"Remember to wash your Pip-penis chat"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

UberSoldat

Onolumi finally begins Lonesome Road

Also, I'm gonna start shilling this dude, who uses a 3D model ripped from Tarkov. You may recognize him as he sometimes pops up on Sleepy's tarkov streams, and he's also friends with Starcat (another frequent Tarkov partner of hers).

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I don't if someone shared this already but, There's this financial report about Nijisanji and it states that NijiJP is siphoning off more fans from NijiEN, They based this on the low profit earnings made by NijiEN while Niji JP continues to grow. This made me believe that Anycolor made the EN branch as a reactionary response to Cover making an EN branch and they have no solid plans for growing the branch rather than throwimg more talents into it.

I would normally suggest they're making far too many assumptions without some hyper detailed per-user analytics and those would be really hard to associate the Viewer with the Buyer of goods. Especially on a Quarter by Quarter basis. They might have some visibility into it, but I'd be really surprised if they can get that type of resolution, outside of of Viewership to SC conversion.

The more I think about it the more Nijisanji saying truth about why the sales are down is worse than lying and trying to cover up the real issue. You launch overseas branch with people who speak in english, yet their JP audience was apparently so massive that them losing interest immediately resulted in a large drop in revenue. Even if you assume that all of them already left, this is at least 16% of audience being JP. And if they are only starting to leave it would make the number even bigger. Meaning, your overseas talents have little to no foreign fans willing to spend money on it. And their solution to this, instead of increasing customer base by organizing events, doing promotions, participating in collaborations with brands and whatnot is... to release more members and cut costs. Unless Riku's master plan is to pawn off the company to the highest bidder in 2-3 years I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with it. And that's a really shitty assumption

Nijisanji isn't that well run. If we take their likely over-assumption as fact, it means their entire Margin is basically in JP buyers of merch. Which likely means they aren't selling merch that a Western Audience wants to buy. Cover might eventually clear 5 million USD a year in plushies alone with how well those have been selling, while at the same time switching far more to a sponsorship/IP type revenue model.

The one thing that I really think people miss on the regular is just how well run Cover is. Yagoo deserves a massive amount of credit in this regard. Cover has its issues, but they've fought against the brutal "fishbowl" mentality that pervades Japanese companies. Someone that knows Moonrune idioms a lot better could find the correct one, but a Japanese friend explained the philosophical approach. It kind of translates out to "fishbowl", but we'd call it "big fish in a small pond" while not quite representing what happens. It's "anything outside of Japan doesn't really exist".

Nijisanji has that Anime Production Company issue where they don't really know how to sell outside of Japan and have failed miserably. Cover knows how to sell outside of Japan, they're just pretty screwed by the still super high air freight rates. They badly need a distribution hub out of the States.

So, if everyone is Hololive was going to cover the song, might as well have nearly everyone cover the song? haha

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Its a case of severe overlap. theres like 3 or 4 other phase girls that streams when rie streams, notably pippa, airi and uruka. I dont see the rice stream as "im autistic! please love me" but a talking stream. didnt help that youtube fuckrf the vod
I'm not sure how much the overlap matters. It's not that there's no overlap - PC fans are pretty loyal - but they still cater to different tastes in vtuber content and there's no reason to presume that Rie would have a significantly bigger audience should Pippa, Airi and Uruka not stream when they do. And the biggest market for English-speaking vtubers is NA - it makes sense that the majority of content is released at a time that suits the NA market, even if it might suck for some people.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
and they have no solid plans for growing the branch rather than throwimg more talents into it.
I wouldn't quite go that far. At least not initially. Niji EN 2.0 did have considerable success in differentiating itself from Holo EN (well, after Luxiem's debut. Before, it was criticised for being too much like Holo EN). Its quick growth was a genuinely sensible strategy to build team synergies while Cover let EN languish at 5 members of questionable chemistry for a year. Luxiem was a slamdunk. And they clearly had farther reaching plans with the concert and everything.

Unfortunately for Niji, ACCELERATE! hit a few snags, management couldn't get the concert delivered on schedule, and while 2022 was a year of Niji win after Niji win, 2023 became the opposite.

But even so, even people here routinely recognise that the chemistry between, say, Millie, Pomu & Selen, or between Vox and the late Nina are/were something Hololive lacks for its EN branch to this day. Rather in contrast to the two corps' JP branches, it's Holo EN that seems more dissonant than Niji EN. Something that can partially be attributed to Cover's glacial growth of the branch, early on not having enough members for variety, and now having huge gaps in terms of seniority, which impacts familiarity if nothing else.

Niji has fucked up, that one even Nijinegros hardly dispute these days.

