"To live is to be lost"Suzuhara Lulu

Vidya Games Thread

niggaphil

Saw this Monster hunter Wild Trailer, I want to share it because reason: :dokiSmug:

Twitter gonna be twitter:

Right now I and my wife are playing helldivers 2 to kill time before Monster Hunter Wilds release (Each of us played > 2k hours on Monster hunter Iceborne)

To be honest, I preferred Monster hunter community more than Helldivers 2 community.
For Monster Hunter Iceborne gameplay nerf:
Community: Aw it sucks. Anyway, time to swap the new build for kill monster or do mega barrel bomb only for shit and giggles!

For Helldivers 2 gameplay nerf:
Community: Burn the developers with Fire! Review bomb it!

The Helldivers 2 community is a fucking cancer right now. I preferred to have smaller community to enjoy the game like the HD1 good old days

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Saw this Monster hunter Wild Trailer, I want to share it because reason: :dokiSmug:

Right now I and my wife are playing helldivers 2 to kill time before Monster Hunter Wilds release (Each of us played > 2k hours on Monster hunter Iceborne)

To be honest, I preferred Monster hunter community more Helldivers 2 community.
Community: Aw it sucks. Anyway, time to swap the new build for kill monster or do mega barrel bomb only for shit and giggles!

The Helldivers 2 community is a fucking cancer right now. I preferred to have smaller community to enjoy the game like the HD1 good old days

fucking pile diving a monsters ass will never not be fucking funny

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

To be honest, I preferred Monster hunter community more than Helldivers 2 community.

> Seeing these videos, building the anticipation for me and the other SwagAxe master race.
7gg92e.jpg

Now to see if the cowards will give us any new weapons like the Tonfa or magnet spike from Frontier.

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
> Seeing these videos, building the anticipation for me and the other SwagAxe master race.
7gg92e.jpg

Now to see if the cowards will give us any new weapons like the Tonga or magnet spike from Frontier.
magnet spike would be cool in these conditions because you will see these retards whos gonna complain that its so OP or some shit and theres people from frontier who will just vibe at their hunters flying from place to place while dealing massive amounts of damage

i still want the frontier elders because god they are so cool

UberSoldat

Have a blast from the past, certainly was for me

niggaphil

I wish they bring the actual SwagAxe from monster hunter sunbreak to the wilds.

The SwagAxe in monster hunter iceborne is pale compare to the sunbreak version.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I wish they bring the actual SwagAxe from monster hunter sunbreak to the wilds.

The SwagAxe in monster hunter iceborne is pale compare to the sunbreak version.
I hope so man. While I think overall World is the superior game, it HURT going back to it after Sunbreak. The Air Dive and Phial Counter are just such fucking Kino abilities it hurt to lose them.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I'll just be happy to have both the clutchclaw and the thing from Rise gone.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Fate/Stay Night is finally on steam, after decades of every localization company under the sun begging to bring it over, we are accelerating the end times like nothing else:

Bad news, the game is broken on launch to the point where it might as well be put through a randomizer, the characters/backgrounds/music/effects don't match at all.

I guess that's one way to knee-cap this historic weeb moment? please look forward to whether or not it will be patched at all!

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Me, after seeing you can turn 180° while charging the greatsword:
4511.png

