"That's right, I killed silence. How, you ask? Being a woman."Enna Alouette (in Cards Against Humanity)

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It sells well, it's a good business segment if you are publishing books. A compact, serialized novella with intricately simplified language edited, exquisitely, to appeal to the 25->40 year old single male salaryman segment. If they become mildly popular it will get picked up for a horrible anime adaptation, if it does well you can tie that to a terrible arena-fighter videogame and more OVAs. It would be a shame to let a goldmine go unmined.
The terrifying bit is not what gets published, but the trillions of EVEN SHITTIER attempts in writing sites that don't. A big reason why a lot of these are so trash is because they are rushed to hell, authors will pump them out in 6 months and then post chapters daily in these sites to get as much attention as possible. Everyone writes the same derivative garbage because it's the only thing the retards who go on those sites want and it has become the META, so everyone just makes slightly different versions of the same shit trying to get their 15 seconds of front page viewership for the remote chance to get picked up and published.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
The terrifying bit is not what gets published, but the trillions of EVEN SHITTIER attempts in writing sites that don't. A big reason why a lot of these are so trash is because they are rushed to hell, authors will pump them out in 6 months and then post chapters daily in these sites to get as much attention as possible. Everyone writes the same derivative garbage because it's the only thing the retards who go on those sites want and it has become the META, so everyone just makes slightly different versions of the same shit trying to get their 15 seconds of front page viewership for the remote chance to get picked up and published.
What's worse, most NEVER FUCKING FINISH EVEN IF IT'S DECENT!!!
They pump like 200 short chapters, then go on hiatus to rewrite first 50, then push 150 chapters on amazon as 3 volumes (which is approximately equal to 3 chapters of TWI), then fucking disappear from the face of the planet!!!

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Oh man, someone else that is familiar with Syosetu. A fellow comrade! The pain never subsides, it only gets worse with time.

Sometimes, I wonder which is worse: Japanese Isekai or Chinese Cultivation? The question haunts me in my dreams.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Oh man, someone else that is familiar with Syosetu. A fellow comrade! The pain never subsides, it only gets worse with time.

Sometimes, I wonder which is worse: Japanese Isekai or Chinese Cultivation? The question haunts me in my dreams.
It's the same in westoid sites like royalroad, nothing but litRPG there, same fucking META bullshit.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Tranny getting isekaied to chink world.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
It's more than just "otherworld" though. Sure you have to 1) get killed 2) reincarnate, but with isekai the following elements are in place
Remember that this tripe sells by the barrel because it is office salaryman escapism

1) You had to have been sad sack in human life
2) never got any, and thus die a virgin
3) you reincarnate in what I can only describe as a Disneyfied and sanitized version of springtime Holy Roman Empire circa XI century with a dash of the potestate italian city states during their mercantile apogee
4) every woman in this fantasy land finds you automatically interesting and or fuckable on sight
5) without exception every day ends in a "tavern" drinking yourself silly, nevermind having the funds to afford such lifestyle
6) if there's magic, it turns into a child of destiny situation
Those are all elements of the sort of isekai that have been popular in recent years, but the concept is older and much broader than that. Isekai is really just any sort of fantasy story involving characters from the real world travelling to a fantasy world. Older anime examples include The Vision of Escaflowne, El Hazard, Fushigi Yugi, MÄR, and even Digimon Adventure.
Please tell me "portal fantasy" is some made-up tv-tropes crap and not an actual genre of academic study.
I can't say that I've ever seen the phrase used before, but the concept is certainly common: Wonderland, Oz, Narnia... I'm sure you can probably think of other examples yourself.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
What's worse, most NEVER FUCKING FINISH EVEN IF IT'S DECENT!!!
They pump like 200 short chapters, then go on hiatus to rewrite first 50, then push 150 chapters on amazon as 3 volumes (which is approximately equal to 3 chapters of TWI), then fucking disappear from the face of the planet!!!
You, too, are familiar with Harry Potter fanfiction, I see.

And Naruto fanfiction.

And really just all fanfiction that achieves moderate popularity.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
And Naruto fanfiction.
And really just all fanfiction that achieves moderate popularity.
:marinewhat: Never read a single fanfic in my life. Only orignals. Never touched hairy porter anything.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Hairy porter sounds like some Full metal Jacket fanfic

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted

And Naruto fanfiction.
The way people tag those stories you would think Harry Potter and Naruto are independent Black women of color who needs no man.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
The way people tag those stories you would think Harry Potter and Naruto independent Black women of color who needs no man.
:pikaWUT: i knew i won't miss anything by never looking at fanfics

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Hexa was an alcoholic long before I came along. But I do appreciate that she doesn't hate/ban me for all the shit I post. :whatastory:
I can't work out if Hexa made you her janny because she likes the shit that you post, or because she hates the shit that you post.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Discord-l7d1y-Ow-K8-P.png

He finally admits it.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Discord-l7d1y-Ow-K8-P.png

He finally admits it.

(Hexa is making a music video and is asking for hate comments, or people to be in the video as hate comments, and this was my submission)

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I can't work out if Hexa made you her janny because she likes the shit that you post, or because she hates the shit that you post.
Probably a combination of both.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
It's insurance to make sure you don't become an anti.
:smugina:
What's an anti going to do that Niganon isn't already doing? Post out-of-context clips of her? Claim she's racist? Post her facedox?

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I'm getting déjà vu!
You know, she's says she's not racist, but I still have no clue what her justification is of that post. :SelenHAHAhere:

Top Bottom