"I guess there's no better way to display socks, to wear them on your hands... I mean imagine if we did have a picture of YAGOO displaying the socks with his actual feet, I'm pretty sure you guys would screenshot it and do weird things with it, so YAGOO arigatogozaimasu thank you for not showing your feet... please DO NOT show your feet! do not show your feet, don't do it! Don't do it!"Amelia Watson

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Disagree with this because there's outliers in corpos that are from big companies don't get 4 digits and there's indies who gets 5 digits. I believe that corpo helps on that when you're starting but if you already broke the 100 average views, it wouldn't change if you joined on not.

Even small corpos like Phase Connect can get hundreds of CCVs for debut streams based on nothing other than the brand of the corpo itself and it's advertising. Meanwhile there are tons of indie vtubers that are debuting every day to a grand total of zero viewers.

Your argument is that... the mot popular indies can beat the least popular corpos in terms of views? Okay, sure, but it's not the winning argument you think it is.

Disagree with this for the same reason, a good example of this is Miori Celesta, she's an indie and has done collabs and covers with people from Hololive.

I personally only agree with the manager and merch side, that it helps,
Five seconds of Google tell me she was previously a member of two corpos. Who's doing this without the connections and experience they got while in a corpo?

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Sad to see yuri go, but not that sad. I'm doing a bit of dumpster diving on /pcg/, and found this.
I too decided to check out /pcg/ to see their take on the situation. Terrible idea.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Man, Proctor was probably feeling good about himself that he finally got a domain for this place. He's going to go straight for the bottle when he wakes up and checks this thread.

kestraline

Early Adopter
That's a shame about Yuri but after all those accounts got deleted it got rather obvious where it was going.

Companies can have a track record of not having graduations or people getting fired but it eventually happens.

I do wonder if it will put people off from applying to Phase Invaders though in the future, given their whole thing was about keeping the model, yet an Invader has been the first one in that company to get canned.

Nabeshin

Meanwhile there are tons of indie vtubers that are debuting every day to a grand total of zero viewers.
Five seconds of Google tell me she was previously a member of two corpos. Who's doing this without the connections and experience they got while in a corpo?
This is why I said this:
believe that corpo helps on that when you're starting but if you already broke the 100 average views, it wouldn't change if you joined on not.

I don't think it's good for vtubers, like kirsche, who already has an average of 300-500 CCV to join phase, they can now grow on her own without needing them

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
There are plenty of rrats being thrown around, like her being the femanon that leaked Lia's RM pics, or Tax problems. Most of them boil down to money issues tho.
wat

Man, this has just been a fucking terrible 24 hours. Add whatever Uruka is going through right now, and it feels like things are just going to get worse.

Goddamnit Brapcat, why'd you have to go and seemingly do some retarded shit?

:pippasadl:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
That's a shame about Yuri but after all those accounts got deleted it got rather obvious where it was going.

Companies can have a track record of not having graduations or people getting fired but it eventually happens.

I do wonder if it will put people off from applying to Phase Invaders though in the future, given their whole thing was about keeping the model, yet an Invader has been the first one in that company to get canned.
From what I remember reading from their website they don't mention anything about keeping their rights to the model they bring to phase. I can't seem to find that part of the website anymore (not that im really trying) but all that I remember mentioning is that they're looking for people that could mesh well with the company. Perhaps the real dealbreaker was the rights of the model/character for many would be invaders.
Something people forget is that they didn't have yuri and lumi at gunpoint signing their contracts, I AT LEAST hope they read their contract carefully before signing anything and this is just a falling out with a bad outcome for yuri in regards of her model instead of her not reading shit properly and getting hit in the face with being fired and losing her model too in the process.

No Name

I've already learned all I can from him, he sent me here so I can learn from the heretics and the damned
I don't wanna be called that by a horselover. :youlittleshit:

To all the Phase bros, my condolences.
Atleast fox granny lives, there is still justice in this world.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Sad to see yuri go, but not that sad. I'm doing a bit of dumpster diving on /pcg/, and found this.

View attachment 21834

There are plenty of rrats being thrown around, like her being the femanon that leaked Lia's RM pics, or Tax problems. Most of them boil down to money issues tho.

>i'm leaving next month
>if someone leaves, this'll destroy the company

OK buddy.

