"Even if you have depression, if you have a good poo cycle, it's gonna save your ass. I'm not even joking"Enna Alouette

Vidya Games Thread

God's Weakest Tard

What @Abomination said. I'm assuming you're asking because the remake of Sky was just announced. If you're willing to wait, the remake looks really really good and will keep the same translated script from the old game.

Thanks for the heads up! I actually didn't know about the remake and just purchased the original release, but I'll probably get around to playing it next year. Big thanks to you and @Abomination for the information.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
What @Abomination said. I'm assuming you're asking because the remake of Sky was just announced. If you're willing to wait, the remake looks really really good and will keep the same translated script from the old game.

Holy shit, I missed this. That's great news. Even better that it's releasing worldwide all at once (though, definitely because they are using the same script, so no getting better on that...). Been wanting to eventually play through them again, so will hold off a little longer.

Also, I forgot to add @God's Weakest Tard: if you do end up playing the original Sky releases, I recommend looking for the voice patches. It adds the voices from the remasters. Not everything is voiced, but it really does add a lot to hear the voicelines.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
A warning about Trails of Cold Steel, if you thought Trails in the Sky was the bees knees there's no guarantee you will enjoy CS just as much. Happened to me anyway.

Kalion

:)

Archive of news post

>Amazon Games announces they're going to censor and "diversify" Blue Protocol for a Western release
>Take so fucking long to do it that the JP version of the game shuts down

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Archive of news post

>Amazon Games announces they're going to censor and "diversify" Blue Protocol for a Western release

Global is also just outright cancelled. Serves them right for banning western IPs. PSO2 got to live close to ten years partly because of the global audience playing on JP.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Archive of news post

This shit was announced on the same time that TOF was released globally and Genshit was close to their very atrocious first anniv at that time

Kek lmao :whatastory:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Shamelessly stolen:

concord hitler.jpg

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Castlevania Dominus Collection is good. I have those games for DS, but I always worry about cartridge rot. I have the roms for them already to, but I like the way the did their best to make a former DS game work on PC. So far I had to use the stylus (i.e. PC mouse) to create an emblem, but it worked out fine. Not sure how any other stylus sections will be.

I'm finally getting into Portrait of Ruin again after all these years. I'm also looking forward to finally beating that crab in Order of Ecclesia.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I'm finally getting into Portrait of Ruin again after all these years.
PoR needs the stylus to get real value out of the non-active character's weapon attacks, and part of the final boss somewhat relies on being able to do so.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
If you want your daily reminder that you're an oldfag, it's the tenth anniversary of Gamergate today.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
On the subject of DEI games no one is interested in playing -

Stuttering Craig is the former owner/co-founder of ScrewAttack and now does the SideScrollers podcast. He's an oldhead ACTUAL game journalist/reviewer with a conservative lean, so I expect he does have actual contacts telling him about this.

Negzana

Coco's going to be added to Holocure, confirming Gen 4. Can't wait to play and max out Watame.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

On the subject of DEI games no one is interested in playing -

Stuttering Craig is the former owner/co-founder of ScrewAttack and now does the SideScrollers podcast. He's an oldhead ACTUAL game journalist/reviewer with a conservative lean, so I expect he does have actual contacts telling him about this.

Craig and his SideScrollers stuff is really good. Craig is also from the era of Games Media when people involved actually liked games. Blabs is also quite funny.

Coco's going to be added to Holocure, confirming Gen 4. Can't wait to play and max out Watame.

Watame's ultimate has so much potential to be absolutely hilarious.

Kalion

:)

Visions of Mana released literally today. To glowing reviews and much fan praise. Currently sitting at Very Positive on Steam. Square spent a good amount of marketing money on sponsoring streamers, fleshies and vtubers alike, to play the game. And the studio gets shut down.
Can you imagine the company meeting? "Congratulations on the successful launch! Now get out."

God's Strongest Dragoon

Age of Mythology: Retold (remaster of AoM) is coming out on September 4th but Clio is playing it already

UberSoldat

An obscure platformer named Croc is being remastered by the original developer

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Visions of Mana released literally today. To glowing reviews and much fan praise. Currently sitting at Very Positive on Steam. Square spent a good amount of marketing money on sponsoring streamers, fleshies and vtubers alike, to play the game. And the studio gets shut down.
Can you imagine the company meeting? "Congratulations on the successful launch! Now get out."

Weird bit is their funding costs have been consistently dropping for the last several years, but a Japanese Dev probably costs 5x that amount of a Chinese one. That said, the reality is that only Gacha games will have the return the Chinese companies would be after. There's also this issue that the dominant Live Service games have so brutally crowded out the new release market that it takes a massive amount of marketing for a property that has natural interest to break through.

Though, per the article, they'd apparently been cutting staff for a while, so it seems like the studio was more a Contract Studio. The real money is always in owning your own IP.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Fun Dog Studios just announced that The Forever Winter will be going into Early Access on September 24th for $27
-Gear will be earned through skill or luck
-No charge for additional maps, quests, new characters, new bosses, etc
-Only additional paid services will be purely for skin packs to support the team
There's quite a few other details in the video

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is currently 90% off on Steam
The Royal Edition is $4.

UberSoldat

Hideaki Itsuno, director of Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma, is leaving Capcom

Top Bottom