"I'm drinking Pacifico because I'm a tropical mexican!"Lia Rinkou

Nijisanji L Collection

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Matara said on the podcast/adjacent streams that Mint was considering taking a grocery store job to get by in the future where she didn't return to content. She wasn't broke, but definitely looking at adding an income to get by.

It honestly sounded like Matara set up the entire podcast with the patreon to prevent Mint from needing to work. She didn't outright state it but she said several times "this is going to be her job" or similar.
I remember this, but had attributed it to the idea that Mint wasn't going to return to v-tubing, period. Which is also a bad look for Niji because of the whole imposter syndrome thing Mint has been fighting. Either way, worth paying attention to methinks

x Hades Stamps

Has this been posted yet?
The communal earbuds.
Oh, ew!! I approve of not using speakers (loopback is a real problem), but use proper headphones for that!!
Also please stop dickriding the IRS. How many actual american is employed in nijisanji. They are not going to give a shit about a japanese company whose foreign employees/contractees are mostly canadians because said company might have commited tax fraud to some indonesian girl.
Literally no one’s doing that. It has been stated at least once that this is a theoretical “if it happened in the US.”
I don't want to sound like I'm speaking up for nijisanji but you should not go 2 full years "thinking" your employer has taken care of your taxes. You can check this on your government's tax office website. The fact that Mika had to get a notification means that she did file for income but didn't report taxes to her name. In her defense one would naturally assume your employer not be a massive worthless shithead, and also she was 18 when she started filing, she didn't know any better.
I have no idea how this all works in Indonesia, but if it sucks even a quarter as much as it does in the US, combined with your in her defence factors, I can understand why one wouldn’t. Doesn’t make it a good idea, but I can understand it.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Parrot4Chan just dropped in and they said an International Tax Accountant showed up in his Twitter feed and dropped an opinion on the matter.

I'm not an accountant, but I don't think this fits Mika's account of events.

1. If Niji was trying to DIY their tax withholding for contractors, why was this presented to Mika as an option, instead of a 10% (or whatever %) cut for all the contractors? (Edit: It's possible that Niji did just say "we're taking 10% for taxes" and Mika thought it was an offer that she should accept, rather than a statement. But she does have this correspondence in writing.)
2. When pressed for where the money went, Niji didn't say "your JP tax", or "JP tax for your pay". They said "our tax", then didn't explain when Mika asked them WTF. Maybe they meant "our tax for your pay", since we only have Mika's words to go on. But Niji's unwillingness to elaborate is baffling - perhaps damning.
3. Mika had lawyers and accountants present her case to the Indonesian tax bureau, and they gave her leniency on the interest, but not the principal. It is not clear whether Mika had any Japanese tax information from Niji to present to them, or if she only presented her correspondence with Niji. So if Mika didn't have the Japanese tax information, Niji might be liable for not giving it to her. If Mika did have the Japanese tax information, we might infer that it was not possible or worth the time to bring into compliance with tax treaties or recover the money from Niji, based on how the principal was not reduced. Which may indicate Niji non-compliance with JP tax codes that they are then liable for.

But I agree that contacting the Japanese tax bureau is worth Mika's time. They may or may not care to pay Mika some money back, but that's better than zero odds. On the :sinktheyacht: side, they might not punish Niji for this specifically, but a company that plays games like this will probably have fallen short elsewhere and might be worth auditing.

Last edited:

hylic

I don't talk about politics. What I do is try and educate people about the human condition, which often requires citing current and trending examples that highlight my points. You should never subscribe to me unless that is explicitly the kind of content you want to consume, because it is the only kind of content I have any serious interest in producing. I would love to simply be able to stream and talk about philosophy and education and what it means to be a real human being in the dystopic intellectual desert end-times nightmare hellscape world of Current Year.

Vtuber drama is interesting to me only because it lies on an intersectionality between relevant topics I actually want to talk about, I.E human behaviour, psychology and the way that individuals react to situations they are not biologically programmed to have an instinctual response to.
Very gay post!

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I'm not an accountant, but I don't think this fits with Mika's account of events.

