that they will be visiting.
View attachment 51810

Yes, they will be appearing in America, land of the free, obesity and guns. Or well, they're gonna be in New York City for the Anime NYC event at 17-19 November. Aside of that, they will be appearing in Anime Festival Asia Singapore (AFASG) on 24-26 November and Comic Fiesta 2023 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 23-24 December, just one day away from Christmas.

View attachment 51811

Interesting stuff all around.

>cruise themed concert tours
>does some events in Asia
>somehow ends up on the East Coast of America
Panama Canal POG

Top Bottom