"Today I saw a beautiful blue eyed girl she had a beautiful pair of sapphire eyes I want to take her eyeballs and adorn my wall with her face"Ouro Kronii(as Nanashi Mumei)

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Shiina is looking forward to seeing more PP on her computer screen today:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
If we're going into industry analysis autism today, I might as well throw my hat in the ring as well - all of the following are my own perspectives and conclusions, they may be wrong or you may not agree, that's what we get for tampering with the asylum cafeteria food:

I think that the vast majority of people that will be interested in VTubers have already integrated themselves in the hobby. Any other Gura-level event should be treated as an anomaly in the data, or as a streamer in general blowing up and not specifically because of being a VTuber. Disregard entirely if they embed their way to success, or use other artificial means of growth.

The core strategy that corpos large and small should utilize, in my opinion, is Unity (not related to the game engine currently tanking every ounce of good will they've earned). For a big company like HoloLive, every hour of the day should have at least one talent streaming through it, so that they can near-seamlessly raid into each other 24/7. This has a greater-than-average chance of the core fanbase staying for talents they otherwise wouldn't watch, if they're not going to their hyper-specific chuuba catering to their wants. With second and even third monitors becoming more and more common, it's never been easier to have constant access to anime girls (or boys) providing entertainment while you go about your day. So, it is up to the talents and their managers to increase inter-company communication, that they can better plan out schedules and content to bleed into each other. These anime women seem to be allergic to scheduling things with each other, so a number of individuals should be hired to help facilitate communication and synchronization between talents, if they don't do it themselves. This should apply for both on-and-off stream, because the talents obviously want to spend time together when not streaming, so let these people handle the social interactions needed to make it happen, that they can unwind and have fun during their downtime. The mental health of these anime women are important, and every effort should be made to prevent possible menhera episodes related to isolation and overwork.

For indies, the strategy is vastly different, and could potentially change at a moment's notice, but it essentially boils down to: the main focus should be on streaming and stream content, and if you're not aiming to be part of a corporation or talent agency but still want big success, then being an entertaining streamer is greater than being an entertaining vtuber. This statement will lead to arguments of pedantism, sure, but the general message should at least be understandable. To simplify it, outside of the hyper-focused fans (us, for example), people won't really care about indie chuubas no matter how many times "#VTuberUprising" is xweeted, so you would be competing with streamers at large. If you're a hobbyist, this shouldn't be a problem, but if you're a number[FRIEND] it would benefit you more to slowly build up your experience in skills to eventually be part of a talent agency/corpo. Making it big as an indie is tough for any creator in any field, not just streaming, so keep working on your content if that's what you really want to do, and learn to live within your means; success is not guaranteed, but you would have a better chance than most who are taking on the mantle of anime streamer on the internet.

tl;dr: start creating, stop xweeting

YlAkZ02UzAWk

In PhaseShill news
Lumi is playing worst Guildwars with history hag Clio in chat

Uruka is drawing cursed shit pretty cute Pippa

Lia is streaming pixel horror

While shiina is continuing outlast

Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
:architect: Watame got her HoloSummer Bingo prize.

Anime Fan

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I wasn't expecting to see this today:loading:

Ugh, can't these culture war fags just fuck off and stop using vtubing as their new sparring ground? I don't just mean the troons, flam too, I hate everyone involved in perpetuating this retarded slapfight and bringing politically charged morons into this community just so they can begin worming their way into it and rotting it from within.

Edit: That's the only thing I ever disliked about pippa, her interfacing with lolcows and schizos online because it's "based" and making them aware that vtubing exists.

Last edited:

Praid

Just another idiot
Ugh, can't these culture war fags just fuck off and stop using vtubing as their new sparring ground? I don't just mean the troons, flam too, I hate everyone involved in perpetuating this retarded slapfight and bringing politically charged morons into this community just so they can begin worming their way into it and rotting it from within.

Edit: That's the only thing I ever disliked about pippa, her interfacing with lolcows and schizos online because it's "based" and making them aware that vtubing exists.
Like anything with popularity, it was bound to attract bad actors wanting to stir shit. It was only a matter of time. Don't worry, they'll leave eventually.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
For example, it's a pretty well known detail that a huge chunk of Gura's watchers ONLY watch Gura. They show up for Gura and then leave when Gura isn't streaming.
"Well-known detail" that was never really proven. It's not like we have some kind of statistic that can indicate this or something. And with how YT algorithm works, just by watching Gura streams you would be recommended a bunch of Holo streams/vods.

We already had an instance that contradicts with this statement. Back when Gura had an impromptu collab with Kaela in MC, her first solo MC after this got up to 9k ccv which was considered high for ID besides Kobo. Sure not all of they stay around, but it shows that they were insterested enough to check someone else out. I'm quite sure even our resident Kaela lover who is already cynical with Gura wished for more GuraxKaela collabs so her number can be boosted (his own words not mine).

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
OHAPOL! :polkasticks:

Legend of Polka: Staff Vs. Staff!
A-chan gets unusually fired up to flex her senpai muscles on Staff member Izutsu.

