"Why is there a horseshoe in there? I don't get it"Chisaka Airi (looking at a drawer full of dildos)

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

God's Strongest Dragoon

neneconcern.png

:Juna-WHY:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

God's Strongest Dragoon

Bronze

Does anyone have that Pico grenade video? I've been searching for it since yesterday but couldn't find the posts that have it

God's Strongest Dragoon

Does anyone have that Pico grenade video? I've been searching for it since yesterday but couldn't find the posts that have it

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
The exact wording used was that you'd "very likely suspend the usage of discord for posting" and "Also it's worth remembering that I hate Discord anyway. It was exceedingly dumb of me to actually make use of it and absolutely everyone here is correct in saying that it was. If anything I owe Takodachi sincere thanks for waking me up to that fact."

To clarify this situation further (and I apologize for there being such gaps in my replies, I am literally unable to access the internet reliably without having to walk half a mile with a laptop) I had no set plans or ideas on what to do with a Discord when I first opened it. However, it very quickly grew and became somewhere people were communicating. Nearly all my moderation decisions were based on a vague idea of 'people know how to act on TVA' and were reactionary to events. This was a profound mistake on my part. After issues developed, I briefly closed just about everything down and consulted heavily with my moderators on how to proceed.

In the end I restored most of the server but implemented newer, heavily clarified rules and limited my own engagement overall. I turned it into a space where the major focus is on quickly and efficiently catching new situations and events as they begin unfolding, which a forum structure is fundamentally unsuited for. A large amount of the drama stuff that gets posted here now is noticed or brought up on Discord first, and I find it a lot easier to maintain channels dedicated to specific things there than I do here.

Meanwhile, vtubers show up and network every so often, and I benefit from both enabling that on 'neutral' grounds and disproving the notion that TVA is a dangerous warren of evil racist doxxers who are only interested in hurting people (still waiting on Nijisanji to spend tens of thousands of dollars and two whole waves dedicated to courting us as an audience like they did the fujoshis on nyfco though...). The Spanner thread wouldn't exist without the discord, as that's where Charlotte was able to contact us to explain what a lunatic he was. Likewise, there are some very dedicated internet busybodies who supply lots of hints and leads as to new information for me to chase down or discuss in my streams who have no active presence on the forum.

Basically, I've learned that focus is the key to making something a success. By semi-rigidly defining what the discord is supposed to be used for and what it should not be used for I've managed to turn it into an excellent resource for the website. Hopefully in future when my personal circumstances stop being such an infuriating mess of things beyond my control, I'll be able to further expand and integrate things into other platforms.

There is also nothing secret on the discord. The only 'hidden' channels (which you can see easily via services like Better Discord, which every sane person should use) are archives or the single moderator room where I post thhrang's spicy ASMR requests. There is a single channel that you can't access just via the role commands, which is simply reserved for people who have proven they're not just there as tourists.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Not vtuber related. But this shit is funny as hell.

Ghostarchive doesnt load the tweet so have a long ass screenshot.

Click on the image for the full ss.

This one might be my favorite.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Not vtuber related. But this shit is funny as hell.

Ghostarchive doesnt load the tweet so have a long ass screenshot.

Click on the image for the full ss.

This one might be my favorite.

A quick look at their twitter account shows them being a literal schizo that's having a mental breakdown and supposedly his ex is a troon.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

God's Strongest Dragoon

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
To clarify this situation further (and I apologize for there being such gaps in my replies, I am literally unable to access the internet reliably without having to walk half a mile with a laptop) I had no set plans or ideas on what to do with a Discord when I first opened it. However, it very quickly grew and became somewhere people were communicating. Nearly all my moderation decisions were based on a vague idea of 'people know how to act on TVA' and were reactionary to events. This was a profound mistake on my part. After issues developed, I briefly closed just about everything down and consulted heavily with my moderators on how to proceed.

In the end I restored most of the server but implemented newer, heavily clarified rules and limited my own engagement overall. I turned it into a space where the major focus is on quickly and efficiently catching new situations and events as they begin unfolding, which a forum structure is fundamentally unsuited for. A large amount of the drama stuff that gets posted here now is noticed or brought up on Discord first, and I find it a lot easier to maintain channels dedicated to specific things there than I do here.

