"Pien outside, but pain inside."Bonnivier Pranaja

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
"Twitch has always allowed for various forms of expression, so it was no surprise when VTubing found a home on the platform, quickly gaining popularity among English-speaking audiences in 2019."
Well if you wanted your westoid bias then there it is, article about chuubas and the first word is fucking twitch, nice one. And no, vtubing didn't "gain popularity with EOPs in 2019", everybody knows english vtubing began in 2020 or very late 2019 if you want to be pedantic, but it definitely didn't begin on twitch and this article literally contradicts this later on.

"Since then, the novelty of avatar-based content may have worn off, but the format has stuck around."
So they see it as a dumb gimmick, well there is your second red flag that this writer likes vshojo.

"VTubing exploded onto the wider North American and European markets when Cover Corporation launched the English branch of Hololive Production in 2020."
Nice contradiction bro.

"Many creators that jumped on the trend have since stopped using their avatars, but at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, there was a large increase in VTubers on Twitch and other streaming platforms, like YouTube, as models and equipment became more accessible to the general public."
This paragraph reads weird and it gives a strange sense of the timeline, the equipment became more accessible in 2018-19, the large increase happened in 2020 when covid was going on, and the grifters stopped latching onto the trend in 2021-2022 when covid ended.

"Twitch has since gone on to highlight a wide variety of VTubers through its VTuber Takeover promotion"
Never heard of it, also twitch, again.

"Twitch also reported that VTubing-related content on the platform shot up by some 350% between January and August 2022. Despite this, some have argued that the VTubing bubble has all but burst."
That "some" link leads to a fucking kotaku article that says the exact same shit, when you cite stuff like this please cite experts or at least people who are knowledgeable about the subject, not the other journos you're in cahoots with to shape narratives.

“I do feel that VTubing has become less novel as the market has become more saturated,” says a streamer with agency Nijisanji who is not approved to speak publicly. “There are obviously some ups and downs when it comes to working with an agency as well, which requires a lot of patience if I’m honest. And there are some decisions that are made that sometimes don’t make a lot of sense.”
If this is indeed vox and he doesn't watch other chuubas then yeah, it's pretty fucking embarrassing. Also "Who is not approved to speak publicly", you can say anything you want about niji but what are you expecting? For them to just say "yeah go shittalk us to some journos so they can twist your words into their own industry bashing narrative!" fuck you journo scum.

“Seeing agencies like Hololive and Nijisanji shut down entire branches or graduate talents without any real kind of information is heartbreaking for just about everyone involved in the process,” the source says.

In 2020, Hololive shuttered its Chinese division, graduating more than a handful of streamers."

But you aren't going to tell us WHY they graduated those chinese talents huh? Suits your narrative to just say that and pretend it was holo being evil I guess.

"Both Hololive and Nijisanji give creators very little freedom in terms of presentation, whereas newer agencies such as Idol allow talents to create their own concepts. While that may feel overwhelming to some, it allows for the talents behind these models to flex their creativity and create a persona that otherwise wouldn’t fit neatly into the clearly defined boxes some agencies slot them into."
Ah yes, gotta love the jews, gotta love that freedom. You know that I really hate how Niji fucks up and now Holo is tarred with the same brush? Get your fucking shit together you're making us all look bad and giving these parasites a narrative to follow.

“Agencies should allow for talents to experiment, so long as it isn’t hurting anyone,” says the source. “Let people fail and still have that opportunity for growth in the future. More risk-taking and trying to branch out in other ways instead of simply just streaming or following preestablished methods.”
I don't completely disagree with this, but if you just say it without context or nuance it feels like agencies do not experiment whatsoever, and that experimentation has no consequences other than just the abstract concept of "failing". Failing in this industry will mark your image for life, corpos are held to their failures for years after the fact by rabid legions of internet obsessives, and you really ignore the fact that the big two you so seem to despise are the ones who have pushed the industry forward all of these years.

"According to both of the people we interviewed for this story, this is an agreed-upon sentiment — that to prevent further stagnation, this not-so-niche form of content creation needs to reinvent itself and allow more freedom to its talents. Time will tell if larger agencies like Hololive (which reported 50% growth in its 2023 financial report) and Nijisanji will allow their talents to break the mold."
You interview two people, one of whom is clearly unhappy with their position and the other is a nobody, they don't represent the entire community. There are things called "polls" that you can do to gage public opinion. Also funny how big corpos are "stagnating the industry" by not changing but Holo reported a 50% growth, fucking ironic.