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover

I think the "Keeping your model" thing only applies to the ones they joined with the newer ones were paid for by fishman so are owned by PC

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I don't know anything about this particular Rrat though. All I know is somebody did something that made other PC members concerned about their privacy, but I don't know what or if it was even Yuri, but I'd guess it is. I'm not willing to back it up though, so consider it just a Rrat.
Turns out @superduper was actually Yuri schizoposting the entire time.

Awww the video got taken down! I wanted to watch that, do you happen to have it archived? I know you said you didn't but did you really not archive it out of respect when we're supposed to ARCHIVE EVERYTHING!
This shit tends to end up in the "videos of people dying" thread back on the Homeland. Always worth a check there if you can't find it.
The donation rrat is attractive because people like explanations, and it fits all available data:
- Breaches occurred multiple times in secret and recently came to light (so not something like a negotiation breakdown over IP)
- A situation that theoretically could be "remedied", but in a way that Yuri may find unfavourable (e.g. pay back X amount and stop doing it)
- Something that Yuri and Phase Connect would feel strongly enough about to have negotiations break down
- The remaining talents seem emotionally down, but accepting

Of course, there is currently no proof, and even narratives that fit all available data can be completely wrong.
The one wildcard in all of this discussion is one of the parts of her and Lumi's original Invader terms - they gets to keep their personal Discord servers. If I remember right, Phase management didn't have a presence on them either. If anything discreet/behind the scenes was happening, it'd most likely be there. If she was indeed getting direct funds behind PC's backs as Yuri, I have to imagine that's the origination point.
Like they do with kirsche
Kirsche specifically is different, because she WANTS to join PC for it's management/wrangling benefits. She's talked about it numerous times.

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
What kind of yab is small enough to not warrant immediate termination upon discovery but big enough that they can't just give her a slap on the wrist. Not mentioning the fact that Fishman is somewhat of a pushover.

Last edited:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
I miss her already.

Please reincarnate, weird NEET cat.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
What kind of yab is small enough to not warrant immediate termination upon discovery but big enough that they can't just give her a slap on the wrist.
With how patient PC management has been with all kinds of public-facing bullshit Pippa or Lumi have caused, it's probably something money related, that's been negotiated on for a while, and Yuri just wasn't taking the deal.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
What kind of yab is small enough to not warrant immediate termination upon discovery but big enough that they can't just giave her a slap on the wrist.
Many workplaces will have a performance management system for a variety of reasons: labour laws, because it's cheaper and easier to retrain poor-performing staff than fire and rehire (not to mention that rehiring doesn't necessarily mean you get a better employee). There's also the point that other workers will take the news of a coworker being fired a lot better if you're able to show that you've made all reasonable efforts to try and rectify poor performance. Lastly, firing Yuri means a lot of lost capital on Sakana's part and lost revenue. It really is a last resort option.

I really don't think this was due to yabs though.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I doubt Yuri being fired has to do with yabs, the rabbit and the other autists have done far worse. The rrat I'm sticking with is some form of money issue where she was indeed skimming or kiting. Somehow this got leaked to sakana and then couldn't reach an agreement on paying back the difference.
Thus ends PC's spotless hiring record. Nothing lasts forever. :beatanimeds:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I doubt Yuri being fired has to do with yabs, the rabbit and the other autists have done far worse. The rrat I'm sticking with is some form of money issue where she was indeed skimming or kiting. Somehow this got leaked to sakana and then couldn't reach an agreement on paying back the difference.
Thus ends PC's spotless hiring record. Nothing lasts forever. :beatanimeds:
Fortunately, there is still one corp with a spotless hiring record left.

VShojo_Logo.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
We got any proof of anyone else skimming the table, or theories? Not counting people who are active elsewhere like Ole Karen or Dottovu. I'm talkin' those who are skimming with their active account

EDIT: post I was replying to was moved, but I guess this post could work in either thread

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
So is this why her April Fool's stream is the only one up on her twitch channel?

>she mentions she's graduating
>says she's leaving after the end of this month (April)
>says Sakana doesn't want to work with her anymore
>"what did I do? ummmmm....I wasn't cute and funny enough."
>stops talking about it like it's a deadpan joke and now tries to discuss it like it's a hypothetical

View attachment 21834

Someone on /vt/ made this:

Not at home right now so can't convert it

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Someone on /vt/ made this:
And this is why people to continue to put up the the sea of shit that is /vt/ - there is occasionally a gem like this. Hopefully we see the lepr again.

Top Bottom