Meanwhile, vtubers show up and network every so often, and I benefit from both enabling that on 'neutral' grounds and disproving the notion that TVA is a dangerous warren of evil racist doxxers who are only interested in hurting people (still waiting on Nijisanji to spend tens of thousands of dollars and two whole waves dedicated to courting us as an audience like they did the fujoshis on nyfco though...). The Spanner thread wouldn't exist without the discord, as that's where Charlotte was able to contact us to explain what a lunatic he was. Likewise, there are some very dedicated internet busybodies who supply lots of hints and leads as to new information for me to chase down or discuss in my streams who have no active presence on the forum.

Basically, I've learned that focus is the key to making something a success. By semi-rigidly defining what the discord is supposed to be used for and what it should not be used for I've managed to turn it into an excellent resource for the website. Hopefully in future when my personal circumstances stop being such an infuriating mess of things beyond my control, I'll be able to further expand and integrate things into other platforms.

There is also nothing secret on the discord. The only 'hidden' channels (which you can see easily via services like Better Discord, which every sane person should use) are archives or the single moderator room where I post thhrang's spicy ASMR requests. There is a single channel that you can't access just via the role commands, which is simply reserved for people who have proven they're not just there as tourists.
Thank you for the comprehensive answer. I am glad if it is a better place than the dire shit that makes its way to the forum makes it seem, even if it's starting to seem like the forum is taking the back seat in favor of the discord in some ways.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

For posterity, the only real issue I had with the discord was moderating the forums based on it. If someone spergs out on the Discord idc if they are removed from it, but I didn't like it extending to the forums unless they act like a retard here after the fact or were doing actual criminal shit.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
My only potential issues with the discord go as follows:
  1. Platform favoritism, aka putting it before the forum, which while it may not have as many chuubas in it, it IS the main source of both new eyes and organized discussion. This fear has proven to be unfounded, but it should never be forgotten.
  2. Lack of info sharing, which I am aware was made into a rule that info should be brought over when posted there first. But I do know a couple users can be lazy and don't see this as important. While Discord is good for instant/private messaging, it sucks as an archival and long-term discussion platform, which the forum excels at.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Thank you for the comprehensive answer. I am glad if it is a better place than the dire shit that makes its way to the forum makes it seem, even if it's starting to seem like the forum is taking the back seat in favor of the discord in some ways.

For posterity, the only real issue I had with the discord was moderating the forums based on it. If someone spergs out on the Discord idc if they are removed from it, but I didn't like it extending to the forums unless they act like a retard here after the fact or were doing actual criminal shit.

My only potential issues with the discord go as follows:
  1. Platform favoritism, aka putting it before the forum, which while it may not have as many chuubas in it, it IS the main source of both new eyes and organized discussion. This fear has proven to be unfounded, but it should never be forgotten.
  2. Lack of info sharing, which I am aware was made into a rule that info should be brought over when posted there first. But I do know a couple users can be lazy and don't see this as important. While Discord is good for instant/private messaging, it sucks as an archival and long-term discussion platform, which the forum excels at.
I can assure you there is constant yelling, from many members including myself, @thhrang , and many of the other regulars, about "Why is this posted in the discord and not on the forum yet you fucks." We're constantly keeping each other in check to make sure anything important that is posted there is also on the forum. It's been useful for someone like myself where phoneposting basic situations that would be hard in the moment to update to the forum (notably Pomu's graduation annoucement when I posted it there but was getting dressed and running out the door to work, but Awoogers was able to take my post and put it on the forum).

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Lack of info sharing, which I am aware was made into a rule that info should be brought over when posted there first. But I do know a couple users can be lazy and don't see this as important. While Discord is good for instant/private messaging, it sucks as an archival and long-term discussion platform, which the forum excels at.
Extreme autism of the people on this site make me not worry about this too much, tbh. My only real ask is that PEOPLE TELL ME WHEN THEY ARE GONNA MEMBERSHIP TO SOMEONE TO ARCHIVE SOMETHING SO I DON'T DO IT AT THE SAME TIME FOR NO REASON FFS.
:pikameefuck:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Extreme autism of the people on this site make me not worry about this too much, tbh. My only real ask is that PEOPLE TELL ME WHEN THEY ARE GONNA MEMBERSHIP TO SOMEONE TO ARCHIVE SOMETHING SO I DON'T DO IT AT THE SAME TIME FOR NO REASON FFS.
:pikameefuck:
Never gonna live that down are we? :selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
What the fuck is going on? Is tako a secret tard?

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Top Bottom