This journo has an obvious western bias, and doesn't once account for how massive vtubing is in japan and asia in general. Vtubing in the west has stagnated because it's full of boring, bland vtweeters and twitch nobodies who spend 2k bucks on a model with huge titties and expect to get rich off of that. Niji dropped the ball sure, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE is decaying. Also I get the feeling this guy would love Vshojo (even though they restrained themselves to not mention them) even when vshojo chuubas stolen from other corpos have a proven track record of NOT breaking the mold like they did before and just settling into cushy generic roles, I guess giving people talent freedom doesn't equate with better content.
TL;DR, "Also funny how big corpos are "stagnating the industry" by not changing but Holo reported a 50% growth,"
LOL.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Ask her what she thinks of amputating lolis and we'll know for sure
I thought her obsession was farm animal castration

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Are unicorns and the talents who give a shit what they think all about to have zero chill again?

Edit: Serina and Abi are apparently going to use a GENS (muscle stimulation) device to stimulate the pain of giving birth. That's a new one. That's a new one.

Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Someone noted she made more money from this stream than her 3rd anniversary stream. Savvy business chicken.
Close, but not quite (yet). But crazy nonetheless for just a random AoE stream. I wonder if any of the other members will start giving incentives for Aka Supers. Nene did stuff for her superchatters, but that's been awhile I think.

1697749379752.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Last edited:

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
move to Japan.

Messsage Received
Less than 6 months Korean Contractor already moving to Japan for bussines
Good Luck little Kimchi Girl :gurasemperfi:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Ensok

Early Adopter
Close, but not quite (yet). But crazy nonetheless for just a random AoE stream. I wonder if any of the other members will start giving incentives for Aka Supers. Nene did stuff for her superchatters, but that's been awhile I think.

View attachment 51433
Kiara does run a business after all. And more seriously she's always been one of the more business-minded girls, especially in EN. Just watch the Myth collab and see how seriously she takes pushing the merch and reminding others to do the same.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Are unicorns and the talents who give a shit what they think all about to have zero chill again?

I don't own a switch and this nigga describes it in a weird way. So if I get this right is that the switch is suisei's or that he's in contact with her?
are we gonna have a male rushia moment?:Vesper-UNHINGED:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
"What concept do we strongly value?"

fun fact, I had a bit of trouble with giving the actual answer during my registration because, while I was correct, the punctuation I used was incorrect and it fucked me over

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I don't own a switch and this nigga describes it in a weird way. So if I get this right is that the switch is suisei's or that he's in contact with her?
That's the notification for if a friend signs in. So nigga is friends with the 2nd account on Suisei's switch. Take that what you will.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Like a computer (and most other modern consoles), the Switch lets you set up different user accounts on it. When you select a game to play it asks you which user account you want to play it under. I use this to separate the games I play on stream from the games my roommate plays if you know what I mean. Apparently an account known to be a second account on Suisei's Switch started playing a game and this guy got a notification about it, implying he's friendly enough with Suisei to have that account as a "friend" on the Nintendo network, and for whatever reason he decided when this happen he'd freak out about it instead of playing it cool.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
That's the notification for if a friend signs in. So nigga is friends with the 2nd account on Suisei's switch. Take that what you will.
Oh, that's fucking nothing, I thought he was playing on Suisei's switch (after sex, clearly, obviously) and the second account got logged in somehow. If this actually kills his career, it's even more retarded than a Rushia moment.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

even better:

you can turn those notifications off in the settings, so that they don't appear in the first place

so all of this was entirely preventable

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Somethings can't be solved by moving to Japan, like getting bothered by anti's but Sasaki just makes fun of them
To give out more context regarding about the video above, Sasaki Saku is notable within JP Nijisanji branch for being so far the only talent that has graduated and then returning back into the fold. It was over something rather stupid (Nintendo game permits, if I remember correctly) and she returned back because Nijisanji Management who, at the time, is somewhat black-corpo managed to change things around and set out some rules. They messaged Sasaki bout it and then she decided to return.

