"I believed in it. Ina is the truth. Truth is Ina. I liked Roberu."Pako

Vidya Games Thread

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Oh yeah, Gamescom is happening I wonder how Atlus is do-

:gunpeko:

Don't want to do you like this bro, but someone made a meme about you
View attachment 76291
Its quite impressive how Joker became so overused and one of the memes for a gacha dying along 2B, atleast Yoko Taro was honest by saying he liked the crossover money

I didnt even realize but i guess thats why i got a tweet whining about people whining the Demi Fiend wasnt the superboss, so atleast its a character who already wasnt one like him

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Subaru enjoying playing Megaman 2.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

This looks like a fun collab, so why am I feeling sad?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

This looks like a fun collab, so why am I feeling sad?

It was a lot of fun. They went for over 15 hours straight playing together. I'm sure Pekora talked about it, but I don't remember. I do remember Aqua saying she was able to do it without her mind breaking because Pekora was there. Those two are fun together.

And I know what you mean. Shion recently said something that fits pretty well:

I mean, I can always meet up and talk with her. And we'll probably still talk and hang out in the future. But the memories I can create with Minato Aqua as Murasaki Shion can only be made now, you know?

Even if Aqua does come back as a PL or someone else (which would be nice, and I'd definitely watch), it's likely we won't see collabs like this anymore.
:painpeko:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It's been a hell of a ride, from playing shin megami tensei, then bemoaning them never getting ported over the US, to then getting ported constantly, to then P3, then P4 and now the present time in which Atlus is hooked up to an inhumane abomination hell-machine that can sustain it so long as they keep pumping out more persona 5 related crap, until the day we all die. What a life I've led.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's been a hell of a ride, from playing shin megami tensei, then bemoaning them never getting ported over the US, to then getting ported constantly, to then P3, then P4 and now the present time in which Atlus is hooked up to an inhumane abomination hell-machine that can sustain it so long as they keep pumping out more persona 5 related crap, until the day we all die. What a life I've led.
And yet Persona 2 is still in half-and-half hell.

UberSoldat

Marathon Infinity has finally hit Steam. At least it's not a maze :smugpipi:.

With that, the entire trilogy is now up for grabs on the store, all for free. Although their gameplay may not have aged well compared to its contemporaries, the world and setting is still quite intriguing. They are definitely worth checking out if you wish to experience Bungie at their peak pre-Halo.

Plus, don't you think you should be familiar with the games if you want to compare them to the upcoming reboot? :smugselen:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
We're diving head-first into weeb central, folx, and I'm here to remind you that none of us are safe from the hobby-grade beatdown we're about to receive in the coming weeks and months

Next week is a two-for-one special, coming right out of the gate with Gundam's apology for New Gundam Breaker - and if it doesn't live up to expectations, they will face the ire of GunPla enthusiasts the world over, let alone their investors. At the very least, it can be used to satisfy the primal need to build and paint GunPla without going bankrupt:

A day later is Visions of Mana, which is Square-Enix realizing they have dormant IPs they can break open to help out with their financial woes, so it better sell copies or the big wigs might get the brain disease where they think people don't want these sort of games anymore. Absolutely poor optics to put it even remotely close to Gundam Breaker 4 though!

A few weeks later is Final Fantasy XVI and its DLC being set free from the PS5, and at a whopping 170 GB install size with an SSD requirement, perhaps it is best to wait for a combination of optimization patches and Black Friday sales on an external SSD before considering the purchase - and by then it should go on sale as well, so it's a win-win. If I haven't been obvious enough, please do not buy this at launch, unless you have money to burn:

Speaking of dormant(ish) IPs that Square-Enix is sitting on, the remake of Romancing Saga 2 will most likely be widely ignored by and large, but I greatly appreciate their efforts in keeping the SaGa IP alive and well. Perhaps this could lead to the pipe dream of a new SaGa game being made in this style, and not like Scarlet Ambition or Emerald Beyond? Who could say, but I have immense amounts of copium that has persisted for about a decade or so!

Don't forget to book your time off for the Latinx government-mandated holiday that is the launch period of Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero, and it better push insane numbers both in honor of Akira Toriyama's passing, and to show that Budokai Tenkaichi style games should have continued support. You can't even begin to imagine the sheer number of Gokus and Vegetas that you can play as in this game.

Somehow, on the same day as Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero, Atlus is launching their new fantasy IP that is a culmination of experience gained from their catalogue these past 35 years. There has been enough gameplay shown that, yes, this is going to be an excellent JRPG that will possibly chart Top-10 GOTY lists for 2024, but they are fighting against the beast that is Dragon Ball for audience share during the launch period. Hopefully, they set a better schedule for their inevitable game-revision expansion years from now, let alone the sequel.

A few weeks afterward is Ys X: Nordics, which I'm surprised is releasing in the same year as Trails through Daybreak, but I'll take it. Surely, it won't have the same localization issues as the base launch of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, right? It's launching on the same day as Romancing Saga 2, so I'm willing to bet it will absolutely bury it in sales, if not just cannibalize it outright, because Ys has more of a mindshare than SaGa among regular JRPG enthusiasts (that I am currently aware of).