1. If Niji was trying to update their tax withholding for contractors, why was this presented to Mika as an option, instead of a 10% (or whatever %) cut for all the contractors?
2. When pressed for where the money went, Niji didn't say "your JP tax", or "JP tax for your pay". They said "our tax", then stopped responding when Mika asked them WTF. Maybe they meant "our tax for your payroll", since we only have Mika's words to go on. But Niji's unwillingness to elaborate is baffling - perhaps damning.
3. Mika had lawyers and accountants present her case to the Indonesian tax bureau, and they gave her leniency on the interest, but not the principal. It is not clear whether Mika had any Japanese tax information from Niji to present to them, or if she only presented her correspondence with Niji. So if Mika didn't have the Japanese tax information, Niji might be liable for not giving it to her. If Mika did have the Japanese tax information, we might infer that it was not possible or worth the time to bring into compliance with tax treaties or recover the money from Niji, based on how the principal was not reduced.

But I agree that contacting the Japanese tax bureau is worth Mika's time. They may or may not care to pay Mika some money back, but that's better than zero odds. On the :sinktheyacht: side, they might not punish Niji for this specifically, but a company that plays games like this will probably have fallen short elsewhere and might be worth auditing.
japs won't refund her anything becasue she didn't pay them anything, and also becasue she wasn't in the country. But they can provide documents for her to get refund on indo taxes she paid. If there is no proof that tards paid income tax in her name - she probably won't get any refund, but niji will be visited by taxmen.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
False confirmed tardsanji being hydrocefalic narcissists and bullying cons, is it the thing he hyped?
And yeah, there won't be niji at Weebcon anymore.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
False confirmed tardsanji being hydrocefalic narcissists and bullying cons, is it the thing he hyped?

Holy shit Niji is so fucking gay.
ce4kYOG.png

Edit: The tweet Niji demanded False delete.
image.png

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you

The important part of this video below. Niji basically threatening to get Weebcon blacklisted by a bunch of other JP companies over something done by a 3rd party (False). Pre-Selen this might have been a big thing but it's really just a minor one at this point.

autxqqpv6qxc1.jpeg

Edit: Fuckin late

USS IOWA

ce4kYOG.png

image.png
Cover, Phase, Vshojo, Idol, and other smaller agencies upon hearing that another convention has cut ties with Niji:
images (49).jpeg

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
1. If Niji was trying to DIY their tax withholding for contractors, why was this presented to Mika as an option, instead of a 10% (or whatever %) cut for all the contractors? (Edit: It's possible that Niji did just say "we're taking 10% for taxes" and Mika thought it was an offer that she should accept, rather than a statement. But she does have this correspondence in writing.)
My understanding is that it's common for Japanese companies to do withholding for employees, covering all their tax obligations, but that it's technically optional, particularly for contractors.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
It is pretty interesting that as soon as Niji was kick out of Off Kai that Holo, vshojo and a bunch of other vtuber agencies and certain indies got announced as guests. Coincidence?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I know it was obvious but this just somewhat confirms that they blacklisted Kson since she turned indie and then joined VSJ, i wonder if they threatend Offkai or HYTE in similar ways

wait
Schizo theory, i wonder if Rushia lost a fuckton of opportunities as Nazuna because Niji saw Kson as a persona non grata and included her in some sort of blacklist, barring any other she was already in due to her initial termination

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
ce4kYOG.png

image.png
Had this been aired out back when they did it which would've followed the whole Zaion drama, it'd probably be bigger. Now its more of a minor thing, not really a big "bombshell" like he was talking it up to be. I can also see why Nijisanji would specifically do this as False is basically (one of many) western Narukami (the JP vtuber drama dude who got sued by Niji) and they likely think of him being in a convention anywhere near their "brand" (the Livers) in person to be awful so they were looking for anything to get that fucker outta there. Unfortunately for Niji, we're in America and it is his freedom to be there as long as he isn't stirring shit up (which AFAIK he wasn't), lmao. Makes me wonder if they attempted this shit to Offkai this year too. With Matara and now Mint there and all.