The video (more like a parody cover of a song titled and TL'd in english as"Hated by Life Itself") it a half serious, half joking cover that showcased at how she interpreted her own return as Nijisanji talent after graduated over game permits issue. She imagined it like she's being a selfish brat, that she deserved to be hated by both the fans that baffled by her return and antis who wished her leaving along with how she sees the cold shoulder-like treatment from other Nijisanji JP talent at the time when she returned (except Belmond Banderas, who greeted her publicly and mentioned in the video), but then she got her spirit back when realizing that she can just, move on and there are her fans that is accepting her return, etcetra.

(Of note: It's not actually THAT serious, there are other talents back then to welcomed her back and all, but not as public. Honma Himawari welcomed Sasaki back on her own stream and time, for example.)

It's one of the popular thing of her post-return, and also becoming a gateway of interactions between her and Belmond, who at the time was relatively new or something like that to Nijisanji. Back then they ended up becoming usual collab partners with plenty of interactions, including some sort of rivalry between her and Ange Katrina (redhead alchemist who has no booba so she copes by being alchemist) who both like Belmond Banderas.

If anything, Sasaki managed to came back strong from the whole thing, mostly because the song became a massive hit for her (14 million views) and that it ended up doesn't affect much of everything anyway. She remained strong and continued to be like herself, a brat who will act all sweet before casually wreck her own desk in rage if shit fucks up her plan, and would ask someone else to be what she want if she didn't get what she wanted on some baseball game drafting.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
ah so a nothing burger to any sane person, I thought it was a notification for an account on that switch. The way he reacted he may be scared shitless of his fanbase if he's a fag I mean idol.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Im going to have a hearty kek if Suisiei ends up MafuMafu-ing her way (i.e mostly ignoring it) out while the penis-haver idolman is the one who is e-lynched by a bunch of fujos

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
To give out more context regarding about the video above, Sasaki Saku is notable within JP Nijisanji branch for being so far the only talent that has graduated and then returning back into the fold. It was over something rather stupid (Nintendo game permits, if I remember correctly) and she returned back because Nijisanji Management who, at the time, is somewhat black-corpo managed to change things around and set out some rules. They messaged Sasaki bout it and then she decided to return.

The video (more like a parody cover of a song titled and TL'd in english as"Hated by Life Itself") it a half serious, half joking cover that showcased at how she interpreted her own return as Nijisanji talent after graduated over game permits issue. She imagined it like she's being a selfish brat, that she deserved to be hated by both the fans that baffled by her return and antis who wished her leaving along with how she sees the cold shoulder-like treatment from other Nijisanji JP talent at the time when she returned (except Belmond Banderas, who greeted her publicly and mentioned in the video), but then she got her spirit back when realizing that she can just, move on and there are her fans that is accepting her return, etcetra.

(Of note: It's not actually THAT serious, there are other talents back then to welcomed her back and all, but not as public. Honma Himawari welcomed Sasaki back on her own stream and time, for example.)

It's one of the popular thing of her post-return, and also becoming a gateway of interactions between her and Belmond, who at the time was relatively new or something like that to Nijisanji. Back then they ended up becoming usual collab partners with plenty of interactions, including some sort of rivalry between her and Ange Katrina (redhead alchemist who has no booba so she copes by being alchemist) who both like Belmond Banderas.

If anything, Sasaki managed to came back strong from the whole thing, mostly because the song became a massive hit for her (14 million views) and that it ended up doesn't affect much of everything anyway. She remained strong and continued to be like herself, a brat who will act all sweet before casually wreck her own desk in rage if shit fucks up her plan, and would ask someone else to be what she want if she didn't get what she wanted on some baseball game drafting.

shes the only vtuber who died and came back

and shes living each and every second of it the best that she can be

and shes a yokozuna so that aqua slap exorcised her neet spirit

Limkin

Im going to have a hearty kek if Suisiei ends up MafuMafu-ing her way (i.e mostly ignoring it) out while the penis-haver idolman is the one who is e-lynched by a bunch of fujos
I think not trying to gaslight Suisei into marrying him, by arranging things on his twitter in the way where it would appear, as if they are already living together, would help to sweep this under the rug tremendously. Unless he is for real Rushia-level of manhera, then god speed you glorious retard and may everyone else finally learn a lesson after two examples of what NOT to do when you have obsessed fanbase

Top Bottom