"I pulled down my pants... lol and I was kissed on the thigh by my female friends! uhuHuHUHaha"Fujikura Uruka

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I am quite open to any passionate, heartfelt appeals on his behalf. Mostly because I know that I (hopefully) won't get any.
I don't know why you were expecting everyone to ballwash you over banning a guy from the site because of something he said on Discord (again), but let me expose you to reality here. You banned Naganon because he disagreed with you. I don't care what he disagreed with you on. It could've been about whether butter or jam went better with toast. Kiki could be the second coming of Adolf Hitler for all I care. Act morally righteous about it all you like, Naganon dared to have an extremely retarded opinion, and that fucking breaks you up, for some reason. I remember we had to have a whole trial for Nolan; how getting rid of him was like pulling teeth, despite the fact he was 1000x more annoying and cancerous to this site than Nag ever was. But here there's no trial, no vote, no chance for debate, simply because he pissed you off personally? Think of the precedent that sets going forward. Who else might catch a ban because they made you mad? Hell, I know I've made plenty of jokes at your expense over the years, it's funny and I believed you were big enough of a man to recognize it was in good humor. Should I have to reconsider next time I want to make a lighthearted jab at you, knowing it could provoke you into bringing the ban hammer down on me? Should I be worried now, knowing I'm very publicly and vehemently condemning your decision here? I remember it was only two weeks ago I said what I liked about this site was the freedom to say what you want. I believed that extended to saying extremely stupid shit. Otherwise, why is MerelyTourist still here?

You have a good thing here, Proc. Yes, you are the owner of this website, and you technically do whatever you want. Lowtax did whatever he wanted, and look how that turned out for him and SA. I want to believe in you and this site, but given this is the second time something like this has happened, I'm finding it difficult not to be concerned here. Sure, today it's defending anime Jared Fogle, but what about in six months? A year or two? What new controversies and landmines might pop up in that time, that speaking out of turn on might earn you Proctor's mighty wrath? How can we be sure we won't all be Nag'd in some way or another? Your actions, both here and in the future, have the potential to seriously cripple the culture of this website, and I hope you consider that going forward.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Really the worst thing about this Naganon situation is that Suisei is a flip
Does it help that she lives in japan, a nation which will never acknowledge her as an equal citizen, or a human being with rights. It matters little that she is a singing superstar, she could win the Nobel prize for music for all I know and they would still shun her for "having tainted the sacred Yamato blood"

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Does it help that she lives in japan, a nation which will never acknowledge her as an equal citizen, or a human being with rights. It matters little that she is a singing superstar, she could win the Nobel prize for music for all I know and they would still shun her for "having tainted the sacred Yamato blood"
The end result of this is Japanese out-of-touch normies will assume every vtuber is secretly a flip, the way our out-of-touch normies assume every vtuber is secretly a 55-year-old man.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't know why you were expecting everyone to ballwash you over banning a guy from the site because of something he said on Discord (again), but let me expose you to reality here. You banned Naganon because he disagreed with you. I don't care what he disagreed with you on. It could've been about whether butter or jam went better with toast. Kiki could be the second coming of Adolf Hitler for all I care. Act morally righteous about it all you like, Naganon dared to have an extremely retarded opinion, and that fucking breaks you up, for some reason. I remember we had to have a whole trial for Nolan; how getting rid of him was like pulling teeth, despite the fact he was 1000x more annoying and cancerous to this site than Nag ever was. But here there's no trial, no vote, no chance for debate, simply because he pissed you off personally? Think of the precedent that sets going forward. Who else might catch a ban because they made you mad? Hell, I know I've made plenty of jokes at your expense over the years, it's funny and I believed you were big enough of a man to recognize it was in good humor. Should I have to reconsider next time I want to make a lighthearted jab at you, knowing it could provoke you into bringing the ban hammer down on me? Should I be worried now, knowing I'm very publicly and vehemently condemning your decision here? I remember it was only two weeks ago I said what I liked about this site was the freedom to say what you want. I believed that extended to saying extremely stupid shit. Otherwise, why is MerelyTourist still here?

You have a good thing here, Proc. Yes, you are the owner of this website, and you technically do whatever you want. Lowtax did whatever he wanted, and look how that turned out for him and SA. I want to believe in you and this site, but given this is the second time something like this has happened, I'm finding it difficult not to be concerned here. Sure, today it's defending anime Jared Fogle, but what about in six months? A year or two? What new controversies and landmines might pop up in that time, that speaking out of turn on might earn you Proctor's mighty wrath? How can we be sure we won't all be Nag'd in some way or another? Your actions, both here and in the future, have the potential to seriously cripple the culture of this website, and I hope you consider that going forward.
Bro If I'm getting banned then I hope it's even more retarded :SelenHAHAhere: Proctor be lucky not that many people liked niganon.
Idk what happened but things were fine for a whole year and a half, idk what changed in the last 6 months...

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The end result of this is Japanese out-of-touch normies will assume every vtuber is secretly a flip, the way our out-of-touch normies assume every vtuber is secretly a 55-year-old man.
Unfortunately as we keep finding out, those goddamn Japs keep getting proved correct

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Technically, her mother did the whole tainting thing, Suisei is only the product.
Eventually, this will drive hikikomori to import Filipino mail order brides in the hope of making their very own Suisei.

Unfortunately, none of them could figure out where the vagina is located, and Abe's dream will remain unrealised.

