"IF IT'S ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION IT IS MY FAULT"Machina X Flayon

Vidya Games Thread

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Hello.
I am posting to ask you to please STOP buying Helldivers 2.

Thank you.
You basically can't get in the game at the 300k mark in my experience. I assume there's 130k people actually just looking at the loading screen in hope right now.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Hello.

Thank you.
It's insane how it keeps growing and growing. I hope it encourages them to take a look at 8 player (2 diver squads) events again and more weapon customization the director originally wanted with attachments. Can't forget the scrapped helmet traits as well.

Also, MOM SAYS IT'S MY TURN TO FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!
:fishfry:

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
Hello.

Thank you.
Can someone tell me why this game is so big?, all I see is yet another dull-colored online shooter.

Negzana

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
You basically can't get in the game at the 300k mark in my experience. I assume there's 130k people actually just looking at the loading screen in hope right now.

I've been informed that the game has no AFK kick system and so starting the game before going to work in the morning so you can play it ~10 hours later is a valid (if evil) tactic.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
In a hour

edit. added picture with release date

BANDAI NAMCO Europe - ELDEN RING Shadow of the Erdtree Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer [qLZen...jpg

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

Saturnus

haha it's unou

CAN WE FIX SMT V?
edit several hours later:
WE CAN

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Game series about young, hot crazy people killing each other

The Bear Jew casts a bunch of elderly has beens. Why do the Jews hate their God so much?

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Sucks Unicorn Overlord is console exclusive. It will probably go on PC a year later, but I'm debating if I should bite the bullet now for switch version or keep holding on. At leastI can download the demo now to try it before buying.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Aside from the Elden Ring DLC trailer, a lot of trailers just dropped today because of IGN Fan Fest and the Nintendo Direct
Silent Breath (no date, Early Access planned)
First person horror game in forest
Steam

Manor Lords (Early Access on April 26th)
Medieval City Building/Strategy
Steam, GOG, and Day 1 on PC Game Pass

Level Zero Extraction (Closed Beta on March 15th)
Asymmetric Multiplayer PvPvPvE FPS Extraction Horror
Steam

Contra: Operations Galuga (March 12th Release Date, Demo Available Now)
sidescrolling run and gun with up to 4 players
Xbox, PS4/5, Switch, and Steam

The Forever Winter (no date)
Survival Horror Shooter
Steam

Dome-King Cabbage (no date)
psychedelic visual novel monster-collecting RPG
Switch, Steam

Incolatus (no date)
FPS arena shooter
Steam

Wild Bastards (no date)
Hybrid FPS/strategy game with team management systems
Steam

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn (no date, extended gameplay reveal next month)
Open World Action-RPG
Epic Games, Xbox, PS5, Game Pass, and Steam

Turbo Kid (April 10th release date, demo on Steam on February 23rd)
Metroidvania based on the movie
Steam

Llamasoft The Jeff Minter Story (March 13th release date)
Interactive documentary where you can play games he created
Switch, Xbox, PS4/5, Steam, and GOG

Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked Collection (no date)
Remake with added stuff like Boss Rush, Boost Mode,
Switch, PS4, PS5

Ninja Five-O (no date)
Metroidvania Action Game
Switch, PS4/5

Felix the Cat Collection (no date, demo on Steam now)
Remake of NES game
Switch, PS4/5

Harold Halibut (no date, demo on Steam)
Narrative adventure
PS5, Xbox, PC, Steam

The Plucky Squire (2024 release)
Action-adventure that swaps between 2D and 3D worlds set in a storybook
Xbox, PS5, Switch, and Steam

Dave the Diver x Godzilla DLC (May 2024)
Brief gameplay of the Godzilla DLC shown
Switch, PC, PS4/5

Sand Land (April 26th)
Vehicle-based open world action RPG based on Toriyama's manga
PS4/5, Xbox, Steam

Kingmakers (Early Access 2024)
Bring modern weapons to Medieval England in a medieval sandbox game
Steam

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Splitting off the Nintendo Direct into a separate post to make room for the few other games I missed from IGN Fan Fest
World of Goo 2 (May 23rd)
Puzzle Game
Switch, Epic Games

Another Crab's Treasure (April 25th)
Souls-like Adventure
Xbox, PC, PS5

Rare Nintendo Online Collection (Available Now)
Killer Instinct, Battletoads, RC Pro-Am, and Snake Rattle'n'Roll. Blast Corps available as part of Expansion Pack subscription
Switch Online