Xuhle

Had this been aired out back when they did it which would've followed the whole Zaion drama, it'd probably be bigger. Now its more of a minor thing, not really a big "bombshell" like he was talking it up to be. I can also see why Nijisanji would specifically do this as False is basically (one of many) western Narukami (the JP vtuber drama dude who got sued by Niji) and they likely think of him being in a convention anywhere near their "brand" (the Livers) in person to be awful so they were looking for anything to get that fucker outta there. Unfortunately for Niji, we're in America and it is his freedom to be there as long as he isn't stirring shit up (which AFAIK he wasn't), lmao. Makes me wonder if they attempted this shit to Offkai this year too. With Matara and now Mint there and all.
Come to think of it. Looking at the dates when those messages were sent wasn't that also during the time niji was going after false and khyo with the copyright strikes?

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
The Kurosanji Saga Timeline:
>February 8, 2023 - Nijisanji announces Zaion LanZa's suspension.
>March 10, 2023 - Zaion's contract is terminated. Nijisanji includes a laundry list of infractions that Zaion allegedly committed including everything from revealing confidential information to joking about sexual assault.
>May 6, 2023 - Sayu Sincronisity (formerly Zaion) releases a Google Doc in response to the allegations and details her experience in Nijisanji. She paints a picture of a work environment rife with favoritism and double standards.
>July 8, 2023 - Nina Kosaka graduates.
>August 27, 2023 - Mysta Rais graduates.
>December 25 2023 - Selen Tatsuki uploads a cover of LilyPichu's 'Last Cup of Coffee'. Nijisanji management privates the video later that same day for unknown reasons. Selen encourages her fans to reupload the video.
>December 27, 2023 - Selen posts on Xitter that she has been admitted to a hospital due to an accident. People begin to speculate that she attempted suicide.
>January 20, 2024 - Pomu Rainpuff graduates.
>February 5, 2024 - Nijisanji terminates Selen's contract. Selen/Dokibird responds by revealing that she tried to leave the company on neutral terms and she did attempt suicide back in December.
>February 6, 2024 - Anycolor puts out a statement reassuring their investors that the financial impact of Selen's termination will be negligible.
>February 7, 2024 - Dokibird redebuts. She reveals that she spent around $200,000 out of pocket to finance her projects while at Nijisanji.
>February 12, 2024 - Elira Pendora, Ike Eveland and Vox Akuma do a stream together where they essentially throw Selen under the bus. The response to the stream was overwhelmingly negative. Nijisanji later posts an apology video featuring CEO Riku Tazumi.
>February 17, 2024 - Kyo Kaneko graduates.
>March 29, 2024 - Luca Kaneshiro's former friend and associate Raziel Warmonic releases a novel-long Google Doc accusing him of all sorts of things, including being mentally and emotionally abusive. Nothing really comes from this because most people realize that bitches be crazy.
>April 13, 2024 - The long awaited Nijisanji EN AR Live concert finally takes place and it is shit. The event is marred by horrible lighting, amateur production and parts of the stream had to be muted on bilibili due to copyright issues with certain songs.
>April 28, 2024 - Michi Mochievee (formerly Mika Meletika) talks about how her previous employer (Nijisanji) screwed up her taxes and possibly committed tax fraud.

This company has been averaging about one yab a month for the past year and a half. And this isn't even including all of the little stuff like Aster having a hissy fit in discord or Uki being an anti-white racist. Let me know if I missed anything important. To any mod reading, feel free to add this to the OP since it is pretty barren and could use a general overview of events for new readers.