But it did (eventually, after the IN rebrand nonsense) have a plan, and it actually scucceeded fairly respectably for a while.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
A little rough on my end but here's last nights raid wherein Uruka meets Vesper

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
I'm not sure how much the overlap matters. It's not that there's no overlap - PC fans are pretty loyal - but they still cater to different tastes in vtuber content and there's no reason to presume that Rie would have a significantly bigger audience should Pippa, Airi and Uruka not stream when they do. And the biggest market for English-speaking vtubers is NA - it makes sense that the majority of content is released at a time that suits the NA market, even if it might suck for some people.
pretty sure, sunday and monday has pippa's fans leaking into other girls. and yeah, those girls have their niches which rie hasnt found yet. But adding another streamer into a busy block means less viewers over all.

rie's streaming off a laptop atm so thats going to limit her for the moment as well.

wonder if she'll be in the same spot when gen 3 comes out.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
You're not the 6th, Pippa and Kirsch are both above you and we know they browse this site
:smugina:
6th to 8th is not good enough, I must be even lower:annoyedpippa:

Limkin

But even so, even people here routinely recognise that the chemistry between, say, Millie, Pomu & Selen, or between Vox and the late Nina are/were something Hololive lacks for its EN branch to this day. Rather in contrast to the two corps' JP branches, it's Holo EN that seems more dissonant than Niji EN. Something that can partially be attributed to Cover's glacial growth of the branch, early on not having enough members for variety, and now having huge gaps in terms of seniority, which impacts familiarity if nothing else.
I would say this is because Niji from the start was planning to have a lot of members and to add them at a regular pace, so hiring people who were in the same circles made sense to them, they would probably get along and have lots of interaction. Meanwhile Holo was giving zero fucks about how well the new members are going to hit it off and hiring based on individual performance and what they could contribute to a group. Which resulted in people even after 2 years together having trouble interacting with each other properly and usually just retreating into their own little bubbles once mandatory collabs are over. On one hand, it can get kind of boring when HoloJP was often seen as slice of life anime. On the other hand you don't have Uki crashing into collabs left and right. Pick your poison I guess

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
But even so, even people here routinely recognise that the chemistry between, say, Millie, Pomu & Selen, or between Vox and the late Nina are/were something Hololive lacks for its EN branch to this day.
Eh, I'd disagree with this. Myth is one thing, but CouncilRyS has grown to where all the members have really good chemistry between them, regardless of size or who is in the collab. The stars boys also have great chemistry, too. It is too soon to really tell now, but Advent is also shaping up to fit in well, too. Mumei's open VC art stream and the Gary's Mod Ame stream were both great showings of their integration with the other girls.

Magni/Vesper/Calli/Kronii was also a GOAT combination before MagVes made like a banana and fucking commited seppuku.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Super Meche streaming a Yu Yu Hakusho fighting game

This is not a joke: I discovered NijiEN existence this year.:BijouBijou:
Yeah Uki Sucks ass.
Also i dont like to judge without watching someone that sounds stupid to me.
Rosemi is my favorite so far (at least for now)
Yeah, probably literally.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

This is the better version because it has 10 members and Lapu chan its in that list.
KAWAIKUTE GOMEN LOVE
Super Meche streaming a Yu Yu Hakusho fighting game

Yeah, probably literally.

You got it :lisafingerguns:

More Lapu chan shorts since the change of direction in her content

Picky food eater

She must really be hungry this is another short focused in Food.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Rat coming back :shubaIapprob:

Return stream is at ungodly hours. :pikameefuck:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Onolumi finally begins Lonesome Road

Also, I'm gonna start shilling this dude, who uses a 3D model ripped from Tarkov. You may recognize him as he sometimes pops up on Sleepy's tarkov streams, and he's also friends with Starcat (another frequent Tarkov partner of hers).

This guy's videos are the only good content done of this shitty game

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
checkups can be scary by @DezHsieh.jpg

Checkup time

is this covered by insurance by @DezHsieh.jpg

Suisei isn't that scary...

innocent comet by @su_ponponpopon.jpg

...right?

crying doggo by @MerryTail_.gif

Just don't make the doggo cry, ok?

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

I don't if someone shared this already but, There's this financial report about Nijisanji and it states that NijiJP is siphoning off more fans from NijiEN, They based this on the low profit earnings made by NijiEN while Niji JP continues to grow. This made me believe that Anycolor made the EN branch as a reactionary response to Cover making an EN branch and they have no solid plans for growing the branch rather than throwimg more talents into it.

She should probably have her own thread at this point. In b4 make one. I would, but documenting her weirdo adventures requires Christorian-level dedication.

My God, MOVE ON BITCH!!!
I would normally suggest they're making far too many assumptions without some hyper detailed per-user analytics and those would be really hard to associate the Viewer with the Buyer of goods. Especially on a Quarter by Quarter basis. They might have some visibility into it, but I'd be really surprised if they can get that type of resolution, outside of of Viewership to SC conversion.

