"gacha games are poison. i like poison 🥹"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Henya revealed that she'll have a collab with Pomu next month then proceeds to sing Snake Eater while climbing a ladder.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I posted the same thing somewhere on this board, I agree. Holostars are in a shitty position where they can't really take advantage of Hololive's brand name success cus of difficulty in collabing with the main branch girls.

Axel seems to be adapting by following the Astel route and taking part in a lot of JP server events and tournaments and rizzing/messing with JP girls. I think the other stars penis-havers who can't speak JP can grow if they get more freedom in collabing with small corpos and indies, something the main HL EN girls can't seem to do easily or maybe don't want to do much besides Kiara. I was surprised to see Flayon of all people doing this with that brit ikea shark girl recently, and both Magni and blue boy did some collabs with some OfflineTV streamers a long while back. But yeah NijiEN would be prob be an upgrade for most HL Stars guys.. even in their current troubled state.
While I have no intention of applying to Cover, I did take some time to think about how one should approach the situation of being in Holostars (JP or EN).

The primary issue I think for the Holostars is they don't really grasp what Cover is, in totality, and, as a result, don't leverage it all that well. Cover is: a technology company that, to push their tech forward, has a massive Japanese Idol-like branch of streamers using a hybrid of 2D and 3D models to present their entertainment. This means Cover also is a massive Music Publisher by number of releases of original, wholly owned music.

What's the audience for 2D / 3D Vtubers? Heavily male skewed.

How much of a problem can unicorns be? A big one.

So, that ground work lends itself to going in a few directions. You actually need to build a male audience while also dragging in a female one in the process. Most of the HolostarJP are a pretty balanced audience, per a few of their statements. This means leaning into areas with something like 70/30 Male/Female appeal, while still doing activities that lean hard to one side or the other on the regular. (Cover should have some fairly advanced analytics on Who Watches When, which would tell you when its best to do certain activities.)

This is why those WoW streams were doing really well. MMOs have that 70/30 split. But it also means their music direction/approach has normally been very bad. I'm not saying everything should be a dance song, but I am saying a lot more of them need to be. And, with access to that much original music, I'd be releasing Remixes of the tracks I can get access to in the CityPop or Dance Pop styles almost weekly. (I also think very few, if any, Cover vtubers actually leverages their Memberships well. That's where you should be testing out things.)

I actually think Flayon is finding a niche of being the Degen Game player, though the fact he got stuck with the twink model actually makes that work better. Plus he collabed with Rin, which was a solid move. Though I do think most in Cover don't realize that their primary advertising is the YT Algo, which means Network Effects are huge for improving their audience. They don't need to go full Ludwig and show up everywhere, but it matters.

While I'm taking this from a Business Analysis view point, I do also want to note that there is entire areas of YT content that they aren't even attempting to bridge over to. I think that's mostly due to the deeply introverted game players that is both most of the Vtubers and the Management of Cover, but the male Vtubers should really look into branching out quite a bit. There's the occasional break out, like when Azki dove into GeoGuesser, which probably made her 1/4 mil USD. (GeoGuesser is like a 95/5 Male/Female split area of YT, which is why it was perfect for one of the girls to go into. Helps she's really, really good.)

This is a long way of saying I think Ame is the only Cover Vtuber to understand the nature of what the opportunities present for both her own creativity and money making. Suisei has a pretty good read on Cover as a springboard.

I injured my ankle a couple of months ago and had a long time to sit and watch Vtubers (I signed up here not long after). I had time to think about what they could do to improve the situation.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
And I missed the Rissa part but I assume she said something about her too
She mentioned someone who was in "an agency that demanded 1k subscribers in two weeks" or something like that

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Aren't we coming up on this site's one year anniversary in a few weeks? We should do something special for it like maybe awards for most retarded poster. I nominate myself of course because I'm biased.

water-spray-stop.gif

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I can understand a bit his beef with "free work" I've been on both sides and I get it. But fuwamoco's thing is basically a contest open to everyone and it's a perfect way to get your name out there and maybe even put your foot at the door at being part of the holoEN network of artists they have on speed dial. Sure it'd be nice if the girls put money upfront but I doubt they wouldn't give you something if they end up using your thing, after all cover is an oriental corpo. They would need to be sure you don't end up being a fag like the firewatch devs and DMCA them one day cause you had a bad dilation day. His spergout is absolutely retarded and comes off as such a diva that you shouldn't hire for anything.
The important thing to note is that it's extremely unlikely any Cover employee could actually offer money directly via Social Media. You have the laws of >120 countries that could easily come back to bite you in the ass, as does it count as a "contest"? Actually, even just inside the USA, there's really different laws between States.

That said, if I was doing something like this, I'd find a way to send the winners some sort of monetary compensation, but it couldn't be directly tied to a contest. (i.e. commission a doodle for $100 bucks, lol)

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
The important thing to note is that it's extremely unlikely any Cover employee could actually offer money directly via Social Media. You have the laws of >120 countries that could easily come back to bite you in the ass, as does it count as a "contest"? Actually, even just inside the USA, there's really different laws between States.