Played probably 5000 hours between P3rd, 4U and XX, hated World and Iceborne beyond belief, actually really liked Rise because it brought back a lot of shit that was lost in World/Iceborne, and had maps that were actually designed to be played instead of looking nice, and being able to grapple makes everything better. Was cautiously optimistic when they announced Wilds, but the more I see, the more I just don't care. While I think World/Iceborne was a genuinely bad game, Wilds could be fucking fantastic, and I hope it is, but every day we stray further from Shagaru Magala's light, and I wish all of this was a spinoff series and that I could at least get one more game without any of this bullshit.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Good looking moves, though I wish we'd got to see damage numbers to see if they've cucked out again and made aerial style IG trash.
I hope so man. While I think overall World is the superior game, it HURT going back to it after Sunbreak. The Air Dive and Phial Counter are just such fucking Kino abilities it hurt to lose them.
I thought Gunlance was good at the time but trying to go back to it after Rise is like pulling teeth, every move you make only draws attention to how dysfunctional it really was. I had to swap out to other weapons to play - Lance was actually really good.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Welp, I finally finished with Elden Ring for a while. I stopped my playthrough around Mohg in 2022 because Sunwell came out in Classic WoW. Got back into it with the DLC coming out and finished both the base game and DLC. Guess I might pick up Monhun since I have World and Iceborne just chilling in my library. Never played a Monhun, so time to figure out which autistic cult I'm joining in regards to weapon specs.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
I prefer World over Rise because Rise feels like a premium KR Action game rather a MonHun - there's almost no consequences for playing like a mongrel bashing two braincells together (one braincell if you play Longsword).
With that said, going overly anime/"Quality of Life"-esque when compared to Tri/4U or even GU in some places removes so much from the franchise that I feel it's gonna be another commercial slog with drip-fed content and timegating as Rise was when they released Valstrax. To give you an example, in 4U while progressing through the Village quests there's a point where you unlock Akantor and, if you played the game good enough, you're definitely short of stats to beat him, because the simple act of walking will remove 70% of your HP. But you see, it's there, but you can't beat it, so you need to go back and farm. World and Rise instead added a fucking HUNTER RANK LIMITATION to stop you from progressing too quickly, like reaching MR24 to fight Alatreon and Raging Brachydios until asking for you to farm to MR99 to unlock Ruiner Nergigante and then Fatalis (I think while this sucked, Guiding Lands is fun so it wasn't that dealbreaker, just super annoying), and asking for HR100 to fight Valstrax, respectively. I think that shit is utterly disrespectful to the player, because you're stopping the good players and extending a full time of nothingness with no perceived goal because "It's not how we want the player to advance". I dont need the videogame to hold my hand I want my intelligence respected.
Talking about what Wilds has revealed, it's super gamefied, in the sense that hunting for the monster and discovering gathering points is probably dead - the minimap is super detailed with a planar 3D process that looked bad 20 years ago and looks bad today, now full with glowing icons and paths for you to follow like a slave ant. You don't have to "look for things" anymore, I'm going full doomer mode because showing scoutflies that early feels too much, it should be a nerfed version of World's where you have to look for everything yourself and eventually they find out the monster, not fairies aiming at the target for you.

I will still play it but I fucking despise how commercial Capcom is going for their main titles. DD2 performance on PC still isn't fixed and they're gonna release more DLC to it without addressing the elephant in the room, not to say the exploitative pricing in SF6 and dogshit proprietary DRM together with Denuvo that will definitely fuck up performance, just like World release chugging balls because of MTF held by gum with Denuvo over it to kill all your CPU threads.
Sorry for sperging but all the franchises I loved got destroyed by modern gaming "design" and seeing Monster Hunter going the same path is flaring my PTSD. And I didn't even start that early, my first one was P3rd using emulators in 2012 or some shit.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Fate/Stay Night is finally on steam, after decades of every localization company under the sun begging to bring it over, we are accelerating the end times like nothing else:

Bad news, the game is broken on launch to the point where it might as well be put through a randomizer, the characters/backgrounds/music/effects don't match at all.

I guess that's one way to knee-cap this historic weeb moment? please look forward to whether or not it will be patched at all!

I have read that you have to run the game in Japanese locale in order to play without these issues :whatastory:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I have read that you have to run the game in Japanese locale in order to play without these issues :whatastory:
Jesus, what fucking year is it? "Remastered" my ass. You haven't had to do shit like that to get Japanese games to run since like the 2000s.

Alchemyth

Jesus, what fucking year is it? "Remastered" my ass. You haven't had to do shit like that to get Japanese games to run since like the 2000s.
It's just the realta nua version for psp ported to pc. That means they put serious effort in to fuck it up as badly as they did.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
It's just the realta nua version for psp ported to pc. That means they put serious effort in to fuck it up as badly as they did.
Yeah I know. Reala Nua has had a PC port for over 12 years. When they said remastered, I figured they, at least, had it working better than the unofficial patch done years ago by fans. I guess what they really meant was that they didn't touch it at all.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Just wanted to point out that Titanfall 2 is having -90% discount till 20th august.

Might nab it even though my laptop probably wont run it at minimum requirement, since its like, $2 or something.

niggaphil

Wow, this is not the Gunlance that I used to know before. I hope Lance could get some SWAG move.

To be honest, the Monster Hunter: Wild should be called Monster Hunter: Ass-Drilling because there are so many Ass-Drilling Moveset in the new weapons :dokiSmug:

Top Bottom