"I am a proud vtuber, representative of Sneed's Feed & Seed. Please go to your local Sneed's Feed & Seed today, and purchase their fine... sneed... and feed."Nyaru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Negzana

I'll just be satisfied with my memberships with Aki, Watame, and Kaela. Fine with parasocial stuff, GFE is cringe and tiered memberships are not worth it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Shit like that is how tiered subs should be. Not cutting content out that you were doing for free, but setting up special streams that you were never going to do outside of a subwalled stream.
At the end of the day, it is probably better this way for the girls I member to. None of them really commit to doing anything special in their membership streams, anyway, aside from more casual things, except Kiara, who does wallpapers. I'd rather see the rat put her efforts to things she publicly releases, anyway. She flies by the seat of her pants too much to be able to have monthly commitments. And the idea that IRyS could commit to that, either, is even more laughable, considering how punctual she isn't with her Patreon streams.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
At the end of the day, it is probably better this way for the girls I member to. None of them really commit to doing anything special in their membership streams, anyway, aside from more casual things, except Kiara, who does wallpapers. I'd rather see the rat put her efforts to things she publicly releases, anyway. She flies by the seat of her pants too much to be able to have monthly commitments. And the idea that IRyS could commit to that, either is even more laughable, considering how punctual she isn't with her Patreon streams.
IRyS has started doing members wallpapers, but that's about it. And with her usual punctualness combined with working with artists, the wallpapers are just things that show up whenever, rather than being monthly. Bae has made plans to do more stuff for members, like her book reports or journals, but she hasn't comitted to any of them beyond coming up with the ideas. Kronii is one of the others that stands out because she tries to do weekly-ish writing exercises where she'll talk about different sad girl topics along with photos she's taken.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
image.png

:smugpipi:
I typed something about these and then I realized it would be a terrible idea because at least ten autists would take me literally, so I'll leave it at that.
I'll fill in the blank: Give Proctor $20 to claim these titles for yourself (with an extra 'R')!

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Seven months.

[insert Kirsche here]

From the fishman interview so far
  • There's apparently another thing coming beside gen 3 he kinda spoiled it, probably another invader wave
  • He also said all girls get music budgets and they're free to use them, he only tells them to cool it if they release too many in a short amount of time
  • I have to go back but he kinda confirmed there's plans for phase connect (insert language any language) he just said yes
  • Shipping sucks dick because canadian bullshit
Canadian shipping is dogshit. Can't he just have a warehouse in California or some shit similar to how some Chinese Ebay sellers have warehouses in NY and CA for faster shipping.

The Fish interview is great.

He just spoiled that Gen 3 has new JP members..
:fishmandispair:
JP is an issue of sorts. You need JP members that can speak english like Tenma if not they will drown in the sea known as the JP vtuber. She needs to have the option to have backing from a non JP audience because JP seems to only go hard for bigger corpos and Phase being western probably wont get much attention. SO far the JP wave feels somewhat forgotten. Their timeslots are not great for westerners and they dont really have people to collab with. Additionally I feel like they should possibly be a bit more "hands-on" with them as in push them towards making more covers n shit.

New PippAI cover. Not a big fan of this one mainly because the original is too good and does vibrato n shit which is weird with a Pippa voice.

This is from the one that trained the voice.

Clip Tax. Full clip is up

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter

DanishCookies

1694917487187.png

So apparently these gifts will get refunded since it didn't get any recipients because something went wrong with Youtube's system.

LMAO I didn't realize until she brought it up that she misspelled Bookwyrm:1694917635455.png

PekoWick

That's not what we are talking about, at least not me. Most holomems have the $10 and up tiers but they have no incentives.

For example:
View attachment 45509
View attachment 45508

Yeah, most of them have the higher levels but nothing different other than giving them more money because you want to. I'm pretty sure Tempus has different things based on membership levels though.
Most of them doesn't have tiered membership though.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
guerrilla okayu after fauna's 3D.

fauna 3D in over 30 minutes.

and 3D kronii tomorrow!

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Who from Hololive would be the first to do this?

Both Coco, also in collabs and Moona have lasered their areas
Kiara will wax Mumei once they off-collab, she promised
Kiara also wanted to wax Calli, but apparently Calli as well lacks the hair
she ups and fucks off to the Wawa for a box of smokes, never to return
What does Kiara have to do with this?
View attachment 44965
You see this. Whose cover do you first hear in your head?
I'm quite partial to Miko's. I consider it as the "original" but I really enjoy the song in general, so I really like every cover of it.
The one from Ollie is my favorite

I am completely sure Jenma was the manager for Kiara, Ame and Gura, J-Chad(beleived to be this person) for Mori and Enma for Ina. When Myth debuted, EN only had three staffs. And now Henma is the manager for Ame and Mumei. Maybe Jenma still is Gura's manager.
Iirc Jenma got a promotion is now the Head-manager, Kiara is the only talent she still manages directly. I suppose Gura has a new manager but Gura barely streams anyway and talks about behind-the-scenes even less.