Starting out in November is Farmagia, which is a monster taming/farming sim hybrid with character design by the creator of Fairy Tail. While it might go under the radar, it should fill a similar niche to something like Harvestella (which I am still waiting for an expansion or sequel to). Otherwise, they should try to capture as much of the Palworld audience as possible if they were smart with their marketing (but they probably won't).

Capping off the year is Dragon Quest III: HD-2D Remake - yes, there will be concerns that it's censored, to which I personally say, shut the fuck up. Dragon Quest III is a cultural icon in Japan, I can tell you right now that they're not going to fuck it up in any major way, or they will unironically face the ire of an entire nation. If they DO somehow fuck it up, and face the ire of an entire nation, then that's going to be evergreen content in itself for ages to come, and I'll be right here reporting on it! That being said, if the changes mean that much to you regardless, save your money and play one of the current Dragon Quest III ports available on Switch and Mobile.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Valve just unleashed the floodgates and are now allowing Deadlock to be pubically discussed. Streams, Videos, fan-shit, etc.

Game is still invite only and using temporary art assets and gameplay is subject to change.

VSoyBoy

Valve just unleashed the floodgates and are now allowing Deadlock to be pubically discussed. Streams, Videos, fan-shit, etc.

Game is still invite only and using temporary art assets and gameplay is subject to change.
There's also a public steam page now.
Screenshot 2024-08-24 150033.jpg

Thanks for the plethora of information Valve.

UberSoldat

Sale on Ukrainian-made games, which naturally include Stalker and Metro.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
There's also a public steam page now.
View attachment 76619
Thanks for the plethora of information Valve.
I assume they did this because:
A) Everyone and their dog knows about this game and how to get an invite.
2) Makes looking this up on SteamDB less of a hassle, I guess?
III) My Steam Library properly shows all the normal information that would typically be shown for a game like Deadlock now (Friends playing, Friends who own/have played, a proper community hub). Whereas before It was literally just DEADLOCK and a play button with all the other info hidden until you got in game.

It's funny that it is "to be announced". This game definitely was not properly announced and I would say there's a slim chance that Valve could up and decide one day "yeah despite this game getting a record number of concurrent players when we opened the playtest servers for the day for a game that is still an alpha test that was leaked, we've decided to backslide and shelve the project. We'll take what design philosophies or whatever into consideration for our next titles!"

Bug Eater

Sale on Ukrainian-made games, which naturally include Stalker and Metro.
The two Metro Redux games are also heavily discounted in the Nintendo eShop ($7 for the pair) but some of the stealth sections are dark as hell and there's no gamma adjustment. It's just about playable if you wait until night-time and turn the lights off. Otherwise the port seems pretty decent (I really need to get myself a Steam Deck)

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
If anyone wanted me sperging out about Deadlock more, you're in luck! One of the Valve devs in their discord shared with us a video of the earliest demo of the game they had.
This apparently existed from before it was known Internally as "Citadel". FYI Deadlock has had a few different cycles of development so far and it's why I'd say they could change the artstyle again for all we know.
"Citadel" was an asymmetric moba-styled Half-Life game.
"Neon Prime" was similarly set in the Half Life Universe with you playing as the Combine. Still with moba-esque gameplay. I've heard that Bebop's current design is still a holdover from Neon prime.
There was also apparently "Shatterline" which was still similar to the other two above but way more gritty of an artstyle (I've heard it was similar to early HL2 concept art) which was the first iteration to be set outside of the HL universe.

UberSoldat

Sale on isometric RPGs. Notable titles include Pathfinder, Wasteland 2, and the Infinity Engine games

UberSoldat

Gman looks at even more bad ports of great games

God's Weakest Tard

So, after dealing with the disappointment that was the Fate/Stay Night remaster, I decided to listen to the advice of a buddy of mine and dive into the Legend of Heroes series, starting with the original Trails in the Sky. Would anyone happen to have recommendations on what games in the series to hop on to afterwards?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
So, after dealing with the disappointment that was the Fate/Stay Night remaster, I decided to listen to the advice of a buddy of mine and dive into the Legend of Heroes series, starting with the original Trails in the Sky. Would anyone happen to have recommendations on what games in the series to hop on to afterwards?
Trails in the Sky
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure
Trails of Cold Steel 1-4
Trails into Reverie
Trails Through Daybreak

The Trails in the Sky games are one arc, Zero and  Azure another arc considered the Crossbell  arc, Cold Steel the next arc, Reverie is a mix, especially with the Crossbell and Cold Steel arcs. Daybreak is the newest arc. All are heavily connected with recurring characters, stories, locations, etc. The Crossbell games and Cold Steel 1-2 even take place at the same time with a bit of crossover at times. All this said, it is highly recommended to play them in the order listed above. Basically, the original release order.

It's definitely a time investment, but if you're willing to stick with it, it is an incredibly rewarding experience. Even though I've been slacking on finishing Reverie and moving on, it's still my favorite game franchise. I spent almost exactly one year down to the hour between getting my first achievement in Sky FC and my last achievement in Cold Steel 4 (the most recently released game at the time). Azure is definitely my favorite game in the series with Sky SC and Cold Steel 3 coming after.

Hopefully you enjoy them too.

chihirogumi

What @Abomination said. I'm assuming you're asking because the remake of Sky was just announced. If you're willing to wait, the remake looks really really good and will keep the same translated script from the old game.

Top Bottom