"I took 15...15 minutes with...with your mom and your dad and your sister and your dog!"Remilia Nephys

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Alternate rrat: She wasn't sad enough.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
6 Million butter cookies? :wtfman::shiinawangy:
She kept trying to bake them but she just didn't have enough oven capacity.

Didn't help that an entire meeting was interrupted by her screaming TND at the top of her lungs for the whole two hours.

Last edited:

nightowl

Who?
Sakana has said before how it's more difficult to fire anyone since Phase is Canadian and their labor laws strongly protect the employee. There's a lot of hurdles a company faces in order to justify firing someone over companies that operate elsewhere.

It's hard to tell if this was a personal decision by Yuri to quit or if she did something fairly flagrant against her contract multiple times. Phase pays a base salary unlike other a lot of other agencies. So talents like Nasa who barely streams, is getting paid still. Obviously there might be a JP difference, just using it as an example. I know the US talents are paid as independent contractors too; Pippa and Lumi have talked about receiving 1099-MISC and paying estimated quarterly taxes. I'm kind of getting a sense that Yuri went against her contract multiple times. Phase seems like the last thing they want to do is lose talent, but if they don't stop acting against their contract, they have no choice.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone who knows more has loose lips and talks about it in the next few weeks.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Money rules the world. The worst stream yabs can and have been forgiven, but sleezing Don Fishzhang of his cut will get you the cement shoes. I can't see this termination being anything but money related.
So what you're saying is, if Don Sakana comes around asking "where's my money, bitch?", the answer better be "here, Daddy!" or else you'sa sleepin' with da fishes?:shiinastare:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Sakana has said before how it's more difficult to fire anyone since Phase is Canadian and their labor laws strongly protect the employee. There's a lot of hurdles a company faces in order to justify firing someone over companies that operate elsewhere.
This may not apply to Yuri if she's a contractor. A lot of countries like France that have extremely strict labor laws in favor of their employees end up with a small selection of people considered employees while most people stay as contractors or on a probationary period. Even if they have a US branch they might end up keeping people on a trial period for years because it's habit for them at this point.

As the saying goes, every country has a minimum wage, and that wage is $0.

cucurut

Wasn't there someone who was rrating that Chibidoki hated Phase Connect recently? Hopefully she isnt involved much in this. She was one of the first people to comment on the Phase Connect notice last night as well.
I dropped her feeling some bad vibes after dozen hours. I don't think she hates Phase, she's just too immature and "social" following which way the wind blows. She also replied to one of tweets about Lumi using CL avatars.

Now the only VOD remaining on twitch is the one where yuri "jokes" about getting fired and how it will destroy phase.
1682363258742.png
(a)
Seems just terribly convenient to me that it stays up and the timestamped "joke" get posted to 4chan.

hololive ruined /jp/

It's hard to tell if this was a personal decision by Yuri to quit or if she did something fairly flagrant against her contract multiple times. Phase pays a base salary unlike other a lot of other agencies. So talents like Nasa who barely streams, is getting paid still. Obviously there might be a JP difference, just using it as an example. I know the US talents are paid as independent contractors too; Pippa and Lumi have talked about receiving 1099-MISC and paying estimated quarterly taxes. I'm kind of getting a sense that Yuri went against her contract multiple times. Phase seems like the last thing they want to do is lose talent, but if they don't stop acting against their contract, they have no choice.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone who knows more has loose lips and talks about it in the next few weeks.
Base salary was phased (heh) out with gen 2 and on contract renewals with gen 1 and likely the cyberlive rejects.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
6 Million butter cookies? :wtfman::shiinawangy:

That's what I think too, at least throughout the weak is that it was her doing it to mess with people or to play chicken with Sakana.

I think so too, I think she had some kind of ultimatum and she chose not to do it and force them to terminate her. I think her appearance on the up coming Con promotion also backs up that they had every intention of sorting it out with her. If I'm right, then what she's got in trouble for was found out at least a month ago and at least initially the reaction was very lenient.
Oh shit, I forgot that she had the con appearance booked too. I'm locking in my rrat for the time being. If you really wanted to overthink it, couldn't Yuri deleting shit to cause trouble explain the reactions or the lack thereof from the other talents?