I don't remember, but someone even said that Enma, Inas manager, might be gone as well, idk if transferred to somehere else in the company or if they left Cover
I would say this is because Niji from the start was planning to have a lot of members and to add them at a regular pace, so hiring people who were in the same circles made sense to them, they would probably get along and have lots of interaction. Meanwhile Holo was giving zero fucks about how well the new members are going to hit it off and hiring based on individual performance and what they could contribute to a group. Which resulted in people even after 2 years together having trouble interacting with each other properly and usually just retreating into their own little bubbles once mandatory collabs are over. On one hand, it can get kind of boring when HoloJP was often seen as slice of life anime. On the other hand you don't have Uki crashing into collabs left and right. Pick your poison I guess
I would like to disagree on the point that Myth doesn't have good chemistry. At the beginning, yeah, and I would agree that most members of Myth work better in smaller groups compared to the full gen. But they have chemistry and are very fun to watch. At this point they no longer feel like 5 lone wolves anymore (arguably Kiara and Mori were never lone wolves to begin with) but to me, they very much are a unit. The awkward pauses and messed up comedic timing is part of the charm. They still bicker and shit on each other very easely, I am certain that they are close with each other. Yeah, maybe they arent as purely funny as SALT or interact as often as Chadcast, but whenever they get together I feel how connected they are to each other.
Maybe also because I primarly watch Kiara, who is definetly pro Unity and talks a lot about the other myth members and even if they havent collabed recently, Kiara and Gura still regularly exchange true crime videos and talk about them and other stuff she is doing in PMs with Myth.

1647472727093.png

Then if you go beyond Myth, there are several
View attachment 45304
Nabi (Ame's mama) is quitting VTubing. And looks like she is gonna DFE... again.
Bild_2023-09-17_021248852.png
here some more info from a discord
Its a bit sad, but I think people tend to forget that Nabi-mama is in the very early 20s (21 or 22)
She must have been 18-19 when she got hired by Cover to make Ame
Another thing she mentioned which I'm honestly a bit peeved about is that she wasn't allowed any Anniversary merch because her new costume merch is still going on... That's such a lame excuse. Anniversary merch along with Birthday merch are huge income generators for talents, which she's now missing out on. I know it's Ame, someone who seems averse to money, but still. :ameraintear:
This is weird, isn't Ina running Outfit and Anniversary merch at the same time right now?
Kiara did say that they have limited merch slot for various events through-out the year, maybe Ame used all of hers up. Kiara didnt have any merch when she released her Knight Outfit, and now she still has a slot open and she plans to use that slot with her delayed Birthday 3D stream.
*a good post gushing about Subaru*

Thank you for the blessed 5 years Subaru and all the love in the world to you :sanasmile:

I really like Subaru, I very rarely watch her streams but all of her clips, I enjoy. She always provides great comedic balance in any group shes in. Hololive most certainly would be very different today if it wasn't for her. She definitely is one of the most influential members, and for good reason.
Also, as an Orange Woman fan, I just have to mention that I am so happy that she is part of Holotori and a good Friend of Kiara. They might not collab or even interact that often, but I am glad they hang out at all.
Its been a while since Kiara brought it up, but when Kiara started out in 2020 and when she was still in Japan and feeling very uncertain about her role in both Hololive and her own Gen, back then there were no EN senpais to look up to and ask how to handle a situation. But back then she had a few very important talks and meetings with Marine and Subaru. Subaru was also Kiaras 1st nonEN collab and the very first ENxJP collab. Even 3 years later, I still think Kiara could learn a lot from Subaru.
Similar to how Subaru is now the cheerful, yet down to earth Sun of Holo JP, I fully believe that Kiara possesses the potential to fill the same role in EN. She is not quite there yet, and can still learn a lot from her. But I feel like shes on a good trajectory, Kiaras menhera and doomer tendencies have gotten better and better over the years.
So yeah, I am very thankful to Subaru, in the name of my Oshi, that she is down to participate in the Holotori stuff and for giving Kiara apparently very precious and comforting words early in her career.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
View attachment 45494
here some more info from a discord
Its a bit sad, but I think people tend to forget that Nabi-mama is in the very early 20s (21 or 22)
She must have been 18-19 when she got hired by Cover to make Ame
Sounds like it's time to give Pako another child:dandanl:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Both Coco, also in collabs and Moona have lasered their areas
Kiara will wax Mumei once they off-collab, she promised
Kiara also wanted to wax Calli, but apparently Calli as well lacks the hair
Unless they got FAR more personal since they first talked about it, they were talking about leg hair only. I highly doubt Mumei would let anyone near...other places.
I don't remember, but someone even said that Enma, Inas manager, might be gone as well, idk if transferred to somehere else in the company or if they left Cover
Also Mumei mentioned relatively recently that a lot of managers got shuffled around, and she currently has 2 who are in the process of transferring Moomwrangling duties; one working on the old projects that were already in progress and another to work with new stuff. This was because managers got shuffled around when Advent came around.
This is weird, isn't Ina running Outfit and Anniversary merch at the same time right now?
Kiara did say that they have limited merch slot for various events through-out the year, maybe Ame used all of hers up. Kiara didnt have any merch when she released her Knight Outfit, and now she still has a slot open and she plans to use that slot with her delayed Birthday 3D stream.
And one more Mumei related thing; Her anniversary probably ran into the same issue, but she made it sound like it was her own choice to not have anniversary merch, and heavily implied (if not outright stated, I forgor) that she would have another merch run towards the end of the year when the merch season is not as busy as it is right now. She had 774k subscriber merch, and new outfit merch, and then birthday merch, which is like 3 weeks before her anniversary where she finally had no merch. So assuming she gets one more, that would be 4 merch runs in the year (again, unless I am forgetting something).

