"It will be judged by our very own indomitable Tenma, the auspicious Shiina, ever gluttonous Ember and a mystery participant from our upcoming Gen3!"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

Huh I find it surprising all her stuff is getting taken down considering I was under the impression she was Yuri before joining Phase Connect, I wonder if that mean she gave all the rights to her persona after joining PC or if Yuri herself is gonna just quit streaming.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
...Is Proctor sleeping right now?

EDIT: someone deleted their post, so I had to delete mine to avoid double posting, but here's what I said (paraphrased)

"I feel like significantly more context is required by Phase-Connect, but that may just be the initial emotional backlash talking

This sucks, man"

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Pretty sure. I would put it up as a banner if I could.
This always happens when he's sleeping, he should have a direct caffeine IV injection to remove the need for sleep entirely

Speech To Text

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Well, there's the first termination. No idea if she owns her character or not but she's closing her Discord server that she had pre-Phase which suggests finality.
1682313675306.png

I didn't follow Yuri as closely as some but I've checked in on her streams from time to time and she always seemed very genuine and sincere, so it's surprising to see that something's been going on behind-the-scenes like this. I don't really know what else to say, this is the closest to home a graduation's been for me, it's a little bit upsetting, and I hope the goodbye video will at least go into a respectable amount of detail to give proper closure.

How hard is it to not breach a contract? It feels like most graduations are because these girls can't follow the rules they agreed to.

My rrat is she had Hostages carry her in Destiny 2 and broke some rule saying they can't play with fans off-stream.
Unless she was doing this several times a week after already being told off for it I doubt they'd outright fire a talent for that, just give them a slap on the wrist. It's pretty minor, all things considered.

Short

God Damn the Sun

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
One last video, next Sunday, hmm? That's an unusual step if it's an acrimonious split, so maybe things are not so bad.

I guess we'll find out if she'll get to keep the Yuri assets. I hope she bounces back wherever she ends up. Man, what a bummer.

Edit: Despite the message saying her socials are terminated immediately, her Twitter and YouTube profiles are still up. Get to archiving now if you want something saved.

View attachment A VTUBER COLLABED W⧸ NIKOCADO AVOCADO!!!!????? [MdhGilfMaEU].mp4

Edit 2: Twitter archive: https://archive.ph/RD4K5

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
On this day, we all squib

There are 6 days left in the Month of the Rake

Hold strong

Spirelord

Hello.
Always with the fucking channel nuking, I get why but I hate it. I just hope she ends up fine after it's done...

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I was about to talk about some shit in the Kronii stream and I come back to this?
Well, you have my condolences, any fans of Yuri.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Coco coming to that fan HL fighting game.

Koefficient will lose his shit over this.

Hold up they're killing her channel? Damn what kind of contract did they agree to then if they get fired their character is effectively fucked. You know what maybe being an invader is that good after all, damn.
GG Yuri
Hmm. Weird. This is so fucking weird especially after she got a fucking model rework.

Going back to my whole rrat about the manager thing I thought would happen if a talent stops being a talent only to become a manager, does she have to officially graduate?

As for the contract, I do remember Sakana talking (pretty sure it was with Yuri on the interview she did) about one of the more important things was for the company to have the rights of the character (guessing as to have something or hold some kind of power over the talents themselves). Guessing Lumi and Yuri gave the rights of their characters for maybe a higher cut of the profit?

How hard is it to not breach a contract? It feels like most graduations are because these girls can't follow the rules they agreed to.

My rrat is she had Hostages carry her in Destiny 2 and broke some rule saying they can't play with fans off-stream.
Depends on what exactly got breached. Maybe she can't stream anymore? Doesn't she live at her house with her parents? Maybe they are pushing her to go to college and shit (asians going to asian).

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
The wording seems like they found out she was doing a big no no in her contract and she probably thought it wasn't a big deal. They had a sitdown during contract renewal season, yuri told them that part of the contract was bullshit, both parties never came to an agreement and well fishman decided to pull the plug. I know for the fans it's hard but fishman isn't running a charity here, just like yagoo, you have to put your foot down and send a message to the other talents. If the reason was bullshit you'll see other girls jumping ship in the future but if not it was something the others agreed or couldn't argue against.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Well damn, that sucks. Guess Phase now has its first graduation. Sucks it's under these circumstances. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for anyone involved. Would be nice to get some more specifics on certain things, but I doubt we'll be getting much.

I wish the best for her. I didn't watch her too much, but I enjoyed some of her collabs with Lia, Lumi, and others, and I had a positive view of her. Like @Hff201said, it's the closest to home a graduation has been for me, as well, so it was definitely a slap to the face, especially since I was about to go to bed. It's probably going to be a weird week leading up to that farewell video.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter

niggaphil

Yuri being terminated. Sad to see her go, I am not sure whats the problem behind the scene, but I wish her all the best

Edit: It seems that the talents tried not to discuss or talk about Yuri Termination on twitter. Example:

Remi:

Airi:

:pippasadl:

Top Bottom