South Park: Snow Day (March 26th)
Action game with up to 4player Co-op
Switch, Steam, Xbox, PS5

Endless Ocean Luminous (May 2nd)
Underwater Exploration with up to 30 players online
Switch

Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection (March 14th)
BF 1 and 2 with 64 online multiplayer, including the old Xbox DLC. Hero Assault is playable on all ground maps now.
Switch, PS4/5, Xbox, Steam (Steam Deck Supported as well)

Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble (June 25th)
New Super Monkey Ball game with 4 player local co-op and 16 player online
Switch

Shin Megami Tensei 5: Vengeance (June 21st)
Enhanced version with an additional storyline
PS4/5, Steam, Xbox, Switch

Ender Magnolia: Bloom in the Mist (2024 release)
Sequel to metroidvania game
Switch, Steam, PS4/5, and Xbox

Epic Mickey: Rebrushed (2024 release)
Remake of the Wii game
Switch, PS4/5, Steam

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Sucks Unicorn Overlord is console exclusive. It will probably go on PC a year later, but I'm debating if I should bite the bullet now for switch version or keep holding on. At leastI can download the demo now to try it before buying.

I have the Switch version on pre-order. Dragon's Crown still hasn't come to PC, though that one was a Sony exclusive.
Seems to be about Miquella like people were predicting, and snake man is either Rykard or some relation of his I assume.
Snakes represent blasphemy in Elden Ring, his clothes remind me a little of the gladiator set. I assume he somehow relates to Rykard. Maybe Tanith and Rykard's child?

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
I've been informed that the game has no AFK kick system and so starting the game before going to work in the morning so you can play it ~10 hours later is a valid (if evil) tactic.

A fifteen-minute AFK kick has been added. Let's see if the login issues get significantly better.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I will now proceed to write essays about current-ish monster taming game news, and monster taming related accessories (only one of the games isn't a monster tamer game), because I am autistic.

Palworld at 25mil copies sold within the first month of sales, surpassing Pokemon is merely a matter of time

With the current onslaught of twitch and chuuba promotion, it doesn't seem like it will die out any time soon - and hopefully the developers are able to hire as many people as needed, because last I checked they said they were woefully understaffed to handle the sheer amount of popularity it gained. Any investor that doesn't jump on ruthless expansion will live to regret their words and deeds.

In other Monster Taming news, TemTem is releasing a survivor-style game using their assets which, while smart from a development perspective, isn't exactly what people wanted out of them for the "next TemTem game":

Personally, I like TemTem, I backed the game during Kickstarter. It's a good competitive Pokemon-like, which is why it's unfortunate that the developers seem to be so out of touch with what people want. New regions and creatures? No, what the people want are battle passes, seasonal events, a rotating cash shop, of course! PVP updates and additional game-modes are good, excellent, as are the two variants of "shiny" for hardcore hunters/breeders, but if that's where the above post-launch funding for the game goes, it might genuinely take a "TemTem 2" to have an actual chance of reaching Palworld-status, let alone Pokemon.

...I'm going to get TemTem Swarm because my autism is tuned to Pokemon and Pokemon-likes, it's a mental disease of its own that only indie devs seem to focus on. Hopefully with Palworld, larger devs are able to have creature collectors greenlit once more, now that executives have dollar signs in their eyes at the prospect of jumping on the Palworld trend.

Re:Legend was kickstarted during a time when Pokemon had yet to transition into the HD console era, billing itself as somewhere between "Stardew Valley" and "Pokemon". An absolute winning formula, so you could understand its success in funding! But because this is a kickstarter game, it unfortunately follows the path of various kickstarter games before it: releasing in an incredibly buggy state that years of Early Access could not overcome, combined with the publisher preventing them from working on the game post-launch to not only fix it but finish their kickstarter promises (alleged by the developers for the past year or so). So it's also not surprising that it completely fell by the wayside!

Last month, the developers made a post stating that the publisher has since allowed them to start fixing the game again and adding the remaining content, as well as making console ports - current fixes are on the beta branch. Coincidence of coincidences, this comes days after Palworld becomes a smash hit, so my take on it is that the publisher sees dollar signs and wants to capitalize. That being said, don't buy it until it's "finished" with all of the backer content implemented, and fixes in place.