Ensok

Early Adopter

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I'm not sure about JP, but it looks like all of EN have multiple membership levels. Unless you mean tiered as in access to different types of content.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
This got me curious so I went to look, and that is indeed the case for most talents. Haachama, Roboco, and Luna are the only girls who offer extra content at higher tiers. Matsuri and Suisei have tiered memberships, but offer nothing new past their cheapest level. The rest of the JP girls and all the ID girls just offer 5$ memberships and no other tiers. Also, technically, it seems Calli does still have content locked behind the highest tier, still, but she does not make any new content locked behind it.
1000007835.jpg

I didn't realize that EN was such an outlier in this regard. Interesting.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Haachama, ... are the only girls who offer extra content at higher tiers.
The highest tier gets you funeral access.
Is this joke dead yet, now that we know she's alive?

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I would like to disagree on the point that Myth doesn't have good chemistry. At the beginning, yeah, and I would agree that most members of Myth work better in smaller groups compared to the full gen. But they have chemistry and are very fun to watch. At this point they no longer feel like 5 lone wolves anymore (arguably Kiara and Mori were never lone wolves to begin with) but to me, they very much are a unit. The awkward pauses and messed up comedic timing is part of the charm. They still bicker and shit on each other very easely, I am certain that they are close with each other. Yeah, maybe they arent as purely funny as SALT or interact as often as Chadcast, but whenever they get together I feel how connected they are to each other.
Maybe also because I primarly watch Kiara, who is definetly pro Unity and talks a lot about the other myth members and even if they havent collabed recently, Kiara and Gura still regularly exchange true crime videos and talk about them and other stuff she is doing in PMs with Myth.
Sorry dude, no Myth praising allowed, only scrutinizing. :Ame-BOO:

Jokes aside, I agree. People do exaggerate about the "no chemistry" part. Sure they don't collab as much, but when they do you can see they actually do get along just fine. Some of them tend to be quiet in huge group collabs (by some I mean mostly Ame and sometimes Gura), but 1-1 and small group collab tend to turn out fine. I think the most "awkward" 1-1 collab I remember was the first AmexKronii collab, this was not long after Council's debut so they haven't hit it off yet. I wonder if the "no chemistry" point is a direct result of people frequenting /vt/ where they will constantly rrat about how "X and Y hates each other" from the most mundane reason and example.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Sorry dude, no Myth praising allowed, only scrutinizing. :Ame-BOO:

Jokes aside, I agree. People do exaggerate about the "no chemistry" part. Sure they don't collab as much, but when they do you can see they actually do get along just fine. Some of them tend to be quiet in huge group collabs (by some I mean mostly Ame and sometimes Gura), but 1-1 and small group collab tend to turn out fine. I think the most "awkward" 1-1 collab I remember was the first AmexKronii collab, this was not long after Council's debut so they haven't hit it off yet. I wonder if the "no chemistry" point is a direct result from people frequenting /vt/ where they will constantly rrat about how "X and Y hates each other" from the most mundane reason and example.
Myth's dynamic got substantially better after their JP trips this year, imo. I wouldn't say they have NO chemistry, but I think their smaller collabs, either 1:1 or groups of three, are substantially better than them as a group.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
They just took Dizzy's birthday merch off the store. Too late. :takocope:

Top Bottom