"What is three times nine? In a german sense it's 'I really don't wanna deal with your shit' because three times nine is 'NEIN NEIN NEIN' in german"Takanashi Kiara

vShojo suffers first casualties, Silvervale and Vei go indie

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
What is this, strike 3 in a week of you not actually learning anything?
Screenshot_20230426-012219.png
Nolan, he's 100% correct. What in the absolute living fuck is wrong with you?

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Silver responded to someone asking "Are you and Mousey still friends?" and hoooooooo boy a transcript cannot do this justice.

Timestamped

holy shit

I did not expect this. I thought she was only talking about Froot earlier. I have to wonder wtf happened

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh
No. If you lie with dogs you get fleas.

My problem with Vshojo isn't in relation to any one specific talent, it's the culture they've put forward and normalised within the vtuber community. The EN side of Vshojo is far too close to the normie Twitch community where clout-chasing trumps talent and virtue-signalling trumps content.

The "Talent Freedom!" slogan conveniently highlights two of the issues:

1) They do not offer talent freedom to earnestly support the talents' creativity; they just don't give a shit. Zentreya has an emo meltdown every month. Froot promised a donation she can't afford to make. Hajime doesn't even bother fucking streaming. The whole thing's unprofessional at best and an embarrassing shitshow at worst.

2) The slogan in itself is a thinly-veiled virtue-signal. "We're not like Hololive where everyone's micromanaged and has to follow rules, you can do whatever you like here!" - intentionally excluding the part where corpos who -do- give a shit have to keep talents in line to a degree to avoid potential upsets.

The sheer mismanagement that led to the Nux drama and backstabbing is just the cherry on top; the management (or lack thereof) are a fucking joke who would rather let the inmates run the asylum than take their job seriously. I believe associating with the EN side at least (I'd wager the JP side's fans don't care for the corpo and just want to watch the ex-Holos do their thing) in any meaningful capacity is just letting the tumour grow, and Silver's been so firmly embedded in the culture for long enough to have been complicit in its flaws until it came for her.
if i may offer a diatribe of my own, i feel that allowing people to do whatever they want only hinders creativity. kiryu coco was told by hololive to not violate certain rules, so she found loopholes and sometimes just broke the rules anyways and paid the consequences. this made her more interesting and fun and also benefitted her creatively. kson on the other hand, with no rules to break, constantly does the same tryhard sexual garbage and expects people to laugh and is really boring as a result.

the best example for this, besides kiryu coco/kson, is howard stern. howard stern on commercial radio deliberately broke every rule under the sun for the sake of comedy and paid a shitload of money in fines for it, and still never gave a fuck. that is until sirius offered him a shitload of money in exchange for no rules on what he could say or do. ever since he has been really boring and unfunny.

this argument has probably been made a million times already though

Speech To Text

Silver responded to someone asking "Are you and Mousey still friends?" and hoooooooo boy a transcript cannot do this justice.

Timestamped

I've never watched the Vshojo vtubers. Did they act like friends or did people assume they were friends because they work for the same company?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Timestamped

Holy shit this is the spiciest shit anything has said about Mouse publicly lmao

Things are gonna be an interesting read once more people start waking up

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
No. If you lie with dogs you get fleas.

My problem with Vshojo isn't in relation to any one specific talent, it's the culture they've put forward and normalised within the vtuber community. The EN side of Vshojo is far too close to the normie Twitch community where clout-chasing trumps talent and virtue-signalling trumps content.

The "Talent Freedom!" slogan conveniently highlights two of the issues:

1) They do not offer talent freedom to earnestly support the talents' creativity; they just don't give a shit. Zentreya has an emo meltdown every month. Froot promised a donation she can't afford to make. Hajime doesn't even bother fucking streaming. The whole thing's unprofessional at best and an embarrassing shitshow at worst.

2) The slogan in itself is a thinly-veiled virtue-signal. "We're not like Hololive where everyone's micromanaged and has to follow rules, you can do whatever you like here!" - intentionally excluding the part where corpos who -do- give a shit have to keep talents in line to a degree to avoid potential upsets.

The sheer mismanagement that led to the Nux drama and backstabbing is just the cherry on top; the management (or lack thereof) are a fucking joke who would rather let the inmates run the asylum than take their job seriously. I believe associating with the EN side at least (I'd wager the JP side's fans don't care for the corpo and just want to watch the ex-Holos do their thing) in any meaningful capacity is just letting the tumour grow, and Silver's been so firmly embedded in the culture for long enough to have been complicit in its flaws until it came for her.
One could argue they're the genesis of the god-awful EN VTweeter culture we're dealing with now.

Notice how virtually every EN VTuber with political brainrot is also not only a twitch streamer, but likely some manner of coomerbait as well. This performative "outspoken girlboss" song and dance can primarily be traced back to VShojo and it's unwillingness to tell their talents to shut the fuck up.

