"I am sweeto kyutto catto!"Nekomata Okayu

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
The biggest negro in NijiEN got an reworked model.
View attachment 45328
:mikothumbsl:
That face kills the look for me. The previous model's face really fit his vibe of a bratty but bright and energetic little shit (sort of like Enna), while this just looks like a generic otome game fuckboy. Bit too late to try capitalizing on that audience, unfortunately, so all this really does is fuck up his looks.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
The biggest shame of the whole thing is that I truly believe she has the potential to at least attract a wider initial audience to give her a chance if she utilizes one of her skills that's underutilized in the vtubing sphere. I know I've said it many, many times, but if she actually did guitar streams, I think it would get a lot of new eyes on her and allow her to carve out her own niche easily. Vtubers playing instruments already isn't all that common, but one that plays the electric guitar is rare, and we've seen she can play it well. I don't know if she's just self-conscious about playing it in a livestream setting, but if she even labeled them as practice streams, I think it would catch peoples' attention. She's not dumb, so this is really the only reason I can imagine her not doing this. Many people have expressed wanting to see this, and it would definitely make her standout, not only in Phase, but on the EN side of vtubing as a whole. I'm really hoping she keeps this in mind and eventually considers it.

Aside from this, I like when she does her more creative roleplaying streams like the ones Lumi does now. One of the first streams that I really enjoyed from her was when she ran the drive-thru at a coffee shop. Another fun one was when she was a therapist for her chat. Streams like this and her Halloween game streams are what made her the first Gen 2 member that I started paying more attention to.

Granted, if she's having fun and enjoying herself with what she's doing now, that's the most important thing. But definitely one of the common observations people have about Rie is that she hasn't found her own niche yet, which is true. But I, and I'm sure many people, think she absolutely has the tools to carve out her own niche right now if she actually wants to. But for one reason or another, she just doesn't.
This, this, and most definitely this! I know Rie is a bit menhera but I've said it from the start, utilizing her talents would greatly boost her potential in the vtubing sphere. I know she's very shy and won't make this sort of change for just anyone but maybe she'll do it for me for all the good I've done for her and all the shilling I've done to keep her in the minds of others!

USS IOWA

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I don't think I saw anyone post about this, but Yagoo talks about why EN3 took so long to debut in the Cover Quarterly Financial Report. tl;dr they waited until Covid settled down and the country opened up so talents can fly in to do their 3d stuff and concerts. No support for 3d, concerts, events = unhappy talents, kinda prophetic. Also maybe more EN/non-JP recruiting?

Questioner : I have a question regarding overseas expansion. Looking at slides up to page 6, it appears that from last year until about the first quarter, the growth in the number of English-speaking groups' registrations was relatively weak, making it difficult to expand.

On the other hand, I think there are some things to look forward to in the second quarter due to the first overseas events and the debut of new groups. Please tell us about these changes and how your feet feel.

Tanigo : It wasn't so much that I was having trouble, but rather that I was intentionally saving the game. The reason for this is that we need to create an environment where overseas talents can not only stream from home, but also utilize large-scale motion capture studios in Japan to deliver a full line of content such as 3D streaming and live concerts. Because it was important to me.

We were aware that even if we increased the number of talents, if we were not able to provide solid support as a company, it would lead to an increase in the number of dissatisfied talents, so we were in a phase where we held back for a while until we could provide a full line of services
. think.

As the situation with the new coronavirus has subsided, overseas talents are now able to travel to Japan and perform 3D streaming at their studios. Also, since we have now been able to prepare an environment where we can hold live concerts like in Japan, it is accurate to say that we have resumed recruiting new talent at this timing.

As for the English-speaking talents who debuted in July, we are currently seeing a very good start, so in terms of overseas content, we will not only supply such content, but also strengthen our licensing business. We would like to aim to gain overseas fans.

Last edited:

USS IOWA

I don't think I saw anyone post about this, but Yagoo talks about why EN3 took so long to debut in the Cover Quarterly Financial Report. tl;dr they waited until Covid settled down and the country opened up so talents can fly in to do their 3d stuff and concerts. No support = unhappy talents, kinda prophetic. Also maybe more EN/non-JP recruiting?

I mean Yagoo is seen in South Korea, maybe HoloKR next year?

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Huh I didn't realize Lyra did any of her design I mean she has an designer and rigger. Unless designer just means he gave her the idea?

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I mean Yagoo is seen in South Korea, maybe HoloKR next year?
One of the ReGloss members is Korean, so maybe something to do with her.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Reads like an embittered spinster

Pretty sure he is a failed streamer that's currently dating a prostitute that's regularly tweeting about how she is gonna kill herself. He has been in the orbit of other political cows in the past and is often involved in cancellation campaigns.