That said, if I was doing something like this, I'd find a way to send the winners some sort of monetary compensation, but it couldn't be directly tied to a contest. (i.e. commission a doodle for $100 bucks, lol)
Especially since Japan is still autistic about monetary rewards for contests. It took decades for fighting game tournaments to be able to start giving cash rewards in Japan.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
So looking at the Sunshine vs Nighttime concerts the main draws seems to be for each:

Sunshine
-Aki
-Risu
-Suisei
-Sora
-Azki
-Kobo
-Mumei

Night
-Towa
-Korone
-Okayu
-Mori (lol)

The Nighttime has some standout performers (Korone is a solid singer and a god tier performer), but Sunshine is so absolutely stacked I might consider watching since it also has Watame and Lui and especially if it really has Kaela
No Moona, no care.
-Jimmy Hendrix ?

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So looking at the Sunshine vs Nighttime concerts the main draws seems to be for each:

Sunshine
-Aki
-Risu
-Suisei
-Sora
-Azki
-Kobo
-Mumei

Night
-Towa
-Korone
-Okayu
-Mori (lol)

The Nighttime has some standout performers (Korone is a solid singer and a god tier performer), but Sunshine is so absolutely stacked I might consider watching since it also has Watame and Lui and especially if it really has Kaela
They keep throwing Mumei on a different day than IRyS (and the rest of council), so I have to get both again. Jerks.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

now that you mention it the japanese autism forbids them from giving monetary prizes so that Yamanbafaggot was sperging over nothing basically :NOWWELAUGH:
I doubt fuwamoco are scumbags who will just use the bgm without giving something back so I think once they pick someone they will just have cover come in and have the artist sign away the rights for a sum of money as if he was a contractor. Imagine burning a bridge this hard over something so stupid.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I hope they do a Zaion and burn all their bridges to give their fans peace of mind

The fans deserve it

I think when Zaion did what she did, she destroyed any possibility she'd work with an agency ever again in the future, and she felt that that was an acceptable outcome - maybe she had no desire to ever do so again anyway. Maybe Vesper and/or Magni will do the same math and come to the same conclusion and drop some news. If they do we can give up on the idea of them joining Vshonen or NijiMEN or IdolBros or whatever.

Proctor moves to the US and gets shot by the police during a routine traffic stop becuase he talks funny arc happens when?

Naah, cops don't shoot people because they talk funny. Cops shoot people because they're black. Or dogs. Or because the cop is female. Or because the cop's wife finally got fed up with the domestic abuse and left. But not because the person they shot talks funny.

jesus all these faggots write all the same. If you ever need to commission something you have to fucking browse through so many of these faggots is not even funny. It's also hilarious how retarded he is, kanauru was doing 3d shitposts for free for the girls and now he's basically the unofficial 3d animator for EN and you know why? because he kept his mouth shut and worked his ass off. Badmouthing clients for something so retarded is just a great way to ruin whatever career you have.

So I'm getting dragged on Twitter because I took this guy's side, and I predict I'll get dragged here too. But that's okay because he, and I, are still right - if you want a 10-second jingle made in a certain way and done by a certain time, the appropriate thing to do is to contact a musician and work out a contract and drop some money, not ask your community for free labor.

"But fan artists! Holocure!" Sure, but the difference there is the fan work is initiated by the artist themselves for their own entertainment, practice, or whatever. Nobody at Hololive approached the Holocure team and told them what work they wanted done and when they wanted it done by. When you start defining terms and deadlines like Fuwamoco did, it's an entirely different situation.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
They keep throwing Mumei on a different day than IRyS (and the rest of council), so I have to get both again. Jerks.
You shouldn't have said anything. They clearly did this just to spite you.
:smugrys:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Sakana came first in the Phase Connect mahjong community tournament.

Haters will say it's fake.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
You shouldn't have said anything. They clearly did this just to spite you.
:smugrys:
You know, with how contrarian you are towards me sometimes, I’m beginning to think you’re a non-ironic BaeRyS shipper and you feel threatened by my (imaginary(real)) relationship with IRyS.
Edit:
BaeRyS has been dead for months, so, luckily for me, I'm not. Also, I'm not contrarian towards you, I just don't agree with you on a lot of things.
Crumbs https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/general-vtuber-discussion.1/post-170527

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
You know, with how contrarian you are towards me sometimes, I’m beginning to think you’re a non-ironic BaeRyS shipper and you feel threatened by my (imaginary(real)) relationship with IRyS.
BaeRyS has been dead for months, and, luckily for me, I'm not. Also, I'm not contrarian towards you, I just don't agree with you on a lot of things.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I can't believe Shiori's going to KO from the coof so soon after I started liking her, RIP

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

Short

God Damn the Sun
Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Not gonna lie, them going to VShonen instead of Niji EN would be even funnier. Or Prof Lando and Randon joining Mythic
I don't think they would ever join NijiEN especially when so many talents seem to be jumping ship.