Botan fangirls about her new keyboard. (And my dream board, if they weren't so damn expensive.)

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I'm quite sure even our resident Kaela lover who is already cynical with Gura wished for more GuraxKaela collabs so her number can be boosted (his own words not mine).
Nobody that actually watches her wants that. The Gura hanger-ons were pretty annoying after their initial set of collabs.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
:crushautistic:Yes, it's time to sperg out

(timestamped at 9:45 for their reaction)

I'm pretty sure Lauren/nippleguy (being a previous top 50 DPS in OW) immediately focused in on Surefour winning the 1v1 Widowmaker tournament at OWL long ago

(not the winning match but it was an insane shot)
He's probably pretty washed compared to then but I'm glad they still put on a good show. Hoping for a future where Selen somehow manages to overcome the language barrier and actually brings some of these people together instead of just invading the Shibuya HAL customs. 🌈 (although he seems pretty happy with all the random
pros/ex-pros that Selen has been able to drag over there)
(also it's kind of funny because s4 has played in a few of these customs but Lauren was the first person to really recognise him AFAIK)

It's hard to think of Surefour as being anything but a memelord to me, honestly. I didn't watch him at all during his pro OW days because, well, lol Pro OW. So it is funny to see him get recognized for that after such a long time.

I have been doing other things this evening and just came back, but on the topic of Gura, did she really just release a woopie cushion as merch?

Clip: something something Korean-Canadians and Uno.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

"Well-known detail" that was never really proven. It's not like we have some kind of statistic that can indicate this or something. And with how YT algorithm works, just by watching Gura streams you would be recommended a bunch of Holo streams/vods.

We already had an instance that contradicts with this statement. Back when Gura had an impromptu collab with Kaela in MC, her first solo MC after this got up to 9k ccv which was considered high for ID besides Kobo. Sure not all of they stay around, but it shows that they were insterested enough to check someone else out. I'm quite sure even our resident Kaela lover who is already cynical with Gura wished for more GuraxKaela collabs so her number can be boosted (his own words not mine).
At risk of being a numbafag here and to use their terminology, it's important to understand the "box" that Hololive has, which is their total CCVs across all their talents at any given point, to get a clear picture. The typical total CCV across all talents should be somewhat consistent but it noticeably spikes when Gura streams, meaning she's not just pulling viewers from other talents but out of thin air as well.

I'm not referring to something like 60% of her audience but a notable chunk of it is. Those Gura fans I'm referring to are the kids that are handed an ipad by their parents and then left to be babysit by Gura. I believe it was in the most recent Cover financial data that there was 7% percentage of their audience being on tablet, which lined up with 6.7% of the audience being <18 yrs old. 9k CCV for Kaela after that collab hardly means much considering the numbers that Gura was pulling at the time, that's mainly the adults that are willing to check out other talents, not the kids.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
At risk of being a numbafag here and to use their terminology, it's important to understand the "box" that Hololive has, which is their total CCVs across all their talents at any given point, to get a clear picture. The typical total CCV across all talents should be somewhat consistent but it noticeably spikes when Gura streams, meaning she's not just pulling viewers from other talents but out of thin air as well.

I'm not referring to something like 60% of her audience but a notable chunk of it is. Those Gura fans I'm referring to are the kids that are handed an ipad by their parents and then left to be babysit by Gura. I believe it was in the most recent Cover financial data that there was 7% percentage of their audience being on tablet, which lined up with 6.7% of the audience being <18 yrs old. 9k CCV for Kaela after that collab hardly means much considering the numbers that Gura was pulling at the time, that's mainly the adults that are willing to check out other talents, not the kids.
I'm not gonna comment on whether the numbers show the way or not but it is true Gura is the most normie-friendly chuuba from one of the more normie-friendly agencies (for weebs and idolfags). Most people who don't really give a shit about vtubers do know "the shark girl".

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Can't take this tard anywhere in public...

I'm sure it's likely most of the people commenting in-game there are her fans (and obviously Clio is there), but her reaction is great. She's also trolled like this before in the past in online games and finds great amusement in doing so. Even funnier this is a sponsored stream, and this also isn't the first time she's done shit like this in a sponsored stream for an online game.
:whatastory:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Can't take this tard anywhere in public...

I'm sure it's likely most of the people commenting in-game there are her fans (and obviously Clio is there), but her reaction is great. She's also trolled like this before in the past in online games and finds great amusement in doing so. Even funnier this is a sponsored stream, and this also isn't the first time she's done shit like this in a sponsored stream for an online game.
:whatastory:

>Clio's tag is [HAG]
:ironmousekek:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Axel was late for his stream today by almost an hour. Matsuri posted in chat about 40 minutes after his stream was supposed to start saying she woke him up. He starts his stream and said she called and woke him up.

1000007804.jpg

Did Matsuri find out what he looks like and set her eyes on him? I don't think they have had many interactions before this. Is the dingo in danger of yet another menhera woman pining for him? Find out next time on HomoBall Z.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Top Bottom