Now the only VOD remaining on twitch is the one where yuri "jokes" about getting fired and how it will destroy phase.
Seems just terribly convenient to me that it stays up and the timestamped "joke" get posted to 4chan.
Leaving that D2 stream up when even the newer anniversary stream's VOD is unavailable seems entirely intentional.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Didn't help that an entire meeting was interrupted by her screaming TND at the top of her longs for the whole two hours.
GREAT, Now they need to have a meeting about the meeting before the NEXT meeting :fishfry:
I'm sure it'll get out, 15 Women? No way it's not getting out eventually.:menhera:
I'm gonna make an advance Rrat though.
Yuri taking money or gifts some how (don't know anything about this but we'll go with it) that involves communicating with fans a Yuri AND providing some other
contact information or account to do so.
Why is this a problem?: In addition to not being allowed to reveal other account as Yuri, people knowing her accounts may expose the accounts or information of other PC talents.
This is found out and she gets in trouble, but it's not that much trouble (don't know how they would work this out, maybe nothing?)
Then after looking into it or after more complaints about it the punishment is escalated (maybe now she must give back money or something? No idea?) so she opts
to just get terminated.
BONUS: The event last week of Isla Coleman (Kawaii) openly complaining about being doxed by people sharing her information in private discords may have encouraged revaluation or the serious threat of Yuri's actions and/or escalated PC talents voicing concerns and causing Fishman to make a more severe ultimatum.
DOUBLE Bonus: one of the ultimatums is to give access to to her private discord or similar communication for more investigation or what info was shared.
Oh shit, I forgot that she had the con appearance booked too. I'm locking in my rrat for the time being. If you really wanted to overthink it, couldn't Yuri deleting shit to cause trouble explain the reactions or the lack thereof from the other talents?
I think that PC knew exactly what Yuri did for at least a month and were expecting it be quietly handled and informed not to mention anything about it. I think they're upset but not surprised that she's going and probably knew the at least this week that she might be leaving. Some are probably relieved but being respectful and professional about it.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I think that PC knew exactly what Yuri did for at least a month and were expecting it be quietly handled and informed not to mention anything about it. I think they're upset but not surprised that she's going and probably knew the at least this week that she might be leaving. Some are probably relieved but being respectful and professional about it.
How much you want to bet that meeting that cut short the Lia and Pippa collab involved this situation?

hololive ruined /jp/

GREAT, Now they need to have a meeting about the meeting before the NEXT meeting :fishfry:

I'm sure it'll get out, 15 Women? No way it's not getting out eventually.:menhera:
I'm gonna make an advance Rrat though.
Yuri taking money or gifts some how (don't know anything about this but we'll go with it) that involves communicating with fans a Yuri AND providing some other
contact information or account to do so.
Why is this a problem?: In addition to not being allowed to reveal other account as Yuri, people knowing her accounts may expose the accounts or information of other PC talents.
This is found out and she gets in trouble, but it's not that much trouble (don't know how they would work this out, maybe nothing?)
Then after looking into it or after more complaints about it the punishment is escalated (maybe now she must give back money or something? No idea?) so she opts
to just get terminated.
BONUS: The event last week of Isla Coleman (Kawaii) openly complaining about being doxed by people sharing her information in private discords may have encouraged revaluation or the serious threat of Yuri's actions and/or escalated PC talents voicing concerns and causing Fishman to make a more severe ultimatum.
DOUBLE Bonus: one of the ultimatums is to give access to to her private discord or similar communication for more investigation or what info was shared.

this doesn't make sense since we've known about Yuni for a while. Along with Lia's other account and now with Dalgiwooyoo and rie.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
this doesn't make sense since we've known about Yuni for a while. Along with Lia's other account and now with Dalgiwooyoo and rie.
Exactly, not on a safe alt, (which might still get her in trouble if she got caught purposefully revealing it) but like her Facebook or something with her actual information, or maybe even just telling people her actual information, which could lead to them ascertaining the accounts or names of other talents that communicate with her.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
There's a difference between online giga-autists digging and finding out, and one of your employees willingly leaking info about your other employees. But I really doubt this is about that, I still believe it was about money.

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!
Damn it all to hell...I hope whatever war crime she committed was worth it.

I'll miss the short stack cat.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Damn it all to hell...I hope whatever war crime she committed was worth it.

I'll miss the short stack cat.

No matter the discussion and rumoring going on, I wish the best for SquibbyCat, and hope the break from Phase is as amiable as possible. She always seemed like a good natured person with a real bad luck streak, even if she was a little menhara.

Last edited:

Negzana

I never watched Yuri so I am not really hurt by this happening. I did not know what she was about really. It sucks but I watch Lia and Pippa (And clips of Tenma) and would be more sad if they had to go. Would probably be sad if Lumi went too because I would probably like her.

nightowl

Who?
I'll miss Yuri. Whenever she was in collabs, she was always a welcomed guest. I didn't watch a lot of her own stuff, but clips on her own were solid enough. I imagine it's especially weird for Lumi now. I still think those three mystery silhouettes for OffKai are new invaders and not gen 3 like a lot are saying. So maybe new invaders coming soon will at least make it less awkward being the only one.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Panko talks a bit about Yuri's termination, nothing new but good to see.

@ about 2:57:00 if timestamp fucks up

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
So pancho kinda spilled her spaghetti on stream regarding yuri
-Said she's kinda tilted at people calling pc a black company on twitter
-they let them do almost all they want but they still have rules
-managers tried to part ways with yuri amicably but they couldn't do it in the end
-says you don't want to know the details but then tries to rephrase it as it's complicated
-thinks yuri is ok

if the vod lives she said all this at the end of her dark souls 3 stream, I hope she doesn't get in trouble for speaking.

Top Bottom