"If your future girlfriend is going to swallow two burgers in front of you, never tell her that she's eating too much, pet her on the head, tell her you love her and offer her fries"Auri Lunami

Vidya Games Thread

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Let this thread sell you on an upcoming release.

I actually played SO2 (the PSP version) for the first time like a year ago, so I probably won't get this on release. I probably will at some point because it was definitely a good game and does offer some replayability. I haven't looked at much of this remake either, so I am looking forward to seeing how well they did with it.

UberSoldat

Kalion

:)
After two years, Freddy Fatknuts finally dropped the EVE Online video.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom

they've changed release dates yet again, and now it's coming to early access december 7th.
also no mention of what platforms it's even going to be on.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
HE'S BACK

The world's deepest-voiced Astolfo cosplayer has returned.

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
Robocop: Rogue City early access (and pirated release) is out, and apparently the game is great. Not really surprised considering how weirdly good Terminator: Resistance was. Bonus joy because a couple game journo sites are really assmad that the cops are portrayed positively in that game.
Eurogamer review
1698879311687.jpeg

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

I have to shill this video, it might be the single greatest videogame review of the last fifteen years.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
After two years, Freddy Fatknuts finally dropped the EVE Online video.

yeah when your whole thing is making content that is supposed to cover ALL ASPECTS of internet bullshit admitting the project is way beyond your capabilities means you should not have tackled it in the first place.

Decent video but very disappointing I know of several events worth mentioning that were skimmed over however now that he knows to never do a topic like this again he can go back to good videos.

it does serve as a fun compilation though.

Twin Adder

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
So I was playing Robocop during the early access period, and was having a rip roaring, limb ripping Petter Weller-ing good time. And I go to log into Steam a few minutes ago and am faced with a 30 gig patch on launch. The download for the whole game was 37 gigs during pre-launch. I also have a 47 gig patch for COD (for a campaign I likely won't play as I cant even find the nerve to get through Modern Warfare 1), as well as a 14 gig patch for Baldur's Gate 3. Oh and Darktide has a 5 gig patch but the servers suck. All these choices of what to download so that when the download is done I won't feel like playing it.

:robertudrink:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
So I was playing Robocop during the early access period, and was having a rip roaring, limb ripping Petter Weller-ing good time. And I go to log into Steam a few minutes ago and am faced with a 30 gig patch on launch. The download for the whole game was 37 gigs during pre-launch. I also have a 47 gig patch for COD (for a campaign I likely won't play as I cant even find the nerve to get through Modern Warfare 1), as well as a 14 gig patch for Baldur's Gate 3. Oh and Darktide has a 5 gig patch but the servers suck. All these choices of what to download so that when the download is done I won't feel like playing it.

:robertudrink:

Damn, sucks to suck. Just get fibre bro. :smugpipi:

they've changed release dates yet again, and now it's coming to early access december 7th.
also no mention of what platforms it's even going to be on.

This doesn't even feel like a real trailer, what the fuck? It seems so artificial to be selling a product and the tone is weird for it being a survival loot extractor shooter from the look of it. Tentatively interested because zombie (actual) brain rot but damn bro, first I've heard of this and I have zero faith in it. I expect it to be dead and shuttered by summer 24.

Kalion

:)

I don't know what to say. I'm between flabbergasted and laughing my ass off that this is real.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
This doesn't even feel like a real trailer, what the fuck? It seems so artificial to be selling a product and the tone is weird for it being a survival loot extractor shooter from the look of it. Tentatively interested because zombie (actual) brain rot but damn bro, first I've heard of this and I have zero faith in it. I expect it to be dead and shuttered by summer 24.
honestly every trailer I've seen for this game screams scam, but they aren't doing any crowdfunding for it. so they may be scamming investors, but that would seriously backfire for them legally. I'm guessing once they hit early access, is when the scam will truly hit, and this trailer is the first time they've ever mentioned early access.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
honestly every trailer I've seen for this game screams scam, but they aren't doing any crowdfunding for it. so they may be scamming investors, but that would seriously backfire for them legally. I'm guessing once they hit early access, is when the scam will truly hit, and this trailer is the first time they've ever mentioned early access.

A little bit of a dig shows that this game's been getting roasted lately because the devs keep moving the date back and at some point it was supposed to be a full-on release but now it being touted as early access. Sounds a lot more like it's a cash grab title and they're trying to milk as much public attention as they can to pump initial sales because they know initial impressions will be bad and post-release sales will staunch probably immediately following exposure to what the game actually has to offer.

The most telling of how poorly put together this whole thing is that while they have "gameplay" in the trailer it doesn't really show real gameplay. It's a lot of staged set piece trailer shots or environmental rubbernecking. They're definitely avoiding showing off how the game looks in actual moment-to-moment action because it's probably janky trash and/or barebones. The part I enjoy mostly is the twitter drones I saw defending them and looking like they're dunking on "haters" for questioning the legitimacy/quality of this supposed product and I just wish I could understand what it's like to be such a fucking NPC that has no understanding or perspective of the world around me. The world must be so fascinating and vibrant to them, at the cusp of turning 13, with so much wonder and possibility in the world and not even the slightest hint of cynicism or distrust. :smugselen: To be so naive as to trust anyone involved in games development sight unseen.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Uh, hello, based department?

JA3_nNnHni4txT.png
JA3_CpIA0qWg2N.jpg
JA3_xJ0jvwy2ba.jpg
JA3_QSZqgLfBLi.jpg

JA3_eYycRupBsx.png

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Fellas, I have a Cyberpunk addiction.
Intelligence builds are still busted. Wiped out a MaxTac squad in about 15 seconds with synapse burnout.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Fellas, I have a Cyberpunk addiction.
Intelligence builds are still busted. Wiped out a MaxTac squad in about 15 seconds with synapse burnout.
Yeah, that one quick hack is super OP. The DLC quick hack is also wild.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Yeah, that one quick hack is super OP. The DLC quick hack is also wild.
I chose songbird so I never managed to get the chance to try it, but I did use the smg and that thing is pretty good too. my only gripe with it is that it FUCKING TALKS.
Even if you don’t get that quickhack all you need is the tetratonic deck and the iconic cyberware to make every quickhack deal crit damage. Even on hard you are dealing a huge amount of overkill damage to most enemies.

Also I saw a lot of people comment that the final mission in the militech bunker was bad, but I enjoyed it.

God's Strongest Dragoon

my only gripe with it is that it FUCKING TALKS.
>Doing quest
>Johnny starts talking
>Canto starts talking
>the fucking gun starts talking too
Truly the schizo experience.
:beataniugh:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
>Doing quest
>Johnny starts talking
>Canto starts talking
>the fucking gun starts talking too
Truly the schizo experience.
:beataniugh:
I know the voices in your head are not real but it's also rude to exclude them.

Top Bottom