"Isn't that what we all are though? We are all... comedians"Mori Calliope

Vidya Games Thread

Kalion

:)
I spent 9 hours today playing Helldivers 2 with friends. Very fun, high comedy game. One of those "drink with friends and yell and laugh a lot" games.
Shame it has mixed reviews. Quickplay is currently broken and Steam users are going nuts that it uses Nprotect Game Guard as an anticheat.

Before you ask "why does a co-op PVE game need anticheat?": In Helldivers 1 cheaters would join a session and fuck with missions results. Some rando could join you and boost everyone in the game to max level and credits, as well as one shot everything while being invincible, completely defeating the point of even playing the game. The leaderboards were also full of very obvious cheaters.

UberSoldat

Homeworld 3's been delayed

UberSoldat

Mandalore reviews an RTS

Civvie covers Duke Nukem Zero Hour

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Civvie covers Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Hmm, seems like they loosened up the restrictions on strippers for Zero Hour, interesting. Duke3D 64 completely remade those parts.

Reactions: Icy

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
A demonstration of chat and emotes in PalWorld by America's Sweetheart.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Got into a conversation about Halo tonight, brought me back to these cutscenes and some of their ads.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Got into a conversation about Halo tonight, brought me back to these cutscenes and some of their ads.

Halo had God tier ads, especially the ones for Halo 3 and ODST (probably the best one)

The fact that Microsoft didn't go balls deep into Halo tv/film around this time was a tragedy.

UberSoldat

Gman reviews PS2 ports, good and bad

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

RPGMAKER XP Is free to own till FEB.19​

So if you've ever wanted to make a cringe fan-game for your Oshi, filled with only the shittiest in-jokes from her sub-human community that she has to suffer through out of obligation, well here's your chance!

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

RPGMAKER XP Is free to own till FEB.19​

So if you've ever wanted to make a cringe fan-game for your Oshi, filled with only the shittiest in-jokes from her sub-human community that she has to suffer through out of obligation, well here's your chance!

Someones going to make a fangame of Proctor's bird twink vtuber :SelenHAHAhere:

And before there's a crush brony npc/enemy in the game. :smugpipi:

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

UberSoldat

UberSoldat

chihirogumi

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Looks like Sony isn't confident this generation. Console been out since late 2020, but I think one factor of sales being down, is due to how damn hard it was for 2-3 years to even get one. Hell PS5 had a huge black market during that period, going upward of 2k for a console itself.

Not many interesting games either to make me personally go out and grab a PS5 either. Especially as they're slowly porting games to PC, with more to come after the Insomniac leaks shown how Sony wants to put more games in that market.

Still wonder if we'll see a second video game crash with amount of layoffs and sales going down. I know indie scene will be fine, and more creativity will blossom from it if we do see another crash.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Still wonder if we'll see a second video game crash with amount of layoffs and sales going down. I know indie scene will be fine, and more creativity will blossom from it if we do see another crash.
Honestly? I wouldn't mind. I've got enough roms/isos and a big enough Steam backlog that I could go at least a decade without needing a new game. Probably longer.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Looks like Sony isn't confident this generation. Console been out since late 2020, but I think one factor of sales being down, is due to how damn hard it was for 2-3 years to even get one. Hell PS5 had a huge black market during that period, going upward of 2k for a console itself.

Not many interesting games either to make me personally go out and grab a PS5 either. Especially as they're slowly porting games to PC, with more to come after the Insomniac leaks shown how Sony wants to put more games in that market.

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. Even including last gen, a PC/Playstation was a pretty good combo. There were enough quality Playstation exclusives to justify a PS console, and there were some genres and styles of games I could only get on PC. Both together, I was pretty happy with the games I could pick from.

This gen, I have a Playstation 5 that's severely underworked. There are very few exclusive games on it, fewer still worth playing, and apparently the two lists are getting smaller every day, rather than getting bigger. I'm pretty disappointed so far and I don't see myself buying any Playstation console after the PS5 unless things change significantly.

Top Bottom