Edit: Spelling mistakes because I'm retarded

Last edited:

Xuhle

The Kurosanji Saga Timeline:
>February 8, 2023 - Nijisanji announces Zaion LanZa's suspension.
>March 10, 2023 - Zaion's contract is terminated. Nijisanji includes a laundry list of infractions that Zaion allegedly committed including everything from revealing confidential information to joking about sexual assualt.
>May 6, 2023 - Sayu Sincronisity (formerly Zaion) releases a Google Doc in response to the allegations and details her experience in Nijisanji. She paints a picture of a work environment rife with favoritism and double standards.
>July 8, 2023 - Nina Kosaka graduates.
>August 27, 2023 - Mysta Rais graduates.
>December 25 2023 - Selen Tatsuki uploads a cover of LilyPichu's 'Last Cup of Coffee'. Nijisanji management privates the video later that same day for unknown reasons. Selen encourages her fans to reupload the video.
>December 27, 2023 - Selen posts on Xitter that she has been admitted a hospital due to an accident. People begin to speculate that she attempted suicide.
>January 20, 2024 - Pomu Rainpuff graduates.
>February 5, 2024 - Nijisanji terminates Selen's contract. Selen/Dokibird responds by revealing that she tried to leave the company on neutral terms and she did attempt suicide back in December.
>February 6, 2024 - Anycolor puts out a statement ensuring their investors that the financial impact of Selen's termination will be negligible.
>February 7, 2024 - Dokibird redebuts. She reveals that she spent around $200,000 out of pocket to finance her projects while at Nijisanji.
>February 12, 2024 - Elira Pendora, Ike Eveland and Vox Akuma do a stream together where they essentially throw Selen under the bus. The response to the stream was overwhelmingly negative. Nijisanji later posts an apology video featuring CEO Riku Tazumi.
>February 17, 2024 - Kyo Kaneko graduates.
>March 29 - Luca Kaneshiro's former friend and associate Raziel Warmonic releases a novel-long Google Doc accusing him of all sorts of things, including being mentally and emotionally abusive. Nothing really comes from this because most people realize that bitches be crazy.
>April 13, 2024 - The long awaited Nijisanji EN AR Live concert finally takes place and it is shit. The event is marred by horrible lighting, amateur production and parts of the stream had to be muted on bilibili due to copyright issues with certain songs.
>April 28, 2024 - Michi Mochievee (formerly Mika Meletika) talks about how her previous employer (Nijisanji) screwed up her taxes and possibly committed tax fraud.

This company has been averaging about one yab a month for the past year and a half. And this isn't even including all of the little stuff like Aster having a hissy fit in discord or Uki being an anti-white racist. Let me know if I missed anything important. To any mod reading, feel free to add this to the OP since it is pretty barren and could use a general overview of events for new readers.
Are you putting the copyright abuse as minor? Cause seems like that was also in early February late January of 2023 as well.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
My understanding is that it's common for Japanese companies to do withholding for employees, covering all their tax obligations, but that it's technically optional, particularly for contractors.
It's natural thing all around the world. The only difference between countries is whether you need to file income tax forms yourself or employeer can do it for you too.

NotDecatto

DYRBI
Come to think of it. Looking at the dates when those messages were sent wasn't that also during the time niji was going after false and khyo with the copyright strikes?
My personal rrat is that Niji going after False and Khyo and trying to take down their channels last year was a strategic attempt at silencing any dramatuber cover of the incoming Zaion termination. I’ve always seen those two moves as linked.

Limkin

Schizo theory, i wonder if Rushia lost a fuckton of opportunities as Nazuna because Niji saw Kson as a persona non grata and included her in some sort of blacklist, barring any other she was already in due to her initial termination
I think there is a significantly more likely and more gay explanation to this. Starting with mafu and ending with mafu. Bitch got herself into scandal after scandal after scandal on a schedule every other month all because of involvement with that femboy. He didn't even explicitly need to do anything to cause her to get blacklisted everywhere, it could've been done simply because people involved just assumed he will not like it. That's a rare case where I truly believe Niji was not involved in it at all

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It is pretty interesting that as soon as Niji was kick out of Off Kai that Holo, vshojo and a bunch of other vtuber agencies and certain indies got announced as guests. Coincidence?
Yeah Niji probably didn't have anything to do with this, vshojo has always been in offkai. The only ones who weren't were Holo, and that's most likely Holo not considering the convention big enough, knowing the organizer is a kiara simp they probably begged whatever line of contact they could but it's only now that whoever is in charge of Holomeet agreed to throw them a bone.

Top Bottom