"I never really leave you guys. I'm always sitting there. Right there. Right below your ribcage"Dizzy Dokuro

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
You know, I still assume people just came from the farms in someway and I assumed you did too, but we're long past that. In fact (barring you have alts on kiwi) you made your account there well after your tva one.

I was just going to ask you in the gen thread, but now I'm curious about others since it's been so long. How did you find TVA? How did any and everyone of you find it? Did you just google "vtuber forum?" Did Nolan tell you (I remember him telling lots of people back then)?
I lurked the KF thread, but thought it retarded to sign up for the one, singular thread I was interested in, which wasn't even the site's ostensible purpose.

Then TVA was made, and now it was the site's ostensible purpose. Neat.

I kind of miss Horni's posts from the KF thread, tbh. Dude just disappeared.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I was lurking the farms thread for like a year before TVA happened. I was gonna lurk TVA just the same but decided to make an account cause iirc, attachments couldn't be viewed by guests. I was (and still am) burnt out by online communities but the difference in culture and nostalgia for forums eventually convinced me to start posting. I have only slightly regretted it since so thanks fellas. I already said it in that fag post a bit ago but I really do appreciate what this place has become.

As for how I initially found the farms, it was admittedly cause of a degen moment. There was an old clip of Moona talking about her bra size or something and a comment on it was one of those cringe "I'm so cool I have le sekrit knowledge, she really is that big IRL haha" kinda posts. So I got curious and searched around a bit until I found the farms because someone had posted those legendary gifs. You know the ones.
PONcCay.gif
1643859212803.gif

After that I just stuck around cause it seemed like an actual reasonable place for vtuber discussion. So I owe Moona's moonas a thank you as well :pomuSalute:
Moona was already my favorite ID, but now I have two more reasons to like her even more :sanasmile:

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
I was just going to ask you in the gen thread, but now I'm curious about others since it's been so long. How did you find TVA? How did any and everyone of you find it? Did you just google "vtuber forum?" Did Nolan tell you (I remember him telling lots of people back then)?
Friend was acting like he got a "le sekrit club", called him out for acting like a fag, he dropped the link to here. I don't remember what I was lurking before signing up, but it was a happening between may and june last year, and some curiosity about some PLs, even had the pleasure to give info on Himari's reincarnation to a friend who's a huge fan of hers and was a bit down from her hiatus (later revealed to be her shitty company's fault).
Stayed because you guys call each other out on their bullshit, even myself, having people keeping it real to each other is something that modern internet frowns upon, and it kills me as I grew up during the era where you had true free speech, before the normies and jews ruined online debate forever.
I also feel that TVA is more positive than the farms, even with the slurs (funny) and aggressiveness (also funny), in the end of the day people get mad because they care, and it had a positive influence over me because I became a bit more optimistic as well. /gay

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
How did you find TVA? How did any and everyone of you find it? Did you just google "vtuber forum?" Did Nolan tell you (I remember him telling lots of people back then)?
Funny thing, I just lurked on vt and just see shit when it's shared on FB(in true SEAnig fashion) and had the displeasure of going to fucking jidf since at this time I was starting to watch Rin around a month or two after she debuted and you know jidf has a vendetta for juna and Rin specifically. so, I searched for the words "Rin Penrose past life" since she had this sense of familiarity that I can't wrap my head around it which then lead to me seeing the old general talking about it which made me realize that Clara stellamari, someone I watched months ago on her karaoke VODs because algorithm, was the same girl as the one I'm losing sleep on because EU timezone so you can technically stone @John Vtuber👁️ because his posts lead me here and now you're stuck with this flip.

Then read the old general thread from page one before actually making an account which made me like the place and actually made an account with me shilling Rin as my first post which shuba welcomed me(which I still remember btw) and stayed because I genuinely like the company(gay).

So yeah a tourist monkey who just got here because of curiosity and stayed because it's pleasant

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I was a lurker on the Farms for years. Actually got into vtubing because I finally decided to figure out what the fuck vtubing was. Never posted in the thread. Only even made a KF account last year, but I still rarely post.