Nijisanji isn't that well run. If we take their likely over-assumption as fact, it means their entire Margin is basically in JP buyers of merch. Which likely means they aren't selling merch that a Western Audience wants to buy. Cover might eventually clear 5 million USD a year in plushies alone with how well those have been selling, while at the same time switching far more to a sponsorship/IP type revenue model.

The one thing that I really think people miss on the regular is just how well run Cover is. Yagoo deserves a massive amount of credit in this regard. Cover has its issues, but they've fought against the brutal "fishbowl" mentality that pervades Japanese companies. Someone that knows Moonrune idioms a lot better could find the correct one, but a Japanese friend explained the philosophical approach. It kind of translates out to "fishbowl", but we'd call it "big fish in a small pond" while not quite representing what happens. It's "anything outside of Japan doesn't really exist".

Nijisanji has that Anime Production Company issue where they don't really know how to sell outside of Japan and have failed miserably. Cover knows how to sell outside of Japan, they're just pretty screwed by the still super high air freight rates. They badly need a distribution hub out of the States.

This! :nolanbean:

Niji is being a Japtard in an ENTard world. Cover adapted well, especially their ID branch and they are now reaping the benefits with their members having a high sub and CCV rate.

I wouldn't quite go that far. At least not initially. Niji EN 2.0 did have considerable success in differentiating itself from Holo EN (well, after Luxiem's debut. Before, it was criticised for being too much like Holo EN). Its quick growth was a genuinely sensible strategy to build team synergies while Cover let EN languish at 5 members of questionable chemistry for a year. Luxiem was a slamdunk. And they clearly had farther reaching plans with the concert and everything.

Unfortunately for Niji, ACCELERATE! hit a few snags, management couldn't get the concert delivered on schedule, and while 2022 was a year of Niji win after Niji win, 2023 became the opposite.

Niji has fucked up, that one even Nijinegros hardly dispute these days.

But it did (eventually, after the IN rebrand nonsense) have a plan, and it actually succeeded fairly respectably for a while.

Luxiem and to an extent, Ethyria and Noctyx were successful in a way as it brought more casual fans to the fold. It all started going downhill with ILUNA. Whoever thought of getting 100k+ sub Youtubers that has no personality or Vtubing experience and slapping them on vtuber models that doesn't fit their voices (Kyo Kanegro) should get fired with an AK-47. That was the most stupidest decision they have made and it killed their momentum outright.

A little rough on my end but here's last nights raid wherein Uruka meets Vesper

Vesper!? Our Grampa Spearmaster!?!?

Oh, that Vesper...

I would say this is because Niji from the start was planning to have a lot of members and to add them at a regular pace, so hiring people who were in the same circles made sense to them, they would probably get along and have lots of interaction. Meanwhile Holo was giving zero fucks about how well the new members are going to hit it off and hiring based on individual performance and what they could contribute to a group. Which resulted in people even after 2 years together having trouble interacting with each other properly and usually just retreating into their own little bubbles once mandatory collabs are over. On one hand, it can get kind of boring when HoloJP was often seen as slice of life anime. On the other hand you don't have Uki crashing into collabs left and right. Pick your poison I guess
Eh, I'd disagree with this. Myth is one thing, but CouncilRyS has grown to where all the members have really good chemistry between them, regardless of size or who is in the collab. The stars boys also have great chemistry, too. It is too soon to really tell now, but Advent is also shaping up to fit in well, too. Mumei's open VC art stream and the Gary's Mod Ame stream were both great showings of their integration with the other girls.

Magni/Vesper/Calli/Kronii was also a GOAT combination before MagVes made like a banana and fucking commited seppuku.

One thing about Myth is that any one of them would be the Golden Child of a vtuber generation, they're that good. They are also great in solo streaming and growing their fanbases, tradwrangling them is a different story (chumcucks, KFP). Collabs are a rarity but the girls have great chemistry, albeit a little awkward. Also helps that 3 of them can speak JP. With Councilrys, the group dynamic has become better and with the advent of Advent I can only see them collabing more and more (the GMod stream was BONKERS, wish they play that game more and with different perspectives).

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
If you Love Mechs watch this Watame video
She saved the world from the Invasion of the evil bell peppers with the Help of Bakatare Circus and Botan

Marine explains his father and her sister for thos that didnt know about them already

Also i have to admit im having a Kumarine brainrot lately

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

impromptu rie collab in lia's stream around 31 mins.

Negzana

Kaela might be streaming in the morning for this. She said she had another project planned for MC hopefully it isn't as monotonous as KNB ended up for her

Top Bottom