"Oh god the gender shit, get out of here"Pomu Rainpuff
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

DEV_IS Discussion/Debut Thread

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Imagine all the people in the site just confused as hell on why is someone just straight up bringing beer in the fucking studio
While I agree, I also imagine she isn't the first that needed a bit of "liquid courage" for a show. She just might be the first one to bring the entire pack to the place.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I overslept and missed them but goddamn. Even reading through the thread beforehand didn't prepare me for whatever the fuck was Raden's debut. The woman really had a drinking zatsudan stream, promised to reveal her face and just never did. Honestly I hope she keeps the mask on most of the time. This is what I was hoping from Chloe when her design was first revealed, a chuuba with a mask that actually uses it more often than not. Maybe she'll only reveal her face for moments at a time or maybe she'll save it for special streams but she's already shown that she can be hilarious with just her voice and movements alone.

I'm still wondering if Hajime was speaking Japanese but it's cool to have someone focused on dance in Holo. The fashion segment was great and I like the whole "delinquent that wants to enjoy youth" thing (helps that her anime taste indicates hag). The voice reminded me of Debi Debiru too which is never a bad thing. She said she wants to choreograph for other Holo members so I'm looking forward to seeing her name in the credits of someone's live. I'm hoping these girls get 3D faster than usual so that she can really show off what she can do.

Seems like Cover's selection process has once again proven that it doesn't miss. While they definitely should have been 45 minutes, all of these girls had solid debuts. Ao's was the most standard but it's good to have someone balance out the chaotic vibes the other 4 gave off. I can't say I'll watch any of them regularly but I'm excited to see where they go and where DEV_IS as a whole is heading.

Also get Raden, Lui, Lamy and Aki in a room asap. The drinking collab is going to be peak content.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
She is my favorite

Anyone who loves YGO cant be a bad vtuber
A shame Holo is permacucked by Konami

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
>drinks all stream
>mentions twice she really wants to smoke
>doesn't show her model's face
>doesn't discuss her fan name or art tag
>speedruns through mentioning her mama and papa at the last minute
>doesn't discuss her favorite animes, mangas, hobbies, games, music, or fucking anything
What in the fuck just happened?
Throwback to pre Sankisei debuts.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
She is my favorite

Anyone who loves YGO cant be a bad vtuber
A shame Holo is permacucked by Konami

It is hopefully improving. Kanade can at least geek out over it with the other yugioh-brained girls.

Negzana

I missed the debuts and only subbed them because I felt bad about the sub culls and so I have a stream recommended from one

Used to like DDLC when it came out, kind of introduced me to horror where reality glitches out (Twin Peaks did it way better)

ペンネーム

Did Raden mention a cover in her debut?

If you haven't heard the original, I found it.

Raden is a treasure. My favorite debut stream ever. Fuck the format, I'm doing whatever the fuck I want is big time energy and huge freaking balls.

VTuberBobDole

Had one of my kid's birthday and family over yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to catch up on the 2nd day of debuts until now.

This shit has to be deliberate.

Props to her for selling it

Raden: Felt like one of those acts that are meant to seem like they are off the cuff/improv, but I think this was her plan all along. She did well though, if it was a little crazy. As others said, sounds a bit like Marine (and her impression was dead on) and that Peko laugh... Like Ririka though she talks fast and I think there are a lot of JP culture-specific references, so I don't think she'll be much for us EN unless you are a diehard weeb. (Which I'm sure of her chat will be.) It's too bad about the mask the entire time, she has probably the best design and face out of all of them, IMO. I see from scrubbing around on her stream from today that she finally takes it off near the end. I thought maybe her face and/or mouth tracking was maybe scuffed and they were using her lore to cover it up with the mask, but I guess it was just part of the bit!

Speaking of that though, it seemed like all their mouth tracking was pretty scuffed, it barely moves when they talk. Reminds me of Axel. (Did they ever get his fixed?) Someone said that maybe that was because they might have been using a shared system in the studio, do they need personal calibrations? Has it gotten any better in their other streams where they are using their own setups (if they are)?

[Nothing I felt I needed to quote for Hajime]

Hajime: Chuuni/baby/bratty voice, reminds me of La+ or Kobo or even Luna, though she didn't seem to play into quite as much. The little IRL fashion show was cute and different at least. Not much else to say, as it seemed pretty standard otherwise with likes, dislike, mama/papa, tags, etc.