Also coincidence of coincidences, the developers' next game seems to also hit similar notes to Palworld, recently signing up with a completely different publisher ALSO days after Palworld's success:

Cash grab or not, I'm going to buy it because I have a mental disease, and I will report back with news good or bad when/if it releases!

the Digimon Animation 25th anniversary is being celebrated in a few weeks, the Digimon Games Twitter retweeted it, and if there's not a game announced by then Dizzy might actually consider playing sudoku (for real for real this time):

Last I read from the developers, there's a Digimonstory game in the works that's not Cyber Sleuth related, and I have been waiting for it to release for years now. They also polled users whether or not they want to purchase modern ports of their old games in English, to a resounding "yes", so there's some hope on that end as well. If not, we can always play another playthrough of Digimon World: Next Order until those old Digimon World ports are put together. If Monster Rancher could do it, so can they, and that's the copium I am relying on!

While it may not be a Monster Tamer game, a similar level of autism is applied with its loop of collecting and building Gundam, as Gundam Breaker 4 was announced the other day, and this is the real shit, absolutely nothing like New Gundam Breaker. This is the game that people kept buying all of the other recent English Gundam games for, in the hopes that either it or 3 would come to modern platforms. If you even remotely like Gundam, you are going to want to purchase the most expensive version of this game possible on PC, because it is a builder's dream - and people far more autistic than any of us are almost guaranteed to mod even more crazy things in.

If Dizzy doesn't know by now, it's probably for the best that nobody tells her, because she is going to ruin her life with this game.

Monster Hunter: Stories is a series of games that also aims for the Pokemon audience, so this port announcement may also coincide with Palworld's success, somewhat. It's also had a bit of a troubled release, with each English platform beforehand having different content, with some content releasing in Japan only, so now it's all in one package for people to play - and possibly pick up Monster Hunter: Stories 2 along the way, which I am still hoping for an expansion to.

Hopefully this does well enough that a Monster Hunter: Stories 3 is considered, or the big wigs at Capcom might think people don't want Monster Hunter: Stories games anymore. And that's terrible! I dislike gaming executives like you wouldn't believe! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And with this, I have done infinitely more work than most modern gaming journalists for free, and I will now proceed to die internally.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Never played the first Helldivers, but been having a blast with Helldivers 2! Love the Starship Trooper vibes and fighting hordes of bugs/robots. the co-operative elements is interesting too. sometimes needing support to handle weapons proficiently or combine stratagems to wipe out an area with ease. I do hope the game gets vehicles down the line or some sort of miniature mech one can use. Also, sorry to the fellow Helldiver I obliterated with a small nuke during a swarm attack. If you are out there! :PomuPanic:

However, the game has that day one issue of crashes and lobby joining problems. Something a few multiplayer games have at launch these days. Personally, I only dealt with two crashes inside the ship and one time randomly losing a squad after a mission completion.

Gameplay and Impressions for those interested:

as a HD1 Vet vehicles are definitely in the works hell on some maps you can even see mechs from HD1 though i suspect they will be heavily reworked.

The instability is par for arrowhead games though with how popular it's become perhaps they will be inclined to try fixing it .
Doubleposting because I have a relevant request instead of a meme. What's everyone's impression of Helldivers 2 so far? All I've seen are a few gameplay clips that look cool and people saying the servers are absolutely overloaded beyond capacity.
i doubt it's just overloaded servers i suspect arrowhead has none. Helldivers 2 is a real jump for them in quality on top of its popularity I'm hoping they can scramble fast enough to obtain more servers and try to optimize the game,

Dude TWETY is great and all but do something other then just spamming videos. it's nolan tier shit.
I will now proceed to write essays about current-ish monster taming game news, and monster taming related accessories (only one of the games isn't a monster tamer game), because I am autistic.

Palworld at 25mil copies sold within the first month of sales, surpassing Pokemon is merely a matter of time

With the current onslaught of twitch and chuuba promotion, it doesn't seem like it will die out any time soon - and hopefully the developers are able to hire as many people as needed, because last I checked they said they were woefully understaffed to handle the sheer amount of popularity it gained. Any investor that doesn't jump on ruthless expansion will live to regret their words and deeds.

In other Monster Taming news, TemTem is releasing a survivor-style game using their assets which, while smart from a development perspective, isn't exactly what people wanted out of them for the "next TemTem game":

Personally, I like TemTem, I backed the game during Kickstarter. It's a good competitive Pokemon-like, which is why it's unfortunate that the developers seem to be so out of touch with what people want. New regions and creatures? No, what the people want are battle passes, seasonal events, a rotating cash shop, of course! PVP updates and additional game-modes are good, excellent, as are the two variants of "shiny" for hardcore hunters/breeders, but if that's where the above post-launch funding for the game goes, it might genuinely take a "TemTem 2" to have an actual chance of reaching Palworld-status, let alone Pokemon.

