"I hope my holes are big enough"Amiya Aranha

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got
I'm really glad that there's no open-with-their-identity chuubas on here, I would probably go on a rage-filled rant if they hung out here and I got told to respect the wimins by some simpering fag. When I get told to "feel bad" or "be respectful" to someone my first impulse is to insult the person instead.
I'll treat people however the fuck I want, I don't owe respect to people I have never fucking met.
That's one reason I'm not open about who I am. It's nice to have a place I can shitpost and have shit flung back at me with no recourse that affects me or my mental. I also wouldn't want people simping. I'm just here to shitpost.
:smugpipi:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got
Tell that to Nig.
I think if I fell outta line he wouldn't go far as I does with Hexa. He's just doing banter guys,
Right?:pippasadl:

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg.ca1c33d885e4497c657db138b429e031.jpg

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Several weaboo words have made it into the latest oxford dictionary update, including food items and everyone's favorite, isekai

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Several weaboo words have made it into the latest oxford dictionary update, including food items and everyone's favorite, isekai

To be fair, English doesn't really have a specific word for the concept of isekai, despite the fact that the concept itself has always been a popular one. Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz are both isekai.

I also find it amusing how some of the Japanese food terms were originally based on English loan words.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

>When you lost any chance of domination victory ages ago but culture victory is still a thing

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
To be fair, English doesn't really have a specific word for the concept of isekai, despite the fact that the concept itself has always been a popular one
Otherworld. Literally literal trasnlation. But that's not how languages work, so yeah, isekai it is.

agility_

Early Adopter
It's more than just "otherworld" though. Sure you have to 1) get killed 2) reincarnate, but with isekai the following elements are in place
Remember that this tripe sells by the barrel because it is office salaryman escapism

1) You had to have been sad sack in human life
2) never got any, and thus die a virgin
3) you reincarnate in what I can only describe as a Disneyfied and sanitized version of springtime Holy Roman Empire circa XI century with a dash of the potestate italian city states during their mercantile apogee
4) every woman in this fantasy land finds you automatically interesting and or fuckable on sight
5) without exception every day ends in a "tavern" drinking yourself silly, nevermind having the funds to afford such lifestyle
6) if there's magic, it turns into a child of destiny situation

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
With fans like this, I finally understand why Hexa became an alcoholic.
Hexa was an alcoholic long before I came along. But I do appreciate that she doesn't hate/ban me for all the shit I post. :whatastory:

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
To be fair, English doesn't really have a specific word for the concept of isekai, despite the fact that the concept itself has always been a popular one. Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz are both isekai.

I also find it amusing how some of the Japanese food terms were originally based on English loan words.
We kind of do already. It's Portal Fantasy. Though, rather than being reborn, it's exclusively about going through a portal, ala Narnia.

agility_

Early Adopter
Please tell me "portal fantasy" is some made-up tv-tropes crap and not an actual genre of academic study.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Isekai is trash anyways, why would you want a word to describe shit written as formulaically and lazily as possible so that morons can get a cheap powertrip without using their brains?

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Please tell me "portal fantasy" is some made-up tv-tropes crap and not an actual genre of academic study.
Portal fantasy is subset of isekai.
Isekai is trash anyways, why would you want a word to describe shit written as formulaically and lazily as possible so that morons can get a cheap powertrip without using their brains?
Most are disastrous trash, yep. Internet completely removed editorial filter, and even novels that have some real meat and use isekai as a tool instead of purpose, succumb to coomer trends.
If you want good isekai - read The Wandering Inn.

Last edited:

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
To deny the Japs their cultural victory. They're supposed to be wearing our blue jeans and listening to the next Taylor Swift songs, dammit. Not us watching the latest Reborn in another world as X and whaling at the next gacha-shit.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
To deny the Japs their cultural victory. They're supposed to be wearing our blue jeans and listening to the next Taylor Swift songs, dammit. Not us watching the latest Reborn in another world as X and whaling into the next gacha-shit.
I HAVE THE DLC! RELIGIOUS VICTORY THEN! SUFFER MY FLOOD OF GREAT PROPHETS!
wait what do you mean there's no religion victory in this one...? FUCK

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Isekai is lesser evil btw. Before it got this popular, trash authors were doing time-travel self-insert history revision for powertrip.

agility_

Early Adopter
It sells well, it's a good business segment if you are publishing books. A compact, serialized novella with intricately simplified language edited, exquisitely, to appeal to the 25->40 year old single male salaryman segment. If they become mildly popular it will get picked up for a horrible anime adaptation, if it does well you can tie that to a terrible arena-fighter videogame and more OVAs. It would be a shame to let a goldmine go unmined.

Top Bottom