Might or might not get to the full gen collab, or maybe I'll just look up clips when I get time. My favorite was Kanade with the meme energy and sense of humor, but I don't think any of them are enough to draw my limited time away from EN with Advent now streaming also. Fun to watch from time to time though and will be interesting to see what they do with DEV_IS to really differentiate it.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Honestly I hope she keeps the mask on most of the time. This is what I was hoping from Chloe when her design was first revealed, a chuuba with a mask that actually uses it more often than not. Maybe she'll only reveal her face for moments at a time or maybe she'll save it for special streams but she's already shown that she can be hilarious with just her voice and movements alone.
Looks like you might get your wish, Raden kept it on most of her unofficial debut stream.

Clip about her habbits from said stream

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Raden is a treasure. My favorite debut stream ever. Fuck the format, I'm doing whatever the fuck I want is big time energy and huge freaking balls.
A reddit post is claiming her talking to herself and not showing her face part of her debut was deliberate and referencing a rakugo story, the tiny model and white background was legit EN curse, and she got bonked for it.

So, according to Raden, her over-the-top debut stream was a reference to a rakugo story, Umanosu.Discussion (self.Hololive)
submitted 7 hours ago * by gilbertwan701
The story goes like this. A man(A) was fishing by the river, when suddenly the string on his rod broke. A tried to solve the problem by pulling some hair from a tail of a horse nearby. The man's friend(B) witnessed that and said to him,"Oh no, you pulled some hair from a horse tail. Now something terrible will happen."
A tried to get B to tell him what will happened, but B want some booze from A before he can tell the story. So A took B to his house and gave him booze, trying to make him talk. But B kept switching the topic of conversation every time when they are almost getting to the point, and kept drinking and eating during the talk.
Finally, after having all the booze and snacks A had in his house, B finally tells A the rest of the story. B:"Alright, I'll tell you what will happen if you pull some hair out of a horse tail. If you pull out some horse tail hair...The horse will..."
A:"The horse will..."
B:"The horse will get hurt."
Raden's debut stream started with two women talking about what will happen if you see the face under Raden's mask. But throughout the stream, Raden kept talking and drinking and never showed her face, and in the end no one knows what will happen if we see her face, let alone knowing anything important about her.
It was a bold move to use your debut as a reference to a story, since she DID get scolded after that.
Edit: Although the "keep talking and nothing is revealed" part was planned, apparently her avatar being so small and the background with nothing but white was completely due to accident.

Negzana

I saw on vt that apparently Raden got into Hololive due to Aki's Shallys. Is that true?

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I saw on vt that apparently Raden got into Hololive due to Aki's Shallys. Is that true?
She is a big fan of Aki so I wouldn't be surprised, I only watched a portion of her stream last night though and didn't hear anything about it so I may have missed it if there's any

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
She is a big fan of Aki so I wouldn't be surprised, I only watched a portion of her stream last night though and didn't hear anything about it so I may have missed it if there's any
This clip shows her appreciation for Aki

Makes sense as Aki's is quite artistic and Raden seems to love arts and culture.

Negzana

This clip shows her appreciation for Aki

Makes sense as Aki's is quite artistic and Raden seems to love arts and culture.

smoker/gambler thing filters me but that's cool, nice for a vtuber to have Aki as an oshi for once.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Kanade is defiantly Korean

Oof, 20k people

Also, lives at home

A
And overseas

Also, I think they would be friends too

So did we ever find out who is who?

Last edited:

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Kanade is defiantly Korean

Oof, 20k people

Also, lives at home

A
Also, I think they would be friends too

So did we ever find out who is who?

So the new branch is also for NO-Japanese people? But having a Korean with 4 Japanese girls doesnt make sense otherwise(or maybe she is zainichi that lives in Korea who knows,unless we have some proof)
Also these vt/ niggas beat me to all the jokes i wanted to do
1694650457739.png
"Hey now, Korean women have a history of entertaining Japanese men."
">Kanade-chan, welcome to Hololive! Let's meet up at my home later so I can give you a nice "hug"
Finally check the rest of the girls to see if they are also Hafu or from some kind of minority.
JFT cant be a fucking Gook or Chink but just to be sure.
Hajime may be obviously to find due to that Kansai Accent.

God's Strongest Dragoon

"Just like the ocean needs water to thrive and the sun needs light to shine, I just need tobacco and alcohol in my life"
Yagoo, why must you tempt me

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
It's been a second since they debuted but it's unsettling that my initial favorite for a gen turns out to not be favorite after debut... again and again. That's not to say Ao is bad at anything but Raden and Hajime have quirks that exceed my expectations. Additionally, Ririka and Kanades English is really endearing.

Well, I like them all so thanks again Cover scouts for putting together such a unique mix

Top Bottom