"sniff Ooooh I'm so sorry about this... is it at least hot that I'm crying!? sniff Is the mental breakdown at least hot!? sob"Lilrya Prisvielle

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Take your meds

Mococo's natural voice is so soothing and nice to listen to (and Fuwawa as well). :sanasmile:

Incomplete (missing 10 minutes) archive of their Twitter space:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha will do more evolution

Too bad she just got a literal Korean in Korea coworker last week. The crusade is endless.
It's just a matter of time...
ayamephone.png

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

Mooms is gonna stream tonight, too.

Too bad she just got a literal Korean in Korea coworker last week. The crusade is endless.

Already at her house.Will ask Jill to deploy his monkey homies to kill her
1694803806267.png

Another short Ayame collab

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

braindoko

JewRanha collab
> "Tetas grandes" is the best phrase I know in spanish
off to a great start

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
...Also, I'm gonna start shilling this dude, who uses a 3D model ripped from Tarkov. You may recognize him as he sometimes pops up on Sleepy's tarkov streams, and he's also friends with Starcat (another frequent Tarkov partner of hers).

Speaking of non anime models, just saw this dude, SGR SEAN. Seems like his starting screen is made using Yakuza game with imported model?

EDIT: Selen just uploaded Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Day 1 to her Twitch VOD channel

Last edited:

Negzana

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
The more I think about it the more Nijisanji saying truth about why the sales are down is worse than lying and trying to cover up the real issue. You launch overseas branch with people who speak in english, yet their JP audience was apparently so massive that them losing interest immediately resulted in a large drop in revenue. Even if you assume that all of them already left, this is at least 16% of audience being JP. And if they are only starting to leave it would make the number even bigger. Meaning, your overseas talents have little to no foreign fans willing to spend money on it. And their solution to this, instead of increasing customer base by organizing events, doing promotions, participating in collaborations with brands and whatnot is... to release more members and cut costs. Unless Riku's master plan is to pawn off the company to the highest bidder in 2-3 years I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with it. And that's a really shitty assumption
I would normally suggest they're making far too many assumptions without some hyper detailed per-user analytics and those would be really hard to associate the Viewer with the Buyer of goods. Especially on a Quarter by Quarter basis. They might have some visibility into it, but I'd be really surprised if they can get that type of resolution, outside of of Viewership to SC conversion.

Nijisanji isn't that well run. If we take their likely over-assumption as fact, it means their entire Margin is basically in JP buyers of merch. Which likely means they aren't selling merch that a Western Audience wants to buy. Cover might eventually clear 5 million USD a year in plushies alone with how well those have been selling, while at the same time switching far more to a sponsorship/IP type revenue model.

The one thing that I really think people miss on the regular is just how well run Cover is. Yagoo deserves a massive amount of credit in this regard. Cover has its issues, but they've fought against the brutal "fishbowl" mentality that pervades Japanese companies. Someone that knows Moonrune idioms a lot better could find the correct one, but a Japanese friend explained the philosophical approach. It kind of translates out to "fishbowl", but we'd call it "big fish in a small pond" while not quite representing what happens. It's "anything outside of Japan doesn't really exist".

Nijisanji has that Anime Production Company issue where they don't really know how to sell outside of Japan and have failed miserably. Cover knows how to sell outside of Japan, they're just pretty screwed by the still super high air freight rates. They badly need a distribution hub out of the States.

So, if everyone is Hololive was going to cover the song, might as well have nearly everyone cover the song? haha

Since this was specifically in regards to merch purchasing, I'm willing to bet there is data that can easily be misinterpreted if looked at at a high level or overly anonymized.

For example, there is likely a significant number of EN fans that use a Japanese address thanks to proxy services. Not a majority, but maybe at most 10%, maybe even less. If it becomes easier to avoid use of proxy services thanks to distribution channel improvements, or maybe even if the most enthusiastic fans just up and stopping their purchases, you'll see the proportion of "Japanese" purchases drop at a high level. Likewise if these heavily involved foreign fans start getting into NijiJP and buying JP merch, it might look like Japanese addresses are moving from EN merch to JP merch.

These fans aren't necessarily American but could easily be other countries too. For example there's a trend among Chinese fans of non-Chinese entertainment to pool money to group buy merch and have the one person in Japan/Korea buy that and bring it home to mail to everyone. And you know these are the same type of fans who went hard into Luxiem at one point. Similarly there are countries that maybe weren't served by the official store that maybe now are.

You would think these kind of mistakes in data interpretation are easy to avoid but massive companies make them all the time, and it could easily happen to an outfit like Anycolor. Likewise there is incentive to deliberately misinterpret the data to provide a shoddy but data-backed excuse to shareholders.

I think the only thing that is for certain is that NijiEn is a smaller draw for merchandise purchases in the first half of 2023 than it was in the first half of 2022. That's not a good sign for a group that significantly expanded during that same time period.

Horo7618

No one in particular
I think the only thing that is for certain is that NijiEn is a smaller draw for merchandise purchases in the first half of 2023 than it was in the first half of 2022. That's not a good sign for a group that significantly expanded during that same time period.
Gotta wonder if they aren't shooting themselves in the foot with their tiny share for talents, who don't have any reason to be motivated to promote the merch particularly.....

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
View attachment 45304
Nabi (Ame's mama) is quitting VTubing. And looks like she is gonna DFE... again.
Asian parents have taken another one from us. But stay strong vtuber mom lovers

Nene's mom is also a vtuber now. Either way she's cute

This part feels vaguely like North Korean propaganda show

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
🐺 Time
Tenma gets a heaping serving of her own words

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Kiara mentioned in her members stream that her birthday live should be at the tail end of the year and she is going to Japan in November to record it. She has a set date, but, obviously did not share the date.

Also, she tried to do an online meet and greet raffle for her birthday, like she did last year, but management declined it.

Edit: No screamo for the Sparks remix. It was too difficult and her throat gave out.

Last edited:

Negzana

"Is a penguin a bird or a type or chicken"
~Lia

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha will do more evolution

I think I just gave this a heart last time, but I just wanted to say that I have loved this game ever since I was a kid, even though it is a janky mess 90% of the time. It’s a slight stretch to say, but it was probably among my first experiences in the ‘action-rpg’ genre (grinding ‘money’, buying ‘gear’ etc.), the only other similar games (rpg mechanics/stats in a platformer/side-scroller) from the retro era that I can think of off the top of my head are the GBA Castlevania games.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Also, this notYugo cover of Idol has the proper amount of power behind the spoken vocals

Glad they are doing well but what a shame for Niji.

angry sushi

Early Adopter
Asian parents have taken another one from us. But stay strong vtuber mom lovers

Nene's mom is also a vtuber now. Either way she's cute

We definitely need a super "cute" emote reaction added.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Not sure if I should be posting this in the liveposting thread since the stream is still going, but in case anyone is curious how the Lia + Neuro collab is going:

:Vesper-UNHINGED:

Top Bottom