...I'm going to get TemTem Swarm because my autism is tuned to Pokemon and Pokemon-likes, it's a mental disease of its own that only indie devs seem to focus on. Hopefully with Palworld, larger devs are able to have creature collectors greenlit once more, now that executives have dollar signs in their eyes at the prospect of jumping on the Palworld trend.

Re:Legend was kickstarted during a time when Pokemon had yet to transition into the HD console era, billing itself as somewhere between "Stardew Valley" and "Pokemon". An absolute winning formula, so you could understand its success in funding! But because this is a kickstarter game, it unfortunately follows the path of various kickstarter games before it: releasing in an incredibly buggy state that years of Early Access could not overcome, combined with the publisher preventing them from working on the game post-launch to not only fix it but finish their kickstarter promises (alleged by the developers for the past year or so). So it's also not surprising that it completely fell by the wayside!

Last month, the developers made a post stating that the publisher has since allowed them to start fixing the game again and adding the remaining content, as well as making console ports - current fixes are on the beta branch. Coincidence of coincidences, this comes days after Palworld becomes a smash hit, so my take on it is that the publisher sees dollar signs and wants to capitalize. That being said, don't buy it until it's "finished" with all of the backer content implemented, and fixes in place.

Also coincidence of coincidences, the developers' next game seems to also hit similar notes to Palworld, recently signing up with a completely different publisher ALSO days after Palworld's success:

Cash grab or not, I'm going to buy it because I have a mental disease, and I will report back with news good or bad when/if it releases!

the Digimon Animation 25th anniversary is being celebrated in a few weeks, the Digimon Games Twitter retweeted it, and if there's not a game announced by then Dizzy might actually consider playing sudoku (for real for real this time):

Last I read from the developers, there's a Digimonstory game in the works that's not Cyber Sleuth related, and I have been waiting for it to release for years now. They also polled users whether or not they want to purchase modern ports of their old games in English, to a resounding "yes", so there's some hope on that end as well. If not, we can always play another playthrough of Digimon World: Next Order until those old Digimon World ports are put together. If Monster Rancher could do it, so can they, and that's the copium I am relying on!

While it may not be a Monster Tamer game, a similar level of autism is applied with its loop of collecting and building Gundam, as Gundam Breaker 4 was announced the other day, and this is the real shit, absolutely nothing like New Gundam Breaker. This is the game that people kept buying all of the other recent English Gundam games for, in the hopes that either it or 3 would come to modern platforms. If you even remotely like Gundam, you are going to want to purchase the most expensive version of this game possible on PC, because it is a builder's dream - and people far more autistic than any of us are almost guaranteed to mod even more crazy things in.

If Dizzy doesn't know by now, it's probably for the best that nobody tells her, because she is going to ruin her life with this game.

Monster Hunter: Stories is a series of games that also aims for the Pokemon audience, so this port announcement may also coincide with Palworld's success, somewhat. It's also had a bit of a troubled release, with each English platform beforehand having different content, with some content releasing in Japan only, so now it's all in one package for people to play - and possibly pick up Monster Hunter: Stories 2 along the way, which I am still hoping for an expansion to.

Hopefully this does well enough that a Monster Hunter: Stories 3 is considered, or the big wigs at Capcom might think people don't want Monster Hunter: Stories games anymore. And that's terrible! I dislike gaming executives like you wouldn't believe! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And with this, I have done infinitely more work than most modern gaming journalists for free, and I will now proceed to die internally.

TemTem has been the monster taming genres laughing stock since it came out.

There is a difference between having a strong uncompromising vision and being actually retarded and ignoring the playerbase that could have been s large as palworlds.

they more or less refuse to add new monsters most cosmetics and other stuff are for the shitty battle pass in the pvp no one really cares about. this survival mode is just the devs spiting the players at this point.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Pokemon announced that they're going to have a "Pokemon Presents" on February 27th 6am PST/9am EST

I look forward to seeing if they have a livechat and if the livechat has the word "Palworld" chat banned.
I'm betting Gen 5 remakes.

There's no way they could pull off the Gen 5 remakes in a way that wouldn't just be a straight downgrade, imo. Spritework for that gen was basically as good as you could reasonably expect from a sprite-based game with so many different sprites without going HD. No way any garbage the Switch puts out could compete short of using the Octopath Engine with it.

Top Bottom