However, I didn't find this place because of the Farms. I was watching an archived Pippa stream, and the description to the video credited @Godzilla1984 on these forums. Pretty sure it was this one:

At some point, I decided to see what "The Virtual Asylum forums" was. I didn't even know this place was connected to the Farms at first (what a coincidence). Lurked for months after that until I decided to finally make an account to view the Rec Room section. Was going to continue lurking for a while, but then the Lumi skinwalking thing happened on literally the same day, and I wanted to join in on the discussion.

I've always been a fan of the web forum format, so it was easier for me to stick around and lurk for a while, rather than use other, more popular sites for these kinds of discussions.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Funny thing I just lurked and just see shit when it's shared on FB(in true SEAnig fashion) and had the displeasure of going to fucking jidf since at this time I was starting to watch Rin around a month or two after she debuted and you know jidf has a vendetta for juna and Rin specifically so I searched for the words "Rin Penrose past life" since she had this sense of familiarity that I can't wrap my head around it which then lead to seeing the old general talking about it which made me realize that Clara stellamari, someone I watched months ago on her karaokes because algorithm was the same girl as the one I'm losing sleep on because EU timezone so you can technically stone @John Vtuber👁️ because his posts lead me here and now you're stuck with this flip
YOU STUPID FLIP THAT WAS ONE SINGLE SENTENCE. LEARN TO USE PROPER PONCTUATION HOLY FUCK.

:Fauna-AKSHUALLY: it's punctuation
IM FRENCH AAAAAAAA

Awoogers

YOU STUPID FLIP THAT WAS ONE SINGLE SENTENCE. LEARN TO USE PROPER PONCTUATION HOLY FUCK.
:Fauna-AKSHUALLY: it's punctuation

Jk I'll do it because I'm not giving anyone aneurysm today unless it's hakka

kanpainiggi

How did you find TVA? How did any and everyone of you find it? Did you just google "vtuber forum?" Did Nolan tell you (I remember him telling lots of people back then)?
I lurked the Jim Sterling thread on the farms. Found out about the vtuber thread. And with talks of having an escape hatch in case Jersh deleted the thread I ended up here.

Awoogers

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
You know, I still assume people just came from the farms in someway and I assumed you did too, but we're long past that. In fact (barring you have alts on kiwi) you made your account there well after your tva one.

I found out people of this forum talking about Lap back when she had her mental health break
I knew of the existence of the KF thread but somehow i started to notice that the quality of said thread was decreasing and i always wondered why: nlw i know the reason, most of it regulars moved here

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Awoogers

Koronesuki

X-Potato
We disowned Millie recently but yes she's one for the most part
There are lots of better Fliptubers: Shiori, Purple Purin, Erina, that hamster girl, and probably some others that I'm forgetting. Also, Filian is a Filipino boy according to Neuro-sama, so you can count her too if you want.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I found out people of this forum talking about Lap back when she had her mental health break
I knew of the existence of the KF thread but somehow i started to notice that the quality of said thread was decreasing and i always wondered why: nlw i know the reason, most of it regulars moved here
Josh allowing his butt buddies to go in and shit up the thread at will didn't help.

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got

Somehow ended up here looking at VTuber stuff while searching up stuff for thumbnails. So I ended up lurking a year so back and kind of just never left. Made an acct to shitpost occasionally.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I think most people know I was a regular in the homeland thread before the move (Nene's Husband), I got included in the big PM chain but I was taking a bit of a break from chuubas right around that time so I joined a week late, general was already by page 50 when I joined. I saw people making a move to poa.st but I never bothered since I didn't trust the site.

I already liked the original thread and this place is basically that but more orderly and less negative and timeloopy so what's not to like? I still can't fucking believe we spent a whole 2 years all crammed together in that one thread which went a billion miles a minute... now we have 5 threads that go as fast if not faster and double the users...

Last edited:
Top Bottom