"You would think that being naked would make things harder"IRyS

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!
Purin's had this line of four pictures up on her stream the entire time.

1682377057844.png
I just tuned in so I don't know if she gave an explanation to it.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
If that's the case, I wonder how Rie is feeling after tweeting that superchat about Yuri.
She should seriously feel good :SelenHAHAhere:was funny then, funnier now!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
RIP to all the hostages that won't be let out of the basement.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
I feel really bad for Lia; she's extremely close with Yuri. Cancelling today's stream doesn't make me feel any better for her mental wellbeing. :pippasadl:

Does this mean they are going to discontinue using squibbies?

Short

God Damn the Sun
I feel really bad for Lia; she's extremely close with Yuri. Cancelling today's stream doesn't make me feel any better for her mental wellbeing. :pippasadl:

Does this mean they are going to discontinue using squibbies?
Hope the spergs don't fuck with the chinchilla because of this.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Respect for Fishman + 10

Edit: Sakana's post the spergs was replying to.
Screenshot_20230424-181132.png

Last edited:

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Here's Panko talking briefly about Yuri's termination, i saw it was requested.

Edit: fuck i was late but i did post it in the right thread hehe

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Here's Panko talking briefly about Yuri's termination, i saw it was requested.View attachment 21882
Yeah, I'm starting to buy the rrat that Yuri was double dipping and it was basically an open secret in the company, probably in the form of gifts or commissions or something else and didn't give the fishman the contractually obligated cut.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Purin's had this line of four pictures up on her stream the entire time.

View attachment 21879
I just tuned in so I don't know if she gave an explanation to it.

She has had the Yuri picture on screen for some time now if you check her other streams, it's not due to Yuri getting fired.

Airless

Active lurker

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Zentraya quits once a month, they're not immune either
But how's he gonna do that with the brand new vshojo verified checkmark?

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
It's been interesting to watch various narratives evolve throughout the day. My favorite among these is how "predatory" it would be if PC had indeed acquired the rights to the Yuri character as part of the poaching process and/or not deeded them over to the person behind Yuri upon dismissal. I can't begin to follow the logic needed to arrive at the idea that an asset a company spent money to develop should be given away to a contractor leaving the company. Best case scenario she could have retained ownership of the original CL model. I imagine this isn't the last we've seen of her, and even if she reappears with a wildly different model it's not like she wouldn't be rediscovered within a week.
Respect for Fishman + 10
Despite the "fish bad" and "haha kson dunked on his twitter" jokes he continually appears to actually know what he's doing and it's beginning to sound like he went above and beyond to attempt to retain Yuri. Letting someone go is generally difficult even if it's deserved, and it's even worse trying to maintain some level of professionalism when dealing with random people on social media talking shit and criticizing you with no knowledge of what went into your decision. In the end every one of these groups is trying to herd gaggles of menhera women so trying to turn ZERO GRADUATIONS into a meme was asking to eat crow. I will now endeavor not to add any more of my ignorant opinions to this thread until we know much more.

lvl8

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

lvl8

Airless

Active lurker
But how's he gonna do that with the brand new vshojo verified checkmark?
Doesn't matter, thanks to him VShoujo is (probably) the current record holder for most quit vtubers. Even black companies like Phase Connect will have to work hard to catch up to VShoujo

kestraline

Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
So is this why her April Fool's stream is the only one up on her twitch channel?

>she mentions she's graduating
>says she's leaving after the end of this month (April)
>says Sakana doesn't want to work with her anymore
>"what did I do? ummmmm....I wasn't cute and funny enough."
>stops talking about it like it's a deadpan joke and now tries to discuss it like it's a hypothetical

Sad to see yuri go, but not that sad. I'm doing a bit of dumpster diving on /pcg/, and found this.

View attachment 21834

There are plenty of rrats being thrown around, like her being the femanon that leaked Lia's RM pics, or Tax problems. Most of them boil down to money issues tho.

I guess this kinda confirms the discovery happened as far back as the beginning of April, maybe even earlier. You had a good thing going Yuri, why did you have to ruin it!
How much you want to bet that meeting that cut short the Lia and Pippa collab involved this situation?
Not sure about this because other members were still streaming during this meeting, but maybe Fishman scheduled multiple meetings for the other members at different times to inform everyone without interrupting their stream schedules.
If that's the case, I wonder how Rie is feeling after tweeting that superchat about Yuri.
I hope she feels like shit!

I keep seeing people being mad that Yuri just gave the rights to her character for free, but somehow I have doubts that she did that. I'm more inclined to believe the fish offered to buy the rights to Yuri and Lumi's characters at an upfront cost to greater insure their loyalty to the company. This sort of deal would be a no brainer for someone who never intended to leave the company or stab them in the back in the first place.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Here's Panko talking briefly about Yuri's termination, i saw it was requested.View attachment 21882
"You don't want to know the details"

TND Yuri is becoming more of a reality. I want to believe this is how Yuri was dressed during company meetings
1682384942020.png

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Top Bottom