When Holo was the standard, so was public appearance. VShojo lowered VTubing to just more twitch thottery, but with an avatar. Even the kayfabe aspect is completely meaningless to them.

There's a reason Kson joining up with them was met with so much negative reaction. Like the MVP of a sport joining up with a team that's clearly just a money laundering front, and doing it completely willingly, thinking it's the right career move...

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh
I've never watched the Vshojo vtubers. Did they act like friends or did people assume they were friends because they work for the same company?
well, they are (mostly) women, so probably the latter

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
There a click that doesn't recruit outside their orbiters, and that was that's still the prevailing opinion silver lost her position in the click due to the Hogwarts shit and as such lost much of the value being associated with them.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Timestamped

Somehow I get the feeling this is going to encourage more people to believe the rrat that Mousey is grifting and faking her illness. Also jesus you’d think that she would have supported Silvervale but…..jesus.

Anyways unrelated to vshowhoe. Scarle is live with Elden Ring.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Nolan for fucks sake
Day of nolan derailing the general thread numero tres!
We aren't single-minded fucking morons nolan, we don't just clap mindlessly at stimuli independently of the circumstances.
Hey fucking retard, the last time the thread talked about me was literally because someone else posted about me. How the fuck do I "devolve the thread" when I didn't intiate shit

God's Strongest Dragoon

There a click that doesn't recruit outside their orbiters, and that was that's still the prevailing opinion silver lost her position in the click due to the Hogwarts shit and as such lost much of the value being associated with them.
The whole thing about Mousey not talking to her for 7 months makes it seem like the Hogwarts shit was just the final straw.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
This actually makes me wonder. Do people here like Silver now? Has she redeemed herself in the eyes of this community because of HL controversy?
Nope. :WHORE!!!:s are :WHORE!!!:s and I don't like :WHORE!!!:s. If I can find you on the site I took this screenshot in and I have to censor this much to make it postable, you're a :WHORE!!!: and I don't like you (apologies if I missed any cocks):
1682491578965.png
Edit: I missed a cock. A black one, ironically.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
if i may offer a diatribe of my own, i feel that allowing people to do whatever they want only hinders creativity. kiryu coco was told by hololive to not violate certain rules, so she found loopholes and sometimes just broke the rules anyways and paid the consequences. this made her more interesting and fun and also benefitted her creatively. kson on the other hand, with no rules to break, constantly does the same tryhard sexual garbage and expects people to laugh and is really boring as a result.

the best example for this, besides kiryu coco/kson, is howard stern. howard stern on commercial radio deliberately broke every rule under the sun for the sake of comedy and paid a shitload of money in fines for it, and still never gave a fuck. that is until sirius offered him a shitload of money in exchange for no rules on what he could say or do. ever since he has been really boring and unfunny.

this argument has probably been made a million times already though
This discussion has come up before but to add another point of consideration to this: the unwritten social rules surrounding Vshojo and their fanbase are far more inhibiting to creativity and self-expression than the firmer, formal rules the likes of Hololive talents have to follow.

Look at the genesis of their biggest controversy this year: one of their streamers DARED to play a particular game. That's it. She didn't go on a political rant, she didn't shit on another creator, nothing spicy at all; she just played a game that's (at a stretch) associated with le evil TERF lady - only to be hounded by literally hundreds of the attack dogs Vshojo themselves courted. How do you even begin to break the mold and push limits in that environment?

"Don't talk about politics" or "you need permission to collab with that person" have nothing on the chilling effect Vshojo's crowd invites.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Timestamped

She really just dropped that? The others I would expect that from, but Mouse? Not so much. Then again, I keep my toes out of Vshojo as often as possible so it's not like I really believed she was the only "kind" one in there.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Somehow I get the feeling this is going to encourage more people to believe the rrat that Mousey is grifting and faking her illness. Also jesus you’d think that she would have supported Silvervale but…..jesus.
I think part of the nature of VS is that everybody "has their own thing going on" to a greater degree than other corpos. If they have a personal relationship, they'll communicate with each other. If they don't, they won't. There is no cultivated camaraderie like Hololive builds their generations with.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

IdenticalPlateaus

"Don't talk about politics" or "you need permission to collab with that person" have nothing on the chilling effect Vshojo's crowd invites.
Yeah this whole situation makes me wonder if they can ever go back to having a 'friendship' vibe again after everyone has already seen the man behind the curtain.
Some of them are probably friends but I don't see how anyone could get invested in that idea after this? I guess Kson and Nazuna are probably actually friends, so there's that.

Last edited:

TwoBit

Early Adopter

Timestamped

This is some piping hot tea as the gorls say! I wonder what happened and will mouse respond to this at all? I'd like to tune into Vei in case she spills some more about the ongoings behind the scenes, but that would require sitting through a Veibae stream...

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Timestamped

You smell that gentlemen?

Smells like some good rrats a-brewin'

Last edited:
Top Bottom