Punished Lurker

That face kills the look for me. The previous model's face really fit his vibe of a bratty but bright and energetic little shit (sort of like Enna), while this just looks like a generic otome game fuckboy. Bit too late to try capitalizing on that audience, unfortunately, so all this really does is fuck up his looks.
Thank you, that might be the best explanation of why I don't like the redesign. Also the fact that now he's taller than almost all branchmates (except for Hex and Doppio) just seems so... unnecesary?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Pretty sure he is a failed streamer that's currently dating a prostitute that's regularly tweeting about how she is gonna kill herself. He has been in the orbit of other political cows in the past and is often involved in cancellation campaigns.
>SocDoneLeft

:vomit:

Negzana

Watching Bijou play and it makes me realize how much I want Kaela to try out more non-grindy games. I know she's not good at them but perhaps if she tries Bijou's method of trial-by-fire for training she would be great at them too

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Isn't it cool how the 9% of actual humans who use twitter tend to gravitate to these extremism gimmicks either for yuks or dogpiling.
Not saying I know a better way, for the moment.

Negzana

>SocDoneLeft

:vomit:

It might be an old post I am not really sure, I purged all my political follows on my twitter but political tweets still appear and this might be from an older post that went through the cracks

Anime Fan

Airi, Shiina, Jelly, and Remi are going to be collabing soon

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Some more random Q&A from the financial report. Nothing ground shattering except for we shouldn't hold our breath for a HoloES anytime soon. And he didn't answer the part about the Chinese-speaking potential audience. Prob the right decision.

Q&A: About overseas business strategy​

Questioner : Regarding overseas markets, I think that currently the so-called English-speaking countries, and your company's focus is on Indonesia. Looking at recent user local data, etc., I get the impression that it is becoming very widespread in Spanish-speaking countries as well. Please tell us about your future business strategies, if any, in the Spanish-speaking world and the Chinese-speaking world, which is a potentially large market.

Tanigo : Regarding content localization, we are already implementing it in Spanish-speaking countries. Regarding the talent for "Holostars English" in English-speaking countries, we are hiring Spanish speakers, and we are also regularly broadcasting in Spanish.

However, Spanish-speaking regions are quite difficult regions in terms of customer spend.

Rather than making hasty decisions about releasing talent groups in such regions, we would like to expand the market through strategies such as promoting existing talent to Spanish-speaking regions.

Q&A: About strategy to acquire female fan base​

Questioner : It seems that your company's users are mostly male, mainly in their 20s. Although there are systems in place that can attract a female audience, such as Holostars, I feel that they are not doing so well. Please let me know if you have any strategies to successfully attract the female demographic.

Tanigo : Media like TikTok are watched by a huge number of women, so I think it's important to use that as a hook and utilize musical content to attract more female fans. .

As you know, we have strong female talent, and our competitors have strong male talent.

We also recognize that female talents who work for competing companies have many female fans. As for us, we think it is extremely important how we can gain female fans not only for "Hololstars" but also for "Hololive."
Probably explains Holo Dev_ice or whatever you call em.

Q&A: About discovering and training human resources and troubleshooting​

Questioner : I think discovering and nurturing new talent is extremely important. Recently, I've heard that there are tens of thousands of applications for just a few positions. What is the current situation at your company? Is it true that the field of work is expanding and that we are now able to select better human resources from among them?

Also, although it seems to be rare at your company, there has been an increase in the number of people quitting their jobs for various reasons, such as recently graduating due to poor mental health. Please let me know if there are any measures that your company can take to avoid such incidents or to prevent mental consequences.

Kaneko : First of all, regarding auditions, given that the VTuber culture is spreading worldwide and that our brand has a relative advantage within it, we are not only increasing the number of applicants, but also increasing their quality. We believe that we are already seeing significant improvements.

Regarding mental health, for example, we have a system in place that can detect talent who is exhausted due to high-frequency streaming in a short period of time and encourage them to recuperate (lol Kaela -Renmai).

In addition, as a measure against flare-ups and spamming, which can lead to mental exhaustion, we have set up a system in which dozens of moderators can keep watch day and night in three or more languages. In the unlikely event that a sudden outbreak occurs, we have a system in place to raise an alert and take countermeasures.

In addition, we have recently started working groups such as the ``Defamation Countermeasures Study Group'' with influencer-related companies and platform companies through industry organizations. Our policy is to continue to steadily improve these environmental aspects.

Top Bottom