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

So as long as I'm not on the discord I'm immune from Proctor's increasingly itchy trigger finger?
Another reason not to join, add it to the list.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
So as long as I'm not on the discord I'm immune from Proctor's increasingly itchy trigger finger?
Another reason not to join, add it to the list.
Just don't chimp out at proc and you're fine, I mean fucking short and topo chico are on the discord and both of them had some major confrontations with the guy.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Just don't chimp out at proc and you're fine, I mean fucking short and topo chico are on the discord and both of them had some major confrontations with the guy.
Discord is where the hot heads and flips hang out

Half of them (myself included I suppose) have had hour long fist fights in there with another user. Its honestly fantastic

:kaelaapprob:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Discord is where the hot heads and flips hang out

Half of them (myself included I suppose) have had hour long fist fights in there with another user. Its honestly fantastic

:kaelaapprob:
Yeah to the point most of you seem desensitized to all of this lol.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Yeah to the point most of you seem desensitized to all of this lol.
I mean shit Short and I tag teamed Hexa for a couple of hours and for some reason she doesn't hate me. I dunno, discord man what can you do

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Your actions, both here and in the future, have the potential to seriously cripple the culture of this website, and I hope you consider that going forward.
It's already crippled. At the very least I don't feel like donating anymore, and I had a couple drafts going for some Niji infoposts that probably won't end up getting posted either. Older posters from the farms have a baseline to work with, but for those of us who haven't been around from the beginning or known the people here for a long time, we don't know where we stand and it's just unpleasant. I've disagreed with Proctor a couple times now so for all I know I'm toast for typing this out. Why invest my time, money, and effort-posts on a website when I can't trust that I'll be able to use it tomorrow?

It certainly does shine a different light on the whole "Suisei can't break into the idol sphere" thing, doesn't it? It had always seemed bizarre to me that someone as obviously skilled and motivated as Suisei couldn't make it into a decent agency. I had always assumed she wasn't willing to get down and dirty with a manager or something and got pushed out because of that, but if she IS half flip it all starts to make sense.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean shit Short and I tag teamed Hexa for a couple of hours and for some reason she doesn't hate me. I dunno, discord man what can you do
Women are naturally masochistic, she probably enjoyed it.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I don't care about plausible deniability. People blatantly and shamelessly lie about my motives and actions and I get called a simp or a bait-taking retard when I try to explain them. I quietly endure this as a simple reality that there is nothing I can really do about, because I as the saying goes, you can hold a firehose on a horse for an hour, but you can't make the bastard stop whining that he prefers sparkling water.

I never need any justification for anything I do here, whatsoever. Me giving you any is me going out of my way to be nice and democratic, when I have absolute power and can do whatever I want. All my efforts to be open and transparent are routinely met with generic 'lol no one cares why do you care haha' replies and 'aww man you totally failed to live up to the arbitrary expectations I set for you in my own head, but which I expect you to obey like the inscriptions on the tablets God personally handed to Moses :(' style responses. Why, exactly, should I care about appeasing any of those people?

Certainly not for the health of my site, because they simply shit up the place with inflammatory comments that I have to sift through to read what I find interesting.

Certainly not for their money, because none of them ever pay me anything either.

Certainly not for their emotional support, because they've made it very clear they are patiently waiting for me to have a meltdown so they can validate all their negative expectations of me.

At the end of the day, every single thing I do here depends on one thing; my personal enjoyment and investment in it. When that is threatened by retards who spend their entire existences defending objectively dreadful people and lying about me, I will act to get rid of them so that my personal enjoyment and investment remain intact.

That's my final word on the topic.
:touchgrass:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
No, smoke grass instead
weed-tf2.gif

God's Strongest Dragoon

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
It certainly does shine a different light on the whole "Suisei can't break into the idol sphere" thing, doesn't it? It had always seemed bizarre to me that someone as obviously skilled and motivated as Suisei couldn't make it into a decent agency. I had always assumed she wasn't willing to get down and dirty with a manager or something and got pushed out because of that, but if she IS half flip it all starts to make sense.
We're not exactly short of gaijin that did make it into the idol industry.

Honestly, her character is a more likely reason than her being half flip. You're right, she wouldn't go down on a manager. But even beyond that, the idol industry features glamour shots. Suisei says fuck you. The idol industry features heavily regulated handshake events. Suisei goes off script. The idol industry features scripted sponsorship events. Suisei goes off script. The Idol industry's managers have the last word. Suisei says fuck you.

She's quite uncompromising, and she's been like that from the start, not only after she became famous. Her highschool anecdotes match this, too. The always conforming and ducking Japanese office drone, she is not.

Someone like Kiara or Pomu, to pick random people who may or may not have been gaijin who entered the Japanese idol industry, is a lot more conforming, willing to do what they're being told. Maybe not happy about it, but they'll do it.

Suisei strikes me as someone who goes to the interview, and then the interviewer walks away with the impression of "Very talented, but unable to just shut up and do as she's told. More trouble than she's worth."

Regardless of hafu or not.

Of course, what she actually said on stream was that she was rejected for being a jack of all trades. Which she was. Modern Suisei doesn't do video editing or much in the way of drawing streams anymore, she cut out what she didn't have the time for. But it's not terribly hard to see an interviewer look at bright eyed, young Suisei, excitedly telling him about all the things she can do, 90% of which won't matter for an idol career, and determining that she would be unlikely to stick to the idol thing.

Keep in mind that Hololive initially rejected her, too. At a time when there were already married women and a hafu in the form of Haachama (half flip, IIRC?) in the company.

Focussing on her hafuness as the reason for Suisei's past rejections strikes me as ill advised. It's not like idol auditions aren't heavily competitive, and Suisei unironically isn't traditional idol material.

Pop or rockstar, sure. But the traditional idol mold... ehhhhhh. Very ehhhhhh.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Top Bottom