She's got a lovely, soothing voice.

She has an amazing voice. The HavenX girls were all very talented. Goes to show how dogshit management can basically tank anyone.

(A)

Saw this figured I'd share. Make me wonder why they did the whole announcement of "ToS" change though.

Guessing some haters might be making AI "gas the jews" soundclips or some shit with some of the talents. That or they are trying to bait the internet into making a shitload of AI content with the girls because if there is something the people hate is when others tell them that they can't do something.

Based

She did mention at Anime Expo that there would be a big surprise this year :cursedbae:

It's really hard to imagine that they would leave Tempus for it though, assuming that it's even in the works (they are supposed to be debuting more JP talents this year). She's most likely being coy about their roommate accounts rather than hinting at anything else - IIRC her comments about PIkamee were way more blatant, though I've forgotten the exact wording.
I have a feeling that maybe she learned about the issue beforehand and jumped at the opportunity to maybe talk to them into possibly joining. If Vshojo comes out with a Male branch I think that clip is an indication that Magmo and Gramps might make an appearance.

I can understand a bit his beef with "free work" I've been on both sides and I get it. But fuwamoco's thing is basically a contest open to everyone and it's a perfect way to get your name out there and maybe even put your foot at the door at being part of the holoEN network of artists they have on speed dial. Sure it'd be nice if the girls put money upfront but I doubt they wouldn't give you something if they end up using your thing, after all cover is an oriental corpo. They would need to be sure you don't end up being a fag like the firewatch devs and DMCA them one day cause you had a bad dilation day. His spergout is absolutely retarded and comes off as such a diva that you shouldn't hire for anything.
Most "issues" on the internet would be solved if the person getting offended would just ignore that thing they are sperging out.

Another prime example of why I fucking despise artists nowadays, entitled fags who would charge you for drawing a stick figure on a napkin or whistling while inside your house. I hope AI eventually does replace these people because fucking hell I cannot stand this crap.

Pretty much the same as the industry standard, though they do ask for your highest rank in games and what games you play (obviously FPS autism check) and they ask for 2 videos instead of one, one introduction and one showcase of ability. Singing ability is not a priority.

VSPO sounds good for gamers and people who like that sort of thing but not much else, they have basically no notoriety in the west and mostly feed off of nip FPS addiction, the vtuber thing is a gimmick for the most part, they could be fleshtubers and nothing would change since the appeal is the gaming skill.
The type of people that will get replaced by AI.

jesus all these faggots write all the same. If you ever need to commission something you have to fucking browse through so many of these faggots is not even funny. It's also hilarious how retarded he is, kanauru was doing 3d shitposts for free for the girls and now he's basically the unofficial 3d animator for EN and you know why? because he kept his mouth shut and worked his ass off. Badmouthing clients for something so retarded is just a great way to ruin whatever career you have.
Kanauru had the whole issue with the Mumei Dan Dan video and he didnt say shit. Bitching and moaning about things more often than not leads to people not wanting to want to work with you.

"But fan artists! Holocure!" Sure, but the difference there is the fan work is initiated by the artist themselves for their own entertainment, practice, or whatever. Nobody at Hololive approached the Holocure team and told them what work they wanted done and when they wanted it done by. When you start defining terms and deadlines like Fuwamoco did, it's an entirely different situation.
This in a way goes hand in hand with "paying in exposure". No one is forcing anyone to do anything. If you like the idea and want to participate, join up. If you don't then don't.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I think when Zaion did what she did, she destroyed any possibility she'd work with an agency ever again in the future, and she felt that that was an acceptable outcome - maybe she had no desire to ever do so again anyway. Maybe Vesper and/or Magni will do the same math and come to the same conclusion and drop some news. If they do we can give up on the idea of them joining Vshonen or NijiMEN or IdolBros or whatever.

Naah, cops don't shoot people because they talk funny. Cops shoot people because they're black. Or dogs. Or because the cop is female. Or because the cop's wife finally got fed up with the domestic abuse and left. But not because the person they shot talks funny.

So I'm getting dragged on Twitter because I took this guy's side, and I predict I'll get dragged here too. But that's okay because he, and I, are still right - if you want a 10-second jingle made in a certain way and done by a certain time, the appropriate thing to do is to contact a musician and work out a contract and drop some money, not ask your community for free labor.

Ngl, i know the "for exposure" argument usually is annoying but, in this case, for Holo, its valid

It gives a chance for a community to interact with a creator, and Holo itself has been shown to be very generous towards its fan contributors, so it geniuenly does seem like a way for someone to get something as we've seen with Ririsaya (who also participated in a remix contest)

It does have deadlines but like, at the end of the day, it is a smaller piece, with the usual corpo autism probably blocking many avenues of compensating a fan, so thats that

Also, tbh, the "u know im right" attitude makes you sound like a fag but thats besides the point

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom