"Once upon a time there was a good girl named Kronii, She always made sure to do her chores and go to bed on time. But little did her parents know, she was actually not real. 'SHE'S REAL TO ME!' he screamed and flipped himself over. For eternity, he would wander thinking of her. Wanting her"CouncilRyS

DEV_IS Discussion/Debut Thread

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@nooternun

I too am interested in how they'll do things with the Rakugo one. While the Rakugo theaters are down to just a few, it's still a great comedy form and JP Vtubers are basically modern versions of them. Right down to sitting in place and only flailing a bit. Zatsudans are basically the exact same concept, just one is a response setup while Rakugo is a pre-known comedy script.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Wow 12 pages and no info of the girls.Happy for their ferric Op Sec.:gurasemperfi:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Wow 12 pages and no info of the girls.Happy for their ferric Op Sec.:gurasemperfi:
My guess is they are either nobodies or so far separated from the VTuber industry that they are hard to place.
I like the insight about turning the dev_is logo upside down
Is it supposed to spell "STAGE" like the page says? That seems like a stretch to me.
1000007610.jpg

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Voices haven't been verified, but once they are I would expect a large chunk of info to drop.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
My guess is they are either nobodies or so far separated from the VTuber industry that they are hard to place.

Is it supposed to spell "STAGE" like the page says? That seems like a stretch to me.
View attachment 44126
Yea, it's a stretch but the 7 in regloss ended up being a nothingburger too. Just something interesting and new.
@nooternun

I too am interested in how they'll do things with the Rakugo one. While the Rakugo theaters are down to just a few, it's still a great comedy form and JP Vtubers are basically modern versions of them. Right down to sitting in place and only flailing a bit. Zatsudans are basically the exact same concept, just one is a response setup while Rakugo is a pre-known comedy script.
It does seem to be an in person art form though. Reading Akane Banashi currently but otherwise I know very little about it.

I really think that Cover is going to try and get things girls out IRL as much as possible. JP indies I follow do shows or showcases or other IRL yied events often enough. They will need to do something as there is little hype about Regloss from what I can see.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Yea, it's a stretch but the 7 in regloss ended up being a nothingburger too. Just something interesting and new.

It does seem to be an in person art form though. Reading Akane Banashi currently but otherwise I know very little about it.

I really think that Cover is going to try and get things girls out IRL as much as possible. JP indies I follow do shows or showcases or other IRL yied events often enough. They will need to do something as there is little hype about Regloss from what I can see.
I still think there may be some kind of app involved. The name "DEV_IS" and the phone thing from the first trailer make it feel like there is more to all this. Device just doesn't make sense in any way, yet.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I still think there may be some kind of app involved. The name "DEV_IS" and the phone thing from the first trailer make it feel like there is more to all this. Device just doesn't make sense in any way, yet.
More apps? I am still waiting for the JP only one to come to EN. I think Device is just Japlish or as a new branch Covers device to expand their audience. I saw someone comment that after Regloss the next wave will be a FPS group.

8bit already covered them

Ao is popular with Shiori too. She's probably one of the reasons why Suisei can't have black hair with blue highlights too.

Last edited:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Y'know it'll be pretty funny if they did get a big name or few and nobody had a damn clue until they start talking on stream. Granted, not like I would know shit about who is who or was "big." I just know some people keep waiting for a few to pop back up. With Advent having popped out I gotta say Cover still doesn't seem to take Ls on their talent scouting so don't think there's too much to worry about there yet in any case.

It's a shame that the culling keeps happening. Really trying to hammer them down on top of the less than steller marketing start. It's also weird it skipped like 4 different groups before happening a second time. I could see Tempus not blowing up avoiding any issues but you would think HoloX possibly should've if these girls are getting hard tanked despite not even seeing crazy numbers. You do make me wonder if swapping to new channels would actually do much.
Honestly kind of wish they would, it would be interesting to see if it happened again or not. Hell it would probably be a decent thing for Cover to know and find out too. Doubt they could just ask youtube because even youtube never seems to know what the actual fuck it's doing or how it works.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Management really fucked it, that's pretty much all that happened.

In this case I think the biggest problem is the DEV_IS channel. The easiest way to find the talent channels from the DEV_IS main channel. BUT anyone who subscribes to five channels at once from the Channels tab is likely to be culled, because YT sees subbing to multiple channels without having engaged with that channel directly as bot behavior. In this case not having a project channel is better since then YT will trick itself into thinking fans find the talent channels more organically.

Also, 12s intro videos are a good move but aren't enough to appease the algo, and their release felt a bit slow.
Advent had 30s intros that went up the same hour as the uncensored trailer and channel release.
HoloX shock debut meant the debut streams happened the same day the channels went public.

It shouldn't affect algo recommendations but it will cripple their sub growth like Council's is. Sub cull is a combination of forcibly unsubbing people, and hiding the actual sub numbers from accounts YT false positives as not legit.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Management really fucked it, that's pretty much all that happened.

In this case I think the biggest problem is the DEV_IS channel. The easiest way to find the talent channels from the DEV_IS main channel. BUT anyone who subscribes to five channels at once from the Channels tab is likely to be culled, because YT sees subbing to multiple channels without having engaged with that channel directly as bot behavior. In this case not having a project channel is better since then YT will trick itself into thinking fans find the talent channels more organically.

Also, 12s intro videos are a good move but aren't enough to appease the algo, and their release felt a bit slow.
Advent had 30s intros that went up the same hour as the uncensored trailer and channel release.
HoloX shock debut meant the debut streams happened the same day the channels went public.

It shouldn't affect algo recommendations but it will cripple their sub growth like Council's is. Sub cull is a combination of forcibly unsubbing people, and hiding the actual sub numbers from accounts YT false positives as not legit.
I wonder if Cover hired anyone who does youtube specific algorithm optimization? Like a SEO professional but for YT... Then again it might be useless because even YT seems like they don't fully understand how their shit works. Also, considering as a human I have to take a certain amount time to actually click the subscribe buttons do people who build bots also make them slower to appear more human?

On the bright side their debut song is doing really well, hoping it hits 1 mill before they debut.

One possible person Ao might have been Shio from this now defunct group.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I dont know if a HoloX reveal would have worked to be honest. JUST the teaser and then debuts but thats because you dont have to explain to the viewers what Holo is because you had like 6 groups before them.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I actually just think no one has any real idea who any of them are lol. Unless someone provides real proof, I am just gonna consider everything a rrat until post-debut. A lot of these 1 and 2 views that get brought up had such shitty mics that it is impossible to compare them with the studio quality audio of the MV.

Anyway, L2D shown off for Ao, Kanade, and Ririka:

Edit: Raden

Edit2: Hajime

Last edited:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I wonder if people remember that HoloX also got hit with subcull, just not as bad as Council. I remember at least one of them (Laplus?) complaining about it on Twitter.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I actually just think no one has any real idea who any of them are lol. Unless someone provides real proof, I am just gonna consider everything a rrat until post-debut. A lot of these 1 and 2 views that get brought up had such shitty mics that it is impossible to compare them with the studio quality audio of the MV.

Ririka taking pride in being the boing boing of her gen

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I wonder if people remember that HoloX also got hit with subcull, just not as bad as Council. I remember at least one of them (Laplus) complaining about it on Twitter.
People seem to remember. Even Advent got hit. It was still no where near how bad Council and now ReGLOSS got it.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Ok, a girl in a sport coat and dress pants is one thing. But doing that and then giving her those shoes?!?!!?
:gurastress:

1694142766077.png

The Rrat

Early Adopter

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

Edit: Raden

Edit2: Hajime

Radens design is soo on point. She looks almost porcelain but her eyes are complex and bright. Around the eyes and nose there is shading or makeup and it looks so well done. In general they all have a different art style so very good job.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Radens design is soo on point. She looks almost porcelain but her eyes are complex and bright. Around the eyes and nose there is shading or makeup and it looks so well done. In general they all have a different art style so very good job.
Also it looks really good in motion. It's by far the best teaser trailer for this reason.

Top Bottom